bjj111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HOW important is it to...

Consume protein within a 15-30 minute window post workout.. as many say? I do not want to comsume any supplements anymore which will make it not possible for me to consume any postworkout drinks as soon as workout is done. Is it really necessary to consume something within 15-30 minutes after my workout? Would I still have the same results if I eat enough food throughout the day but just not RIGHT after the workout?

Oh and any suggestions for alternatives to WHEY protein? Like Vega or something that is not whey?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bjj111 View Post
    Consume protein within a 15-30 minute window post workout.. as many say? I do not want to comsume any supplements anymore which will make it not possible for me to consume any postworkout drinks as soon as workout is done. Is it really necessary to consume something within 15-30 minutes after my workout? Would I still have the same results if I eat enough food throughout the day but just not RIGHT after the workout?
    It's importance is overstated.

Consider - when weight training your intended goal is to cause muscular micro trauma, prompting your body to repair the damage and make it stronger/bigger. So if you do the damage in your training but *don't* consume protein in that "magic window" - what happens? Does your body just choose to not repair the damage? Of course not, it will repair the micro trauma, just maybe somewhat slower.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    It's importance is overstated.

Consider - when weight training your intended goal is to cause muscular micro trauma, prompting your body to repair the damage and make it stronger/bigger. So if you do the damage in your training but *don't* consume protein in that "magic window" - what happens? Does your body just choose to not repair the damage? Of course not, it will repair the micro trauma, just maybe somewhat slower.
    So when you say "just maybe somewhat slower" do you mean that it will take a longer period of recuperation until you CAN/SHOULD get back to working out the same body part again?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So when you say "just maybe somewhat slower" do you mean that it will take a longer period of recuperation until you CAN/SHOULD get back to working out the same body part again?
    In theory, yes. In practice there are many many other variables to consider.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

So if I normally wait 48 hours to workout a body part again if I consume protein within 15-30 min, then I should wait 72 hours because I didn't consume protein in 15-30 min? If that's the case then I wouldn't say "it's importance is overstated" because that is a significant difference in one's training regimen. So that means it is actually VERY important to consume protein/food ASAP.

any suggestions for alternate supplements then? Because I really don't want to take whey protein anymore. It really doesn't make me feel good.

So if I normally wait 48 hours to workout a body part again if I consume protein within 15-30 min, then I should wait 72 hours because I didn't consume protein in 15-30 min? If that's the case then I wouldn't say "it's importance is overstated" because that is a significant difference in one's training regimen. So that means it is actually VERY important to consume protein/food ASAP.
    That's not at all what I said. You're oversimplifying and over thinking.

any suggestions for alternate supplements then? Because I really don't want to take whey protein anymore. It really doesn't make me feel good.
    What's wrong with whole food protein sources?

What's wrong with whole food protein sources?
    Nothing at all. I just wanted something that is convenient to bring around with me because I'm out most of the time.

Thanks for your advice!

Nothing at all. I just wanted something that is convenient to bring around with me because I'm out most of the time.

Thanks for your advice!
    Cook your meals in advance and then use tupperware and a carry cooler.

You could also look at different styles of nutrition plans like intermittent fasting, which seems to work well for those who have schedule challenges with their meals.

Cook your meals in advance and then use tupperware and a carry cooler.

You could also look at different styles of nutrition plans like intermittent fasting, which seems to work well for those who have schedule challenges with their meals.
    Cool, thanks Iceman!

5'8 and proud crew TommyGun1988's Avatar
    Location: london, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TommyGun1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just hit macros for the day. Your bodys still processing food from the previous day anyway. Its definately not of major importance.
    April 13 - 135lbs 13 percent bf
    Dec 16 - 188lbs 13 percent bf

Train hard eat well and never lose sight of your dreams.
    Quitters quit