ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThinkAndGrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How strong are you when it comes to wide-grip pull ups?

When I started working out at 18 I don't remember ever needing to use weight assistance to do pull ups and eventually ended up lifting with a 45-50 lb dumbbell between my legs 8-10 reps easy. This is my fourth consecutive week training and I went from pull ups using 70 lbs of assistance down to 24 lbs. I'm really excited to move forward and start doing them on my own and I was curious how you guys are doing?

ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this is a workout that depends on your body weight, I see alot of bigger guys who struggle on pull ups yet the littler guys can fly while doing them. I can do 3 sets of 8 wide grip pull ups fairly easily

chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wide grip really activates your lats. One trick I learned was instead of focusing on pulling your body up, really focus on driving and forcing your elbows down. Works wonders and really works lats well
    "To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before."

Flat Bench: 265lbs x 4
    Squat: 335x5
    Deadlift: 365x4

chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chackett13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can do about 4 sets of 6 with a 45 lb plate between my legs
    "To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before."

Flat Bench: 265lbs x 4
    Squat: 335x5
    Deadlift: 365x4

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ClassActJack View Post
    this is a workout that depends on your body weight, I see alot of bigger guys who struggle on pull ups yet the littler guys can fly while doing them.y
    This. Many people using weights won't be at my BW while doing them, or my ROM. So its harder for me to do them with more weight. But more power to people adding on the weight and doing pull ups!

JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JoJaxs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chackett13 View Post
    Wide grip really activates your lats. One trick I learned was instead of focusing on pulling your body up, really focus on driving and forcing your elbows down. Works wonders and really works lats well
    Will give this technique a shot next back day. Tfw you struggle on assisted pull ups

headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headrek1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't worry man you'll get stronger. Make sure you're doing rows, whether seated, dumbell or barbell, benching also helps work your lats too. Your bi's also play a pretty big role in pullups so work them as well.
    "Don't fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious, even to fail."-Bruce Lee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current/Goals
    Bench-340x1/405x1
    Deadlift-450x1/500x1
    Squat-420x1/500x1

Registered User transamdroptp08's Avatar
    transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ClassActJack View Post
    this is a workout that depends on your body weight, I see alot of bigger guys who struggle on pull ups yet the littler guys can fly while doing them. I can do 3 sets of 8 wide grip pull ups fairly easily
    Really depends on your personal conditioning. I am 6'5 255-260lbs and can do 21-23 widegrip Marine Corps pullups which are full up and full down.

When I started at 17 I would struggle to get 4-5 @6'4 and 170.

At my best I could get 27 with 45lbs between my legs@ 245lbs.