therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Concentration Curls, Are they really worth it?

It seems i may be doing too many bicep exercises, and i need to cut one loose. I'm thinking of omitting concentration. I think i prefer preacher better, and btw at the time i reach concentration my muscles are so worked up, i can barely curl with the 5kg dumbbells...

I have been looking at this old post, almost everyone (except one) says preacher are better and more efficient. It is also said to do both, but since i need to lose one, i might as well lose the concentrations. Do you think it is right that I'm doing this?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=493701

Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    It seems i may be doing too many bicep exercises, and i need to cut one loose. I'm thinking of omitting concentration. I think i prefer preacher better, and btw at the time i reach concentration my muscles are so worked up, i can barely curl with the 5kg dumbbells...

I have been looking at this old post, almost everyone (except one) says preacher are better and more efficient. It is also said to do both, but since i need to lose one, i might as well lose the concentrations. Do you think it is right that I'm doing this?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=493701
    Yes. When you feel like your doing too many sets, the best course of action is usually to cut out the most isolation intensive exercise you're currently doing.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They're just curls. Don't over think it.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therock003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SwagMorris View Post
    They're just curls. Don't over think it.
    This is a non-answer. I'll go with what northlax said.

croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50) croberrw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One curl is fine.

Especially if your are doing a sufficient amount of rows and chin-ups.

Go ahead and alternate between them on different sessions.

joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) joewtugwell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by croberrw View Post
    One curl is fine.

Especially if your are doing a sufficient amount of rows and chin-ups.

Go ahead and alternate between them on different sessions.
    I see you're from Hampton. Newport news guy here.

Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shredzkent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    They are def really good

Registered User garywallace1987's Avatar
    garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) garywallace1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm with croberrw on this one. Variety is an important key to staving off a plateau so switch it up and keep the body guessing bud

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by garywallace1987 View Post
    I'm with croberrw on this one. Variety is an important key to staving off a plateau so switch it up and keep the body guessing bud

muscle confusion!
    Stern Crew

Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aphoticc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Concentration curls are great. They really isolate your biceps and are much harder to "cheat" on than say normal standing dumbbell curls.

Registered User jamaatalcomilla's Avatar
    jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dont have to do all your bicep exercises in one day just spread them out over several workout and then mix and match
    even Einstein couldnt explain gravity

Originally Posted by jamaatalcomilla View Post
    dont have to do all your bicep exercises in one day just spread them out over several workout and then mix and match
    How do you mean? Should i not have a bicep day?

paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    How do you mean? Should i not have a bicep day?
    Biceps are a small muscle group, there is no need to set a whole training session them. Focus on compound movements and add in your isolation work for example on back day if your doing deadlifts, rows, chinups/pull ups etc.. your biceps are inheritely worked add a couple variations of curls and that's all you need.