xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xParadigm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Allergic Reaction due to Pre-Workout!

I've been using C4 for a solid month (barely started working out again), then one day, all of a sudden I've broken out of Hives all over my arms, chest, back, neck, it's like a little mosquito bite/red blotches all over my body, which lasted for at least a couple of weeks. So, I went to an Allergenist got my blood tested, got the results and found out that I don't have any allergy to any of the food that I eat, as well as dust mites/pollens, so the weather has nothing to do with it. Where the Doctor prescribed me to take Allegra, to prevent it from happening. I even stopped working out/taking any supplements for at least a month or so.

So I'm guessing it's the pre-workout, since I didn't change anything in my diet, and the only supplement that I've been taking is ON Whey Protein, as well as ON Micronized Creatine (unless there's something in those that could also trigger an allergic reaction) which I highly doubt. After I stopped going to the gym for at least 2 months or so, I decided to give it a shot again, went for a week straight with no problem, taking my PWO before, and drinking my supplements after.. After a week of feeling normal, I woke up with red blotches all over my body, so I totally just stopped using the PWO. After a day or two with the help of Allegra taking it for 2 days now and my allergy seems to disappear again.

I've been reading through some threads regarding my situation, and found out that I might be allergic to Beta Alanine/Niacin (flush) (not really sure which one of those, but pretty sure that it's the Niacin), So my questions are:

- How long does this so called 'Niacin Flush' occur? Stays in my system, given that I've used PWO for a week straight, after 2 months or so..
    - Could you brahs recommend me a good pre-workout that doesn't have either Beta Alanine/Niacin ? Preferably the one without Niacin, since I've been reading that Niacin causes that 'Hives' like blotches.

This **** is really bothering me to the point that I can't go to the gym on the daily basis due to this reaction. Help a fellow brah out.

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    coffee
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

ldspsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xParadigm View Post
    I've been using C4 for a solid month (barely started working out again), then one day, all of a sudden I've broken out of Hives all over my arms, chest, back, neck, it's like a little mosquito bite/red blotches all over my body, which lasted for at least a couple of weeks. So, I went to an Allergenist got my blood tested, got the results and found out that I don't have any allergy to any of the food that I eat, as well as dust mites/pollens, so the weather has nothing to do with it. Where the Doctor prescribed me to take Allegra, to prevent it from happening. I even stopped working out/taking any supplements for at least a month or so.

So I'm guessing it's the pre-workout, since I didn't change anything in my diet, and the only supplement that I've been taking is ON Whey Protein, as well as ON Micronized Creatine (unless there's something in those that could also trigger an allergic reaction) which I highly doubt. After I stopped going to the gym for at least 2 months or so, I decided to give it a shot again, went for a week straight with no problem, taking my PWO before, and drinking my supplements after.. After a week of feeling normal, I woke up with red blotches all over my body, so I totally just stopped using the PWO. After a day or two with the help of Allegra taking it for 2 days now and my allergy seems to disappear again.

I've been reading through some threads regarding my situation, and found out that I might be allergic to Beta Alanine/Niacin (flush) (not really sure which one of those, but pretty sure that it's the Niacin), So my questions are:

- How long does this so called 'Niacin Flush' occur? Stays in my system, given that I've used PWO for a week straight, after 2 months or so..
    - Could you brahs recommend me a good pre-workout that doesn't have either Beta Alanine/Niacin ? Preferably the one without Niacin, since I've been reading that Niacin causes that 'Hives' like blotches.

This **** is really bothering me to the point that I can't go to the gym on the daily basis due to this reaction. Help a fellow brah out.
    You should just use hoodia, i just had mine last week, It really sucks! I was using womens elite pre work out for about 2 containers, as far as I can remember started breaking out on my chin for almost 2 months until just last week my whole face was burning itchy breaking out like big hives & eyes bags swollen. So i went to dermatologist & according to him might be allergic reaction from pre work out he's been getting a lot of clients with similar..so he prescribed me medication.

ldspsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Or try Epiq Power

mail2dns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes same happened with me, I believe, red patches appeared on my soles of feet after the continues usage of "pre-workout" for about two years without giving a gap. can't sleep proper, always energized, cold sweat......etc, addicted of it to hit gym.......At last consulted with doctor, though she prescribed few medicine, which i never found a permanent solution rather helped me for days to control it. left gym and pre-workout for about two weeks as of now, taking Ayurvedic blood purifier tablets which i hope will help me to recover from all craps. Lets see.............

Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartansuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xParadigm View Post

Pretty common side effect of niacin - niacinamide - Vit b3. I could almost be 99% sure it is this as opposed to the Beta-Alanine.
    As for how long it takes to 'flush' typically less than 12 hours, up the water and it should pass quicker, its a b vitamin extract after all.

Try supping with straight Glycine, this is very dense and can help pull toxins through the system, works a treat for anyone with a sallicilylte problem.

As for a good pre with neither.. Most good pre's are going to have beta alanine as its an awesome ingredient. My fav pre is Dust V2, has no Niacin, so try that if you like and you should be fine.

rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's happened to me before. I switched to a different Pre and never had anymore problems
    With God all things are possible.

InfinityTimes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone,
    I`ve been looking for a similar topic and almost nothing.

I recently started to take MyProtein MyPre and after one week I concluded that I have skin Allergic reaction from it.
    red itchy flackes hives small bumps, on interior sine of elbows, on my forehead, started from back of my neck and expanding on sides
    also red blotches on hands and chest.

After some research the main suspects are:
    1) Niacin (as niacinamide)
    2) B-alanine

I wish i never bought it horrible experience.

brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InfinityTimes View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I`ve been looking for a similar topic and almost nothing.

I recently started to take MyProtein MyPre and after one week I concluded that I have skin Allergic reaction from it.
    red itchy flackes hives small bumps, on interior sine of elbows, on my forehead, started from back of my neck and expanding on sides
    also red blotches on hands and chest.

After some research the main suspects are:
    1) Niacin (as niacinamide)
    2) B-alanine

I wish i never bought it horrible experience.
    Try to return it.
    Army Veteran, OEF.