Paper1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need help but have done work... :)

Hello I'm new.. I have read some of the posts on nutrition. I have worked out all my macro nutrients manually as suggested.

My stats:

Female
    Height: 5 ''8 / 172.5 cm
    Weight: 193 lb / 87.6 g

I used all the info on the post to work out macro nutrients..

BMR 1953.249 (based on Mifflin-St Jeor - says it overestimates in the overweight (which I am)

Total Calories 1954 x 1.6 = 3126.4
    ( I am a English teacher and I do 2 / 3 hour Muay Thai classes 3 -4 times a week. I started this just after Christmas)
    Sometimes swim, sometimes run.

Goals: Short Term: To do proper push ups so my Muay Thai trainer will then teach me how to do handstands because I never did them before in my life!
    Long Term: To be a kick ass ninja)

- To LOSE weight: SUBTRACT 10-20% calories from the total above

Calories 1954 x 1.6 3126.4
    So this is what I should be aiming for? --> 2501.12 Calories

I haven't been weighing anything just eating as many whole foods as possible, 95% avoiding processed food etc. I actually started at 200 lb and have lost 7 lb in the last few weeks. Before I was doing this I would eat family sized bags of potato chips pretty much EVERY night, whole loaves of French bread with oily curries etc fast food etc So yes, I do have a binge eating disorder but I haven't done any of that for over a month now (so happy) and I am really in to Muay Thai training (I'm in Asia) as the workout is good and the trainers are nice and all is friendly and relaxed.

So my questions are:

1) Have I worked out my macros correctly please? Do I need to take anything off to allow for the Mifflin-St Jeor over estimate?

2) Armed with my new information, how did you go about planning your meals? I started a spread sheet with the things I eat most into it. So then I write down the protein, fat and carbs and then daily percentage and deduct from that? I just wondered how everyone else does it. Is it like a slow learning process and after a while you get the feel of it.

I am wary of my eating issues so am a bit nervous about food measurements as before I have restricted too much. But I know it needs to be done at some point, start slow?

Thank you for reading and I hope my post does not anger any of the bodybuilding forum Gods... xx

PS I think I will also post in ED forum.
    Last edited by Paper1983; 01-29-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Because I didn't proof read before I posted..