Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000) asdf89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Body Chart: slightly uneven hips, slightly uneven shoulder height, mild scoliosis.

Age: 24 - was 17 when accident it happened, noticed some problems since recovery

Mechanism of injury: I was hit in the side by a truck and broke my femur and humerus. I lifted prior and i did not do nearly any rehab for the leg because i had good strength in it still..i stopped lifting after that for awhile...since then i have been off and on. I have heard that the uneven hips cause the scoliosis, which in turn cause the shoulders to be uneven. I have also heard that the uneven hips could be caused by an imbalance in the legs. my legs appear to be the same length. Im not sure if something has become shortened over time or needs to be stretched/strengthened. I have been back lifting training quads, glutes, hips, and hams unilaterally for 2 months now so far.
    Last edited by asdf89; 01-31-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Prophylaxis View Post
    Hey man,

Given that you have lumbar pain AS WELL AS glut pain, i'd say there is a good chance these are related.

Is your back pain on the same side as the glut pain?
    If you go through all lumbar active range of motion spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg - which one of these movements specifically brings on the glut pain or lumbar pain?
    Any pins and needles or numbness down the leg?
    Does the pain travel past the gluts - into the legs?
    What exercises did the PT give you? Which one of these relieved the pain?
    I don't think it was specifically glutes, but I circled the parts which hurt, along with my lower back

In that picture you linked, the extension/flexion is where it hurts the worst

I have felt numbness in that areas

Man he did active release on the iliaic/ gastron theraphy which helped. He also said strech hamstrings, but that only helps for awhile

Also this may sound weird, but if I squeeze my glutes hard sometimes they make a loud popping sound same thing with the inner thigh area. Is this related?

Thanks for answering man, it means a lot.
    Last edited by Dawlphinracer; 01-31-2014 at 11:10 PM.

jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jazi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No injury yet but thoughts on standing barbell military press? In terms of lower back safety.
    ***No Breathe Crew (test levels through the roof)***

***No Eat Crew***

***0 test crew (up from negative)***

adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great - finally before I give you my provisional diagnosis and exercises - Did number 3 (active impingement test) reproduce any pain? - where you touch your opposite shoulder and lift the elbow up?

I will answer the rest of the posts on this thread over the next 12 hours!
    Yeah, i get the pain in the ant. shoulder and the scapular pain brah
    notpartofacrew crew

bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Body Chart: (Where exactly does it hurt?) - the upper portion of the vastus lateralis (I think)

Mechanism of injury: Did the pain occur during ONE particular event? Or can you think of nothing that brought it on? It first noticed it during squats. It wasn't that bad at first but has become worse over time. Now I can't squat at all, and it even hurts some during leg press, lunges, and leg extensions, but they're bearable. Squats though, both back and front, are a no go. I can do them like once every 2wks once the pain goes away from the last time I squatted but that's it. I mainly notice the pain in the bottom portion of the rep (in the hole). I do high bar Olympic type squats if that helps any.

Aggravating factors: What makes the pain worse? any quad intensive exercise

Easing factors: What relieves the pain? Rest

Thanks for any insight!

Edit; forgot to mention, I also have a lot of lower back pain, that's not really my "back" at all. It's like my upper glutes or something, right at the waist line. I mentioned this because I thought it might somehow be related to the quad thing. I also forgot to mention that I stretch, foam roll, and use a lacrosse ball or baseball on my muscles basically every day, sometimes twice a day.
    Last edited by bubba289; 02-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    THINK FOR YOURSELF, QUESTION AUTHORITY!

Instagram - @bury_me_in_sm0ke

Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by adoamd View Post
    Yeah, i get the pain in the ant. shoulder and the scapular pain brah
    Hey adoamd,

I would say that your anterior shoulder pain could be caused by an 'impingement' driven by poor scapular position - this would also explain the pain you get around your scap.

Poor scapular positioning minimises the available space within the shoulder and can 'pinch' certain structures - see how when you retracted the shoulder, you had less pain? This is because by pulling the scapular (slightly) back you increased the space at the front of the shoulder. Here's an image to help you better visualise - physiopro.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/image4(DOT)jpg

So first thing is to make sure you scap is in a good position (slightly up and back) - during all workouts. At the gym whenever I see people do arms - even curls - when they fatigue they drop their shoulders forward - more form like this is what contributes to bad scap positioning.

Exercises:

1) Begin with resetting the shoulder blade - Here is a quick - basic video which describes (more or less) how to reset your shoulder blade - youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=ycKEFDoNPh8. While maintaining this position gently flex the shoulder up to 45 degrees and back again - repeat 30 of these every few hours throughout the day - it's a basic exercise but will do wonders for your scap position

2) Stretch the bicep (since 'Speeds' Test brought on some pain - you want to relieve any tension through long head of bicep - can make these dynamic neural glides as well - ergomomma.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/median-nerve-stretch1(DOT)jpg) and stretch post cuff (sports-injury-info.com/image-files/shoulder-stretching-cross-body-post-capsule(DOT)jpg

3) Adduction strengthening - great with pulleys at the gym - again this will help you strengthen the rotator cuff with minimal delt involvement ukhealthcare.uky.edu/uploadedImages/image_shoulderrc4(DOT)jpg

Try out for me and let me know how you go!

Because you have neck pain as well, take it easy on the neural glide stretches - and these should definitely not be hurting.

I will aim to answer all other responses over the next day!

adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) adoamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey adoamd,

I would say that your anterior shoulder pain could be caused by an 'impingement' driven by poor scapular position - this would also explain the pain you get around your scap.

Poor scapular positioning minimises the available space within the shoulder and can 'pinch' certain structures - see how when you retracted the shoulder, you had less pain? This is because by pulling the scapular (slightly) back you increased the space at the front of the shoulder. Here's an image to help you better visualise - physiopro.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/image4(DOT)jpg

So first thing is to make sure you scap is in a good position (slightly up and back) - during all workouts. At the gym whenever I see people do arms - even curls - when they fatigue they drop their shoulders forward - more form like this is what contributes to bad scap positioning.

Exercises:

1) Begin with resetting the shoulder blade - Here is a quick - basic video which describes (more or less) how to reset your shoulder blade - youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=ycKEFDoNPh8. While maintaining this position gently flex the shoulder up to 45 degrees and back again - repeat 30 of these every few hours throughout the day - it's a basic exercise but will do wonders for your scap position

2) Stretch the bicep (since 'Speeds' Test brought on some pain - you want to relieve any tension through long head of bicep - can make these dynamic neural glides as well - ergomomma.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/median-nerve-stretch1(DOT)jpg) and stretch post cuff (sports-injury-info.com/image-files/shoulder-stretching-cross-body-post-capsule(DOT)jpg

3) Adduction strengthening - great with pulleys at the gym - again this will help you strengthen the rotator cuff with minimal delt involvement ukhealthcare.uky.edu/uploadedImages/image_shoulderrc4(DOT)jpg

Try out for me and let me know how you go!

Because you have neck pain as well, take it easy on the neural glide stretches - and these should definitely not be hurting.

I will aim to answer all other responses over the next day!
    Thanks bro. much love. I wish you all the best with your physiotherapy career man. IF i can ask, which uni did u graduate from? I did 2 years of physio at USyd then I had to drop out lol. long story.
    notpartofacrew crew

Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Prophylaxis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Body Chart: (Where exactly does it hurt?) - Lower back right side of the spine upper lumbar region.
    Mechanism of injury: Broke form on dead lift 2 years ago (450 pounds)
    Aggravating factors: Dead lifts above 275, (270 is pain free for 10+ reps)... Squats above 315. Moving peoples chit.
    Easing factors: Two pains. Extreme pinch pain if I try to go past 270 again (muscle relaxants, pain killers, and 3-5 days). Constant back pain in my lower back with flair ups else where. (Massage therapy reduces the pain to minimal for about a week or so.)

No visible bulging discs.
    Hey Austanian,

Did you have an MRI? If so, what were the results?
    When you say 'flare ups else-where' - do you mean you get leg pain? Or where else does it hurt?
    Have you been reviewed by a surgeon or doctor? If so, what did they say?

Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Market_Pantry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    neat thread.

Originally Posted by MaxRofls View Post
    Down the triceps, into the elbow. No neck or shoulder pain apart from the normal DOMS. No needle-pricking feeling.
    Hey Max,

When you do chest/arms or whatever brings on your tricep pain - can I get you to bring your chin to your chest. Does this reduce the tricep pain at all?

Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie23G will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Body Chart: Left hand side of my back, the point where the teres major meets the trap
    Mechanism of injury: Nothing in particular has brought it on.
    Aggravating factors: Standing for long periods of time eg at work
    Easing factors: Foam roll or laying down

Saw a neuromuscular therapist and he believed it was from a tight gluteus medius
    lb/kg
    Squat: 308/140
    Bench: 253/115
    Dead:396/180
    Military Press:154/70

100m dash: 11.8
    200m dash:24.5

** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    ***MMA Crew***

mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have 2 injuries ATM bro

Body Chart:Right side, Hip flexer ( I think )
    Mechanism of injury: When running, just got pain out of no where
    Aggravating factors: Squating down, running
    Easing factors: straightening the leg

Body Chart: Middle trap, around the shoulder blade, left side
    Mechanism of injury: Just came on when i woke up one day
    Aggravating factors: Touching the area, any movement
    Easing factors: Not touching/moving the arm

Originally Posted by youngbuckets5 View Post
    Body Chart: lower back right above butt

Mechanism of injury: was squatting heavy and got greedy and went for another rep and hurt it

Aggravating factors: basketball, sprints, any sports or cardio that has a lot running, sprinting, jumping and constant impact like landing from jumps etc however i can lift fine as long as i dont squat or deadlift etc.

Easing factors: rest and heat but only to an extent

extra info: I am perplexed by this injury. I have good periods where I can play sports, run and jump and be fine and compete at a high level, however the pain is still there, i am just able to play through it as it isnt too bad and doesnt really hinder performance. Then I have bad weeks (like this week) i did the wingate test two days in a row and totally aggravated it and havent been able to play basketball or do much this week and its really been hurting, the thing is, within another week of rest I will feel better and feel good enough to play basketball etc again for a few weeks while still feeling some pain, then it will get bad again and i needa rest, it seems like such a vicious cycle and i dont know what to do.

basically i just recover to a certain point but my back never gets back to 100 percent, i am so frustrated and upset and ont know what to do
    hey man,

Just so I can work out a bit more about your problem, can you tell me which one of these movements hurts or brings on the pain? spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg
    Any leg pain or pins/needles down the legs?
    How long have you had this pain for?

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Austanian,

Did you have an MRI? If so, what were the results?
    When you say 'flare ups else-where' - do you mean you get leg pain? Or where else does it hurt?
    Have you been reviewed by a surgeon or doctor? If so, what did they say?
    I haven't had an MRI. My insurance doesn't cover it very well and I am not making enough to pay the fairly large deductible.

Flair ups else where as in pain in other locations. Not in my legs, but some upperback, lat, and other side of my back pain.

I have seen regular clinic doctors and they basically referred me to the specialist, but they also talk about the risks of surgery.

The problem is that I don't have several thousand dollars to blow on the examinations and that is before they ever cut open my back. Secondly part of the problem is that if I don't do deadlifts and I never squat more than 315 I am free from the extreme pinch pain and only have to deal with the back soreness. Massage seems to help with that pain and I AM given 20 of those a year by my insurance.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

when will it be my turn? youngbuckets5's Avatar
    youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youngbuckets5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey man,

Just so I can work out a bit more about your problem, can you tell me which one of these movements hurts or brings on the pain? spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg
    Any leg pain or pins/needles down the legs?
    How long have you had this pain for?
    for some reason when i use that link it just brings me to the home page with no images of movements, i can tell you from my knowledge what movements do though. 1) bending neck down or bending at the waist 2) if i jump and land on my heels 3) i pass the hernia test where a doc raises each leg and sees if that hurts, it does not. I have ZERO leg pain and or pins/needles thank god. I have had this pain for about six months now
    Lean Bulking for Life Crew

Itchy Angus Crew

Originally Posted by unc91 View Post
    are you suppose to foam roll your whole body everyday? should i foam roll before or after lifting?
    Hey man,

Generally it's not essential to foam roll your whole body everyday. Think of foam rolling like a self-massage. You don't need a massage everyday - but it can't hurt when you are feeling tight somewhere in particular.

Certainly I advocate foam rolling quads/hamys and calves in particular - as these large muscles are easy to isolate. Other muscles (e.g. posterior cuff - behind the shoulder) - require more specific instruments such as IASTM - mikereinold.com/2013/08/best-iastm-tool(DOT)html - these are also great for deep glut releases.

In regards to whether it is better to foam roll before or after - if you were to have a muscle spasm going into a session, it would make sense to release it BEFORE lifting -(improving muscle length-tension relationship) and may even improve your performance.

Originally Posted by KingofLifts View Post
    Body Chart: Front Part of the right Knee

Mechanism of injury: Started when I "overstretched" my leg after a track workout. The front part of my knee swole up after that. Pain subsidied but a horrendous knee popping sound started occuring when doing squats. My knee still pops when i squat. It feels like im squatting on a bubble of pressure at the front part of the knee.

Aggravating factors: No pain, but knee is still popping.

Easing factors: None that I know of, knee doesn't pop if the knee joint isn't flexed. Knee only pops when I hit parallel.
    Hey KingofLifts,

I'll just focus on your knee for the time being.

When did you overstretch it?
    Have you had the knee assessed by anyone?
    Specifically how did you 'overstretch' it? (Was it a quad stretch?) - did you hear a pop at the time?
    Is there any clicking/locking/giving way of the knee?
    Does the knee feel unstable? (i.e. buckles under you?) - more concerned about stability than pain?
    Are you able to change direction/run?
    If you bend the knee back all the way while sitting down , does that hurt?

Originally Posted by amills2015 View Post
    Appreciate all the insight Prophylaxis

24 y/o
    considerable bilateral retroversion, don't know degrees but during lab practice Craig's test is positive bilateral with G. trochanter most pronounced while in external rotation. (pta student 4 months out from being finished)

I understand how limited non-surgical intervention is for this structural problem but what would you suggest? I result in a significant amount of pronation especially in gait and squating with it being most pronounced at the ankle. So far I do single leg squats with external rotation at the end of the concentric ROM to try and work on supination at the knee.

Also have ~12 degrees left DF during single leg squat excursion test and ~15 right leg. Been stretching G/S pretty aggressively.
    Hey Amills,

Great to hear you've almost finished your studies.

Firstly;
    What specifically what you like me to help with you? Flexibility? Pain (In groin/greater trochanter/back?) ? Weakness? (If so where)

Then we can go from there =)

Originally Posted by asdf89 View Post
    Body Chart: slightly uneven hips, slightly uneven shoulder height, mild scoliosis.

Age: 24 - was 17 when accident it happened, noticed some problems since recovery

Mechanism of injury: I was hit in the side by a truck and broke my femur and humerus. I lifted prior and i did not do nearly any rehab for the leg because i had good strength in it still..i stopped lifting after that for awhile...since then i have been off and on. I have heard that the uneven hips cause the scoliosis, which in turn cause the shoulders to be uneven. I have also heard that the uneven hips could be caused by an imbalance in the legs. my legs appear to be the same length. Im not sure if something has become shortened over time or needs to be stretched/strengthened. I have been back lifting training quads, glutes, hips, and hams unilaterally for 2 months now so far.
    Hey asd,

Sorry to hear about the accident - sounds like it was quite a trauma!

Before I start - did you have any surgery on the hip or arm? Did the surgeons advise you NOT to perform any exercises in the long term?

Specifically, what would you like help with? - Are you getting pain? Do certain muscles feel weaker? Do you want to increase flexibility? What do you want to get back into doing?

The one thing to consider about leg length discrepancy - is that more commonly they are caused by glut muscle imbalances - rather than being a physical problem with the length of femur/tibia etc. HOWEVER in your case it is possible that there may be a slight discrepancy between the length of two sides- given that you had the accident and were most likely not yet at skeletal maturity. In saying that - you can certainly improve this by targeted exercises around the hip.

Originally Posted by jazi View Post
    No injury yet but thoughts on standing barbell military press? In terms of lower back safety.
    The biggest thing to be mindful of with military press are shoulder injuries. If anyone of my clients has shoulder problems - I find alternative exercises.

In regards to helping the lower back - Everyone is different - some people need to switch on gluts more, some people need more posterior pelvic tilt while lifting - so I can't give a blanket 'Do's and Don't' for military press (as much as I would like to haha)

Some general advice though - you want to slightly activate your Transverse abdominus (one of the 'core' muscles) I like to get this muscle firing by telling my clients to slightly 'pretend you are fitting into tight jeans and slowly draw your belly button in' - then hold - make sure you don't fire the superficial abdominal muscles! Work on isolating this first without weights.

While you are extending - I would also recommend slightly squeezing your gluts - to get them firing and to help support the back.

Keep regularly stretching as well - You want to make sure you have good mobility through the thoracic spine so the lumbar spine doesn't get too hammered!

Originally Posted by bubba289 View Post
    Body Chart: (Where exactly does it hurt?) - the upper portion of the vastus lateralis (I think)

Mechanism of injury: Did the pain occur during ONE particular event? Or can you think of nothing that brought it on? It first noticed it during squats. It wasn't that bad at first but has become worse over time. Now I can't squat at all, and it even hurts some during leg press, lunges, and leg extensions, but they're bearable. Squats though, both back and front, are a no go. I can do them like once every 2wks once the pain goes away from the last time I squatted but that's it. I mainly notice the pain in the bottom portion of the rep (in the hole). I do high bar Olympic type squats if that helps any.

Aggravating factors: What makes the pain worse? any quad intensive exercise

Easing factors: What relieves the pain? Rest

Thanks for any insight!

Edit; forgot to mention, I also have a lot of lower back pain, that's not really my "back" at all. It's like my upper glutes or something, right at the waist line. I mentioned this because I thought it might somehow be related to the quad thing. I also forgot to mention that I stretch, foam roll, and use a lacrosse ball or baseball on my muscles basically every day, sometimes twice a day.
    Hey Bubba,

The lower back/glut pain is certainly important.

Can you do the lumbar movements here -> spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg - which one of these brings on pain? does it bring on the glut or quad pain?
    Is the pain in your quad - 'burning' or shooting?
    Do you have any pins and needles or numbness?
    Did the back pain start first - THEN move to the quad?
    Do you get any quad pain after sitting/standing for a long time?

Originally Posted by Ronnie23G View Post
    Body Chart: Left hand side of my back, the point where the teres major meets the trap
    Mechanism of injury: Nothing in particular has brought it on.
    Aggravating factors: Standing for long periods of time eg at work
    Easing factors: Foam roll or laying down

Saw a neuromuscular therapist and he believed it was from a tight gluteus medius
    Hey Ronnie,

Where exactly is the pain in your back? In the lower back or neck? Not sure how pain around the traps could be caused by a tight glut med thats all!

Once we clarify that, we'll get going =)

Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Right hand. Sharp pain between wrist and my the thumb. Hurts when i apply pressure on it or close my fist. Been training for 8 months now. Pain goes if i wear a thermaskin for a day or two.

The whole part which has been marked as the white line hurts. The bone or the tissue not the muscle

Hurts after i train arms
    Last edited by Lorenz1o; 02-03-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    Our strength lies in our intensive attacks and our barbarity...After all, who today remembers the genocide of the Armenians?

Make peace, don't hate itsMoeyy's Avatar
    itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsMoeyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Body Chart: (Where exactly does it hurt?) - Lower back just on the right of the spinal cord, right above the buttocks.
    Mechanism of injury: Yeah I was squatting
    Aggravating factors: What makes the pain worse? Bending my torso over etc. Something like a good morning.
    Easing factors: What relieves the pain? If i kind of press the bone + muscle really hard and massage it like that, it will provide temporary relief. Although if I immediately bend my back, it will still cause a really sharp pain.

Also i've had a similar sort of pain there brought on my squatting about more than a year ago. I got an MRI done and apparently I had a disc bulge in the L2/L3 area or something like that.

Originally Posted by mike201011 View Post
    I have 2 injuries ATM bro

Body Chart:Right side, Hip flexer ( I think )
    Mechanism of injury: When running, just got pain out of no where
    Aggravating factors: Squating down, running
    Easing factors: straightening the leg
    Hey mike,

Will focus on the hip pain first.

Just a couple things to clarify:

Click on this image (of the right groin!) - (DOT) zerotoboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/grointriangle(DOT)jpg- and tell me EXACTLY whether your groin pain is inside or medial to the triangle, outside or lateral to the triangle or above the triangle. Even the slightest changes to area of your pain can mean different things!

Do you have any lumbar pain as well? - Does doing lumbar active movements bring on the groin pain? spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg

Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Lorenz1o is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hey mike,

Click on this image (of the right groin!) - (DOT) zerotoboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/grointriangle(DOT)jpg- and tell me EXACTLY whether your groin pain is inside or medial to the triangle, outside or lateral to the triangle or above the triangle. Even the slightest changes to area of your pain can mean different things!

Do you have any lumbar pain as well? - Does doing lumbar active movements bring on the groin pain? spinesurgeon.com.au/Neurological_Conditions/images/movements(DOT)jpg
    Please respond brah
    Our strength lies in our intensive attacks and our barbarity...After all, who today remembers the genocide of the Armenians?

RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RS07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Body Chart: Middle lower back, about level with middle of waist
    Mechanism of injury: It's been a few weeks, but I think it was caused by heavy Barbell rows. Went to failure and last few reps had horrific form.
    What aggravates the pain? Carrying bag, arching back, standing up after sitting/lying for long periods
    What relieves the pain? Nothing particularly, seems to come and go.
    *Bigorexia Crew*

*I need Feminism because I need something to laugh at crew*

Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000) Shane-0-Mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Body Chart: Upper Hamstring partially towards the groin
    Mechanism of injury: Excessive (hours) use of right rudder pedal in an aeroplane. Pretty much same position as a car accelerator (slightly more extended leg). MUCH heavier though.
    Aggravating factors: Taking off to run (suddenly and then if running for a while). Can even feel the 'tightness' when sitting watching tv.
    Easing factors: Some days better than others, nothing i can really pin point though. Its fine while lifting and even doing direct hammy work

Thanks
    Perhaps the heaviest things we lift and carry are not our weights, but our feels.

Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000) Grevl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Body Chart: (Where exactly does it hurt?) - Lower back, no leg pain or pins/needles, although the top of my foot hurts a little sometimes.
    Mechanism of injury: I was squatting and deadlifting, tight hamstrings and bad posture (anterior p-tilt) caused major buttwink, way before even parralell on the squat. This i think was what caused it, although it was never serious, just a little stiff.
    skip forward, 2 weeks off gym, removing wheel nuts off a car which where so tight i was spinning the back wheel.
    Back then went extremely stiff and painful, couldnt put socks/boxers on for a week.
    Stretching helps relieve it but only if its just stiff and not too painful.

Aggravating factors: What makes the pain worse? Barbell rows. I washed my car and felt my spine click, went stiff and painfull had to lay down for ages.
    Sat up quickly in the bath, back went, got stuck, laying in the bath for 20 mins in pain and couldnt move

Easing factors: I have luckily not felt the above for about, 4 weeks now. i had about 3 months off gym (going maybe 4 times in those 3 months, doing barbell rows and leaving in pain everytime)

I have now been going gym 3x a week for 2 weeks, doing only pull ups and T-bar rows (supported back) for back exercises. Also training abs alot more, Leg raise, planks, stomach vacuums, trying to fix my anterior pelvic tilt. Also not training chest or shoulders currently to fix my rolled forward shoulders.

I feel like its working alot, my tilt is better already, however im currently getting a strange feel in my lower back. like a nerve occasionally pinching on something

Stretches that help are lower back stretches and hamstring stretches. i think my lower back muscle is tight and over acting causing both my pain and pelvic tilt.

Prophylaxis
    pls respond
    Edit: sorry for essay
    Hairy chinese kid

mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey mike,

It appears to be the anterior superior liac spina (sp?)

And i have a smal bit of pain in the rotation exercise, others seem fine to do

appreciate the help brah