Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitguy23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Long Bump.

I emailed Anthony Edwards a 1 day workout plan. Its been 7 days i got no reply from him.
    315*2 bench press

475 Deadlift

105s*9 dumbbell shoulder press

120s*12 incline dumbbell press

225*15 Close grip

Missygalang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm about to take the NHE MTC exam and need to review. I have my old ACE and ISSA books are these sufficient for review or do i need to get their study guide ($300! I really would rather not).

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Missygalang View Post
    I'm about to take the NHE MTC exam and need to review. I have my old ACE and ISSA books are these sufficient for review or do i need to get their study guide ($300! I really would rather not).
    I've seen pretty good feedback online regarding the NHE study materials. Their MTC exam is one of the hardest but it really depends on your background and expertise. Just request an exam topics list and cross reference that with the books you have.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Registered User LieutenantJoker's Avatar
    LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welp.

Here are my thoughts on the matter. I was contact by Anthony Edwards in early / mid December. I went through the process: submitted the workout and all. I had seen that other people didn't pass this point so I figured there was some quality control measure in effect.

I went ahead and bought the study guide because it's been a few years since I was dedicated to studying. I see now that some people are implying that buying the study guide is enough to disqualify because 'if you knew your stuff you wouldn't need the study guide'.

I was immediately confused, worried and disappointed with the study guide which had a huge variety of topics with little organization or composition and a varying level of detail on different topics (from: 'Adrenal glands. They're near the kidneys!' to a three page dissertation on amino acids). I went through the process and submitted all over the fee exemption forms and whatnot. I got the study guide because they articulated that the threshold for the study guide reimbursement plan was lower than what I needed to pass, so why not. If I get the job then I qualify for the reimbursement. $190 is not a bad fee for a job I could really use (A veteran looking to move from one state to another for grad school, therefore having a job where I could work from home and build a stable income would be pretty damn near perfect!).

Took the test and personally didn't feel it was nearly as hard as the ACE exam. I feel like their question formats are somewhat obtuse, but I felt as though I knocked out the fill in the blank and the multiple choice. Again, it just depends on whether or not they liked the way I answered the short answer questions. Like everyone else, I got my 'unauthorized' notification within 24 hours. I rescheduled, studied the parts that I felt weak on and took it again on the 11th. I'm waiting to hear back now.

Here's my thing. I want to believe this is real and legit. I do. Unfortunately there are tons of these posts everywhere on the internet that suggest, at best, NHE suffers from a high 'tooth-to-tail' ratio (i.e. their trainers are off doing stuff and their admin section flounders). But there are just some disconcerting things like how after I schedule the first test suddenly I can't get a hold of my 'hiring manager'. I request confirmation of receipt for my paperwork and get nothing in return. I've never talked to an actual person.

So let's get down to it:

Who has passed their exam? I hear lots of people defending it's academic quality. Who has actually passed it?

Who has ever gotten a job with the company?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry you couldn't pass the exam. Have yet to hear the ACE exam is harder. That's a first. Found these online:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nat...ws-E505885.htm

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/NHE-P...ialist-4826225

Good luck brother.

LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know. Maybe it's testament of what working in the field actually did for me. I thought the ACE exam was exhausting, but I also taught myself via their at home study guides. I am a great in-class, auditory learner, but this was difficult for me.

We'll see how I did with the second test.

I hear ya.

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read some post somewhere where this guy posted a similar message to yours. He was boasting about how easy the exam was and how he should have past the exam without doubt because he copied directly from the book he bought. He called the company ‘unethical’. There are so many poor (I mean this in both senses of the word) personal trainers out there that I bet there are tons of people who do stupid stuff like this. I read that if you get busted cheating on the test, you will get a letter of illegitimacy. It will actually specify the sections you got busted on and everything. If you didn’t get one of those, your exam could have been unauthorized for another reason.

It isn’t that you bought a study book because it’s clear they don’t care about that. Not everyone buys the book because they need it to study anyways. People buy guides, books and study materials for plenty of different reasons. I try to buy at least one NASM or ACSM study book once a year even though I have no intentions of getting re-certified. It’s a good way to stay current.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

Originally Posted by Briiiiliantmate View Post
    I read some post somewhere where this guy posted a similar message to yours. He was boasting about how easy the exam was and how he should have past the exam without doubt because he copied directly from the book he bought. He called the company ‘unethical’. There are so many poor (I mean this in both senses of the word) personal trainers out there that I bet there are tons of people who do stupid stuff like this. I read that if you get busted cheating on the test, you will get a letter of illegitimacy. It will actually specify the sections you got busted on and everything. If you didn’t get one of those, your exam could have been unauthorized for another reason.

It isn’t that you bought a study book because it’s clear they don’t care about that. Not everyone buys the book because they need it to study anyways. People buy guides, books and study materials for plenty of different reasons. I try to buy at least one NASM or ACSM study book once a year even though I have no intentions of getting re-certified. It’s a good way to stay current.
    Good point. They have pretty strict protocols for the online exam and if you screw up any of them, they shut down exam processing and give you an unauthorized status.

Well what I find interesting is the supposed intellectual rigor that the study guide allegedly has. I understand buying new texts and keeping them as resources, but if this study guide was meant to be used as a persistent resource, it should have access to all of the topics in the exam, but that's just me. Like I've said several times, I don't see how anyone can view the NHE study guide as any sort of professional reference with its widely varying quality of content.

Similarly, I've been doing some sniffing around. Does anyone else find it weird that there's a Jay White who was ran a number of other failed fitness consultation / certification companies in the exact same area using a number of really similar topics / question formats / sales pitches?

I've been looking at a lot of the linkedin conversations and they're kind of weird. All of the answers are similar format. I mean, everyone who has come to bodybuilding.com with their story has a radically different way of talking, but all of these responses are all formulaic like they were written by the same person. It's weird. Sometimes someone will ask a question and that same person will answer the question within the thread. Similarly some people will answer a question that displays a really deep knowledge of NHE and their hiring processes, and then months later will ask some simple question like, "I want to take the NHE exam, do I need a study guide?"

It's so weird.
    Last edited by LieutenantJoker; 01-16-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Brother, you sound obsessed. I hope you pass the exam but if not... move on. It should not consume your daily life.

Googling a company that very few people have heard of is being obsessive?

I mean, one of the problems that people seem to recognize in the PT field is that there are a lot of fly by night companies. We regularly talk about how trainers don't have reputable certifications. A number of people have seen inconsistencies and seem to get shouted down by a legion of supporters.

If these guys are so great how come they can only get positive press on websites and groups they curate? You'd think that someone of repute would have positively evaluated these folks if their program is so great. These guys have been in business for six years and not a lot's been said about them?

There are always going to be small programs and small companies, but companies with innovative training or testing strategies get noticed and interviewed by people. Look at GymJones who for years adamantly refused to sell their training anywhere other than by invitation to their personal gym, but widely shared some of their philosophy articles. They were hailed, lauded, doubted for their work with the guys in '300' and one of the 'Superman' movies. The proof was in the pudding. We saw the athletes. We saw them on the screen. We saw them in training.

Also, I'm kind of curious about all of the ACE hate that I see in the NHE forums. I get why folks at BB may not like ACE so much, because it's focused on special pops, weight / disease control than sports conditioning, but I find it really interesting that ACE specifically gets sh*t on so much in the links provided on LinkedIn and in these discussions. As far as I've ever seen, it's widely regarded as one of the better personal trainer certs. Did the ACE exam kill Jay White's father or something? lol

Edit: lol at "too many opinions on topic". That is perfect and totally telling.
    Last edited by LieutenantJoker; 01-16-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: To address needless neg

negged for repeated badgering.

Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    negged for repeated badgering.
    It seems never ending, yes?

Not necessarily trusting an anonymous post makes sense, particularly when that same person posts several comments in a short span. He/she obviously has an agenda and that person will keep posting until it turns into a full blown conversation distracting from his/her obvious bias and putting all the attention on whatever point he/she wants everyone to adopt. It’s easy to spot because the agenda is always formatted in a question so as to come across as just a guy/gal with innocent concerns about a particular subject they searched online. However, not trusting posts on LinkedIn is beyond paranoia. It’s indisputably the most trusted employment site in the world. It’s publically traded for goodness sake. Which says the biggest banks in the U.S. have each vetted LinkedIn and decided to back them. I have never heard of anyone complain about the legitimacy of LinkedIn. Ninety-nine percent of the profiles on LinkedIn are real people with real resumes, they are not anonymous people. The few fakes on there are easy to spot because they have no connections, no picture and no prolife. They’re spammers. You can fake a picture, but no one is going to post a descriptive profile just to post a comment on LinkedIn and certainly no one is going to connect to a fake person when they receive that annoying email from LinkedIn asking to connect or worse recommend skill sets for that person as if they had personal knowledge of their expertise. The profiles below have hundreds of connections, each different from the next, and skill set validations:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/NHE-P...e_more-0-b-ttl

So, let’s stop the crazy talk. I’m sorry but the company is the real deal, the people who post comments are real and the exams are very hard to pass. The fact that you are behaving so erratically even though you have yet to receive your retake exam results back says to me that you really want to work for them. If you didn’t you would not spend your time Googling them, posting long messages over and over again, researching, theorizing and so on. You would simply ask that your name be withdrawn from consideration and be done with it. Heck, you might not even do that, you would simply not respond when they contacted you. They seem to be driving you crazy and it isn’t because you spent a measly two-hundred bucks. I pray you pass because if you do not, I’m afraid we will be bombarded with more of the same.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

I mean, we could work around and around in circles. Calling anyone who disagrees with you paranoid is kind of telling, right? I mean, an organization that has created no groundswell whatsoever, despite their so-called revolutionary tactics, and was created by an experienced grifter, but you know, I'm probably paranoid.

You're right. You can make some assumptions about false profiles when you see them. I mean, all of the folks over at Ideafit who are extolling the virtues of NHE (many of which are the same names used in these LinkedIn profiles) have absolutely no verification, they have no vetting, just a handful of fitness related keywords. Same goes for LinkedIn. Now I don't use it much and I don't have a lot of people verifying my skills, but the points I do have aren't all the same faces from the NHE group that sounds like the turrets from Portal talking to one another.

Frankly, I'll be honest: I am of the opinion that NHE is a scam. They were abundantly clear that I was never promised a job, I certainly can't argue with that, but it's a scam if they're offering a job that doesn't exist, and until I get some proof that the job exists, there is far too much evidence that the jobs DON'T exist (or don't exist in the quantity listed) to believe it. In the meantime, it's a great way for Jay White to pull down a little additional income on the side: automatic mailer goes out, he sends a couple emails to the people who bite, he has an exam while proctors itself, and spends the rest of the time managing a few dozen sock puppet accounts all over the internet shouting down anyone who attempts to hurt his supplementary income.

Legally, he's created what appears to be a bulletproof system where any detractors are already failures who have sour grapes. You're right Jay. You got me. I'm out 200 bucks, but I can do my best to make sure that other people don't buy this product.

So let's get right down to something that you can't argue with: this website is for sharing experiences and reviewing products, so let me give a short review on the product, the NHE MTC Exam Study Guide:

It's absolute garbage. The images are plagiarized, and the material radically varies in quality. As a professional resource it will not help you as the formatting is non-existent, and is, since it's designed to be a study guide, incomplete. As far as I can tell, after the successful (heh) completion of the exams, you are not authorized the rest of the exam topics, leaving its use as a persistent professional resource lacking.

Given that it is not a physical book, you can not use it to get a pump, or bludgeon a man to death, Jason Bourne style.

Final result: Negative a million out of ten.
    Last edited by LieutenantJoker; 01-17-2015 at 08:06 AM. Reason: grammar / spelling

Who are you talking to?

I can't continue with this type of crazy talk. You should join a conspiracy website, they'd love this stuff.

For me, I'm tired of addressing it so I'm done.

"Frankly, I'll be honest: I am of the opinion that NHE is a scam. They were abundantly clear that I was never promised a job, I certainly can't argue with that, but it's a scam if they're offering a job that doesn't exist, and until I get some proof that the job exists, there is far too much evidence that the jobs DON'T exist (or don't exist in the quantity listed) to believe it."

Companies don't offer jobs that don't exist. This doesn't make sense. What's the point in that? It would be a colossal waste of time. They don't make you 'buy in' or invest in anything. You seem to be having a hard time figuring out how they busted you cheating on the exam. You somehow already know you will be busted on the retake even though you don't have the results yet. This must be because you know they are going to match your answers to the study guide and fail you again?

Whatever you beef is brother, I feel ya. I just hope things work out for you and you can move on.

Great. If you guy(s) are done defending NHE, that's fine. You all have both put in a spirited effort over the years of bodybuilding.com topics. What I find interesting is that you guys can't just let it go. You can't let *any* negative criticism go unaddressed. I'll put it this way, when people have a grievance with a company, or a product, they say why. In this case, it's specifically because the study guide is a garbage product for any use, in any context.

Now let's compare it with other types of criticism. "I think [Pre-Workout Powder] doesn't taste very good", a proper response might be, "Well, regardless of taste, it's a very good product that has X,Y and Z" in it.

However this conversation is as follows:
    "I don't think [Pre-Workout Powder] is very good. It tastes like crap. It's chaulky. It has a spicy aftertaste somehow and I don't even feel that pumped up on it."
    "You're paranoid. Everyone else in these very specific places we link to says it's awesome. Instead of having an opinion on your experience, you should just be quiet and admit you're not ready for such an advanced Pre-Workout"

Conversely, I haven't once felt the need to defend the repeated attacks on ACE even though, at the very worst, they're one of the most transparent organizations you can hope to associate with. Nobody likes everything. Everybody has fan-boys and serial detractors, but when ACE makes it into every list of worthwhile certs, and NHE never makes it into anyone's, it makes you wonder...

So, ya know, you could let me and some of the other folks who have had negative experiences lay out their experiences, or you could do what you've been doing and continue 'negging' me and baiting others into flaming for patiently laying out our experiences... unless of course you have some reason why you might want to silence all dissent on the topic...

But you're right. I am probably a cheating, paranoid, obsessed conspiracy nut. : P

G8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8
    Last edited by LieutenantJoker; 01-17-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Grammar / spelling

o.k.?

Take it easy brother and don't do something you will regret later. I don't want to hear about you on CNN. I can no longer tell if this is venting or a manifesto of sorts.

o.k.?

Take it easy brother and don't do something you will regret later. I don't want to hear about you on CNN. I can no longer tell if this is venting or a manifesto of sorts.
    Is it possible to disagree with someone without questioning their sanity? Probably not, right?

Of course it is. The problem is no one here has taken sides. I don't think anyone cares like you do. You seem to care way too much. It doesn't seem right. Something seems off. You seem to be getting angrier and angrier.

oh-oh. I have a feeling another long reply is coming...

Of course it is. The problem is no one here has taken sides. I don't think anyone cares like you do. You seem to care way too much. It doesn't seem right. Something seems off. You seem to be getting angrier and angrier.
    Not particularly. There's no indication that I'm getting any angrier. In fact, my comments have been super level. I guess there was some discussion that got out of hand earlier that caused someone else to delete their post.

I just think this is not a legitimate job / process, and I think I've been pretty clear and upfront with why I think the way I do.

I standby everything I've said and my experiences, and I think you have clearly proved that you're at least pro-NHE with all of the support you've given them over the years in these forums. If you want to have that opinion, that's absolutely fine. There's just no logical reason I can see to attack someone's supposed sanity because they disagree with you.

But I mean, you keep coming back to the table with little negative remarks, so you're obviously just trying to get me riled up (not gonna happen, brother). In the meantime I will continue to point to the fact that a Jay White within the same grid square has been starting up a series of businesses with the exact same pitch, the exact same test, and the exact same complaints.

The local BBB gave NHE an 'F', but as has been pointed out, they were themselves busted in a pay to play scheme. But even the Business Consumer Alliance gives them a C for many of the very same reasons listed in the BBB file.

Just sayin'

Yeah, old news brother. The BCA is the old BBB. They got kicked out and opened a new business. If you are trying to continue with your scam thesis, you certainly could not have picked a worse example.

There is no longer a BBB in LA. Here's why:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better...X-GUARDIN-1343

So you consider RipoffReport a credible source? Great. Let's look at some of Mr. Jay White's previous businesses. I can't post links, but I'll try to make them as easy for you to reach as possible:

Ripoff Report has a number of entries, most of which include the word Dynamic.

There was Dynamic Seminars which sent out similar emails, whose test seemed to include a number of questions in the same obtuse format of "pick the least relevant" promising trainers jobs at $50 / hr

Dynamic Wellness which again offered a free test, but required you pay for the study guide because, otherwise trainers would just run off and start their own business with such a 'prestigious' certification (that no one's heard about).

Dynamic INC, Dynamic, SSL Fitness. All run by Jay White. All on RipoffReport. All the same complaints. I think Jay White's got it about right this time if he's been running with this one for going on seven years now. Good on him.

So let's back to the crux of it. We can all agree that the study guide is garbage, so if you're looking to take this exam, look at NHE's topic list and study using professional materials you have yourself. Everyone wins. I've outlined my opinion on a flawed study guide, and NHE still gets its potential hires for this position.

Maybe when NHE fixes its guide, it'll be worth recommending.

o.k. we're off the deep end again. I'm not going to be a part of what ever this is.

Take care...

Really? Wow!

Ripoff Report has some truth and some lies, no doubt. The difference is, real news agencies confirm the BBB scam in LA and you can research the BBB, it exists.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=18706507

The Dynamic job scam is old news. It was a huge thing in California and Arizona. They mimicked companies and shipped them crap for a fee. They never truly existed. Heck, NHE talks about it on their own website and you're trying to come here and use it against them? LOL!

Bring us something real and we-or at least I- will see your thought process but if your only explanation is that you bought a study guide no one asked you to buy and you got busted cheating with it then you can spend the next four days venting your frustration to absolutely no avail. You just come across as an angry ex employee and not a concerned colleague. Frankly, at this point I do not think anything you say or do can reverse that image.

No one here is against you dude or defending NHE. We don’t care. As far as I’m concerned, you can hate them until the day you die.

O.k…. now I’m gone.

Well, once again I don't know where you got the idea that I cheated. I guess you just assumed that I cheated, and cheated poorly (?) I guess? Because otherwise I would have passed? Unless I wasn't smart enough and needed to cheat? Because I bought a study guide? Dude. This logic is seriously hard to deal with.

But thanks again for trying to find a way of discrediting me. It is kind of interesting that Dynamic and all of its affiliates disappear as soon as NHE appears on the market. No additional complaints about a Dynamic Wellness in that area. But let's assume, that NHE is actually telling the truth, and that all of the businesses registered under Jay White's name, under the similar Dynamic titles, all having addresses tied to the same square kilometer, let's assume it's all coincidence. Let's assume, despite all evidence to the contrary, that Mr. Jay White is simply a victim of identity theft. Let's assume that he's not covering his tracks and just trying to get a little side income.

We get back to the issue that the study guide is garbage. It is not a quality product. Is no one refuting this point? Great. There is literally no reason to buy it because the information provided within is at times outdated and does not display an adequate understanding or depth of material. So anyone attempting to get jobs with this company should have other personal trainer / academic credentials and should have their old study materials.

Ya know, the funny thing about this to me is that the more I sit here arguing with two accounts managed by one person, using cropped stock images as profile pics (unless you really are the models in those photographs, which congrats!), I am presenting reasoned advice which, at best, simply discourages the purchase of a product. Call me crazy, attack my sanity, or my integrity, I stand by what I've said: that this product is bunk.

Have a great day, "guys" : D

Yeap, you did a bang up job. I'd be surprised if NHE is still around by year's end.

Thanks bud! I'm sure they'll just change their name again.

Oh. I wanted to congratulate you. You really shouldn't crop out your face in such a widely known picture! : D