Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ideas for bodybuilding meals to take to work

Hi I could do with some ideas of what high protein healthy meals I can take to work, the problem is I'm often out the house for 8-12 hours a day with no access to a microwave or fridge, so it needs to be stuff that can be kept in my bag all day and eaten cold.

I was eating a lot of tuna sandwiches but have since found out that's not ideal due to the mercury warnings so will drop that to just 2 days a week. Any suggestions would be welcome.. thanks

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could just eat more before and/or after work.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What makes something a bodybuilding meal? And more importantly, not a bodybuilding meal?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anything that you enjoy, that fits in with your calories/macros/fibre/micros

For recipes see here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=26231

Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10) Living4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You could just eat more before and/or after work.
    I struggle to eat much at 4/5am before work and I like to space meals out as I have a big appetite, I'm not a fan of IF either.

Talking

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    What makes something a bodybuilding meal? And more importantly, not a bodybuilding meal?
    There is no such thing, just using the bro term I suppose

cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cviji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pasta/Rice salad with Chicken/Tuna/Beef?

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take a sandwich or two with you.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Since you cannot refrigerate or reheat, I would bring snack type items like beef jerky, protein bars, nuts, fruit maybe. Then get most of your macros in after work.

Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sagaro87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love these threads. I always picture the OP with a stuffy nose voice like, "Um, hi guys. It's me again. I'm 5'8" (everyone just stopped reading) 113 lbs. I don't know where my mom keeps my lunch box and she died a few weeks ago. I've never packed my own lunch before. Do you guys have any ideas what I should bring to work with me or what I should put it in? Thanks for all your help."

manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) manodhour has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have issues with this also on days I have to work after my classes. I am out out of the house from 830 am-930 pm. What I do on these days is have a big breakfast, usually involving oatmeal just because that is what keeps me full the longest. Then I pack some snacks to bring with me. I've been bringing protein powder for a shake, almonds, a turkey/cheese/mayo sandwich, and a Quest Bar. I don't usually like to have shakes, but it is very convenient to bring with you when you're on the go.

Hope I helped.

Team MuscleTech Athlete ThaWeezord's Avatar
    ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually always have my mesotech bars on me but I often take deli meat and wrap cheese with it. can of tuna with some zesty italian dressing mixed in, pepperettes, nuts, and greek yogurt
    ******official misc photography crew ******
    ***Extreme Dips Crew***
    ****Team MuscleTech****

Instagram @the_robbins #ruaware

If you build it....

MY original huge FAT-FIT transformation thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113690821

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    corn, dude, the magic ingredient is corn.

Pjluvssj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pjluvssj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pjluvssj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could take a variety of sandwiches. But you could also take some cold pasta dishes as well. Fruit? There are a lot of options

PhilDrach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since no one seems to be actually helping you, I'll try to give you some ideas.

Corn Bread. You can probably find some already made at your local supermarket. The one I get, I cut it into ninths because 1/9 is 200 calories and it is high in carbohydrates. I usually eat two. I don't know if that would be convenient for you since you said something that can be kept in a bag all day and eaten cold.

Almonds. Bring a bag of almonds with you to work. 1 cup is 600 calories. Eat them through out the day. Buy some Paleo MRE packs. Look them up and you'll see.

Peanut butter. This is probably common sense but during my next semester of school I'll bring in a jar of peanut butter, bring a spoon, and eat peanut butter right out of the jar.

Get some greek yogurt.

Granola.

Make a tuna salad. Make a chicken salad. Make an egg salad. Hard boiled eggs. (They will smell.) Put it in some tupperware and eat it right out of there.

egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why not pre make meals and bring them in a big cooler bag? you can eat beef\chicken\pork hell even fish cold. just pre cook the meals. most the time when im at work i microwave my pre packed food then a customer ends up coming in. by the time i actually eat it, the stuff is room temp anyway haha. veggies are good cold as well. i dont see the problem here, sure cold food isnt the most enjoyable but if thats the difference between properly fueling your body or not...well why not?

Originally Posted by Sagaro87 View Post
    I love these threads. I always picture the OP with a stuffy nose voice like, "Um, hi guys. It's me again. I'm 5'8" (everyone just stopped reading) 113 lbs. I don't know where my mom keeps my lunch box and she died a few weeks ago. I've never packed my own lunch before. Do you guys have any ideas what I should bring to work with me or what I should put it in? Thanks for all your help."
    OOOOK thanks for the input.

By the way I always picture posters like you with a stuffy nose like "ummm which threads can I troll today and try to twist the words around of what someone is saying becuase I have no life and no intentions of being on this forum to help anyone"

This will solve your problem. Seriously.

Enjoy.

iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Living4Health View Post
    Hi I could do with some ideas of what high protein healthy meals I can take to work, the problem is I'm often out the house for 8-12 hours a day with no access to a microwave or fridge, so it needs to be stuff that can be kept in my bag all day and eaten cold.

I was eating a lot of tuna sandwiches but have since found out that's not ideal due to the mercury warnings so will drop that to just 2 days a week. Any suggestions would be welcome.. thanks
    I would make a mean ass shake for when u leave out...just drink it before it gets warm..2 lunch meat sandwiches with cheese and a couple packs of nuts...Wawa has planters for 99 cents...400 cals 16g protein. 2 bottles of water....that should hold u until u get home.
    Last edited by iamtybaby; 01-24-2014 at 11:27 AM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Living4Health View Post

Buy a Coleman cooler and a couple of these things:

Pack the cooler with 3-4-5 (however many meals you require to meet your calorie/macro requirements) chicken breast and/or steak sammiches on whole wheat buns with lettuce/tomato/mayo. Include a Tupperware bowl or a baggie full of cut-up raw veg, 2-3 pieces of fruit, and an emergency protein bar for unexpected overtime.

Did ^^^^ this for 15 years, along with a meal before leaving the house in the AM, and at least two more meals after returning home in the PM. Took me from a 130-pound skeleton to 200 pounds/10% bf (along with heavy weight training).
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThaWeezord View Post
    I usually always have my mesotech bars on me but I often take deli meat and wrap cheese with it. can of tuna with some zesty italian dressing mixed in, pepperettes, nuts, and greek yogurt
    How convenient that you're a rep for them
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    meh, i don't have too much of a problem with him product dropping. he offers plenty of other whole food choices and tbh it doesn't sound worse than 'protein bar' or 'whey protein' to me.

/yes i am a supplement rep white knight