Skypikey1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there anybody out there who used to have a similar body composition to this?

This is my body now, I would be interested to know if you had a body like this before and how long it took you to remove the fat from it! Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeltoidDanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i looked kinda like that around 12/13. got to bout this condition in 1st year, just kept adding more muscle since.

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could be ripped in ~6 weeks, if you put work in. However, you don't have a good base of muscle yet, so if you lost alot of excess fat, you'd just look scrawny. Start pushing some heavy weight. Get on a proven program, like a 5x5 program or something.

I don't know what yours goals are, but you need to be prepared to put in real work for a big transformation.

robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    You could be ripped in ~6 weeks, if you put work in. However, you don't have a good base of muscle yet, so if you lost alot of excess fat, you'd just look scrawny. Start pushing some heavy weight. Get on a proven program, like a 5x5 program or something.

I don't know what yours goals are, but you need to be prepared to put in real work for a big transformation.
    Well said

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fitness as a lifestyle is a lifelong commitment. You'll lose the fat, when you do. There is no concrete answer. If you're looking for quick fixes you may as well not bother because you'll regress back to your old self when you feel you're "done."
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    Fitness as a lifestyle is a lifelong commitment. You'll lose the fat, when you do. There is no concrete answer. If you're looking for quick fixes you may as well not bother because you'll regress back to your old self when you feel you're "done."
    I'm not looking for quick fix. I am putting the work in to get rid of this fat, I have been tried to do it for years but I have found a new motivation. As extra motivation it would be nice to find out what people in similar circumstances have done.

Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post

I will look into what a 5x5 program is. My goals are just to get a nice toned body and lose the stomach! I'm not interested in becoming massive but I'd like a bit of muscle. Thanks anyway!

I have looked at a 5x5 workout and that looks ideal. I would like to do some cardio though as I enjoy it. Mainly running. Also I will be working in the gym alone so some exercises aren't suitable for me as I don't have a spotter. Can any one point me in the right direction for a program that would work around this!?

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I look like you, ive put on 15 lbs doing a 5x5 in 3 months and I havent seen much difference in my overall appearence, probably since I am kinda tall. I dont use a spotter, and you really dont need one once you get used to it; you get pretty good at knowing when you will fail a rep.

Originally Posted by BenD4Me View Post
    I look like you, ive put on 15 lbs doing a 5x5 in 3 months and I havent seen much difference in my overall appearence, probably since I am kinda tall. I dont use a spotter, and you really dont need one once you get used to it; you get pretty good at knowing when you will fail a rep.
    But isn't it better to fail a rep and keep trying?

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Different 5x5 programs could have different exercises, but when I was on 5x5 all I really needed a spotter for was bench press and overhead press. You can do both of those with dumbbells though. It's definitely better to have a spotter for squats, but once you learn proper form and get comfortable doing the movement, you can judge pretty well when you should quit. It's better to leave one rep in the tank rather than completely skip an exercise. That said, learn how to properly fail a squat. Haha. You never know.

tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It looks like you are carrying 25 pounds of excess fat. You can calculate how long it will take to get there.

A pound is 3500 calories. So 25*3500 = 87500 calories that you need to lose.

If you did this through dieting, by restricting 500 calories a day, it would take 25 weeks.

If you start lifting, and cardio, and expend an extra 1000 calories a day, it will only take 8 weeks.

As others have said, you will look skinny, but probably much better than you do now.

Most people think you can put on about .5lbs of muscle a week, so to convert all that fat to muscle would take a year of heavy lifting and only consuming the calories you need to grow.

Originally Posted by tonewood View Post
    It looks like you are carrying 25 pounds of excess fat. You can calculate how long it will take to get there.

A pound is 3500 calories. So 25*3500 = 87500 calories that you need to lose.

If you did this through dieting, by restricting 500 calories a day, it would take 25 weeks.

If you start lifting, and cardio, and expend an extra 1000 calories a day, it will only take 8 weeks.

As others have said, you will look skinny, but probably much better than you do now.

Most people think you can put on about .5lbs of muscle a week, so to convert all that fat to muscle would take a year of heavy lifting and only consuming the calories you need to grow.
    Hi Tonewood thats a great answer. Not too long. I think I would prefer to look skinny as I said before i'm not interested in becoming massive. I haven't been tracking my calories but I have been eatin clean. I will probably start to track my food intake soon.

Washed up skateboarder.. CalebRM's Avatar
    CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat a clean diet and train intense as fuk sonnn. Lift heavy, you've got some fat to burn
    6'2

Quit working legs 11/1/2014

Originally Posted by CalebRM View Post
    Eat a clean diet and train intense as fuk sonnn. Lift heavy, you've got some fat to burn
    Watch this space!

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tonewood View Post
    so to convert all that fat to muscle .
    You don't convert anything. Fat and muscle are completely independent of each other you don't trade anything or convert anything you either gain or lose 1 or the other.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilonso is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In my opinion you can go about this two ways:

Option 1) You can do a cut 6-8 weeks and in that time if you stay dedicated and strict with your diet you will easily be able to reach your desired goal of a toned body.
    or
    Option 2) You can start a lean bulk.

As others above have already mentioned you wont really need a spotter, If your gym has a cage then you will be fine for both squats and OHP.
    Stay hungry, stay healthy, be a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go beyond limitations. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Indomitable.

chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ur mostly a endomorph and partly ectomorph judging by that pic.

Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krazula has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    quite a standard physique I would say!

Originally Posted by Krazula View Post
    quite a standard physique I would say!
    Still not happy with it!

Originally Posted by chefwaffles View Post
    ur mostly a endomorph and partly ectomorph judging by that pic.
    I'm 5'11"

Originally Posted by Wilonso View Post
    In my opinion you can go about this two ways:

Option 1) You can do a cut 6-8 weeks and in that time if you stay dedicated and strict with your diet you will easily be able to reach your desired goal of a toned body.
    or
    Option 2) You can start a lean bulk.

As others above have already mentioned you wont really need a spotter, If your gym has a cage then you will be fine for both squats and OHP.
    Very helpful. I was hoping I could mix the two up?

Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lift for a solid 1-2 years and completely disregard any attempts to diet, just have a clean diet at maintenance calorie levels and you should see a marked recomposition in that time. Doesn't matter what program you follow just lift consistently and increase the weights incrementally as your increasing muscle mass allows.
    the pump is the cure
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Originally Posted by Giant_Killer View Post
    Lift for a solid 1-2 years and completely disregard any attempts to diet, just have a clean diet at maintenance calorie levels and you should see a marked recomposition in that time. Doesn't matter what program you follow just lift consistently and increase the weights incrementally as your increasing muscle mass allows.
    Thanks. At the moment I don't consider it that i'm on a 'diet'. I am eating what I want but its all clean food and i'm not overeating. Before I was eating lots of chocolate, crisps and other such things. Now peanut butter on rye bread feels like a treat for me! So maybe this is how it will go, shame I won't be looking fitter sooner though!

egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egwinjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skypikey1 View Post
    I have looked at a 5x5 workout and that looks ideal. I would like to do some cardio though as I enjoy it. Mainly running. Also I will be working in the gym alone so some exercises aren't suitable for me as I don't have a spotter. Can any one point me in the right direction for a program that would work around this!?
    i work out alone as well, i have yet to find an exercise i cant do alone. if you are worried about weight, then do lighter weight with higher reps. it may take longer but youll still gain mass out of it. also if you want to put up some weight and feel you need a spot just ask someone around or even ask a trainer in the gym. once you start going to the gym regularly you start noticing who the locals (other regulars) are. i have helped many people and vice verse that i see lift alone. the gym isnt just a place of solitude, meet some fellow friends that have similar interests and team up and lift together if you feel more confident that way.

tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    You don't convert anything. Fat and muscle are completely independent of each other you don't trade anything or convert anything you either gain or lose 1 or the other.
    Yeah, I know. What I meant was growing muscle and using the fat as energy.

Originally Posted by egwinjr View Post
    i work out alone as well, i have yet to find an exercise i cant do alone. if you are worried about weight, then do lighter weight with higher reps. it may take longer but youll still gain mass out of it. also if you want to put up some weight and feel you need a spot just ask someone around or even ask a trainer in the gym. once you start going to the gym regularly you start noticing who the locals (other regulars) are. i have helped many people and vice verse that i see lift alone. the gym isnt just a place of solitude, meet some fellow friends that have similar interests and team up and lift together if you feel more confident that way.
    Point taken, I will keep an eye out for other loner lifters!