jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for a fun fitness gym routine to lose weight

So I've had this routine where I would do triceps/chest, biceps/back, legs, and then shoulders for about 3 months. I lost about 20 lbs, had some good gains (increased my squat and bench by 20 lbs) but I'm looking to change my routine as I'm getting a bit bored with it. I would do about 8-9 exercises total per day which would take an hour, hour and a half to do. I go to 24 Hour Fitness, so I got most machines and weights to use. The only thing I do not do and won't do is deadlifts as I don't have the best of backs and without anyone showing me each time how to do it until it gets done right, it's not something I want to pick up and then screw up my back. A lot of the programs I saw include deadlift so hoping that someone on here could recommend something else or has their own program that doesn't include deadlifts.

So I'm curious on what everyone's routine is and how it has helped them lose weight and feel good about the way they look. Also curious on amount of cardio you all do and what types. Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hmm, a "fun" routine what does that mean? Is it not fun to obtain results - progressive overload from one workout to the next?

You should overcome your fear of deadlifting. I like many people trained myself to do it. Never try a weight that results in improper form (spine out of position, bar moving away from legs etc) and you'll be fine. Take a video of yourself if in doubt. Make small but consistent increases in weight continuously over time and before long, you'll be handling big weights no problem.

Do a routine such as Fierce 5 from the sticky threads. If you prefer to stick with the lighter Romanian deadlift for now, look at All Pros SBR.

jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Hmm, a "fun" routine what does that mean? Is it not fun to obtain results - progressive overload from one workout to the next?

You should overcome your fear of deadlifting. I like many people trained myself to do it. Never try a weight that results in improper form (spine out of position, bar moving away from legs etc) and you'll be fine. Take a video of yourself if in doubt. Make small but consistent increases in weight continuously over time and before long, you'll be handling big weights no problem.

Do a routine such as Fierce 5 from the sticky threads. If you prefer to stick with the lighter Romanian deadlift for now, look at All Pros SBR.
    Yeah, not doing deadlifts. I've done it before and it just messed up my back. If I was playing a sport, in some sort of competition, or even had a spotter for every time I do it, sure. But since I am not doing that and don't have a friend out here that goes to my gym (just moved to a new city), it's not happening. Making sure I don't cause any flare ups to my back is a bit more important than doing deadlifts.

banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's fine. Deadlifts are a great exercise, but no individual exercise is required.

A couple solid routines that don't incorporate deadlifts are All Pro and Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking routine. There's plenty more I'm sure, those are just two that I've done so they popped into my head.

Whatever your choice, I'd recommend finding a structured proven routine like one of those and following it for a good while, at least 6 months or so. 3 months isn't long for a routine. Great work on the weight loss though. Good luck!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169283793