StaunchAsBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me change my routine pls

Hey guys first off my stats are 22 years old 95kg 6'1 my main goal is to gain muscle, and lose weight - I am eating healthier and losing weight but I try to maintain a high protein diet.

So I've been doing a 5 day split for a few(3-4) months now(I have lifted in the past and used a variation of my old routine when I was a lot fitter), I am not seeing the results I would like and am thinking it's because I am only hitting each muscle group 1 day per week.

Let me start off by saying I have increased in muscle size and have amped up the weight a few times during this program but I feel like I could be doing a lot better with a different routine. I don't think I need the extensive rest I give my muscles on the 5 day.

My current workout is:
    Day 1 Chest - DB press, Incline DB press, DB flyes, Decline bench press, Cable crossovers, Bentarm BB pullover 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 2 Back - Lat pull down, Deadlifts, Rear delt flyes, BB bent over row, Seated row, shrugs 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 3 Shoulders - Incline shoulder press, Arnlod press, Side lateral raise, Front DB raise, Upright BB row 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 4 REST DAY
    Day 5 Legs - Barbell squat, Leg press, Leg extension, Seated leg curl, Seated calf raise 4x12 for squats 3x12 for the rest.
    Day 6 Arms - DB curl, Close grip bench press, Tri pushdown, Preacher curls, Skull crushers, Tribar lat pulldown.
    Day 7 REST DAY

So that consists my week, I feel that I am really not getting as many gains as I could on a full body routine instead of a split but I don't know where to start. I like going to the gym as often as I can.

I'm looking for maybe a full body routine I can do 2 or 3 times per week that is interesting, I see a lot of programs that are just smashing bench and squats every other day and am wondering if that's really the way to go?

Cheers.

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by StaunchAsBrah View Post
    Hey guys first off my stats are 22 years old 95kg 6'1 my main goal is to gain muscle, and lose weight - I am eating healthier and losing weight but I try to maintain a high protein diet.

So I've been doing a 5 day split for a few(3-4) months now(I have lifted in the past and used a variation of my old routine when I was a lot fitter), I am not seeing the results I would like and am thinking it's because I am only hitting each muscle group 1 day per week.

Let me start off by saying I have increased in muscle size and have amped up the weight a few times during this program but I feel like I could be doing a lot better with a different routine. I don't think I need the extensive rest I give my muscles on the 5 day.

My current workout is:
    Day 1 Chest - DB press, Incline DB press, DB flyes, Decline bench press, Cable crossovers, Bentarm BB pullover 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 2 Back - Lat pull down, Deadlifts, Rear delt flyes, BB bent over row, Seated row, shrugs 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 3 Shoulders - Incline shoulder press, Arnlod press, Side lateral raise, Front DB raise, Upright BB row 3x12 REPS for all exercises
    Day 4 REST DAY
    Day 5 Legs - Barbell squat, Leg press, Leg extension, Seated leg curl, Seated calf raise 4x12 for squats 3x12 for the rest.
    Day 6 Arms - DB curl, Close grip bench press, Tri pushdown, Preacher curls, Skull crushers, Tribar lat pulldown.
    Day 7 REST DAY

So that consists my week, I feel that I am really not getting as many gains as I could on a full body routine instead of a split but I don't know where to start. I like going to the gym as often as I can.

I'm looking for maybe a full body routine I can do 2 or 3 times per week that is interesting, I see a lot of programs that are just smashing bench and squats every other day and am wondering if that's really the way to go?

Cheers.

There is one problem... You need to focus on one goal at a time. You cannot really do both of those. If you try you are setting yourself up for failure. Most people go through periods of cutting/bulking throughout the year. As far as diet do you track your macros and have you figured out your TDEE's?

There are a number of great programs in this section. Look through those and pick one that fits your style ect...
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're right in that your split is probably not giving you as many gains as a higher frequency fullbody would at this point in your lifting career. Fortunately, there's plenty of solid beginner fullbody 3x week routines out there. In particular, check out All Pro and Fierce 5 Beginner from the stickies in this forum. Both are excellent. 3-4 months isn't very long for a routine, whichever you choose, give it at least 6 months or so and then see where you're at. Good luck!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169283793