Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bball50center View Post
    She consulted her doctor and he advised her to not focus on calories but the amount of carbs. This only means it is easier for me to succeed with my diet because I won't be having her beg me to take her to Olive Garden and Red Lobster for date nights which kill my diet.....who can pass up those rolls, c'mon!
    If you have words of encouragement I could sure use them because although i am still motivated by my weight loss goal, I am finding myself tired and feel like I am dragging myself to the gym every day. I need something to kick start me and make working out fun like it was in the beginning.
    Such bad advice from the Dr, at least in my opinion. If it'll help you then it's a good thing, but I think we all know a calorie deficit is the thing to focus on.

As far as you being tired, are you sleeping enough? I recently went from averaging about 6.5 hours of sleep to around 8 and it's had an amazing impact on how I feel all throughout the day, working included. Are you staying hydrated? A final point I'll add, if you're dragging yourself to the gym every day, take one or two days off and recharge.
    As far as making working out fun, I like to make challenges for myself each day. I'm not a cardio fan so these challenges make cardio tolerable for me. If I'm on the treadmill I'll keep the time the same but try to go further than I did last time. Another thing I'll do is see how long I can run at different incline levels at a certain pace. Maybe you could start posting these challenges you make to yourself, or in a private log, and I bet you get motivated to do better than the last time you were there. Keep at it man!
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000) Nulllogik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work from both of you!

You're at the point now (well it is for me and im just going to assume its happening to you) that you still remember how fast you were losing weight in the beginning and you're starting to get a little discouraged since its slowing down some.

Just keep it up.

Only things I would have done different, and by no means im saying you were wrong, was that Id have started at higher calories and no cardio. The reasoning behind this is that when it starts to slow down you can reduce calories and increase cardio to speed things up.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nulllogik again."

Don't think I'm going to forget this...... I'll be back for you. -Ammex

berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today's weigh in my myself pushed me finally into the 380's by just a little bit, but still there none the less at 389.6 lbs. I had a very big cheat day on Saturday and was shocked i didnt gain any weight this week. However, I also had a bigger milestone that I am happy to report about. My wife who also struggles with her weight/body image told me that she is finally allowing me to make a plan for her. She tried to do her own thing a few weeks into my program but hasn't seen ANY results. She consulted her doctor and he advised her to not focus on calories but the amount of carbs. This only means it is easier for me to succeed with my diet because I won't be having her beg me to take her to Olive Garden and Red Lobster for date nights which kill my diet.....who can pass up those rolls, c'mon!

I have been absent in posting progress photos and "instagram quality" meal pics like Bbowsh but I will hopefully before the weekend hits.

If you have words of encouragement I could sure use them because although i am still motivated by my weight loss goal, I am finding myself tired and feel like I am dragging myself to the gym every day. I need something to kick start me and make working out fun like it was in the beginning.
    Don't let your wife control your diet verbally or passively with guilt - that's ridiculous. If she doesn't support your weight loss because she is guilty that you're seeing progress then you need to call her on her ****.

Keep focused on the positives and ignore -all- of the negatives. You've turned your life around, you're losing weight, you're eating right, you're going to the gym and being healthy. Listen to what the other poster said, if you're tired, get more sleep; you should be getting at least 8 hours a night. If you're running out of energy, try timing your meals right. Tired at the gym? Shift your meals more towards the evenings or give yourself a pick-me-up with caffeine or beta-alanine.

Finally, on slowing down - use this to your advantage. See this as reason to try harder. You don't just give up if you trip and fall down, you pick yourself up and get pissed that you let yourself slip.
    Man was built to persevere and overcome - it is through our struggles we find strength, through strength power, and power purpose. Do not falter in the midst of defeat but continue on knowing that you cannot fail.

Building 'Dem Bane Traps! bbowsh54's Avatar
    bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OfficerJimLahey View Post
    I'd disagree, I think there's a very noticeable change in the side shot you posted. Keep it up!
    Thanks, man! I certainly will.

Such bad advice from the Dr, at least in my opinion. If it'll help you then it's a good thing, but I think we all know a calorie deficit is the thing to focus on.

As far as you being tired, are you sleeping enough? I recently went from averaging about 6.5 hours of sleep to around 8 and it's had an amazing impact on how I feel all throughout the day, working included. Are you staying hydrated? A final point I'll add, if you're dragging yourself to the gym every day, take one or two days off and recharge.
    As far as making working out fun, I like to make challenges for myself each day. I'm not a cardio fan so these challenges make cardio tolerable for me. If I'm on the treadmill I'll keep the time the same but try to go further than I did last time. Another thing I'll do is see how long I can run at different incline levels at a certain pace. Maybe you could start posting these challenges you make to yourself, or in a private log, and I bet you get motivated to do better than the last time you were there. Keep at it man!
    I completely agree with you. Counting carbs is not the answer, I'm surprised a doctor would say that. InB4 she eats blocks of cheese until reaching her carb limitation...

The sleep, I feel, is something we can both do better on.

Originally Posted by Nulllogik View Post
    Great work from both of you!

You're at the point now (well it is for me and im just going to assume its happening to you) that you still remember how fast you were losing weight in the beginning and you're starting to get a little discouraged since its slowing down some.

Just keep it up.

Only things I would have done different, and by no means im saying you were wrong, was that Id have started at higher calories and no cardio. The reasoning behind this is that when it starts to slow down you can reduce calories and increase cardio to speed things up.
    That would have been a great strategy to start with, adding cardio as weight-loss slows... Thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by berdon View Post
    Don't let your wife control your diet verbally or passively with guilt - that's ridiculous. If she doesn't support your weight loss because she is guilty that you're seeing progress then you need to call her on her ****.

Keep focused on the positives and ignore -all- of the negatives. You've turned your life around, you're losing weight, you're eating right, you're going to the gym and being healthy. Listen to what the other poster said, if you're tired, get more sleep; you should be getting at least 8 hours a night. If you're running out of energy, try timing your meals right. Tired at the gym? Shift your meals more towards the evenings or give yourself a pick-me-up with caffeine or beta-alanine.

Finally, on slowing down - use this to your advantage. See this as reason to try harder. You don't just give up if you trip and fall down, you pick yourself up and get pissed that you let yourself slip.
    I like your style, mate. You speak the truth.
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good morning, all.

Today's official weigh-in: 256.2 lbs.

Thur 01/16 - 278.8
    Thur 01/23 - 270.3
    Thur 01/30 - 268.3
    Thur 02/06 - 264.7
    Thur 02/13 - 262.5
    Thur 02/20 - 260.6
    Thur 02/27 - 258.8
    Thur 03/06 - 257.5
    Thur 03/13 - 256.2

Down 22.6 lbs.

BF% has gone from 32.9 to 30.4.
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by berdon View Post

My wife is in pharmacy school and because she deals with medications and things semi health related, it makes her a professional on all things related to personal health. My low caloric intake combined with gym work out had her originally afraid. We have both let ourselves go since marriage (well...engagement really) and since we gained TOGETHER...our growing weight wasn't a concern. I have corrected the problem whereas she is frustrated that she is unable to do the same and tried to guilt me for it. (even tho she could easily loose the weight if she truly wanted to) I have remained focused on my goals and try to include her in on them as much as i can. She can feel what she wants to but ultimately her thoughts on this lifestyle dont concern me too much.

I try to focus on the positives but lately i tend to be a negative person. I have tried to increase the sleep and water intake like suggested but I still find myself tossing and turning to get to bed.

I have recently stopped using a pre-workout before going to the gym which i am now attributing to my lack of motivation. The one i previously took contained a high level of caffeine and I often took 4 scoops. I have such a slow metabolism I have to take my PWO 30-45 minutes before I even leave for the gym. So instead of being JACKED on caffeine when leaving work to head to the gym...i drag my feet as I walk out the door to drive to the gym.

I had an great week this week in terms of weight loss. I weighed in at 387.2 which was -2.4 lbs from last week. I use these to motive me now. After cheat days on Saturday were incorporated, gains slowed. I have now began to control that cheat day to a minimum and had a great result. I am motivated now to see this goal through!!

berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) berdon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My wife is in pharmacy school and because she deals with medications and things semi health related, it makes her a professional on all things related to personal health. My low caloric intake combined with gym work out had her originally afraid. We have both let ourselves go since marriage (well...engagement really) and since we gained TOGETHER...our growing weight wasn't a concern. I have corrected the problem whereas she is frustrated that she is unable to do the same and tried to guilt me for it. (even tho she could easily loose the weight if she truly wanted to) I have remained focused on my goals and try to include her in on them as much as i can. She can feel what she wants to but ultimately her thoughts on this lifestyle dont concern me too much.

I try to focus on the positives but lately i tend to be a negative person. I have tried to increase the sleep and water intake like suggested but I still find myself tossing and turning to get to bed.

I have recently stopped using a pre-workout before going to the gym which i am now attributing to my lack of motivation. The one i previously took contained a high level of caffeine and I often took 4 scoops. I have such a slow metabolism I have to take my PWO 30-45 minutes before I even leave for the gym. So instead of being JACKED on caffeine when leaving work to head to the gym...i drag my feet as I walk out the door to drive to the gym.

I had an great week this week in terms of weight loss. I weighed in at 387.2 which was -2.4 lbs from last week. I use these to motive me now. After cheat days on Saturday were incorporated, gains slowed. I have now began to control that cheat day to a minimum and had a great result. I am motivated now to see this goal through!!
    That's the right attitude to have and great results. You should try to list out your progress like bbowsh54 is doing so you see your progress and keep it fresh in your memory. It's a great feeling to be able to see a string of numbers constantly dwindling. You don't need caffeine if you don't want it, just buy straight beta alanine (the thing that gives you the face tinglies) and take that en lieu of JACK3D.
    Man was built to persevere and overcome - it is through our struggles we find strength, through strength power, and power purpose. Do not falter in the midst of defeat but continue on knowing that you cannot fail.

Good Afternoon, all... Happy Friday!

Recent Post-Workout Meals:

1) 158 grams turkey burger, 194 grams Asian veggies, 54 grams Teriyaki chicken
    2) 155 grams chicken breast, 109 grams spinach
    3) 248 grams chicken breast, 272 grams carrots/green beans/brown rice
    4) 140 grams beef strips, 172 grams carrots/pea-pods/broccoli, 95 grams brown rice
    5) 282 grams sirloin steak, 165 grams cheesy broccoli
    6) 116 grams asparagus, 240 grams chicken (big piece was Parmesan seasoning, small piece was Cajun seasoning)
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In.
    POWERLIFTING TRAINING JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554583

YOUTUBE (Training videos)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfCal3cQ0N9yrJ8akX9BhTg

yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    food porn? I'm IN!

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good progress so far buddy

and about your wife, you have to remember that she's your wife... so you want to make sure that you show her love above and beyond what she may be expecting, especially since women generally have image issues and though she may not display it, you never know if she has ever thought about it.

so with that said, for me regarding motivation, it's about how much you want a transformation and know that because not everyone on this forum is looking to be a professional bodybuilder but rather just enjoying the fit lifestyle, going to red lobster or olive garden here and there isn't going to kill you - i mean, if anything just eat something here and there and leave all your macros for the dinner haha

what are your meal times like?

are you keeping a food journal like MFP?
    100% 中國人

bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bball50center is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dailob View Post
    good progress so far buddy

and about your wife, you have to remember that she's your wife... so you want to make sure that you show her love above and beyond what she may be expecting, especially since women generally have image issues and though she may not display it, you never know if she has ever thought about it.

so with that said, for me regarding motivation, it's about how much you want a transformation and know that because not everyone on this forum is looking to be a professional bodybuilder but rather just enjoying the fit lifestyle, going to red lobster or olive garden here and there isn't going to kill you - i mean, if anything just eat something here and there and leave all your macros for the dinner haha

what are your meal times like?

are you keeping a food journal like MFP?
    I started with a food journal and kept very good logs but in the last week have fallen off from recording things completely after an epic cheat day. Today I am deciding that I am continuing on with my
    transformation but with a new start. In my mind I kept looking at where I had began and allowed myself to make slips in my routine while telling myself, "But i've lost almost 30 lbs in the last 6 weeks. I can totally go out and drink beer all night" or whatever the "cheat thing" may be.

I am starting my log books over starting today. I am clearing the slate and as of now, I won't focus on what i HAVE done the last 6 weeks but what i'm GOING TO DO in the upcoming 6 weeks.

A typical day of eating will consist of:

8:30 am = coffee with 1 serving creamer or protein powder ~30-50cal
    9:30 am = protein shake 150 cal
    12:00 am = protein shake 150 cal
    2:20 pm = snack of 90cal - 220cal (cornnuts, special k cracker chips, protein bar, etc)
    7:45 pm = large recovery meal of 700-1100 cal (typically lots of protein like grilled chicken or fish with veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts etc)

Any ways on how to improve that formula of food intake would be greatly appreciated

Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started with a food journal and kept very good logs but in the last week have fallen off from recording things completely after an epic cheat day. Today I am deciding that I am continuing on with my
    transformation but with a new start. In my mind I kept looking at where I had began and allowed myself to make slips in my routine while telling myself, "But i've lost almost 30 lbs in the last 6 weeks. I can totally go out and drink beer all night" or whatever the "cheat thing" may be.

I am starting my log books over starting today. I am clearing the slate and as of now, I won't focus on what i HAVE done the last 6 weeks but what i'm GOING TO DO in the upcoming 6 weeks.

2:20 pm = snack of 90cal - 220cal (cornnuts, special k cracker chips, protein bar, etc)
    7:45 pm = large recovery meal of 700-1100 cal (typically lots of protein like grilled chicken or fish with veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts etc)

Any ways on how to improve that formula of food intake would be greatly appreciated

Hey I remember reading about your friend bowser asking what to do to help you in the fat loss section. Nice to see you joined BB.com. All I can say is stay strong dude. It takes an iron will and time to change your body. One thing I recommend maybe switch up your meals. 150 calories of protein shake could be 100gram of chicken breast suated in water and seasonsings with lettuce and all around 200 calories. If you got the time to look into this company Walden Farms they have some stuff that can help replace sauces and syrups taht you would use which are high in calories with 0 calories subsitute. Might not taste like the real thing but it helps.

When cutting stick to whole food because its more satisfying in my opinion. You let your mouth chew and give your body time for the food to register. I really like bbowsh54's cutting food selections. He keeps it simple and in my opinion its delicious.

I got an idea maybe you can share with your wife. You can both make meals for the entire week and put it in your fridge. So buy chicken breast in bulk cook it, weigh out portions for your meal so you know its X amount so it will have X amount of calories. Then cook vegies or anything you need in your diet fat/carbs/micro-nutrients and put it in meal and freeze it to be microwaved.

You can put them in bags and freeze it or just put it in individual tubs that you can microwave later and the best part you know exactly how many calories are in each bag.
    Strive to be the better self that one could possibly be.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I like that, all you can do is worry about the present and the future, you can't change the past.
    As far as changing things up, is there any reason you're doing back to back protein shakes? You could have a quality meal you'd enjoy if you had a meal made up of the calories from the two shakes and the snack that follows.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

Good morning, everyone!

Today's Official Weigh-In: 253.7 lbs.

Quick Recap:
    Thur 01/16 - 278.8 (Starting Point)
    Thur 01/23 - 270.3 (Week 1)
    Thur 01/30 - 268.3 (Week 2)
    Thur 02/06 - 264.7 (Week 3)
    Thur 02/13 - 262.5 (Week 4)
    Thur 02/20 - 260.6 (Week 5)
    Thur 02/27 - 258.8 (Week 6)
    Thur 03/06 - 257.5 (Week 7)
    Thur 03/13 - 256.2 (Week 8)
    Thur 03/20 - 253.7 (Week 9)

Down 25.1 lbs.

This weekend, I will be in Omaha for a mini-vaca. This will be my last "Cheat Day," or more of a "Cheat Weekend," to be honest....

Starting next week, I am going to switch to one CHEAT MEAL on the weekend, which I presume will be used to take the girlfriend to Olive Garden, or something of that nature.

Originally Posted by Asguroth View Post
    Hey I remember reading about your friend bowser asking what to do to help you in the fat loss section. Nice to see you joined BB.com. All I can say is stay strong dude. It takes an iron will and time to change your body. One thing I recommend maybe switch up your meals. 150 calories of protein shake could be 100gram of chicken breast suated in water and seasonsings with lettuce and all around 200 calories. If you got the time to look into this company Walden Farms they have some stuff that can help replace sauces and syrups taht you would use which are high in calories with 0 calories subsitute. Might not taste like the real thing but it helps.

When cutting stick to whole food because its more satisfying in my opinion. You let your mouth chew and give your body time for the food to register. I really like bbowsh54's cutting food selections. He keeps it simple and in my opinion its delicious.

I got an idea maybe you can share with your wife. You can both make meals for the entire week and put it in your fridge. So buy chicken breast in bulk cook it, weigh out portions for your meal so you know its X amount so it will have X amount of calories. Then cook vegies or anything you need in your diet fat/carbs/micro-nutrients and put it in meal and freeze it to be microwaved.

You can put them in bags and freeze it or just put it in individual tubs that you can microwave later and the best part you know exactly how many calories are in each bag.
    Great to hear from you, Asguroth! I can verify that Big Dan is trying this new Protein Shake plan for the convenience. I would agree, cooking actual meals and performing a weekly "food prep" would be a lot better, but I'm proud he's starting somewhere. I am personally hoping to get over the hurdle of making Big Dan really COMMIT to the gym. I personally feel guilty about missing workouts, outside of Fridays if I'm not in town. I say this in full support, not to be mean, and unfortunately relatively brutally honest: Big Dan is quick to jump at ANY reason to NOT go to the gym. I really want him to make it a habit in his lifestyle, and hit a FOUR workouts per week goal. That still leaves three days of rest, which is more than enough in my opinion. Truly, I say this not to be mean, I just hope we can all support him to keep up the progress.

Keep checking in, I appreciate it!!

I like that, all you can do is worry about the present and the future, you can't change the past.
    As far as changing things up, is there any reason you're doing back to back protein shakes? You could have a quality meal you'd enjoy if you had a meal made up of the calories from the two shakes and the snack that follows.
    Great to hear from you again OfficerJimLahey... I'm guessing that Big Dan is going to explain that the protein shakes is a convenience thing. Easy to count calories/protein, he just keeps a big tub at his desk at work... But, obviously, I'll let him chime in with a more detailed answer.. Previously, he was not really eating anything all day leading to our gym time. He would just have a coffee in the morning and some corn nuts around 2 PM... Which is FINE, to save all his calories for the post-workout meal, but he was claiming to be VERY fatigued, every day at the gym... I recommended he try a protein shake in the afternoon BEFORE working out, and that seemed to help him. Obviously, much better methods to go about this, but baby steps and convenience...

Some exciting news... I'll be doing a Sponsored Log for ProMera Sports starting next week. There will be a lot of crossover, but I will keep this log up-to-date as well. Check out the new log here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160809191
    I'm going to take things even more seriously, and step up my documentation of workouts. (I do document them, just haven't been posting the details here, you can guess what a standard chest or leg lift is like) :P

March Madness starts today! Any college basketball fans checking in? Who you pulling for in the tourney?

Have a great weekend, all!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Yea I should probably start making precooked meals so that I don't have to cook EVERY night. That has been a source of some of the cheat meals because I will come home exhausted from the gym and not really want to cook a big healthy meal. I will try to incorporate this next week and make a **** tons of meals this weekend.

Well with the new start i'm down 1.2 lbs in the first week as I weighted in at exactly 386 lbs. This weekend I will be traveling to Minneapolis for a beer festival that with some friends. This will be the LAST time I allow myself to drink beer over the next 6 weeks and it's only because I have so much money invested in the hotel and tickets. This will not turn into a "cheat weekend" but for the 6 hour beer event, I will not be attempting to count calories. Wish me luck as I will likely be fighting urges to dominate greasy food.

I havent uploaded any photos in a while so here are some food pictures of what I have eaten. Typically these are the only solid meals I eat for the day after working out and having protein shakes for lunch. I also included a photo of me trying on my suit coat today that hasn't fit me since at least April of last year. I went to DC around that time and went to a fancy formal dinner that some Senators and Congressmen were also at and was pretty upset when my button was about 4 inches from buttoning.

Seeing some good results but I'm not worried about the good job ive done so far but the GREAT job i am going to do. I found my basketball jersey from High School today in my closet and i'm not stopping until I look better in that now than I did back then!!
    Attached Images

Forgot one...
    Attached Images

I havent uploaded any photos in a while so here are some food pictures of what I have eaten. Typically these are the only solid meals I eat for the day after working out and having protein shakes for lunch. I also included a photo of me trying on my suit coat today that hasn't fit me since at least April of last year. I went to DC around that time and went to a fancy formal dinner that some Senators and Congressmen were also at and was pretty upset when my button was about 4 inches from buttoning.

Seeing some good results but I'm not worried about the good job ive done so far but the GREAT job i am going to do. I found my basketball jersey from High School today in my closet and i'm not stopping until I look better in that now than I did back then!!
    Helping out to embed...

[Photo of me trying on my suit coat today that hasn't fit me since at least April of last year:]

[Here are some food pictures of what I have eaten. Typically these are the only solid meals I eat for the day after working out and having protein shakes for lunch:]

Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Seeing some good results but I'm not worried about the good job i've done so far but the GREAT job i am going to do. I found my basketball jersey from High School today in my closet and i'm not stopping until I look better in that now than I did back then!!
    Great updates, Big Dan!!! Keep them coming!

Thanks to everyone who has been checking in!

I will be taking updated progress photos this week. Probably on Thursday or Friday...

Here are some photos of recent grocery store runs, along with an image of my BBQ chicken in progress.

Working off the Omaha Vaca from the past weekend... Had a very solid Chest & Back Lift on Monday after work (with some stair stepper cardio to top it off). Yesterday, we did 15 minutes on the treadmill, then a Bicep Lift, followed by 12 minutes on the stair stepper.

Tonight, I'll be playing basketball for a pure cardio night. I'm hoping to get five full-court games in. (We play standard five-on-five on high school courts, to eleven by ones. No three-pointers). It's generally a fantastic workout.

Here are my most recent Post-WorkOut meals:

1) 188 Grams BBQ Chicken, 169 Grams Asparagus/Carrots/Corn/BrownRice/Spinach/Tomatoes
    2) 134 Grams Sirloin Steak, 142 Grams Brown Rice w/ Broccoli & Carrots, 101 Grams Green Beans
    3) 127 Grams Cut Chicken Breast, 169 Grams Corn/BrownRice/Carrots
    4) 190 Grams or 6.90 Ounces Sirloin Steak, 179 Grams Spanish Rice, 127 Grams Green Beans

Official Weigh-In tomorrow! Might be the least successful week thus far, but I'll keep working hard...

Good day, all!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Today's weigh-in: 252.2 lbs.

BF from 32.9% to 29.9%

Quick Recap:
    Thur 01/16 - Starting Weight
    Thur 01/23 - Down 08.5 lbs. (Week 1)
    Thur 01/30 - Down 10.5 lbs. (Week 2)
    Thur 02/06 - Down 14.1 lbs. (Week 3)
    Thur 02/13 - Down 16.3 lbs. (Week 4)
    Thur 02/20 - Down 18.2 lbs. (Week 5)
    Thur 02/27 - Down 20.0 lbs. (Week 6)
    Thur 03/06 - Down 21.3 lbs. (Week 7)
    Thur 03/13 - Down 22.6 lbs. (Week 8)
    Thur 03/20 - Down 25.1 lbs. (Week 9)
    Thur 03/27 - Down 26.6 lbs. (Week 10)

Played six games of basketball last night. Full-court, four games to 11 by ones and two games to 15 by ones. EXHAUSTED.

LEG DAY. Doing a Legs & Shoulders Lift tonight at the gym...

Cheers!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hnnnng food porn. I want!!! Damn looks delicious. Planning out your meals is the way to go. Keep it up guys! Thats alot of games bowser! You must be feeling good!

Greetings Everyone!

Chest & Back Lift [Monday, 03/31/14]

Warm-up: 7 minutes treadmill

Split Set #1
    Dumbbell Bench Press (Flat)
    4 sets - 10/10/9/12 reps
    Leverage Iso Row Machine
    4 sets - 10/10/9/8 reps

Split Set #2
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    4 sets - 9/10/8/6 reps
    Incline Barbell Bench Pull (a.k.a. Chest-Supported Row)
    4 sets - 12/10/10/10 reps

Split Set #3
    Cable Crossover
    4 sets - 10/9/7/6 reps
    Wide-Grip Cable Lat Pulldown Behind The Neck
    4 sets - 10/10/8/7 reps​

Cardio
    12 minutes stair stepper (5 minutes incline 15/resistance 25; 7 minutes incline 20/resistance 35)
    10 minutes treadmill (speed 3.5/incline 15)

Supps
    Two scoops of Con-Cret and one scoop of Peak 400 at 5:10 PM
    One scoop of Pump Extrem at 5:50 PM
    Workout began approx 6:10 PM

Also, I'm taking three Orange Triad multi-vitamins a day. I take two protein shakes of Universal Nutrition: Ultra Whey Pro (Cookies n Cream) each day. One right when I wake up, and one right after my workouts.

I definitely had plenty of energy tonight. I felt like I had an amazing lift, minus some right rotator cuff pain that hit me during the third set of incline DB bench. The products tasted great, I have lemon-lime for all three. I noticed a little bit of tingling/itching in my face during my warm-up, but I love that feeling, just means the Pump Extrem was working. At my weight, I thought for sure I would have to hit two scoops to get a good feel for the Pump Extrem, but I am very pleased with tonight's results. I plan on using one heaping scoop for the rest of this week, and then I shall decide if I need to bump it up to two next week.

Here are the new supps I will be running for the next couple months...

Hnnnng food porn. I want!!! Damn looks delicious. Planning out your meals is the way to go. Keep it up guys! Thats alot of games bowser! You must be feeling good!
    Thanks for commenting, Asguroth!! I love pickup basketballl... We have a dedicated group of about 30 to 35 guys, so we generally have three games going non-stop. You don't have to wait between games, just a quick drinking fountain trip and back at it!

Have a good night, all!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Cardio & Biceps Lift [Tuesday, 04/01/14]

Treadmill - 20 minutes (10 min speed 3.5/incline 1; 2 min speed 7.2/incline 1; 8 min speed 3.5/incline 15)

Alternate Dumbbell Hammer Curl
    4 sets - 10/9/6/5 reps

Reverse EZ-Bar Curl
    4 sets - 8/8/8/7 reps

Machine Preacher Curl
    4 sets - 11/9/6/5 reps

Stair Stepper - 12 minutes (7 min incline 15/resistance 25; 5 min incline 20/resistance 35)

---

Tuesday nights can be interesting and a little rushed for us... I'm a member of a Toastmasters club, and we meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. (Meetings are 6 PM to 7ish/7:15 PM) Due to time constraints, our gym sessions are a little different on those two Tuesdays each month. We still get some solid work in, but it messes with the routine and timing of our supp-intake.

I took my Progress Photos last night, relaxed at the gym. I will get those posted soon!

I was a little nervous for tomorrow's official weigh-in... Due to the fact that I started taking creatine on Sunday, after being off of it for eight months. I'm sure I'll be retaining some extra water this week. Also, had a pretty bad "cheat weekend" back in my hometown due to both a buddy's birthday party, and the one-year anniversary of a friend's passing. However, after getting on the scale last night before bed, I've clearly been putting in some solid work this week to make up for it. Diet has been very clean since Monday, and I'm on pace to have a successful week.

Thank you for following along with us. Have a marvelous afternoon, all!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Good afternoon, everyone!

That scary moment is upon us again.... Progress Photos time. :-O

I still have a lot of work to do... We're just getting started.

Feel free to offer any advice or tips... Just need to keep eating clean, and limiting those "cheat days."

Thanks, have a great one!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Cardio Day: Basketball [Wednesday, 04/02/14]

Basketball - Six Games
    3 games of full-court to eleven by ones (5v5)
    1 game of half-court to nine by ones and twos (4v4)
    2 games of full-court to fifteen by ones and twos (5v5)

---

Great workout last night. I'm exhausted. Towards the end of game #5, I began to cramp up in both calves. That never happens for me, so it potentially has something to do with the creatine. I'm staying very hydrated. I did some stretching and got one last game in.

Official Weigh-In Today: 249.9 lbs.

Quick Recap:
    Thur 03/27 - 252.2 (Week 10)
    Thur 04/03 - 249.9 (Week 11)
    Overall: Down 28.9 lbs. / BF% from 32.9 to 29.6

Have a phenomenal morning, everyone!
    Last edited by bbowsh54; 04-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbowsh54 View Post
    Official Weigh-In Today: 349.9 lbs.

Quick Recap:
    Thur 03/27 - 252.2 (Week 10)
    Thur 04/03 - 249.9 (Week 11)
    Overall: Down 28.9 lbs. / BF% from 32.9 to 29.6

Have a phenomenal morning, everyone!
    Think you made a mistake
    Looks like your killing it, consistently losing weight.
    I haven't looked back too far.. but are you tracking intake or just making "healthier" choices?
    Keep up the awesome work, both of you!

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    Think you made a mistake
    Looks like your killing it, consistently losing weight.
    I haven't looked back too far.. but are you tracking intake or just making "healthier" choices?
    Keep up the awesome work, both of you!
    Good catch. I edited to fix the typo...

I am counting calories... I'm also monitoring protein intake. Attempting to eat "lean and green." I am not fully tracking my macros, just calories and protein. I'm trying to stay around 1800 to 2000 during weekdays, and then I've allowed myself "cheat days" on Saturdays. They sometimes spill over into Sunday... :/

The numbers have kept me happy so far, but I'm excited for more visible results in my progress photos. I've gotten a lot of compliments lately about my face looking thinner, so that feels nice.

I'm on my way. Slow and steady!

Thank you so much for dropping by!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Nice job guys. Really mirining your food set ups and ability to cook out your meals to make them look as yummy as they sure taste I bet.

@Bowser

Damn the fat has melted off your back. Keep it up your stomach is looking smaller and better! You will get to your goal soon enough!