Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Deadlift Form Check + Help please? [Video]

I've recently made a thread asking for squat help, I always had a problem with squats, someone recommended I ask for deadlift help and to get my form checked, because I struggle to squat 95 pounds with perfect form, and yet I could pull max 255lbs on deadlift.
    That is a huge gap in a Squat-Deadlift type ratio...

I figured my deadlift form has to be bad, but I didn't think it sucked this much, I took a video of myself and saw it was pretty bad. My back started to round is what I mainly saw.

Can you guys take a look at the video and tell me how I can improve, what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to achieve PERFECT DEADLIFT FORM?

This is me doing 225lbs

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not a bad job at all man.

The only thing I'd suggest is to sit back a little more and pull back and up instead of just straight up.

My form isn't perfect so take my advice with a pinch of salt, there's always room for improvement on everyone's technique.

Keep the core tight too bro.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

zMuffinMannnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah agreed with watson looking good

Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is good!? o_O
    I thought I was doing it all wrong.

Is my back fine then?

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Symbolistic View Post
    It is good!? o_O
    I thought I was doing it all wrong.

Is my back fine then?
    Well it's okay like I said, just drop your hips a little lower and rip it off the ground

Try not to squat the weight up and you should be good to go brah.

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

Originally Posted by WatsonS90 View Post
    Well it's okay like I said, just drop your hips a little lower and rip it off the ground

Try not to squat the weight up and you should be good to go brah.
    So should my hips be parallel to my knees or a bit higher?
    Also, was I squatting the weight up in that video? I can't really tell

I was always told to start by bringing the weight up with my legs then my back.

HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Terrible form. You need to relearn it from scratch

Originally Posted by Symbolistic View Post
    So should my hips be parallel to my knees or a bit higher?
    Also, was I squatting the weight up in that video? I can't really tell

I was always told to start by bringing the weight up with my legs then my back.
    I think your main problem is you're trying to overthink things.

1. Stand above the bar and align the feet to your liking.
    2. Bend over and grab the bar with arms fully extended and shoulders slightly externally rotated.
    3. Sit back into the lift and focus on keeping your back straight and your bum out.
    4. Take a deep breath and brace the core as if your about to get punched.
    5. Don't just pull with your arms, try and push your feet through the floor and as soon as the bar gets past your knees pull your hips through and lock it out.

My advice would be to lower the weight maybe to 135lbs and really focus on getting the motor pattern right.

aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Op, your form needs some work.

The most glaring thing I see is your hips shoot up so fast that you are doing more of a stiff leg deadlift then a conventional deadlift. You stand your legs up first then you move your hips to complete the lift.

You also have your weight on the front part of your foot when it should be on your heels.

Look at these cues and try to follow them as much as possible.

• To figure out the best stance for your deadlift, pretend you’re about to perform a vertical jump. Get your feet and body into position. Now, look down and move your feet in slightly. This is your starting position. This varies from lifter to lifter, but I’ve found this to be an optimal starting point.
    • Your toes should be pointed slightly outward.
    • Don’t deadlift with your weight on the balls of your feet. This is an injury waiting to happen. Your weight should be on the middle of your foot or toward the rear.
    • Start with the bar just in front of your shins, but not touching them. Once you reach down and grab the bar, your shins will meet it.
    • Your upper back should be pulled together with your shoulders over the bar.
    • Your lower back should be arched or held static in whatever position you’re in. I don’t deadlift with a perfectly arched back, but it’s not rounded either, and it won’t round during the lift.
    • Your hands should be placed just outside your feet – wide enough to allow you to get your hips through at the top of the lift. You’ll have to experiment with this.
    • Most people deadlift with a mixed grip. One hand is supinated (like you’re doing curls), and the other is pronated (palm facing toward you). Using a double overhand grip (both hands pronated) is fine, but using straps is not. Choosing which hand to supinate is a matter of personal preference.
    • Before lifting the bar, fill your diaphragm (not your chest) with air.
    • Begin the ascent by easing pressure into the bar. Do not jerk the bar off the ground. This is how you tear a bicep or hurt your back. The best way to do this is to squeeze the bar hard with your hands and squeeze your butt.
    • I try to keep my eyes focused on a point on the ground about 15 feet in front of me.
    • Before the bar is lifted, I always think, “Butt down, chest up.”
    • The first movement of the deadlift should be initiated with the legs, not the back. This is why it’s imperative to have strong quads to deadlift.
    • Once the bar begins moving up your shins, start pulling back and onto your heels. Don’t let the bar come out in front of you. Keep it close to your body at all times. It should touch your thighs on the way up.
    • Once the bar passes your knees, push your hips through to complete the lift. At this point you should be standing erect (not back), and your knees should be locked.
    • You can either lower the bar slowly to the starting position or drop it. This depends on how quickly you want to get yourself kicked out of a public gym.

Also Check out this series of videos;

***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ