ealperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi, folks! I need advice.

I'm a petite young woman (5 foot 1 inches. At around 98-100 pounds, here) & an absolute beginner at bodybuilding & I would like to gain some, bodybuilder-like well-defined, muscle mass & definition, (Not "lean". Definition & mass. I'm lean, already.), along with fantastic vascularity.

Here's a typical day for me:

I usually eat some hot instant oatmeal in the morning, some chicken strips or pasta by lunch, & cashews for snack.

(I DO indulge a bit by getting takeout, via Muscle Maker Grill, & some cheaper, alternative restaurants, with similar food choices, at least twice a week)

Any advice?

(P.s. I just heard about this Monster supplement stuff. Is that any good for this?[I, usually, get Muscle Milk when I can, here.])
    Last edited by ealperin; 01-12-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    iifym
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MUTANTREP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There are positives to being new at this, the "newbie" gains you'll experience, super important to lean to eat properly and pretty clean right from the get go. If you're like a lot of women you probably don't get enough protein so have some with every meal and a shake after your workout. Hope this helps, good luck.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drink plenty of water.
    Gets rid of toxins and helps suppress appetite/cravings.

As @MutantRep stated, you probably need to bump your protein intake.

Oatmeal ftw!!

NPC Figure Competitor nightxsky's Avatar
    nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) nightxsky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start the juglife - drink lots of water. Get your protein intake up. Throw a half scoop in with your oatmeal in the morning, it helps!
    Shows:
    INBF Northeast Classic - June 1st, 2013 - 7th Place Bikini Tall
    NPC Cutler Classic - May 24, 2014 - 3rd Place Figure C / Third Place Novice Figure B

Athletic Xtreme Athlete
    Instagram - filthy_fit_kay

Prettyboy77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't do too much cardio. I think a lot of people make that mistake. There is a lady in my gym that runs to the gym, then when she gets there she runs on the treadmill. Then she lifts weights. She was at the gym
    when I started there 2 yrs ago and she still looks the same. Hope this helps.

Thanks, all!

I'll see what I can do, in the coming month or so!

Bought a massive bottle of Poland Spring, over here, a couple of days ago & I just ate some lovely yolk-free eggs from the pan, today (I used the top stove to make them. ^__-)

Originally Posted by koweanguy View Post
    Drink plenty of water.
    Gets rid of toxins and helps suppress appetite/cravings.

As @MutantRep stated, you probably need to bump your protein intake.

Oatmeal ftw!!
    Thank you!

(I LOVE hot oatmeal, here!)

Originally Posted by MUTANTREP View Post
    There are positives to being new at this, the "newbie" gains you'll experience, super important to lean to eat properly and pretty clean right from the get go. If you're like a lot of women you probably don't get enough protein so have some with every meal and a shake after your workout. Hope this helps, good luck.
    Yep. Definitely.

I'll see what I can do in the coming months.

I've been checking up on what I eat, these past couple of weeks, & apparently, I've got a lot of sodium in my diet & not enough of protein.

Originally Posted by Prettyboy77 View Post
    Don't do too much cardio. I think a lot of people make that mistake. There is a lady in my gym that runs to the gym, then when she gets there she runs on the treadmill. Then she lifts weights. She was at the gym
    when I started there 2 yrs ago and she still looks the same. Hope this helps.
    I don't plan on doing that.

Originally Posted by nightxsky View Post
    Start the juglife - drink lots of water. Get your protein intake up. Throw a half scoop in with your oatmeal in the morning, it helps!
    Thank you, so much!

I'm going to try & buy some protein powder, in the weeks to come, & do that.

Carefully, obviously.

Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    iifym
    I haven't a clue what you've just said, here, but, you're awesome, anyways!

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Go here and just start reading all the threads listed.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150759963

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ealperin View Post
    I haven't a clue what you've just said, here, but, you're awesome, anyways!

thats the spirit

i like this guy
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

Wink Thanks.

Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    thats the spirit

i like this guy
    Thanks.