oreyes08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Are there any good quality protein blends that don't have whey concentrate in it?

Trying to find a good protein blend to take at bedtime that has whey isolate, Micellar Casein, egg protein, and/or Milk protein in it. Absolutely no concentrates or soy protein in it. Do you know of any? Thanks for the feed back.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are many pure isolates, some pure caseins, and a few pure egg proteins. You could buy a casein and isolate and blend your own. There is also SAN Rawfusion, which contains none of the above: it's vegan, using artichoke, pea, and rice proteins. Awesome stuff!
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by poison View Post
    There are many pure isolates, some pure caseins, and a few pure egg proteins. You could buy a casein and isolate and blend your own. There is also SAN Rawfusion, which contains none of the above: it's vegan, using artichoke, pea, and rice proteins. Awesome stuff!
    Ya Id recommend mixing casein and whey iso, most all blends utilize whey concentrate.

Xtreme's Ultra Peptide 2.0 is a whey iso/micellar casein mix

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Plus it's tasty as hell, every flavor.

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ultra Peptide 2.0 does sound about perfect for your needs, it's a 51/49 (percentage-wise) blend of micellar casein + whey protein isolate.

It's long been lauded as one of the most incredible protein products available and also includes some nice medium-chain triglycerides and other ingredients (it was designed to have similar macronutrients to a steak, IIRC). The flavoring systems of each flavor are very hard to beat for their respective categories.
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

Thanks for the feedback guys! All very good options. I hate to be that picky but due to a certain health condition I have to avoid certain ingredients. Sucks ass I know! I have to try to find products/protein as natural as possible without the use of artificial stuff.
    Last edited by oreyes08; 01-08-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Xtreme's Ultra Peptide 2.0 is a great recommendation!!! I just looked at the profile. Fairly priced too! I wish they had it in bigger sizes but if I have to buy 2 or 3 at one time then so be it. Plus I like how they list Casein FIRST then whey after that. Makes it perfect for bedtime. Thanks for your help!

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oreyes08 View Post
    Xtreme's Ultra Peptide 2.0 is a great recommendation!!! I just looked at the profile. Fairly priced too! I wish they had it in bigger sizes but if I have to buy 2 or 3 at one time then so be it. Plus I like how they list Casein FIRST then whey after that. Makes it perfect for bedtime. Thanks for your help!
    Thanks for the support and let us know which flavors you settle on.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I forgot where I read it, but there was some research that concluded that protein blends don't have any overall benefit for you compared to a single type - i.e. these slow-release caseins don't give any more benefit than cheaper whey isolate.

Personally I only stick to 100% whey isolate from Costco (Kaizen brand), but if I had the money I would certainly buy the Ultra Peptide 2.0 again, as it's the most delicious protein I've ever had.
    Supplement reviews, ratings, price comparisons, and ingredient database - www.Supplementarium.com - www.********.com/Supplementarium
    Only Android app dedicated to user-contributed supplement reviews - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.substancereviews.android

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dansari View Post
    I forgot where I read it, but there was some research that concluded that protein blends don't have any overall benefit for you compared to a single type - i.e. these slow-release caseins don't give any more benefit than cheaper whey isolate.

Personally I only stick to 100% whey isolate from Costco (Kaizen brand), but if I had the money I would certainly buy the Ultra Peptide 2.0 again, as it's the most delicious protein I've ever had.
    Actually there are studies showing Whey/Casein blends are ideal. Also, thank you for the kind words, Dave definitely put in a lot of time and effort into the flavoring of his protein products.

Phillips, SM. Eating the Right Proteins to Support Muscle Mass with Exercise. Presentation at the 4th International Whey Conference, 2005.

Soop, Mattias, et al. "Coingestion of Whey Protein and Casein in a Mixed Meal: Demonstration of a More Sustained Anabolic Effect of Casein." American Journal of Physiology (2012): n. pag. Print.

Lacroix M, Bos C, Leonil J, et al. "Compared with casein or total milk protein, digestion of milk soluble proteins is too rapid to sustain the anabolic postprandial amino acid requirement." Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Nov;84(5):1070-1079

Paul, George L. "The Rationale for Consuming Protein Blends in Sports Nutrition." Journal of the American College of Nutrition 28.4 (2009): 464S-72S. Web.

Butteiger, D. N., M. Cope, P. Liu, R. Mukherjea, E. Volpi, B. B. Rasmussen, and E. S. Krul. "A Soy, Whey and Caseinate Blend Extends Postprandial Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis in Rats." Clinical Nutrition 32.4 (2013): 585-91. Web

Reidy, P. T., et al. "Protein Blend Ingestion following Resistance Exercise Promotes Human Muscle Protein Synthesis." The Journal of Nutrition 143.4 (2013): 410-16. Web

Reidy, Paul, et al. "Effect of Protein Blend vs Whey Protein Ingestion on Muscle Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise." The FASEB Journal (2012): n. pag. Web

Churchward-Venne, Tyler A., Nicholas A. Burd, and Stuart M. Phillips. "Nutritional Regulation of Muscle Protein Synthesis with Resistance Exercise: Strategies to Enhance Anabolism." Nutr Metab 9.40 (2012): n. pag. Web

Kerksick, Chad M., Christopher J. Rasmussen, Stacy L. Lancaster, Bharat Magu, Penney Smith, Charles Melton, Michael Greenwood, Anthony L. Almada, Conrad P. Earnest, and Richard B. Kreider. "The Effects of Protein and Amino Acid Supplementation on Performance and Training Adaptations During Ten Weeks of Resistance Training."The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 20.3 (2006): 643-53. Print
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ droppin knowledge bombs

Thanks for the feedback guys! All very good options. I hate to be that picky but due to a certain health condition I have to avoid certain ingredients. Sucks ass I know! I have to try to find products/protein as natural as possible without the use of artificial stuff.
    I stand by my previous recommendations, but if you want all natural, rawfusion is a killer option. They are non GMO, vegan, raw processed, and 100 percent natural, sweetened and flavored as well.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Thanks for the support and let us know which flavors you settle on.
    Love the taste of cinnamon so without question Cinnamon Roll for sure!!! I put natural cinnamon in a lot of stuff (oatmeal, cottage cheese, protein shakes, etc.) Thanks for the reply!

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love the taste of cinnamon so without question Cinnamon Roll for sure!!! I put natural cinnamon in a lot of stuff (oatmeal, cottage cheese, protein shakes, etc.) Thanks for the reply!
    You will NOT be disappointed. Let us know how the first couple shakes are!
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.