Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Making things jiggle less after 40!

Hello I finally decided to start a journal to track my progress. I've worked out in some capacity since I was 18 and don't have much to show for it. I'm tired of "working out" and not seeing any changes. I'm ready for a change.

I've done P90X and TurboFire for the past couple of years on and off and did my own thing with the dumbbells we have at home. Always used light weights and did high reps. My husband has been telling that I need to lift heavier and I just heard "blah blah blah" and came here and found out he was right! Boy is he ticked at me for not believing him and listening to people on the internets I learned from this site that beginners should start with a proven routine, so I decided to go with Allpro.

I've been doing the routine for a few weeks, but haven't been able to do it as written. With holidays, vacations and other crap going on I was only able to work out 2 days a week. So I did 2 heavy days per week. I work out Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday and this is my first week I will be able to work out all 3 days....I am so excited!! I will be working out at home. We have a gym in our basement that we just recently remodeled and added a new squat rack/smith machine.

My husband also has worked out since he was 16. He did weight gainers, etc back then and completely changed his body. He admits now that he didn't follow proper form and just lifted as heavy as he could. Which is probably why he had to have back surgery in October. He's on his way to recovering, but isn't able to do too much yet. We've been married for 15 years and known each other for 22 years. He's very supportive of my new obsession.

I have problem areas that I hope will get better: butt, legs and back/bra fat. My goal is that I want to lose fat and gain muscle. I know it can't be done at the same time, but I plan on eating at maintenance or just over for a few weeks (1500-1650). I have this bloating thing going on (messed up cycles) and can't stand the thought of bulking and putting on weight right now. Plus I've added a couple of pounds over the holidays...blah! And I don't know if I'm lifting enough weight to eat anymore than that.

Current stats:
    Weight: 104lbs
    Height: 5'0"
    BF: 20.5% (per fitbit scale).

We've always eaten healthy, so not much will change there. I now measure everything with a digital scale and track through MFP. I've been supplementing with protein shakes. Main problem is drinking. I used to have cocktail or two each evening, but I've stopped drinking Sunday-Thursday. I don't go all crazy on the weekends, but will have a few drinks (Michelob Ultra or vodka/tonic).

I'm ready for a change. I want to look like I have muscles without having to flex them I've learned a lot already from this site. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging to others.

I'm open to any advice or suggestions anyone has to share.

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sunday C1W1 - heavy

Squats: 8 @ 75lbs x 2 (+warm up)
    Bench: 8 @ 65lbs x 2
    BOR: 8 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 8 @ 40lbs x 2
    SLDL: 8 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 8 @ 35lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 8 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Ab work: planks and leg lifts

Tuesday C1W1 - medium

Squats: 8 @ 65lbs x 2 (+warm up)
    Bench: 8 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 8 @ 45lbs x 2
    OHP: 8 @ 35lbs x 2
    SLDL: 8 @ 55lbs x 2
    Curls: 8 @ 30lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 8 @ 85lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Glute bridges with 12 @ 35lbs x 3

On 1st bulk EVER! Yiikes! ChrizyKibs's Avatar
    ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yaaaay! I'm here to follow you!

I would advice you start bulking as soon as you're ready! It's really not that bad of a feeling, I was afraid that I would get FAT too but found out that wasn't the case. Of course I have days where I just feel gross and bloated but I would have those days whether I was bulking or not. It really is the only way to achieve those muscles you want and the sooner you get started the better. I'm almost done with month 5 of bulking, I haven't gained enough compared to what my goal was in the beginning but it's my first bulk and I knew it was going to be a trial and error kinda thing. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Ps. Damn girl, you're strong! You're starting out with the weight I'm at now on cycle 4!!
    I'm Danish, I WILL misspell - DEAL WITH IT! ;)

Welcome and thank you

I know I really need to bulk to get the results I want, but my husband has me convinced that I'm not lifting heavy enough to bulk??? So that's in my head too. I'd only want to do it for 4-5 months though since we spend every weekend of the summer on our boat in bathing suits!! I keep going back and forth about it. I was really hoping to have started this routine back in October so I'd have more time to bulk and then cut for summer. I love the results I'm seeing so far just doing the program for just 2x a week. I can definitely feel differences in my legs/butt!!

I'm still struggling with squating below parallel. I'm having mobility issues with ankles and hips I guess. Have been doing stretches everyday to try to resolve that. So for now my stance is a bit wider.

We got 12" of snow here and I've had a cold for over a week. so I've kind of felt blah about doing anything....except for working out! I can't wait to get home tonight and lift

I need to go check your journal now
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    Welcome and thank you

I know I really need to bulk to get the results I want, but my husband has me convinced that I'm not lifting heavy enough to bulk??? So that's in my head too. I'd only want to do it for 4-5 months though since we spend every weekend of the summer on our boat in bathing suits!! I keep going back and forth about it. I was really hoping to have started this routine back in October so I'd have more time to bulk and then cut for summer. I love the results I'm seeing so far just doing the program for just 2x a week. I can definitely feel differences in my legs/butt!!

I'm still struggling with squating below parallel. I'm having mobility issues with ankles and hips I guess. Have been doing stretches everyday to try to resolve that. So for now my stance is a bit wider.

We got 12" of snow here and I've had a cold for over a week. so I've kind of felt blah about doing anything....except for working out! I can't wait to get home tonight and lift

I need to go check your journal now
    Hey, if all you can handle right now is 4 months of bulking, go for it. But if you do it "right" that'll only be 4-8lbs, you could easily lose that in 6 weeks. You're at a perfect spot to start a slow bulk, like 9-12 months. You can take it super slow and go for a 1lb per month gain, that way there won't be too much fluff for the summer
    And as long as you are on a good lifting program and progressing with weights, you can bulk and you WILL build muscle. Heavy means what is heavy for YOU.
    As far as mobility goes, do you do any hip flexor work? It helped me a ton.

paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In! Definitely bulk! You're sooooo little, you can absolutely gain some great muscle! Your maintenance is probably not as low as 1500-1650 either, you might be able to eat a lottttt more than you are and still gain muscle without too much fat- lucky you!

hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hsteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heck, yeah! You're in a wonderful position for a nice, slow bulk and you'll still look great for summer. Since you're looking to make things jiggle less, putting on some muscle would help greatly. Like Cara said, heavy is relative to you. You don't have to be able to lift what your husband could.

Good luck!! Oh, and 40 ain't that old ;-)

Wednesday C1W1 – light

I was so excited to work out tonight since I haven't been able to work out 3x/week for a while.

Squats: 8 @ 60lbs x 2 (+warm up)
    Bench: 8 @ 50lbs x 2
    BOR: 8 @ 40lbs x 2
    OHP: 8 @ 30lbs x 2
    SLDL: 8 @ 50lbs x 2
    Curls: 8 @ 25lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 8 @ 75lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Glute bridges: 12 @ 35lbs
    Single leg glute bridges: 12 @ 35lbs x 2

I decided to bump my calories up on days I work out to ~1750. Does my macro breakdown sound good??
    120 protein
    70 fat
    160 carbs

Non work out days will be ~1500
    120 protein
    56 fat
    127 carbs

Today’s intake
    1738 calories
    156 protein
    69 fat
    127 carbs

I know protein is probably too high…need to work on that.

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Love lifting again

Thanks everyone...I appreciate the support!!

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Hey, if all you can handle right now is 4 months of bulking, go for it. But if you do it "right" that'll only be 4-8lbs, you could easily lose that in 6 weeks. You're at a perfect spot to start a slow bulk, like 9-12 months. You can take it super slow and go for a 1lb per month gain, that way there won't be too much fluff for the summer
    And as long as you are on a good lifting program and progressing with weights, you can bulk and you WILL build muscle. Heavy means what is heavy for YOU.
    As far as mobility goes, do you do any hip flexor work? It helped me a ton.
    Thank you! I was confused about what is considered heavy. I always see “lift heavy lift heavy” but didn’t really know what that meant. So thank you for the explanation

I have been doing hip flexor stretches and ankle mobility stretches. I need to start doing them daily. I’ve been doing them before and after I work out. I tried doing the 3rd world squat stretch and I fall on my butt unless I hold onto something. I don’t know if that is hip flexors or ankles or both. I used a muscle roller on my calves and oh my...that hurt a lot!! I haven't had a deep tissue massage for a while. I may schedule one and see if that helps.

Originally Posted by paiger0321 View Post
    In! Definitely bulk! You're sooooo little, you can absolutely gain some great muscle! Your maintenance is probably not as low as 1500-1650 either, you might be able to eat a lottttt more than you are and still gain muscle without too much fat- lucky you!
    Welcome I'm little but sometimes I feel sooo big with this crazy bloating I have going on (for the past 11 months!). In my pics my abs are flexed, but by the end of the day I can stick out my stomach and I look like I’m 8 mos pregnant. I think it is all hormonal and have been trying to figure it out. I decided to up calories a bit and see what happens. Definitely don’t want to gain much fat that is for sure!!

Originally Posted by hsteady View Post
    Heck, yeah! You're in a wonderful position for a nice, slow bulk and you'll still look great for summer. Since you're looking to make things jiggle less, putting on some muscle would help greatly. Like Cara said, heavy is relative to you. You don't have to be able to lift what your husband could.

Good luck!! Oh, and 40 ain't that old ;-)
    Haha…thank you!! I hope to rock 40 when I get there with more muscle Heavy relative to me makes sense. I kind of that thought that but just wasn’t sure. I’m excited and nervous about doing this slow bulk. I’ve become obsessed with measuring and tracking everything I eat.

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

C1W2 - Heavy

Well, today's workout wasn't so great. It felt like I increased the weights by 50%! Last week I was sluggish because I had a cold but was able to do the workout with no problem. I usually work out later in the afternoon on Sunday, but today I worked out earlier. So not sure if that had anything to do with it since I didn't eat much before my workout. I really struggled to complete all the lifts...they weren't all that pretty. Made me feel like I will never be able to increase weights So frustrated!!!

Squats: 9 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 9 @ 55lbs x 2 (I had 65 for last week's heavy day, but I think it should have been 55. I had 65 on my spreadsheet but 55 on my chalkboard and based my medium and light on the 65. I'm pretty sure I did 65 last week, but could not even do 2 lifts today. So I did 55)
    BOR: 9 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 9 @ 40lbs x 2
    SLDL: 9 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 9 @ 35lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 9 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Ab work: leg lifts
    Glute bridges: 12 @ 35lbs x 3

Calories: 1760
    Protein: 161
    Fat: 61
    Carbs: 156

I have a fitbit and it syncs with MFP. It says my exercise was 173 so my net calories are 1586. Do I need to eat those calories back?? Is fitbit even accurate??

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrizyKibs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, today's workout wasn't so great. It felt like I increased the weights by 50%! Last week I was sluggish because I had a cold but was able to do the workout with no problem. I usually work out later in the afternoon on Sunday, but today I worked out earlier. So not sure if that had anything to do with it since I didn't eat much before my workout. I really struggled to complete all the lifts...they weren't all that pretty. Made me feel like I will never be able to increase weights So frustrated!!!
    There WILL be bad days where you can't do what you could last week and it might be caused by a little thing like less sleep than normal, changing up when you work out or working out on a empty stomach if you're not used to it. There has been cycles where I felt like I was doing terrible but still managed to pass test day, I have no idea WHY but it happens lol.. Just stick with it! You're doing great!

Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In! I'm bulking on the AllPro routine too. Looking at your profile picture you've already got a decent muscle base, will be following your progress.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jen totally ignore the net calories, calories burned while working out thing. There is no accurate way of tracking that and that's where people mess up with their tracking. Set a daily calorie and macro goal and just focus on hitting those numbers. 1700 is too low for bulking. You should start closer to 2000 and adjust as needed. You'll see a scale jump at first, sometimes up to 8 or 9lbs but it will even out.

Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pinky1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jen totally ignore the net calories, calories burned while working out thing. There is no accurate way of tracking that and that's where people mess up with their tracking. Set a daily calorie and macro goal and just focus on hitting those numbers. 1700 is too low for bulking. You should start closer to 2000 and adjust as needed. You'll see a scale jump at first, sometimes up to 8 or 9lbs but it will even out.
    ^^This^^

I was also originally thinking of bulking on 1,700 calories as well until Cara gave me the same advice. I was apprehensive about taking in so many calories, but I've now been bulking on 2,000 for nearly five weeks and actually thinking of increasing my calories to between 2,100 and 2,2000 for the next cycle. I initially seen a scale jump in the first couple of weeks, but this is just water weight, I really don't think I look any fatter than 5 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by ChrizyKibs View Post
    There WILL be bad days where you can't do what you could last week and it might be caused by a little thing like less sleep than normal, changing up when you work out or working out on a empty stomach if you're not used to it. There has been cycles where I felt like I was doing terrible but still managed to pass test day, I have no idea WHY but it happens lol.. Just stick with it! You're doing great!
    Thanks, this makes me feel better! It had to have been the time of day I guess. Will definitely work out later in the day this Sunday!

Okay good. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn’t think it could be accurate but wanted to hear it from someone else. I will probably up my calories a bit more. Now that I’m weighing everything and accurately counting calories, I’m realizing that I ate way more than I thought I did before doing this program!

Originally Posted by Pinky1985 View Post
    In! I'm bulking on the AllPro routine too. Looking at your profile picture you've already got a decent muscle base, will be following your progress.

I was also originally thinking of bulking on 1,700 calories as well until Cara gave me the same advice. I was apprehensive about taking in so many calories, but I've now been bulking on 2,000 for nearly five weeks and actually thinking of increasing my calories to between 2,100 and 2,2000 for the next cycle. I initially seen a scale jump in the first couple of weeks, but this is just water weight, I really don't think I look any fatter than 5 weeks ago.
    Welcome Thanks for the support! I’m really liking Allpro so far. Can’t wait until I can say I’ve been doing it for 5 weeks. I was worried about bulking but know that is what I need to do. I’d feel so much better if I wasn’t bloated already. Glad your bulk is going so well for you.

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

How's everything going?

Thanks for checking in on me

I was only able to work out 2 heavy days this past week. We had a quick trip planned to New Orleans to pick up a boat. We left early Thursday morning, so I did my workout Wednesday night. Everything that could have gone wrong with our "quick" trip went wrong and then some. We had hoped to have been back home yesterday, but we just got back home this evening. So I'm missing my workout tonight and will probably only be able to do 2 heavy days this week. It was a stressful weekend and we ended up having pizza delivered to our hotel 2 different nights (no other choice). We topped it off with Chinese food tonight. So I don't think I will step on the scale tomorrow

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

C1W2 Heavy

Wednesday, 1/15

Had to do 2 heavy days this week. Everything went well except for bench press. Squats are still wide stance. Still working on flexibility issues.

Squats: 9 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 9 @ 55lbs x 2 (these were hard!)
    BOR: 9 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 9 @ 40lbs x 2
    SLDL: 9 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 9 @ 35lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 9 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

Thanks for checking in on me

I was only able to work out 2 heavy days this past week. We had a quick trip planned to New Orleans to pick up a boat. We left early Thursday morning, so I did my workout Wednesday night. Everything that could have gone wrong with our "quick" trip went wrong and then some. We had hoped to have been back home yesterday, but we just got back home this evening. So I'm missing my workout tonight and will probably only be able to do 2 heavy days this week. It was a stressful weekend and we ended up having pizza delivered to our hotel 2 different nights (no other choice). We topped it off with Chinese food tonight. So I don't think I will step on the scale tomorrow
    Hmmm that sucks! But 2 heavy work outs is much better than nothing! Besides, it's not your fault things went wrong. Same with the food, yea it sucks right after the holidays but sometimes life just gets in the way. As long as you get right back on the horse, everything will be fine Ps. I would probably avoid the scale too lol

Monday 1/20 & Thursday 1/23 - Heavy

Squats: 10 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 10 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 10 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 10 @ 40lbs x 2
    SLDL: 10 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 10 @ 35lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 20 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine…I have been doing these until I feel them..10 doesn’t feel like I’m doing much)

Ab work: leg lifts and plank

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

Sunday 1/26 – Heavy

Squats: 11 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 11 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 11 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 11 @ 40lbs x 2 (almost didn’t make 11 on second set)
    SLDL: 11 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 11 @ 35lbs x 2 (struggled on second set)
    Calf raises: 22 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

5.5 chin ups! Excited about this because a couple of weeks ago I could only do 2!!

A bit higher than I’m used to and I feel stuffed!!
    Calories: 2112
    Protein: 157
    Fat: 101
    Carbs: 166

Next Sunday is test day and we’re hosting a Super Bowl party, so I’ll have to work out early, which usually doesn’t go well. And since I’ll be eating like crap that day I don’t want to eat too much in the morning. I am considering skipping Sunday and doing 2 heavy days again this week and then do test day the following Sunday. Even if I pass everything (I doubt I will) I think I’ll keep these weights again for the next cycle.

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

Originally Posted by ChrizyKibs View Post
    Hmmm that sucks! But 2 heavy work outs is much better than nothing! Besides, it's not your fault things went wrong. Same with the food, yea it sucks right after the holidays but sometimes life just gets in the way. As long as you get right back on the horse, everything will be fine Ps. I would probably avoid the scale too lol
    Thanks for the encouragement! It helps a lot! I definitely did not get on the scale

I have been slacking off and not coming in the journal section lately. Need to catch up!

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sunday 1/26 – Heavy

Squats: 11 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 11 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 11 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 11 @ 40lbs x 2 (almost didn’t make 11 on second set)
    SLDL: 11 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 11 @ 35lbs x 2 (struggled on second set)
    Calf raises: 22 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

5.5 chin ups! Excited about this because a couple of weeks ago I could only do 2!!

A bit higher than I’m used to and I feel stuffed!!
    Calories: 2112
    Protein: 157
    Fat: 101
    Carbs: 166

Next Sunday is test day and we’re hosting a Super Bowl party, so I’ll have to work out early, which usually doesn’t go well. And since I’ll be eating like crap that day I don’t want to eat too much in the morning. I am considering skipping Sunday and doing 2 heavy days again this week and then do test day the following Sunday. Even if I pass everything (I doubt I will) I think I’ll keep these weights again for the next cycle.
    Good job on the chin ups!

Super Bowl Sunday...its bad for all of us, ha...ha....
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    Good job on the chin ups!

Super Bowl Sunday...its bad for all of us, ha...ha....
    Thanks! I was pretty happy about it

SB Sunday is so bad, but good! I try to make a couple of healthy snacks and I sneak in healthy substitutes when I can. Nobody ever notices

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

C1W4 - Medium

Tuesday 1/28 – Medium (finally a medium day!!)

Squats: 11 @ 65lbs x 2
    Bench: 11 @ 45lbs x 2
    BOR: 11 @ 45lbs x 2
    OHP: 11 @ 35lbs x 2
    SLDL: 11 @ 55lbs x 2
    Curls: 11 @ 30lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 22 @ 85lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Ab work: leg lifts, plank and upper cut punches
    Glute bridges: 12 @ 35lbs x 3 (need to figure out how to do these without killing myself!

Chin ups: 5.5x1, 2x1 (doing happy dance!)

Didn’t hit fat and too many carbs I think:
    Calories: 1934
    Protein: 174
    Fat: 61
    Carbs: 199

Made a yummy strawberry protein fluff for an evening snack. It was delicious!

I'm planning on doing my workout Sunday morning and repeating week 4. Then I'll do test the following Sunday and see how it goes.

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

C1W4 - Light

Thursday 1/30 – Light

Squats: 11 @ 60lbs x 2
    Bench: 11 @ 40lbs x 2
    BOR: 11 @ 40lbs x 2
    OHP: 11 @ 30lbs x 2
    SLDL: 11 @ 50lbs x 2
    Curls: 11 @ 25lbs x 2
    Calf raises: 22 @ 75lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Chin ups: 5x1, 2x1 (for fun ½ of a pull up!)

Rushed through this one because hubby and I went out to dinner afterwards to celebrate an exciting business accomplishment. Did not keep track of dinner and drinks, but ate from the “under 500 calories” section

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

C1W5 - Heavy

Sunday 2/2 – Heavy (Test Day!!!)

I have found that I don’t do so well with working out in the mornings, but had to today since we were having a house full of people for the SB. I figured if I didn’t pass everything, I would just repeat the previous week.

Well….I passed everything!!! I couldn’t believe it. I was so excited.

Squats: 12 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 12 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 12 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 12 @ 40lbs x 2 (lost form on the last rep)
    SLDL: 12 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 12 @ 35lbs x 2 (lost form on the last rep)
    Calf raises: 25 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Chin ups: 5x1, 2x1

So I will attempt to increase weights next week and see how it goes.

I’m having a weird pain in my right glute. It is hard to describe exactly where the pain is located. It’s at the bottom of my butt cheek. Where glute meets hamstring? It is painful when I’m doing squats, BOR and SLDL. I still am able to get through these lifts with the pain, but it does continue to bother me days after. I have had sciatica pain before and at first I thought that is what it was…but it is different. I’m going to schedule a massage and see if she can work it out for me. Then maybe schedule an adjustment at my chiro and see if it gets better.

2018 goals:
    Love lifting again

floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sunday 2/2 – Heavy (Test Day!!!)

I have found that I don’t do so well with working out in the mornings, but had to today since we were having a house full of people for the SB. I figured if I didn’t pass everything, I would just repeat the previous week.

Well….I passed everything!!! I couldn’t believe it. I was so excited.

Squats: 12 @ 75lbs x 2
    Bench: 12 @ 55lbs x 2
    BOR: 12 @ 55lbs x 2
    OHP: 12 @ 40lbs x 2 (lost form on the last rep)
    SLDL: 12 @ 65lbs x 2
    Curls: 12 @ 35lbs x 2 (lost form on the last rep)
    Calf raises: 25 @ 95lbs x 2 (smith machine)

Chin ups: 5x1, 2x1

So I will attempt to increase weights next week and see how it goes.

I’m having a weird pain in my right glute. It is hard to describe exactly where the pain is located. It’s at the bottom of my butt cheek. Where glute meets hamstring? It is painful when I’m doing squats, BOR and SLDL. I still am able to get through these lifts with the pain, but it does continue to bother me days after. I have had sciatica pain before and at first I thought that is what it was…but it is different. I’m going to schedule a massage and see if she can work it out for me. Then maybe schedule an adjustment at my chiro and see if it gets better.
    Wow congrats on passing everything! that's awesome (: My test day is tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous...

We have almost the same weight stats except I started a little too high on squats (85 lbs) and am pretty sure I will not pass them tomorrow.

Anyways, good luck on your next cycle!
    Doesn't it feel so great to be able to increase weights you didn't used to be able to lift?!!

paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paiger0321 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the tests! Nice lifts! How are you liking the high reps? 12 is so manyy! I'm impressed by your endurance!