Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    RX8tasy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the replies, Duplicitous & cwcmac.

Bought my first PB (U70 Stage 1) today with the CL find! Will share what I learn from PB via email.

Also came across Sport 5.0 with stand for $350, and Classic 50 for $350.
    Last edited by RX8tasy; 01-27-2021 at 08:09 PM.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stalkyoso View Post
    Apparently I can get some good cash for my pro rexan 85lb set nowadays with this pandemic

Paid 300 for them with the powerblock bench years back and added the dip attachment

Collects dust
    Sell them if you don't use them. You probably will never get a chance to sell them for this much money again. If you had sold them 6-9 months ago you'd have made even more. 85/90Lb adjustable dumbbell sets are worth $1200-1500 to some people.

robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've happily owned the penultimate, made in the USA, version of the Elite 90s, as well as the Sport 24s, and a powerstation for several years. I have been considering buying the Commercial Pro 125s (formerly the club version) for a few years, and almost pulled the trigger when the pandemic first hit and they were still in stock. Whenever Powerblock shut down due to their governor's orders, like around last April or May, the ability to buy their products went away. The option to buy the Commercial Pro 125/175s hasn't been available since. I was advised by email response that they may restock by March, and to check with authorized dealers like Rogue and Sorinex. Rogue's current price on these is showing up as like $2,450. Basically $1,000 higher than last spring. Not sure if that price is in error or not.

Anyway, I gave them a call earlier today and was basically told that these would not be available to an individual until 2022. The rep said that the commercial pro heavy versions are backordered and have been spoken for by commercial gyms and sports teams. I offered to incorporate myself if that would help. She said no. Just thought I'd pass along that info to anyone else who might've been holding out for these as well.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by robbieuva View Post
    I've happily owned the penultimate, made in the USA, version of the Elite 90s, as well as the Sport 24s, and a powerstation for several years. I have been considering buying the Commercial Pro 125s (formerly the club version) for a few years, and almost pulled the trigger when the pandemic first hit and they were still in stock. Whenever Powerblock shut down due to their governor's orders, like around last April or May, the ability to buy their products went away. The option to buy the Commercial Pro 125/175s hasn't been available since. I was advised by email response that they may restock by March, and to check with authorized dealers like Rogue and Sorinex. Rogue's current price on these is showing up as like $2,450. Basically $1,000 higher than last spring. Not sure if that price is in error or not.

Anyway, I gave them a call earlier today and was basically told that these would not be available to an individual until 2022. The rep said that the commercial pro heavy versions are backordered and have been spoken for by commercial gyms and sports teams. I offered to incorporate myself if that would help. She said no. Just thought I'd pass along that info to anyone else who might've been holding out for these as well.
    If it is some consolation, my understanding is that those big commercial pro versions are cumbersome in length and width and increment and also the modern urethane ones will not last long term because the side rails are not actually attached to the metal plate. For all of its beefy appearance, the plate and side rail are held together with urethane.
    Go for the Powerblock Pro-Aluminum if you want the ultimate.

robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbieuva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    If it is some consolation, my understanding is that those big commercial pro versions are cumbersome in length and width and increment and also the modern urethane ones will not last long term because the side rails are not actually attached to the metal plate. For all of its beefy appearance, the plate and side rail are held together with urethane.
    Go for the Powerblock Pro-Aluminum if you want the ultimate.
    I appreciate the feedback. I wish they still made the Pro-Aluminum or Pro Rexans as those would be my obvious choice. To your other point, I would be surprised if Powerblock made the Commercial Pro 125/175 sets that are intended for pro sports teams and commercial use the same as the urethane models in the lower weights. That would be an extreme liability risk based upon the quality feedback of the current model urethane sets.

I'm more than likely going to get a set of Ironmasters or Baadass (hate that name) dumbells for the higher weights. I just love the quickness of changing weights with the powerblocks, and was hoping to go down to just one set for space efficiency reasons. I recently departed with a set of solid steel head urethane dumbbells from 100-120, which I enjoyed, but did not want to sacrifice the floor space to something used for 1 or 2 workouts a week.

Originally Posted by robbieuva View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. I wish they still made the Pro-Aluminum or Pro Rexans as those would be my obvious choice. To your other point, I would be surprised if Powerblock made the Commercial Pro 125/175 sets that are intended for pro sports teams and commercial use the same as the urethane models in the lower weights. That would be an extreme liability risk based upon the quality feedback of the current model urethane sets.

I'm more than likely going to get a set of Ironmasters or Baadass (hate that name) dumbells for the higher weights. I just love the quickness of changing weights with the powerblocks, and was hoping to go down to just one set for space efficiency reasons. I recently departed with a set of solid steel head urethane dumbbells from 100-120, which I enjoyed, but did not want to sacrifice the floor space to something used for 1 or 2 workouts a week.
    You can find the pro rexan and pro aluminums online on sites like eBay or ******** marketplace, but it would be pre-owned. The issue with the urethane models is that the side rails are not actually attached to the weight plates with a weld. You can tell this from the screw head that runs through the urethane tab/ear and into the rail. Sooner or later that urethane will fail and then there is no way to attach the rail to the weight. My hunch is that "commercial" is marketing. Most teams and institutions use full walls of Iron Grip dumbbells or similar.

I got a set of Ironmaster 75s and they are really nice, the weight change time doesn't really bother me. If you were doing 120+ then you probably need long rest periods anyway, at 30 seconds per dumbbell to change the weight, it doesn't take very long.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    You can find the pro rexan and pro aluminums online on sites like eBay or ******** marketplace, but it would be pre-owned. The issue with the urethane models is that the side rails are not actually attached to the weight plates with a weld. You can tell this from the screw head that runs through the urethane tab/ear and into the rail. Sooner or later that urethane will fail and then there is no way to attach the rail to the weight. My hunch is that "commercial" is marketing. Most teams and institutions use full walls of Iron Grip dumbbells or similar.

I got a set of Ironmaster 75s and they are really nice, the weight change time doesn't really bother me. If you were doing 120+ then you probably need long rest periods anyway, at 30 seconds per dumbbell to change the weight, it doesn't take very long.
    Thanks again for your insight - won't let me rep you again. I was hoping to go down to one set for everything, but it seems like it will be the Powerblocks for the warmup sets and something like the Ironmasters (if I can find them) for the higher weights, where you are correct that the change time will not matter as much.

Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Bought a used set a couple years ago, needed some clean up and the white plastic is kinda yellowed but otherwise they work flawless

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anybody looking for the column stand? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Someone on CL is selling the Pro Rexan 15-125lbs with stand and PowerBlock Bench for $850. Beakdown is $800 for dumbells, $100 for bench or $850 for both. I really want to jump on this, but I feel like it's still priced too high. What should I offer so I can just take it from this guy before anyone else gets it?

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jo0 View Post
    Someone on CL is selling the Pro Rexan 15-125lbs with stand and PowerBlock Bench for $850. Beakdown is $800 for dumbells, $100 for bench or $850 for both. I really want to jump on this, but I feel like it's still priced too high. What should I offer so I can just take it from this guy before anyone else gets it?
    I don't think his price is all that high. I sold numerous 125 sets with stand for $650 pre-COVID. $750 for both maybe.

Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I don't think his price is all that high. I sold numerous 125 sets with stand for $650 pre-COVID. $750 for both maybe.
    Ah okay good to know. I honestly don't know what pre-COVID prices were. Thanks for the reply and I hope that I can snag these.

jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great thread! I make stainless knurled handles for just about every poweblock model.

If this post isn’t allowed I’m sorry I can delete.
    Attached Images
    IG: Gym.equipped
    Jdgymequipped.com

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jessedemasi View Post
    Great thread! I make stainless knurled handles for just about every poweblock model.

If this post isn’t allowed I’m sorry I can delete.
    Very cool, but expensive AF.

Ended up scoring this last night

$600 for

PowerBlock Pro EXP 5-50
    PowerBlock Bench
    Chin Attachment
    Dip Attachment
    PowerBlock ProSeries Straight Bar

Now I need figure out the cheapest way to get the Stage 2 and Stage 3 expansions. A pseudo rack for the straight bar would be a nice to have, but I don't mind just cleaning the bar for squats for now