Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Need Sweet Stuff

Does anyone have any suggestions for a desert or sweet snack while on a Keto diet.

Ive only been going for a few days but i need something sweet

BTW does my diet look ok heres a quick layout.

1) 2 Whole eggs and 2 bacon rashers

2) Tin of tuna with 1 tsp mayo

3) 3 chicken fillets with spinich and olive oil

4) Tin of mackerel and 2 egg white 'omlette'

Dry roasted peanuts as a snack.

Whey protein shake with whole milk after workouts

Am i going ok?
    Last edited by Rocky Barbella; 08-20-2003 at 03:43 AM.

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)
    drop the whole milk post-workout and have 20-30g of dextrose instead

as for somthing sweet, try crystal light, or adding some splenda or other sugar-substitute to somthing.

also, what is the breakdown of your diet? it looks like quite a bit of protein, but not much fat.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    diet jello ..........YUM

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Natty PB in fridge, have a spoonful is kinda like lumpy, thick sticky ice cream but satisfies a sweet need.

Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bond has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Chi_town
    diet jello ..........YUM
    Just what I was thinking....
    "You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow... or it can crash... Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Bruce Lee

wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chi_town
    diet jello ..........YUM
    i think sf jello thru me out of ketosis. i was moderate ketones last night after my workout. later in the evening i had a sf jello and i checked the ketosticks and i was negative. its now a day later in the afternoon and im still neg. ive had lots of fat and close to zero carbs. what the hell is going on?
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear... And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Trust me Rocky, the more you abstain from sweet things while in ketosis, the better it will be. The only reason why I am personally against having sweet things (besides during carbup) is that once you start getting used to having "the little sweet extra," you start to add more and more sweet tasting diet foods until the diet just starts to become plain frusterating because you start to crave "real" sugar, and the diet just becomes an exercise in futility. try to abstain from sweet things during your 5 day "on" period and use the weekend carb up to reward yourself with a few sweet tasting foods.

Obviously, i dont know you, but in my case, when i started adding diet foods and sugar free candies to my keto diet, i never made any progress because I was constantly craving sweets. Not only that some sugar substitutes (save splenda) have been known to slow down weight loss (aspartame) or kick you out of ketosis.

If you do decide to add a couple sweet tasting beverages, may I recommend Diet Rite?

Best of luck.

CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CPizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    premier odyssey bars
    CPizzle