fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fuarkimripped is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is the bar suppose to touch your chest when benching? (REPS)

When barbell benching is the bar when going up and bringing it down suppose to touch chest. After hitting chest than bring it back up? Or do you go halfway down than go back up? What's the proper way of benching? I bench and when benching I bring the bar down and touches my chest and bring it back up. A guy says that I am working my shoulders more than chest. He said not to bring bar down to chest What is correct benching technique?

GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fuarkimripped View Post
    When barbell benching is the bar when going up and bringing it down suppose to touch chest. After hitting chest than bring it back up? Or do you go halfway down than go back up? What's the proper way of benching? I bench and when benching I bring the bar down and touches my chest and bring it back up. A guy says that I am working my shoulders more than chest. He said not to bring bar down to chest What is correct benching technique?
    You touch your chest, but don't bounce it up.

Registered User thebencher900lb's Avatar
    thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000)

Touch the chest, hell take a brief pause if you want. This guy is uneducated.
    Contrary to popular belief, I dont actually bench 900lbs, as stated in my username.

Supplement Stack:
    -Orange Triad
    -CreaCore
    -MusclePharm Fish Oil
    -Caffeine Tablets

Nutritional ketosis requires explicit reduction of CHO intake to generally lower than 50 g/d and, for some, <30 g/d. Protein must also be restricted, often to <1.8 g/d per kg body mass and sometimes to < 1.2 g/d per kg, with remaining calories composed from fat.

Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pirlo21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is not specific movement. It depends how comfortable your shoulders feel with that movement pattern, for example I don't touch my chest because my shoulders feel like tearing apart when I go lower. I go a little bit more than 90 degrees then back up.

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GymFreak25 View Post
    You touch your chest, but don't bounce it up.
    Originally Posted by thebencher900lb View Post
    Touch the chest, hell take a brief pause if you want. This guy is uneducated.
    ^These.
    All the way down, without bouncing it off your chest. The lower half of the movement actually hits your chest hardest, in the top half triceps and front delts take over. Whatever the excuse is, benching "a little bit more than 90 degrees" is laughable. It's like quarter-squatting...doesn't really count
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

pls responส็็็็็็็็็็็็ spacetrig's Avatar
    spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spacetrig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    either just slightly touch your chest, or stop and pause just before it touches your chest before moving it back up
    that's the secret to getting FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWW WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKING ripped m8

Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's really up to you.

Some people say you shouldn't go beyond 90 degrees because it puts extra stress on your shoulder and opens it up to injury. I go down to my chest and though I feel a little extra pressure on my shoulders I am comfortable with that and haven't had an injuy because of it.

Definitely though you should go further than half way down, I would say at the very least like 2-3 inches from touching your chest if you aren't comfortable going all the way

ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryyanwilson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are not really supposed to because it is not very good for the elbows and that much strain on your shoulders isn't too good either. I bring the bar down to 90 degrees then back up. Go lower if you want just make sure it isn't hurting you.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Touch the chest when arching your back. Doing short ROM may even be painting yourself into a corner and leaving you more prone to injury, not less.

Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always touch chest slightly but no bounce.

I have a shoulder injury and I always touch chest and do full ROM, ppl who say they get pain if they do it this way have probably ****ed up form with 0 scapular retraction and no leg drive.

TigoFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigoFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigoFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigoFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do full ROM.
    If your shoulder hurt do a good warm up before entering the sets.

slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shoulder work and injury IMO is more dependent upon hand placement on the bar and the angle you drop your elbows in correlation to your torso, if you are doing a wide grip bench, dropping the bar to your clavicle, and dropping your elbows at 90 degrees to your torso you are going to engage your shoulders a lot more and are asking for shoulder issues, if you keep a slightly wider than shoulder width grip and keep your elbows tucked to 45 degrees to your torso and bring the bar down to your nipples, your will work your chest hard, triceps hard and also hit your shoulders, but not hurt them. And do full ROM, people who don't touch the bar to the chest are pussies. I remember a guy posted a video on here claiming 225x10 bench, the bar didn't come within 2 inches of his chest, he got lit up pretty bad.

erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100) erahul88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Think like your chest is a glass, you have to touch without breaking it ~ Mark Rippetoe

These words are always in my mind when i am benching, you have to only touch and please no bounce not only it's a cheating it's quite a dangerous.

Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IMO yes, very gently.
    Lean mass phase

Current stats (11/2014):
    -Squat: 125kg (275lbs)
    -Bench press: 105kg (231lbs)

Goals for now:
    -Squat: 160kg (352lbs)
    -Bench press: 120kg (264lbs)

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    touch chest, no bounce. If you don;t touch your chest it's not a bench press...it's a bro press.
    OG

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    When barbell benching is the bar when going up and bringing it down suppose to touch chest. After hitting chest than bring it back up? Or do you go halfway down than go back up? What's the proper way of benching? I bench and when benching I bring the bar down and touches my chest and bring it back up. A guy says that I am working my shoulders more than chest. He said not to bring bar down to chest

What is correct benching technique?
    Correct technique is to use as full a ROM as your body mechanics allow. If that means bringing the bar down to contact with your chest, then do that. Besides the 'better stretch = better contraction,' it will also provide you a means of more accurately guaranteeing progression--every rep will be the same ROM as every other.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Shiine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude do not stretch your shoulder socket to behind your back if you want to be benching any longer and when u destroy your shoulders your done in all upper body exercises bye bye gym career why take that risk... that's what's happening when u let the bar touch your chest, and your working shoulders at this point going all the way down and letting the bar hit your chest all that Resting and going all the way up more resting on the chest muscle and using more joints.

Try this...

Take the bar and wrap your thumbs around it squeeze hard now with your mind focus on moving the bar only with your chest squeeze that chest hard while properly breathing, now bring the bar up but not all the way you do not want to lose any tension on the chest muscle don't go all the way up and rest pause .. keep one fluid motion now stop just where you're elbows go barely past your shoulders back up, keep all tension on muscle and not destroying shoulders
    Cant Stop My Sh!ne

robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50) robchap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes it should touch your chest. usually bringing it down right at or just below the nipple is the best place for power.... Depth shouldn't effect your shoulder being involved unless you're taking too wide of a grip.