Thread: melatonin

sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledgecock will become famous soon enough. (+50)

melatonin

i don't know the exact science behind it but when i was a kickboxer my trainer always recommended i sleep for as long as possible and gave me a 3 mg melatonin supplement. it worked incredibly well and after taking it id want to go to sleep within an hour in the worst way. my sleep was greatly improved and i even noticed id be less sore when i woke up. before that i would sleep for no more than 8 hours most of the tiem id get 6 to 7 and not be able to get back to sleep. has anybody had simialer experience with this and is this beneficial or just a placebo effect?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes, that is was melatonin is for. to help you fall asleep
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Prolonged extended periods of sleep can actually be more harmful than helpful.
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DiabeticLifter View Post
    Prolonged extended periods of sleep can actually be more harmful than helpful.
    Maybe if you are sleeping 15-18 hours. That's unlikely with Melatonin.

Melatonin is naturally produced by the brain to induce sleepiness. It is not like a sleeping pill, it will not keep you asleep, just naturally help you sleep. It is part of the body's circadian rhythm. Light suppresses melatonin production, so if you are lying in bed playing with your phone (for example), that will impair your body's ability to produce melatonin and help you get to sleep. Neurologists regularly recommend that adults and children take a small dose of melatonin each night to regulate their sleep cycle. Totally safe and harmless.

Additionally, Melatonin is a very potent antioxidant and free-radical scavenger. Studies have indicated that it is twice as active as Vitamin E in this function. It also has been shown to have a protective effect against oxidative damage on nuclear and mitochondrial DNA. (See the wikipedia article for a quick list of citations pointing to studies on this function.)

This is highly relevant to bodybuilding, where many pre-workout supplements are designed to induce the body to create more Nitric Oxide, which is a free radical in the body. Additionally, anabolism increases the body's demand for oxygen (particularly in the 24-48 hours follwoing an intense workout) and free radicals are a byproduct of oxygen metabolism. Higher oxygen demand = more production of free radicals.

In my opinion, there is more than enough evidence that all bodybuilders could benefit from a nightly melatonin supplement in the 3-10 mg dosage range.

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ravenhall View Post
    Maybe if you are sleeping 15-18 hours. That's unlikely with Melatonin.

Melatonin is naturally produced by the brain to induce sleepiness. It is not like a sleeping pill, it will not keep you asleep, just naturally help you sleep. It is part of the body's circadian rhythm. Light suppresses melatonin production, so if you are lying in bed playing with your phone (for example), that will impair your body's ability to produce melatonin and help you get to sleep. Neurologists regularly recommend that adults and children take a small dose of melatonin each night to regulate their sleep cycle. Totally safe and harmless.

Additionally, Melatonin is a very potent antioxidant and free-radical scavenger. Studies have indicated that it is twice as active as Vitamin E in this function. It also has been shown to have a protective effect against oxidative damage on nuclear and mitochondrial DNA. (See the wikipedia article for a quick list of citations pointing to studies on this function.)

This is highly relevant to bodybuilding, where many pre-workout supplements are designed to induce the body to create more Nitric Oxide, which is a free radical in the body. Additionally, anabolism increases the body's demand for oxygen (particularly in the 24-48 hours follwoing an intense workout) and free radicals are a byproduct of oxygen metabolism. Higher oxygen demand = more production of free radicals.

In my opinion, there is more than enough evidence that all bodybuilders could benefit from a nightly melatonin supplement in the 3-10 mg dosage range.
    My comment isn't directed towards melatonin supplementation. There have been studies shown that oversleeping (10+ hours), regardless of supplementation, has adverse effects on mental and physical health.
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DiabeticLifter View Post
    My comment isn't directed towards melatonin supplementation. There have been studies shown that oversleeping (10+ hours), regardless of supplementation, has adverse effects on mental and physical health.
    Jesus I couldn't imagine sleeping for that long
    **Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew**

Registered User LauraDenslinger's Avatar
    LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100) LauraDenslinger is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sledgecock View Post
    i don't know the exact science behind it but when i was a kickboxer my trainer always recommended i sleep for as long as possible and gave me a 3 mg melatonin supplement. it worked incredibly well and after taking it id want to go to sleep within an hour in the worst way. my sleep was greatly improved and i even noticed id be less sore when i woke up. before that i would sleep for no more than 8 hours most of the tiem id get 6 to 7 and not be able to get back to sleep. has anybody had simialer experience with this and is this beneficial or just a placebo effect?
    I take it off and on and I don't believe that it is placebo. I do, however, not notice much of a difference between the higher mg doses. I seem to sleep the same whether I take 3mh or 6mg+. I'm so used to getting up early that I cannot sleep past 7am no matter what I do, but when I take melatonin I don't wake up in the middle of the night like I do when I don't take it. Plus, I like having the weird dreams haha
    Train insane or remain the same.

www.lauramustloseweight.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/LAURAmustLOSEWEIGHT

jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tbillionaire View Post
    Jesus I couldn't imagine sleeping for that long
    12-13hr sleep crew checking in hahha

Well i don't have a job nor do i attend school so there is no problem plus any less than that and i get a little more tired than usual.

It probably depends on the person and his/her habits for ex. caffeine/stimulants or other.

Do you think melatonin will help me stay asleep and not wake up ?
    UWOTM8