Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    thedevildog1775 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's laughable to read these clowns who say Jeff Cavaliere doesn't know what he's talking about and that his program is no good. These are great examples of why you should disregard most of what you read on the internet. Jeff Cavaliere is one of the most qualified people to talk about physical fitness.

Jeff Cavaliere is a trainer and physical therapist who is geared towards EVERYONE who wants to become physically fit, but specifically will help athletes excel. He's not a muscle head. If you are looking to get physically fit with FUNCTIONAL strength, then you could do a lot worse than Jeff Cavaliere.

However, if you have low self esteem and are only looking to get big in order to boost your ego and feel good about yourself when you look in the mirror, when you take selfies, and when you're out at a club, then Jeff Cavaliere is probably not for you.

Furthermore, why does everyone need a "program" nowadays. This isn't rocket science folks!

PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50) PXMike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jersey,

Thank you for your comments. I realize I am years behind in addressing this, but when I came across this thread, I felt compelled to offer my opinion. As an MS in Kinesiology as well as a professional therapist and personal strength trainer with over 30 years experience, I can assure you that Mr. Cavaliere IS the "real deal." Not only is Jeff qualified, he also has the full respect of the Sports Medicine and Fitness Training community. Unlike Mike Chang, who may be a good personal trainer, Jeff Cavaliere is in a completely different league. Comparing the two is essentially the same as comparing apples to oranges.

JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Athleanx is a whole new way of exercise, focusing on more pushing your limits and muscle contraction all while doing safe and healthy movements with Jeff coaching you all the way through it. The programs are amazing. As for the whole supplement line he has, i havent tried them so i cant speak on behalf of them. All i know is for ME Athleanx + JYM supps = gains.

Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's funny is that if you google Athleanx programit instantly comes up ''six pack and muscle building program''. Food and a good program will make you grow, period, no god damn supplements.
    Don’t ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person that’s hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said.. Haters gonna hate!”

- Aziz Shavershian

It's piss, it's sickening, it's revolting

- Sith Lord

JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnTA71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Andreas1816 View Post
    What's funny is that if you google Athleanx programit instantly comes up ''six pack and muscle building program''. Food and a good program will make you grow, period, no god damn supplements.
    What about sleep?

Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JohnTA71 View Post
    What about sleep?
    It's pretty obvious that everyone sleeps, do I really have to mention that, lawl
    Don’t ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person that’s hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said.. Haters gonna hate!”

- Aziz Shavershian

It's piss, it's sickening, it's revolting

- Sith Lord

captmilkdud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To pay or not to pay. That is the question

If you want to learn how to build an athletic physique, the right way, you not only need to know how to exercise safe and sanely, but how to eat properly, and if you believe in supplementation, what are the right supplements to take. Sure you can learn all of this for free by picking through the billions of posts and websites devoted to the subjects on the Internet. Or you can find a couch that will cut the learning curve into a tiny fraction of what it would be otherwise.

I'm a Foreign Exchange trader and have ran across this same issue as to should you pay a coach or learn it on your own. It all boils down to how much your time is worth and if you have the smarts to figure it out on your own. Or trust someone who has a proven record of success and has already spent the years making the mistakes you'll make and has learned from them for you.

My time is extremely valuable to me. I paid for a coach to teach me to trade and one to teach me proper exercise techniques, nutrition, etc. The time I would have spent searching the Internet for information concerning the many aspects of trading was spent finding the most qualified coach. I did the same thing with my fitness.

I came up with Athleanx. I've been a member for five years and glad I did.

rahulno0007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

just ignore ignorants!

Originally Posted by BestNameEver2 View Post
    Very surprised to see people downing Athleanx and Jeff Cavalier on these forums. Comparing him to mike chang just shows complete ignorance.

Athleanx is not for people who want to be arnold from the 70's. It is for people who want sustainable fitness to last your entire life. It is not for showing your bros who can bench or squat the most in the gym, not for talking **** while leaning on the squat rack either.

Athleanx can be frustrating if you are wanting to get into lifting heavy quickly, that is not what athleanx is about. It is about athletic conditioning for your body as a whole (that means more than pumping iron, do some reasearch).

If you are just getting started, do you want to join the legions who jump straight into pumping iron and get injuries that last a lifetime? athleanx can be frustratingly meticulous in it's emphasis on building a solid and safe 360 foundation from which you can lift heavy if you want to, but it is (obviously) worth it. Jeff has insane knowledge of body mechanics that are invaluable to anyone who is serious about being fit for the long term.

If you just want to get huge ASAP, then listen to these dip****s who put down athleanx and later you can hang out with them at the gym, stand around and watch other people workout because you ****ed your body up doing stupid **** with weights.

Anyone who has a question like the OP needs to learn how to do their own research. There are way to many meatheads who consider themselves experts and are completely ignorant. They love nothing more than someone asking them whether this or that is legit, so they can fake their own authority by answering.

I highly doubt that anyone who put down athleanx or Jeff on this thread ever actually tried the program themselves. And if you did, prove it. Further, I dare any of you who put down athleanx to actually site some reference material that we can all go check and verify your comments, and see how you are right and Jeff, the seasoned professional with decades of experience and mountains of irrefutable scientific proof behind his methods, is wrong.

If you can't do that, I don't care if you are in the coolest frat or how big your arms are, or even if your hair is just like the guys from jersey shore, stfu.

true! will be short..i am a doctor know most of kinesiology...had to go through jeff videos post my accident.routine mr.olympia bull**** won't get you anywhere.if any of his videos is not backed by science i will give these people my fortune.he is the most sincere legit person to listen to and learn.you will stay in best of your shape may not be too bulky but real lean sexy beach figure. and it becomes easier to imbibe and nod when you know a bit of human anatomy. AND HE IS NOT ABOUT ANY STEROIDS....PURE SCIENCE. PLEASE GUYS -ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO ADMIT TO SELF THAT YOU NEVER GRASPED WHAT HE SAID. ITS ABOUT REAL ATHLETIC PHYSIQUE WHERE YOU TRAIN ALL THE MUSCLES OF THE BODY,NOT ONLY THE ONES WHICH ARE VISIBLE TO EYES...IYTS ABOUT COORDINATION,BALANCE,AGILITY,PURE SEXYYYYNESSSS....

From someone who went from "Bro" Workouts to athleanx, you definetly see the difference. Adding structure to your workouts is key for success. Jeff sets you up to do well, without getting injured. Jeff focuses more on concentration than weight. I just regret not switching over earlier ):

EKBeadle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As an individual who does a lot of reading, studying, reviewing. researching. I mean I break my 168hrs per week down. A Tactical handle through analysis will out do anyone any day. I am writing this because since I was 15, I have been reading magazines, books and lord knows what else in regards to health, fitness, science etc etc. At age 15, I use to clear a rack of magazines per month. When I was in my middle 20s. I was still reading the same, 2 to 3 hours a day. 3 days a week. Now let's supplicate this type of knowledge into our body.. The original arguments and dispute on this posts are against a person and what the person says.. Instead we should be looking at bodies and saying. Does their body reflect the way I want my body to look. Yes.. okay follow person. No. okay find a mentor.

Does their belief system align with mine.. >> Yes okay.. No > move on
    Does their regimen PROMOTE SAFETY > Yes, okay continue No > move on.
    Create a mental flow chart to figure out who and what works best for you. Being a person in business has taught me that. Take one business mentor, use their recipe. and see if the results work for you. If they do not, you go down a list of different recipes/mentors.. The same you do for a workout regimen.

Do your own research. Go to the bookstore, and local college library. Pick apart books on Strength Training, Nutritional Science, Anatomy of the human body and anything related to Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Chirpractor (which one happens to be my neighbor 1/4 a mile down the road)

Recap for my conclusion:
    Read, Cross Review/reference for proper education.
    Science and Tactics wins.

Train for what you desire. BodyBuilding, aesthetics, natural, suppliment. I don't care if you are a natural or suppliment. I don't care HOW you say you got your body. If you have a body I happen to seek. then i'm doing some research on how you state it was obtain. if the results are not there. then I move on. OLD FASHIONED HARD WORK... Days before the internet I had to walk 2.4 miles just to get some free education.. 11 miles for a college library, 15 for the university.. That is one way... WORK FOR IT...

Now for my personal Athlean-x take.. I look up to someone like Bruce Lee... Agile, quick, mentality, philosophy.. and oddly enough. Body builders from the same era used some of his methods and vice versa as he used some of theirs..
    Do I support paying for ANY fitness program... No not really, do I support paying for sentimentalization.. No ... When it comes to fitness, there is this thing of Fitness vs Body building vs strength vs this vs that vs x vs y vs z vs vs vs vs vs.. You get the point.

Sooo are training programs a necessity.. YES they are evil and necessary. Do they work,, I don't know. I've tried the p90x in my youth.. I didn't stick to it... I never paid for it either. I was able to get it for free. My cousins ex wife purchased the course.

Now for those who like to throw insults around..This reflects a persona. It can either help create sponsors to support you or it can go against you. Read the book The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Watch a documentary on it. One of my personal all time favorites. "If you do not have the support of the people, more than likely you will loose the war/battle/argument"... To me it is stating, if the population is going to not agree with your speech. Then you should find a way to gain the moral support via alternatives. This is my food for thought.

As for the tools in the gym.
    Arnolds Advice, Bruce Lee, Jeff, Kei, Jay, CT and many many many more. Authors from different books, different articles.. It is all related to science, and the thing about science with the Human anatomy via Social, Mental, Physical, Spiritual and much more. It is ever changing with new findings, new studies. Making it very difficult to keep up on what is proper and what is not. It is almost as bad as keeping up with "the best computer parts".. It's truly hard to decide when within a few weeks of a release, you could end up being outdated and doing something once deemed "good" now deemed wrong.

None the less, for good fitness training/bodybuilding what ever you desire.
    Good Form, Good Basics, Proper execution, and studying on the movements, and poster.. is all importance. Ignore who is giving the advice, and follow up once again with a cross reference.

Just because it isn't weights, iron, or a machine. does not mean it is what others say it is. I come from a farm family. Bailing Hey, moving cement bricks at age 11, landscaping bricks, wall retaining bricks. shoveling and moving 15 to 30 yards of dirt, sand, and rock per year as a child till my late teens.. Then as an adult, roofing, sheetrock/drywall and other various residential construction labor intensive jobs.
    If you are doing this with a proper diet.. You'd be amazed at the results you get. Especially since you are essentially moving different weight, with different methods. I biked and rollerbladed from 11 till i was 27.. 16 years of that.. Most girls love my ass, and while my legs are not formed. They are pretty damn strong and can haul some ****. I've seen roofers shorter, taller, skinnier.. but they got some strenght and can outwork me in cardio and strength.

So please. when offering advice.. Make sure when it comes to tools, knowledge and more. YOU ARE having credible sources from science journals, college journals. Write it out as if its a college paper with a sources cited page. A sources cited is what gives your stance a credibility.

DISCLAIMER:
    Slander this as you like, put your own opinion down as you wish. None the less. Cross reference the research and make a good judgement based on your findings. THAT IS SOLID PRINCIPLE advice.

Sincerely
    Eric Beadle

michaelmarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Jeff actually states clearly that he's NOT the guy for aesthetics

Originally Posted by DazIronwolf View Post
    First off...Jeff appears to be extremely knowledgeable. He is however a small guy with low body fat. Is that what you want to achieve? Do you want to look like anyone from the NY mets or whoever he was S&C coach for? Personally I do not. Size coupled with aesthetics is my goal. Kris Gethin is okay on here though I flinch when I see him train. No wonder he has incurred severe injuries over his time. Additionally, all these folks advocating 'Starting strength'...potentially dangerous if you do alone without the correct equipment (I.e. squat rack and spotters)....so I guess I feel your confusion.
    My recommendation? Blood n guts by Dorian. I would surmise that this is not what he himself would train....and in fact i would say that the workout given on here is less than optimal..but, nevertheless it looks a good enough start. Alternatively, I would use the Kris Gethin latest one and make sure to do the weights with exemplary form if you want a body that will be strong for life. Rippetoe's Starting strength DVDs are superb for teaching technique by the way
    I agree with DazIronwolf. And of course educating yourself isn't a waste of money. I personally came here to see if Jeff Cavaliere was legit. And he most certainly is. I did spend the money and follow his youtube videos. He's no-nonsense. He also points out clearly that if you want the Arnold Swartzeneger look, he's NOT the guy. However if you want to be a functional athlete in any area of sport, he is the guy. The more time I spend on his program the more I realize how good he is at his job. The guys here taking **** about him are full of **** for sure and clearly lazy and not too bright if they can't use Google properly. Jeff does also have product however you can get excellent product from your local PopEye. Keep in mind that Jeff's job is also to help his "million dollar' athlete clients healthy and strong in the game. He's a PT and a Therapist of repute. They guy even has a pic of him and President Clinton. And I am a professional Photoshop dude with 25 years in graphic design experience with top brands and can say for certain, that his photos are not "photoshopped". They are certainly colour corrected and his pages are well designed as any pro would be. Obviously there are many great PT and experts out there. Jeff's not the only guy, however as I am a few weeks into his course, I already am experiencing benefits. And I have been training since July 2015, so I'm a novice. But from a beginner's point of view, the guy follows up with you and provides a ton of resources for free on top of his course. So for the cost of 2 lbs of quality protein, I don't think it's such a bad investment. As one of the local gym-rat and supplements dispenser at LA Fitness pointed out to me, "do your research". So to all you other novices, whether you like Jeff Cavaliere or not, you have to research. There's a guy Joe Mangaletto, the actor and body builder who put out the book Evolution recently states, "you have to put in the work".

And to the comment that he's a small guy with low body fat, the guy definitely is quite strong and functional. He's well defined and he's not going for that Hulk look. He's not that kind of PT.

However, Jeff Cavaliere is most definitely who he says he is. And he's got serious, serious cred! His bull**** is as lean as his body fat, meaning there's not much there at all. He gets paid professionally for delivering hard won results. And he consistenly pushes for greater effort and great technique. His observations of guys at the gym are bang on too. Just look around at how many have limiting technique. Even if a guy looks big, what's his mobility like? To each his own.

And to all the guys talking ****, they clearly are ignorant and were of no help to me when I was looking for back up information. It's your body dudes. Check out everything that you are taking and studying. Cause it's your time you'll be wasting if you don't. Work hard and use the grey matter between your ears.
    Last edited by michaelmarian; 04-01-2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Wanted to be clear that I am in support of the fellow I was replying too and to everyone in general.

SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SucukluYumurta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude don't pay for programs. Everything you need to know is online don't waste your money.

Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geotric2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it's a waste of money. Get good help here if you want a nice program,watch Eric helms nutrition and training pyramids on youtube and follow the Strength camp channel,they both are great.

astancu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For a paltry $67 you get a wealth of information from a guy that is an expert in his field. Jeff is no shill. He knows what he is talking about and has trained many athletes. Yeah, sure, you can try to put your own program together. I bet many of you have and where has it gotten you after years of trying to reach that elusive goal of 6 pack abs? Athean-X is a nicely structured program to help you get there. It's different than others like P-90X and Insanity because it combines strength, agility and endurance into each workout. You still have to do the work but by following this program you eliminate a lot of the guess work on what to do to achieve your ultimate goal. No, this isn't for muscle heads but I bet a person following this program will be a able to do more pull ups and push ups than some dude who can bench press 500 lbs. Actually, a muscle head can benefit from this program because it will unearth many deficiencies in their supposed strength that can't be realized by loading up a barbell with tons of weight.

I highly recommend.

doo9154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MENTOR - You need one, if you want to train safe and effective you need a mentor. I don't care if it's Jeff or anyone, just find one, train from the best and be one. You can pay the best personal trainer(expensive) or buy a training program(cheap/OnTheGo/structured). Save yourself from injuries, Please....

slumdogmill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People hating on Jeff? What?? I've done his advanced programs like ultimate arms and I am currently doing his monthly NXT program and the gains are incredible. Ax1 and Ax2 do build muscle but the main focus is fat loss, in NXT there are many advanced training techniques and you in some phases you lift heavy 1-5 rep failure, burnout sets, you can achieve aesthetics like that and he conditioning gets you lean and better at performing athletically. Just go to athleanx.com and click on NXT and you can check out all the different phases. I was training for a year and a half without athlean X and I did make gains but honestly Jeffs advanced stuff is the best way to go. NXT is brutal and I'm not just saying that. This is bodybuilding.com so I'm not surprised that a bunch of meatheads are talking trash, but at least check out his NXT stuff that's **** is definitely insane and next leave stuff.

Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Food > Supplements
    So make sure you understand that first.
    Second, Athlean x is a Sham, Skam, Late night sales commercial, my way is the only way kind of guy. He claims that pretty much everything that bodybuilders have been doing for decades is the wrong way to do it. He will spend 15 mins preaching that this and that is incorrect without any specifics or tutorials on the proper way. Then says " hey guys, buy my **** if you want to know the right way". " hey guys my supps are better than everyone elses" . To top it off supps dont make your body . A combination of proper diet and excersise do however just like it always has. Even if he did work with a baseball team...ok so he worked with a baseball team. They throw balls and hit them with bats ...big whoop. Any fool with proper information on equations with macros,bmr,ect and the mental focus to push a muscle group can be a bodybuilder or trainer. Does not require someone's specific supps or workout plans. This guy is shake weighty

Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100) Jackieleestowe is not very well liked. (-100)
    There is no deep secret to gains or aesthetics.
    Just cycle your carbs through out the day in a scheduled timely mannor. Push those muscles then push till they fail. Rest repeat. Keep in mind many of these people swearing by this guy and that guys programs are pictureless. Sounds like someones being hired to boost up reputations.

Millions of people have trained and become in top performance with out athlean x for many decades. You dont need his bs. Just get it done yourself like a real man would.

Originally Posted by PXMike View Post
    Jersey,

Thank you for your comments. I realize I am years behind in addressing this, but when I came across this thread, I felt compelled to offer my opinion. As an MS in Kinesiology as well as a professional therapist and personal strength trainer with over 30 years experience, I can assure you that Mr. Cavaliere IS the "real deal." Not only is Jeff qualified, he also has the full respect of the Sports Medicine and Fitness Training community. Unlike Mike Chang, who may be a good personal trainer, Jeff Cavaliere is in a completely different league. Comparing the two is essentially the same as comparing apples to oranges.
    30 years experience? Your profile clearly shows you at obesity in 2006

Originally Posted by doo9154 View Post
    MENTOR - You need one, if you want to train safe and effective you need a mentor. I don't care if it's Jeff or anyone, just find one, train from the best and be one. You can pay the best personal trainer(expensive) or buy a training program(cheap/OnTheGo/structured). Save yourself from injuries, Please....
    No one needs a mentor. They just need to learn to mentor themselves.

pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100)

For those new to lifting

I know this is and old post but whey protein and supplements are a waste of money if you don't have the proper training program and proper nutrition.as a new lifter don't buy any supplements but eat the right foods 1 scoop of protein powder equals 4 egg whites or 4 oz of chicken breast which would you prefer? Only buy whey protein if you don't planning on eating salad protein all the time but I wouldn't get all my protein from powder you really don't know how much protein you are getting worse if you buy the cheap brands,save you're money and find a workout program on the internet or in you tube.just to name a few Jason Blaha,Scooby1961,Lee Hayward,there all have videos on you tube you can learn lot from them also Scooby has its own website free of charge scoobysworkshop.com..good luck and happy lifting

GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GainsMatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by IcemanIsDead View Post
    Yep, you gained weight and lost fat because of switching supplements. This comment really shows your knowledge of fitness. Cavaliere doesn't know chit about smart training. Men's fitness is probably one of the worst sources to turn to when it comes to training except for Athlean-X and Mike Chang. Cavaliere, as I said, is all about bosu balls, swiss balls and elastic bands, those things are not items that will build a good physique and strong body.

I have failed to find any lists of mets physical therapists from '06-'08 that involves Cavaliere, so you tell me if he really was employed by the mets.

Jeff Cavaliere claims that you can burn fat and build muscle simultaneously, and that squats are bad for your back and knees. He also seems to believe in spotreducing fat:

Your so ****ing ignorant that reading the **** you write gets me moody lmfao
    Always helping people👍🏼

PedroDVC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cavaliere is legit 100%

Originally Posted by truebeliever95 View Post
    I figured that Jeff Cavalier was all talk, but I didn't know he photoshopped and stuff lol. In fact I knew all those reviews on his website were bogus as well, and including his BS overpriced training supplements.
    Man, don't follow what others think.
    Cavaliere is legit and a hell of a trainer! Do you need is training to start? Not at all, but if you buy it, I believe you'll have good training information for life.
    But, like I said, do your research and think about starting something and not buying something to feel like you're starting something.
    All the best. Good luck!

kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jackieleestowe View Post
    Food > Supplements
    So make sure you understand that first.
    Second, Athlean x is a Sham, Skam, Late night sales commercial, my way is the only way kind of guy. He claims that pretty much everything that bodybuilders have been doing for decades is the wrong way to do it. He will spend 15 mins preaching that this and that is incorrect without any specifics or tutorials on the proper way. Then says " hey guys, buy my **** if you want to know the right way". " hey guys my supps are better than everyone elses" . To top it off supps dont make your body . A combination of proper diet and excersise do however just like it always has. Even if he did work with a baseball team...ok so he worked with a baseball team. They throw balls and hit them with bats ...big whoop. Any fool with proper information on equations with macros,bmr,ect and the mental focus to push a muscle group can be a bodybuilder or trainer. Does not require someone's specific supps or workout plans. This guy is shake weighty
    DaFuq?

I don't use Athlean-X, and I personally subscribe to the "everything you need to know is free on the internet" way of thinking like many here, but you've made it 100% obvious that you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about and are only bashing something because it doesn't fall in line with your meathead views. I understand -- I was there once, too, when I was a kid.

"He will spend 15 mins preaching that this and that is incorrect without any specifics or tutorials on the proper way. Other words of no substance..."

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube of Jeff demonstrating HOW and WHY to do exercises a certain way, and not the popular way that people do just because that's the way people always done (As Ronnie said, "Do what you always do and you'll get what you always got"). So, your opinion and untrue claims are invalid. Is he selling a product? Yes. Is he supremely qualified to be selling his knowledge and training? Also yes. Do you have to buy it? No. Is it for everybody? No. Can his guidance provide motivation and staying-power to get and keep someone exercising that otherwise wouldn't have and really needs to be? Without a ****ing doubt.

As others have pointed out, Athlean-X is not a meathead program. It's not a powerlifting program. It's not a competitive bodybuilding program. It's a fit and healthy lifestyle program. You can spend the time to research it all yourself, or you can drop a few coins and have someone with knowledge and experience put all the tools you need in your hand from the start. Neither choice is wrong, even if it's not the one you, personally, would have chosen.

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jerseylifter28 View Post
    Where's my Iceman at? Suddenly silent. At least you've learned your lesson and have decided to not speak if you had nothing intelligent or factual to say. We all thank you for that.
    Are you Cavaliere in disguise or something? Jheeze get out his arse.

Athleanx is just a load of clickbait videos. Makes his own exercises up and crap like that to be different and get more views. He doesn't preach what everybody else does cos he wants more money.

Forums are the best place to be - people give help and advice for no gain themselves.

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why is everyone in this thread typing 5000 words essays..
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

jerielmari is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just registered to say this. You can get all the information for free from his Youtube videos and the internet. To answer if it is worth it, look at how valuable your time is. If you can make more than 67usd within the time that is needed to do the research and piece together all the information you need to be able to get results that you would get from following a structured program like what you get from Athleanx, then it is worth it. I live in a third world country that doesn't have good hourly rates, so 67usd is not worth it for me.

If I had a higher paying job, you bet your ass I would have purchased it already. Reading, and watching videos, dodging bull**** by reading scientific journals and **** and then piecing together all that information so that I get results and don't injure myself is time consuming.
    Last edited by jerielmari; 11-14-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: grammar correction

MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcusCouch23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The guy seems legit seeing how he's got a degree in this sort of thing. And, the fact that he has a pretty good physique yet he's apparently in his early 40s or late 30s. He also used to work with the Mets, so I'm guessing he knows his stuff.

NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NattyVitaminB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh wow, there are quite a few ignorant imbeciles in this thread that like to talk out of their ass a lot.

I never purchased anything from Jeff's AthleanX, but I am subscribed to his youtube channel and watched probably 90% of all his videos. The guy is the real deal, whether you like it or not. I wouldn't have spent so much time watching him if I thought his info was just the same info you find elsewhere on the internet, especially on some bodybuidling forum from "bros". His channel is by far the best weight lifting channel on youtube. Everybody else just repeats the same info over and over again as everybody else. And some even watch Jeff's videos and just copy what he says and then make a video of their own. But their knowledge is mostly just "bro" knowledge. Jeff on the other hand has a Masters degree in physical therapy, worked for the Mets for 3 years, and trains PROFESSIONAL athletes all the time. Find me a youtube fitness expert that has half the credentials as Jeff. I bet none of them are physical therapists to begin with, and the closest they ever came to a baseball game was from the spectator sits.

You also don't need to pay Jeff a cent. Just go watch his videos. I am sure you will learn something new and it will help you improve your training. At the very least you'll get lots of motivation to go lift. It's all free on his channel. No sham or scam or whatever the f you dumb ****s like to call it.

Regarding supplements, Jeff never tells you to take supplements and expect anything UNLESS you have the fundamentals in place: proper training and nutrition. Supplements are just that - to supplement. Nobody grows muscles by sitting on his ass and chewing protein bars.