tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hand care after lifting....

My hands are starting to get really messed up. What do you guys use for your hands? I normally clip my calluses but I've stopped since the skin felt really thin after I clip.

today I was lifting like 160+ kilos for reps and I swore I gonna rip a callus again, luckily I didn't.

Any ideas?

FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    one way

tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpc01x is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks rep'd.

squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatsandzumba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Soak your hands once a day and moisturize afterwards. Always wash your hands after training to get the chalk off. Soaking and moisturizing right after training would be best.
    Best gym lifts: 465/305/535 s/b/d | 115/142.5 sn/cj
    Best meet lifts: 457/292/484 s/b/d | 100/132.5 sn/cj

Train hard

kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kd7nfr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deal with it or get some gloves. My wife lifts in gloves so her hands stay all soft and girly; she doesn't have any problems. I just have really rough hands, I hate gloves.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to get bad callouses when I did gymnastics. You just need to manage then by filing them down with an emery board and moisturising. If you go to a salon a paraffin hand treatment would probably help. Make sure when you grip that the weight of the bar sits in the crease between your fingers and palm. I think gloves made it worse TBH.

Registered User RyanLikesToLift's Avatar
    RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those calluses don't look too big or close to tearing, you definitely have more in you! The Shankle video is a staple in hand care, good post. Also, from the picture, it doesn't look like you're using much (if any?) chalk... Invest in some. For like $5, your hands/grip will be in much better shape.

Build slowly and get stronger.
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158241233
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRL_G36Q7yg2Hk_er43QC4Q/videos

Registered User RyanLikesToLift's Avatar
    RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanLikesToLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RyanLikesToLift View Post
    Those calluses don't look too big or close to tearing, you definitely have more in you! The Shankle video is a staple in hand care, good post. Also, from the picture, it doesn't look like you're using much (if any?) chalk... Invest in some. For like $5, your hands/grip will be in much better shape.

Build slowly and get stronger.
    Whoops, didn't notice in the background of the photo that you're in front of a keyboard, presumably not at a gym... That would explain the no chalk use. But make sure you are using an adequate amount, and then some - won't hurt
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158241233
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRL_G36Q7yg2Hk_er43QC4Q/videos

dglage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Shankle video is right on. Where I would offer a differing opinion though is in the choice of the tool. I have tested most (if not all) the option for shaving down calluses and can share a few findings:

1) Razors definitely remove the largest amount of callus, but are difficult to control and often result in cutting down too deep into the sensitive under layers of skin. This defeats the purpose of a callus.

2) Volcanic pumice and ped egg/cheese grater type tools also offer limited control and are usually gauging the skin leaving you with an uneven callus that will dry out at different rates. These little peaks and valleys turn into chip, flakes or fissure, and can initiate a tear or complete rip.

3) Foam Glass/ Synthetic Pumice seems to have the best performance because it wears at a predictable rate. Similar to wet-sanding, when used on wet skin you can essentially polish away the dead top layer of skin, thin the callus a bit, and smooth/contour the edges. If you use this tool in the shower on a daily basis, you can shape the growth of your calluses and maintain an optimal thickness.

What you want is a thin, flexible, yet tough callus to protect your hands, and keep your grip feeling strong. Where many people make the mistake is taking their calluses completely off. You want calluses (they are natures gloves!), you just don't them to get thick to the point there they create hard edges that can get caught or pinch between a bar and your bones during a lift.

(Yes I have given this an OCD level of thought).

[Full Disclosure] I own RIPT Skin Systems

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bag balm every night.

Pumice stone in the shower and scrub your hands.
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogdigger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Buy a pediegg. It's the girl thing to shave calluses on their feet. Shave them down with that and then put on vasilene. Works wonders. FYI buy the actual pediegg thing the cheaper off brand ones don't work for ****.

SevenAte9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Callus shaver. I use it twice at least once a week. I mostly use the razor side.
    Google it. I can't post pics/links