MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Bicep exercises and tennis elbow

Sup all. I have had elbow pain (inside of elbow) with my right elbow for some time now. I think I injured it awhile back trying to throw up too much weight on DB military press. Anyhow, it seems like it isn't getting better. Some days it seems like it is okay, but goes back to hurting again. The worst is when I do standing barbell curls. I have found that cable curls are the most comfortable exercise I can do where i can work my biceps without my elbow hurting too bad. I wear a strap around my upper forearm to help.

Since this has happened, I haven't been able to work my biceps as much and I definitely see them lagging in size compared to the rest of me. And I'm getting bored with cable curls. So my question is, what can I do to keep working my biceps? My peak on my right bicep (the arm with the elbow pain) is virtually non existent compared to my left arm. Looking to get both biceps bigger and increase the peak on the right bicep (but left could use it to)...or at least get them symmetrical.

Any suggestions?
    Twatter: marked4u2c

*WWG1WGA Crew*
    *MAGA Crew*
    *Never on BB.com anymore crew**

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back." - Henry Rollins

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrMakAttack View Post
    Sup all. I have had elbow pain (inside of elbow) with my right elbow for some time now. I think I injured it awhile back trying to throw up too much weight on DB military press. Anyhow, it seems like it isn't getting better. Some days it seems like it is okay, but goes back to hurting again. The worst is when I do standing barbell curls. I have found that cable curls are the most comfortable exercise I can do where i can work my biceps without my elbow hurting too bad. I wear a strap around my upper forearm to help.

Since this has happened, I haven't been able to work my biceps as much and I definitely see them lagging in size compared to the rest of me. And I'm getting bored with cable curls. So my question is, what can I do to keep working my biceps? My peak on my right bicep (the arm with the elbow pain) is virtually non existent compared to my left arm. Looking to get both biceps bigger and increase the peak on the right bicep (but left could use it to)...or at least get them symmetrical.

Any suggestions?
    Try doing some forearms curls. Use either barbell or dumbbell curls - focus on getting good 12-15 repetitions. If those muscles are weak then once you strengthen them the pain should get better.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Forearm curls as tastan mentioned do work well. I get MAPS (middle aged pullup syndrome) and my elbows are pretty unhappy if I do more than 20 pullups twice a week.

I have also heard guys praise the thera-band but I have not tried it.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you seen a medical professional for your issue?
    Preferably someone sports related.
    Sounds like some type of tendonitis with inflammation but I'm not a doctor so I'm just speculating.
    Get it checked out so you can get better.

MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrMakAttack has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    Try doing some forearms curls. Use either barbell or dumbbell curls - focus on getting good 12-15 repetitions. If those muscles are weak then once you strengthen them the pain should get better.
    Really? Forearm curls? That is weird that they would help...I will give it a try though since i hardly ever do them (perhaps that is my problem!). Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Forearm curls as tastan mentioned do work well. I get MAPS (middle aged pullup syndrome) and my elbows are pretty unhappy if I do more than 20 pullups twice a week.

I have also heard guys praise the thera-band but I have not tried it.

Never heard of the theraband...but will look into it. TY.
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Have you seen a medical professional for your issue?
    Preferably someone sports related.
    Sounds like some type of tendonitis with inflammation but I'm not a doctor so I'm just speculating.
    Get it checked out so you can get better.
    Yes, I have seen one and he said I had mild tendonitis...but I think that is when I had an issue with the outside of my elbow being slightly sore. If I try some of the above and other things and it doesn't get better, I'll probably visit the doc again.

*WWG1WGA Crew*
    *MAGA Crew*

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back." - Henry Rollins

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    When doing curls, let your wrist bend back a little (this tip from Arnie himself)

Do high rep 'pump' exercises like Poundstone curls to get blood to the area

Oddly, I found that doing DB flyes with a deep stretch made a big difference to my elbows...

Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xzorroth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't forget inner elbow pain can come from squatting. Fix that by pulling ur elbows back to flex ur traps which puts more weight on ur back then arms. Also might want to widen your grip

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had this same tendinitis happen to me on the lateral side (Lateral epicondylitis) twice over the years as well. Sucks big time. Yours sounds like medial epicondylitis.

For me, my forearms were weak and couldnt handle the demands placed on them (which were way higher than they could handle) Theres some good advice above but wanted to share what really worked for me was doing the wrist roller, and increasing my grip strength with hand grippers. At first the pain was so bad I could only squeeze tennis balls.

After weeks of this, I was able to increase my lifts for bi's but the pain also came in back exercises as well. (anything with forearm involvement). Now I have no issues with my forearms. Hope yours resovles bro.

Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noriki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am exactly the same as OP, using a elbow strap for months too. I still do barbell curl but with lighter weight.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    When doing curls, let your wrist bend back a little (this tip from Arnie himself)

Do high rep 'pump' exercises like Poundstone curls to get blood to the area

Oddly, I found that doing DB flyes with a deep stretch made a big difference to my elbows...
    Interesting...ty, I'll look into changing the way I curl and see if that helps.

Originally Posted by Xzorroth View Post
    Don't forget inner elbow pain can come from squatting. Fix that by pulling ur elbows back to flex ur traps which puts more weight on ur back then arms. Also might want to widen your grip
    Squatting? Weird. Who ever would have thought those two could be linked together????

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    I had this same tendinitis happen to me on the lateral side (Lateral epicondylitis) twice over the years as well. Sucks big time. Yours sounds like medial epicondylitis.

For me, my forearms were weak and couldnt handle the demands placed on them (which were way higher than they could handle) Theres some good advice above but wanted to share what really worked for me was doing the wrist roller, and increasing my grip strength with hand grippers. At first the pain was so bad I could only squeeze tennis balls.

After weeks of this, I was able to increase my lifts for bi's but the pain also came in back exercises as well. (anything with forearm involvement). Now I have no issues with my forearms. Hope yours resovles bro.
    Forearms never hurt and it doesn't hurt to grip a tennis ball...only hurts when curling and is just the inside of my elbow only. May still need to try some forearm exercises since I don't really do any.

Originally Posted by Noriki View Post
    I am exactly the same as OP, using a elbow strap for months too. I still do barbell curl but with lighter weight.

*WWG1WGA Crew*
    *MAGA Crew*

steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000) steve1206 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had elbow issues as well..I have personally found that dumbbells alleviate some or most of the discomfort..more so that barbells