Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking Savyna's workout log

For the month of December 2013, every other day I do:

Dumbbell bench press 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 (but for the past two workouts I've started with 14 and ended with 6)
    Incline push up 10, 8, 6
    Bent over row 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Seated shoulder press 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
    Side step ups off of a plyo box about 18 inches high 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 (I was doing this with about 12.5lb weights for the first 5 sessions but I always felt like I was going to pass out so I just use my body weight. maybe for the last session of this workout cycle I might use the weight with this one)
    Balance ball leg curls 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Dumbbell calf raise (with 12.5lb weight in one hand) 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Negative chin ups 5x8 I'm following that Scoobys be able to do pull ups class, so until I can lower myself down slowly in about a count of 2-3 I do negative chin ups. After I am able to do that within a 2-3 count I move onto 5x8 negative pull ups.
    Jack knife (I get my exercises from exrx.net and their description of the jackknife is a bit different than the one they show in this place's database.) It's 12, 10, 8, 6
    V up, on the exrx site this looks like the jackknife bb has on here. For this it's 10,8,6,4

Sometimes (Like today) I became absentminded during the calf raise and ended up doing 9 on the last set.

I have questions though about how much are you really lifting during exercises. I do deadlifts with dumbbells in my hand. Let's say they are 10 pounds each and I do 10 deadlifts. Am I only deadlifting 10 pounds or am i really deadlifting 20 pounds?
    And what about the dumbbell rows. I feel like this should be super simple to understand but when I log it in here 1 set of one arm dumbbell rows is really when i do it on both sides right? so when it comes to how much i lifted in total, if its 12.5 pounds in one hand and 1 set is both arms, is it really that im lifting 25 pounds?
    Thanks for your help! I should have used this journaling earlier but what I really do is journal in my notebook. I make my workout schedule for the month and then follow it adding notes of my heart rate and calories burned and whatnot. I'm really interested in bodybuilding and want to get into doing bench presses with like a real barbell but so far I don't have anyone to spot me on them and i remember once I tried to do it and the plates fell off (bc I didn't realize i needed a clip at each end to keep them from sliding off haha)

Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    December 23 2013 11:50am to 12:38pm
    Today I did supersets with 12.5 pound dumbbells so it was:
    dumbbell bench press 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 with the last two I waited about 15 seconds between the 8 reps and the 6 reps)
    incline push ups 10, 8, 6

bent over row 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    seated shoulder press 12, 10, 8, 6, 4

step up (with no dumbbell) 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    leg curls 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 (between each set these took me longer because I had to rest longer because during one set I felt so lightheaded like I was about to faint...)

dumbbell calf raise 14, 12, 10, 8, 9
    negative chin ups 5x8

tricep dip (I will have to get a mirror because I dont feel like im lowering down as much as I can/should so far it feel likes im at about 60% to the 90 degree angle that i need to be at) 6,4, 2
    jackknife 12, 10, 8, 6 (after the 8 I went into the v ups)

jackknife 8, 6
    v up 10, 8, 6, 4 from 6 to 4 I guess it was about 20 seconds in between.
    My heartrate monitor said I burned about 413 calories, my average heart rate was 137 and my max was 175 and I was "in the zone" for about 30 minutes.
    After the workout I stretched. Maybe not as long as I should have but I stretched my hams, and abs...but I just realized I hardly (as in didn't) stretch my arms nor calves the way I should have.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When doing DB rows with 12.5lbs it would still be 12.5lbs/hand so it would be 1 set with 12.5 lb
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Originally Posted by WolfBeast View Post
    When doing DB rows with 12.5lbs it would still be 12.5lbs/hand so it would be 1 set with 12.5 lb
    Thanks for the reply. So then it means when I do a deadlift with two 10lbs DB that also still means I'm lifting 10lbs?

December 25 2013
    Being that it is Christmas and last night I was up kind of late that this morning I had a hard time even getting out of bed to workout. And on top of that I had a car that was going to come for me by 12 and by 10 I was still not wanting to get up, but i pushed myself and I did get to workout. I still did supersets but this time I did a warm up with 10# weights for the exercises. So it was
    dumbbell bench press - 1x12
    incline push up - 1x7
    bent over row 1x7
    seated shoulder press 1x6
    step up (with no weight) 1x7
    leg curls 1x7
    dumbbell calf raise 1x7
    negative chin up 1x4
    tricep dip 1x3 (I still haven't put the mirror in a place I can use it to see my form.)
    jackknife 1x6
    V up 1x5

My full workout was with 12.5# dumbbells:
    dumbbell bench press 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
    incline push up 10, 8, 6

bent over row 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    seated shoulder press 12, 10, 8, 6, 4

step up (w/ no weights) 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    leg curls on a balance ball 14, 12, 10, 8, 6

dumbbell calf raise 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 (here I just did it straight through and had maybe 30 seconds between each set. I also alternated whether I had neutral stance, toes pointed inward and toes pointed outward)

chin up 5x8 (I did a set and tried to start the dips and I nearly collapsed. and I kept trying to the point that i just felt sick. So I got a banana and sat and ate it slowly [fighting trying to not vomit]) and sipped water.
    tricep dip 6, 4, 2

jack knife 12, 10, 8, 6 (I did my best for these to contract my abs. It was a bit hard but hopefully with practice I can get better)
    v up 10, 8, 6, 4

I'm wondering if I'm going to start having a banana or something before working out with this fullbody structure because for all of the meetings that I had this month there is one point where I feel extremely lightheaded like I'm going to passout and I have this crazy weird pain in my chest like my heart is beating way past 170 bpm.
    I started at 10:15 and finished at 11:16am. HRM logged 55:15 (when i stopped I pressed pause) and my average heart beat was 128 and the max was 164. Burned 427 calories.
    My macros today (so far) are +- 2309 cals 111 fat 138 protein and 221 carbs. I keep trying to cycle my carbs (but I might have to plan further ahead like this weekend for the upcoming week) so that I can better prepare for lower carb items so I can successfully test carb cycling on myself.

Also I didn't take pics of what I ate, but I see people doing that and it seems fun for journals. But I'll just write a description:

Intraworkout : approx 6in banana
    post workout: 1.5 scoop of body tech pro whey 24 (so it was like 36g of protein)
    Shake: 1 scoop of body tech pro 24 with orac amazing grass green powder. 2T ground flaxseed powder, 1/4 cup of homemade coconut milk, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 4 frozen strawberries, 2T coconut oil. I blend all of that up and have an apple (for now mcintosh apples) on the side to help me feel fuller longer. (macros on that are: 713 cal, 48 fat, 31 protein, 48 carbs)
    Surprise christmas dinner (I didn't realize the place I was going to was actually cooking dinner, i was just expecting to go celebrate then go home but there was food so here goes)
    A sort of medium slice of turkey meat sauce lasanga with a bitty corner piece because I like the crunchy bit. Mashed sweet potatoes, collard greens, 2 bbq chicken wings (and I mean those tiny chicken wings). They offered juice and alcohol but I declined both and stayed with the water. (i'm actually trying to be a teetotaller/not drink anymore because I have such a off/on relationship with alcohol that I'd rather just not have it in my system and to date I've been 40 days clean of drinking. I'm really happy about that.) And juice...well I wasn't that interested, I just really wanted water.
    This dinner is why my cals in total are +- because I definitely didn't cook it and googling it on myfitnesspal and whatnot can't really give all the numbers to a point bc I don't know how much of what she used to cook. however my sister is also a health nut so I'm sure where she could she didn't overdose on butters or anything. Like the sweet potatoes were tasting really natural like she used a dash of honey but not too much. i know nutmeg is in there somewhere.

Well I still feel full and with the protein and fats and carbs im at now I think I'm good for today. And oh, while we played scrabble after dinner I had another piece of chicken wing. It was soooo good, i took nearly all of them home with me but I put them in the fridge for the next few days as snacks haha.

ETA: I had a kinda big slice of pumpkin pie. honestly when I looked in the pan it was cut in 4 and I thought that was the size and then later my sister was like..mia that wasn't the size of the slices. and I was like oh well I didn't know.
    Last edited by Savyna; 12-25-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot the pieeeee

I learned some new words tonight. For the past few days of being active on the forums, I've been seeing this word "mirin" and "chur" and for mirin i was sooo confused because I love cooking Japanese and Chinese food and couldn't figure out what does mirin sauce have to do with the post...is it because its mildly sweet and made of rice...no that couldn't be it. So i finally went and urban dictionary'd it and found out its short for admiring .... As for chur it turns out to be kiwi slang for cheers. good night haha
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159075431 << workout log.

(at some point I'll be putting in like crazy bench, squat, deadlift, clean press numbers here...until then. HI :D )

80/90/125

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IN!

your workouts seem well rounded. are you following a particular program?

you asked a question about deadlifts and calculating weight. with the rows, you just count the weight you lift with one hand, because you do one side at a time, but with deadlifts, it's a whole body movement, so you add up all of the weight you are lifting.

and when you move to the barbell, the standard olympic barbell is 45 pounds. so if you add, two ten pound plates, that would be a total of 65 pounds.

will you be going to a gym or buying a barbell set?

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    IN!

your workouts seem well rounded. are you following a particular program?

you asked a question about deadlifts and calculating weight. with the rows, you just count the weight you lift with one hand, because you do one side at a time, but with deadlifts, it's a whole body movement, so you add up all of the weight you are lifting.

and when you move to the barbell, the standard olympic barbell is 45 pounds. so if you add, two ten pound plates, that would be a total of 65 pounds.

will you be going to a gym or buying a barbell set?
    I actually just went to exrx's website and picked that I wanted to build a WX workout and so they gave a list and links, and from there you pick the exercises you want to do. I prefer making my own workout program because it's more fun and I can tailor it to working out at home.

For now I'm just using a dumbbell set I bought last year and soon I will like to upgrade to higher weights. I want to buy a barbell at some point at well but it would mean I need to also get some type of rack for it bc I will probably not have a spotter in my apartment. However, its also getting small in my room due to other equipment I have here so idk yet if I can get the barbell and powerrack.

(at some point I'll be putting in like crazy bench, squat, deadlift, clean press numbers here...until then. HI :D )

80/90/125

December 26th

Today was a non-workout day but I did get in some activity. I sped walked about 15 blocks trying to run towards a dental appointment. After my appointment I leisurely walked back the same amount of blocks. I was going to walk all the way home (maybe 3-4 miles away) but I just took the bus. Bought groceries and went home.

I got home to find out my sister cooked my eggs so now I have none (I was going to boil some for a snack). -.- So i just decided I was finally going to make homemade chinese dumplings. I had been marinating a pack of ground turkey meat with:

1 extra large egg
    1T sesame oil
    1T soy sauce
    1T shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
    chopped scallions and cabbage
    1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
    ground up fresh ginger
    and idk what else I put..i forgot...oh it was tofu in there as well

I go in there all excited and make the dough (which was made with boiling water so I don't know why I didn't put it together that if I'd have to knead the dough my hands would burn..) then they sat for about 30 minutes. When I rolled them it took a bit but I got into a groove and figured out how to roll them and stuff and I put them on the side (with what I thought was sufficient flour to keep from sticking) however that was not the case. After rolling out about 25-30 skins and using 6, the rest stuck together. I was actually so angry I threw it across the room. It was frustrating to do all that work and then have it go wrong when I needed it the most.

Cooking it: so it was like 1.5 pounds of ground turkey..one of those small packs from Shadybrook Farms. I took those six homemade skins and 7 from the premade storebought skin and put little dollops of the meat into it. I decided to fry 3 of the homemade and 3 of the store and boil 3 of the homemade and 3 of the store to see the difference. Whilst all of that was going on I took like 4 leaves of cabbage, a handfull of snow peas and 1 baby bok choi and had them steaming in just water. Anyways, long story short. the dumplings were just s--ty but I didn't want to waste the meat so I just picked the meat balls out essentially and ate them and the veggies and called it a day with that meal. I did eat some of the skin to taste it but it was so bland...I will try again at some point, maybe I need to season the flour before I make it a dough with some salt or something. I think I ate maybe 4-5 oz of the turkey meat (or that could be an over estimation or an underestimation...I dont always like to weigh food, I find it annoying and too tedious so I just eyeball those types of things).

Anyways, around 10ish I will wind down and have a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese 2% milkfat and call it a day. With that in mind that gives me +-1378 cal (I wasn't wearing a HRM so idk how much I burned if anything during that sprint up the 15-20 blocks), 60g of fat, 130g of protein, 96g of carbs. All of that I guess can be sort of here or there bc I didn't measure the bok choi or the snow peas.

And I had like 8 glasses of water.
    --
    ETA. I forgot to add an ingredient to what I ate before the dentist visit. So it's now +- 1448 cals, 66g of fat, 133g of protein, 100g of carbs. I guess this can count as a low carb day??? haha.
    Last edited by Savyna; 12-26-2013 at 05:16 PM.

80/90/125

December 27th (thus far)

I woke up and felt extremely lightheaded, some sort of phantom headache and just mild dizziness (as well as nausea). Today was a workout day but I felt horrible. I stood up and blacked out for like 2 seconds and was just lying there like ugghhhh come onnnn. I did weigh in though and lost about 1.8 pounds or whatever (well a pound + the water weight I gained from last week's business) so now I'm at 197. This workout that I put together really seems to be working for me because for the past 4 weeks (the amount of time I've been doing this) I've consistently lost weight however I just feel extremely tired whilst doing it, losing weight doesn't seem to be worth it to be standing in the middle of the exercise wanting to fall over. For January I'm probably going to change it to something else. I did 3x8 negative chin ups and found a mirror to check my form on the tricep dips and did about 3x5-6. I also did some balance games on the Wii Fit for about 10 minutes. I began to feel better after an hour of eating the banana and drinking some water. So I guess today's journal is gonna focus more on food.

Trying to feel better 10:30am
    6in banana, 1 cup of water

Tasty breakfast food 11:50ish
    3 extra large eggs with seasonings (salt pepper etc)
    3 strips of turkey bacon
    ketchup!!! (i love ketchup)
    1.5 american cheese slices. (or so because i actually scrambled 4 eggs and i took about 75% and gave the rest of it to mom)

Moar food 2pm or so:
    1/2 cup of aunt jemima pancake mix 1.5 scoop of body tech pro 24 whey
    approx. 1/3 whole milk
    1 extra large egg
    1T coconut oil
    Mixed this all together and began to heat up a small pan with a pat of butter and began making the pancakes. It made about 4. Slathered them in a little more butter and put some organic 100% maple syrup on it. I was soooo excited because they smelled good. I sat down, the stuff was dry as hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll omg. And I kept putting syrup and it wasn't working omg. I grabbed a cup of milk to wash them down with. ...idk but I thought I was a good cook but this and the dumplings last night make me question that haha. I need some water. I'll come back and write more if I do anything later and/or decide to track the food I ate today.
    Last edited by Savyna; 12-27-2013 at 12:46 PM.

80/90/125

So, as the day progressed I relaxed and watched tv with mom. I cleaned my room a bit because I thought I'd have company over later. Instead she offered that we go to the movies first. So around 6:40 I left to meet her there. We saw Anchorman 2 (it was an alright movie). I ate those slider dogs (so it was 4 mini hot dogs, I put ketchup on them, then ate them haha) I didn't eat all of the buns though because they were hard/stale tasting. I got a medium size drink which turns out to be a litre. It was coca cola and fruit punch mixed together. By the end of the movie I was bloated and felt sick. She decided to come home with me for a bit (yay fun times with a friend at home) so she picked up her dinner and she ate it in my room. (I had none bc at that point I was pretty much just farting and burping the gas I had...not too lady like but couldn't stay in so I dealt with it, she was a great sport whilst I was doing that and had no problems with me then spraying the air bc I knew they smelled atrocious...but enough about my gas, journal). She taught me how to play Go Fish, BS, and Slapjack. And I won all of the games we played together. I had a good time. A lot of times I'm antisocial so when i do decide to do something with someone else I'm happy to be able to have that experience. After reading a Chinese children's book and a Spanish children's book together she packed up and headed home, not before giving me the carousel hug (she can pick me up and twirl me around...its so exciting.) I want to be able to pick her up and do the same for her as well but she's about 300 pounds and I'm not there in terms of lifting yet. I think today I'm not going to track in terms of macros but I listed everything I ate and drank and I had a fun time so yay for that.

I know this is supposed to be a workout journal but I figure I might as well talk about life stuff too since I decided to journal about my food intake and whatnot for today.

80/90/125

No work out today, I just sped walked around running errands and getting my hair done. Here's what I ate:

1:40pm
    2 scoops body tech pro whey
    1 scoop of the orac amazing grass green powder (those two shaken together)
    1 155g McIntosh apple
    1 banana about 6in

All together was about 438 cals 3g fat, 52g of protein, 61g of carbs.

Now I had an appointment at 3:30 for my hair. I thought my drink would be enough to hold me because I figured I'd be done by 5. Instead I didn't leave by 7ish -.-

I wanted some tasty foods for dinner so this is what I had:
    1 slice of pizza (not reheated just eaten OG cold haha)
    Then-
    All the cheesy bits of the spaghetti mom had
    Lastly-
    2 pieces of bbq chicken
    1 plantain slice
    Macaroni pie
    and like 3 forkfulls of rice.

I had some fresh squeezed orange juice. Maybe 16oz or so.

I got a free pass for a gym tour today so I plan to use it tomorrow. Do my regular routine plus some extra things that I usually can't do in the house (deadlifts with a barbell being one of them, and try to do a little bench press).
    Last edited by Savyna; 12-28-2013 at 06:28 PM.

80/90/125

December 29 2013 - Sunday

Around 1pm I told mom I'm going to go to the gym within 2 hours. So she says oh, maybe I'll go with you so I can get fresh air too and sit in the Dunkin Donuts next door while you're in there. Then she proceeds to go cook, make tea and walk around in a bathrobe. Something told me while I'm waiting might as well work out in my room for a bit. So I began with

5x8 BW Negative pull ups
    3x5 BW tricpep dips (with a mirror in front of me to check my form.) I googled and found out that I might not be doing tricep dips but more like chest dips because I'm leaning too far forward. So I tried then to do it with my head straight and my back more straight and I was lowering myself down and was like nooooo much pain. So I'm going to continue working with the mirror to check my form and even if its just 3 I'd rather do 3 with correct form than 3 without the full range of motion (but that full range is pretty difficult at the moment).

After that I did 3 hanging leg raises (knees to the chest version). I held it for maybe 20 seconds each (I wasn't really doing it to do it, I just did it because I was bored). Then I sat on the floor to practice my L-Sit (it's one of my goals to be able to do an L-sit). So far I can lift my butt off the ground but not my legs yet. I did the lifting for about 30 seconds each 2-3 times. With the last 2 being me tucking my butt more in...and that's when it felt painful/difficult so I just stopped.

At this point I realized with the rain going on and mom saying "Oh, Mia you know that's a storrrrrrrrrrrrrrm out there" (aka I dont really wanna be outside in that rain mia) that I should just do my workout at home and save the trial pass for Tuesday. So this is what I did.

4:10pm - 5:11pm
    Dumbbell bench press 12.5# 5x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 supersetting with incline push up 10, 8, 6
    Bent over one armed row 15# 5x 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Seated shoulder press 10# 5x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
    Step up 10# 5x 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 (I had to go slow with these bc I guess its the length of the muscle or something but whenever it comes to quads I always get mega tired)
    Calf raise 10# This is where I did something different. I only did 3 sets but within each set I did the same amount of repetitions with neutral stance, toes in and toes outward so it was 3x 14, 14, 14, 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 10 (They were burning after this)
    Instead of going on to the pull ups (since I already did them) I decided to switch it up by working out my shins. Which I just found out is called tibialis anterior. So the same concept of 3 sets with each one set working with my toes pointed neutrally, toes in, toes pointed out. I just stood on the floor and lifted my foot until I felt a deep contraction and a burning sensation (like you were tapping along to music) and did it for 3x 20, 20, 20 (each set was with 20 taps). I had to focus on going more slower than I had automatically wanted to lift my foot and the music i was listening to wasn't helping...it was one of Earth, Wind and Fire's albums.
    Planks. I did 3 sets to failure. the first one I got to a count of 75 and felt mega accomplished because usually I can't get passed 40-55 without wanting to shoot someone. The second one was maybe 45. (I wondered if I should have rested longer than a count of 60) and the last set I got passed 60 when I wobbled to the floor.

After collapsing I decided to do an old yoga pose that targets the back. I forgot the name but it kind of looks like you're flying like Superman. You squeeze yourself up focusing especially on squeezing your back and I held 3 sets for about 40 seconds each and I called it a day.

I decided not to wear my HRM but I think it was a good workout and I definitely felt my heart pumping hard during certain exercises (I'm looking at you mr. step up). Overall happy with this workout and glad I pushed past my lazy bones to do.

I wanted to cook tonight's dinner (like a chicken breast and a crazy ton of veggies and maybe a little brown rice) but my mom keeps asking me when I'm going to go shopping for the groceries, when am I gonna cook, and that she doesn't mind if we order from the Indian restaurant. So I may just get my groceries and order out. Will edit with that later.

80/90/125

I did end up ordering out last night. My dish came with rice but I instead loaded up on approximately 8pz of chicken tikka makhani (made sure to try and get more chicken than a bunch of sauce), and vegetables. They cook it in a lot of gravy and curry so I don't know how healthy it is but I felt full. I thought if I didn't eat the rice I'd feel hungry but I felt fine. At 11 I had a cup of cottage cheese then tucked in for the night with my Sunday overnight episode of CSI:Miami. Today so far my calves and thighs are sore. Looks like a good thing I did with the calf workout to vary it like that. And my i think my thighs are sort because I used a weight as well as after grocery shopping I took about 30-35 pounds up the stairs to my apartment. It was walking normally, then facing the right and going up sideways, then facing the left and going up sideways and lastly walking upstairs backwards. It was fun. I feel like doing yoga soon to stretch my body out.

80/90/125

December 30th 2013 - Monday

It was an off day today so I just did some yoga to stretch it out for about 40 minutes. It felt really good.

First meal: 1 small dark red grapefruit, banana, mcintosh apple, 1 scoop protein and 1 scoop of amazing grass green powder.

Second meal: 2 oz raw cashews, 1 oz of green raisins, raspberry ketones pill, 1.5 scoop of protein powder

Third meal: 57g of floridian avocado, 5 oz of grilled chicken breast, 150g (raw measurement) broccoli, 60g (raw measurement) kale. Pic below.

So many veggies I almost couldn't make through it all. But I did.

Up to now I've had 8 cups of water. Since it's early I'll probably have 2 more and that's it.

Before bed I'll have the 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. So my macros are +- 1337 cal (seems kinda low...maybe I'll eat something else/drink protein with the cottage cheese) 41g of fat, 140g of protein, 141g of carbs.

80/90/125

Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tairyokuu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    MMMM that looks good! Keep up the good work!
    10 Weeks out for the USAPL Boss of Norcal 3 Powerlifting Meet |||------|||

Instagram: @sassy_quadz
    Snap Chat: Powerbunni
    #Sassyquadz #Sassypowerlifter #Monkaymuscle #830Crewcheckin
    Bay Area, CA

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168597173

Originally Posted by Tairyokuu View Post
    MMMM that looks good! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks will do. I enjoyed cooking that chicken breast. And I did end up having a glass of whole fat milk with the cottage cheese. I look forward to my CC before bed.

80/90/125

December 31st 2013

5x8 Negative BW pull ups superset with about 5x3-5 better formed tricep dips
    BW 3x10 step ups
    10# 3x30 Calf raises with 10 being neutral toes, 10 pointed outward and 10 inward with no break shifting between those three. About a 30 second rest between each set
    3x10 balance ball leg curls. 30 second rest between each set
    3x10 incline push up
    (and this is where I started losing interest during the workout and so I did like 2 sets of 10 reps of bent over rows and when I was gonna do a 3rd set, I stopped after 2 reps and was like woop finished)
    ---

At this point I had decided to be finished working out. It was about 30 minutes to do this. Later I might do the tibialis anterior exercises and maybe 3 supermans for my back and 3 planks and that's it.

Happy New Year!
    ---

I just had dinner. It was again a big heaping of greens and a chicken breast skinless grilled in my George Foreman. I marinated the chicken breasts in 1 tbsp of sesame oil, about 1 tsp of Goya Sazonador Total, a pinch of cumin powder, honey...wait im having a bit of deja vu, maybe I already mentioned this haha but when it was time to cook i took about 1.5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to marinade the chicken with, it doesn't really stay on because it pours right out on that grill but it still has a hint of it on the skin and it's really good.

I guess in another 20 or so minutes I'll do the rest of the workout I didn't do before, maybe including some rows and arnold presses.
    Last edited by Savyna; 12-31-2013 at 05:24 PM.

80/90/125

January 1st 2014

Off day, was going to do yoga but I ended up relaxing, cooking and reading, so I'll just journal my meals

Meal 1
    1.5 scoop of body tech pro 24

Meal 2 (about 1 hour later or so)
    1.5 scoop of body tech pro 24
    1 scoop orac amazing grass
    1 small grapefruit
    1 small apple
    1 6in banana

Meal 3 (maybe 2 hours or so later)
    2 oz of raw cashews
    1 28g box of del monte raisins

Meal 4
    5.8oz of grilled skinless chicken breast
    65g (raw count) of kale
    3/4 cup of cooked brown rice (felt like having something carby at dinner)
    Treat!! some egg potato salad about 3oz

Wee dessert: some flan I cooked. I more or less hit my protein target for the day, kinda went over the carb count, extremely low in the fat category so I'm not gonna have the cottage cheese tonight.

Tomorrow is my workout day. I'm gonna sleep early so that I can get up early and do the workout with energy. I want to throw in some deadlifts, so I hope i can remember to do so.

And about yesterday, I never did the supermans, or the planks. I instead just practiced the l sit stuff.

I saw this vid on youtube.

I know some are all like outperforming athletes blah blah blah but i think besides that, her vid is a great showing of strength and I think it's awesome. Very inspirational for me. Hope to be able to do handstand push ups someday.

Well on the subject:

I don't know if it will be this year but my bodyweight calisthenic goals are
    1. perform a pull up and a chin up unassisted
    2. perform an l-sit on the floor (bc I don't have parallel bars)
    3. Handstand haha
    I'll do my best to practice to do them but even if it's not this year I will keep at it, I know at someee point I'll get it.

ETA: Had some fun playing on the floor doing some supermans and my tibialis anterior exercises. I also did 2 20sec or so "working-on-my-l-sits". Also I learned how to embed videos on this sit haha.

In this vid this is me trying to do some clapping push ups. Can't wait to get better at them.
    Last edited by Savyna; 01-01-2014 at 08:13 PM.

80/90/125

January 2nd 2013

I was going to wear my HRM and listen to some tunes but being that I don't have an arm band the tunes in my earphones kinda started just getting annoying and falling out of my ear. Then my HRM started conking out. I've had it for a little over 2 years now and I guess even though Polar is a great brand, it's reaching the end of it's life. To replace the monitor and strap alone costs nearly the same as just buying a new watch set so I'm either going to buy a new one or just get used to the idea that if I exercise consistently and you know sweat for over 30 minutes, I should be fine. When I was 16-17 and saw the doc saying I'm bordering morbidly obese (according to the BMI thing) all I did was do workout tapes and eat differently, I didn't count calories, I didn't count what calories I was burning, I just did what I thought was healthy (I did a lot of kickboxing tapes and ab tapes and yoga) and in terms of food I ate more fruits, veggies, and made my portions smaller...I believe I also had more protein and cut back on treats. Anyways, onto the workout for today (which I almost didn't do but was glad I did).

10am to 11:18am
    Pre-workout - water
    Intra-workout - 1 piece of green tea almond nougat
    Post-workout - 1.5 scoop of body tech pro 24 whey

Dumbbell bench press 15# with the first 3 reps superset with incline push ups. So it was
    12 ---- 10
    10 ---- 8
    8 ---- 6
    Finishing with 10# DB bench press trying to go towards failure but I decided to stop at 20 reps
    Shoulder press 10# 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
    Dumbbell rows 15# 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Step up 10# 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Balance ball leg curls 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Negative pull ups 2x8
    Negative pull ups superset with tricep dips
    8 --- 3
    8 --- 3
    8 --- 3

Now whilst doing the last tricep dip I heard a crunch! I do them on a powertower. I don't have powertools so I did my best to tighten all the bolts to prevent from a wobbly station but I heard that crunch/crack and i jumped the freak off of that thing. I looked at the floor trying to see if something got under one of the legs that once I was lowering myself down would crunch it but I didn't so I just went to the kitchen and did them there. There are banisters in the kitchen (idk why but there are) and they're set kind of far apart, but they make keeping my body upright easier so I did 3 and then left.

My version of V ups and jackknifes superset together.
    10 --- 10
    8 --- 8
    6 --- 6
    10 --- 10
    8 --- 8
    6 ---6

I still had energy so I figured it wouldn't heart to throw in 2 supermans (I like feeling the burn in my back...can only hope that means I'm shaping up those muscles back there haha.
    Superman x2 about 30 seconds each. I threw in an extra one where with arms extended I count to 20, then brought my elbows to my sides slowly for about 20 seconds, then extended back out for 20 seconds then called it a day. That was at 11:11. Once I was finished I stretched. And really stretched, not my usually 2 seconds one two legs and thats it. My thing for this year is even if I don't always exercise that I stretch. I used to be mega flexible, doing splits, mega awesome at body foldovers in yoga etc, but then I got older, got out of the hobby and find myself stiff as a board. So last night while in bed I just stretched my legs while reading on my ipad. After my workout I did some hip flexor stretches, hamstring stretches, calf stretches, ab stretch, then arm stretch and that was about 5 minutes and I felt good afterwards.
    Last edited by Savyna; 01-02-2014 at 09:00 AM.

80/90/125

January 3rd 2014

The month of December was really good to me. I got into the groove with figuring out a workout schedule that helped me lose weight as well as a calorie deficit that was working as well. Today isn't a workout day but I had my weigh in. And got to 195.6 pounds. My BB goal is 195, so to me I feel like I hit my first goal! Because my lady business will be starting soonish within the next 2 weeks I figured that I might want to take progression photos now instead of later because of bloating and general ickyness. At first I wasn't sure if there was much of a difference but if I looked without being judgmental of myself I could see a slight change in my tummy and side, so I'm happy about that. My back is kind of sore today I think because I finally took the superman exercises serious. Hopefully in no time my back will look awesome-er. Fridays (and sometimes Saturdays) are the days where I am more loose with what I eat. Nothing overboard, but not as strict either. I may get on the floor and stretch/do yoga after my first meal does a little digesting.

Here's the pics. About my back photo...right before the timer went off I had rounded it a bit. I took it for fun as well as the bicep photo. I was really sleepy in that photo. Honestly I hardly slept because I was nervous for today's weigh in. That's a bit strange for me.

Here is the August 31st photo:

And this is today:

I wore the same clothes so it would be easier to see any differences (if there were any).
    Meal 1
    2 jumbo eggs scrambled soft with 1 slice of Kraft american cheese
    3 strips of turkey bacon
    seasoning (some adobo and black pepper for the eggs)
    ketchup at the end (not too much but not a dot either...just less than I normally used to put...as I get older I put less ketchup on it)

80/90/125

gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaonmymind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1337 is very low for macros I cut on 2000 calories.
    Bodybuilding.com Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159175351
    Youtube: Glutesglory
    Instagram: GlutesOfGlory
    Twitter: GlutesOfGlory

Originally Posted by gaonmymind View Post
    1337 is very low for macros I cut on 2000 calories.
    Which day were you referring to? I was using that myfitnesspal thing and it said I was eating about 1800 calories or so per day. Usually before food and working out the macros I set out for are: 2194 cals, 98g of fat, 137g of protein and 192g of carbs. Usually I'm able to hit the protein target and am usually either under or over with the carbs and fats and after all of that I'm right under the 2194.

After checking though Sunday and Monday I was at 1385 and1377 respectively, Tuesday at 1453, Wednesday at 1804, Thursday at 1456.Friday the 27th I was at 2168, the 28th at 2016. Some days I don't eat as much but for the most part I'm always above 1500 cals.

This is the diary http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/dia...ate=2014-01-01 I think you should be able to see it if you'd like. In case you wanted to give advice or something.

80/90/125

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wow you can handle some super low carbs!

you have definitely made progress with body recomp since august. good for you!

i love that video you posted of the 17 year old performing all of those strength feats. she's awesome. and i love your video of your first hand clap push up attempt!

are there any affordable gyms in your area? because if you can swing it, i think a gym would be really good for you. you have a lot of heart and i think you would feel happier if you could work with barbell and heavier weights in general.

do you cook for your mom? i cook for my husband and kids and am starting to treat it like with some serious respect. i am nourishing their bodies, and am trying to take pride in what i cook for them. good on you, if you are doing this for your mom.

just checkin in to see how you're doing.

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    wow you can handle some super low carbs!

you have definitely made progress with body recomp since august. good for you!

i love that video you posted of the 17 year old performing all of those strength feats. she's awesome. and i love your video of your first hand clap push up attempt!

are there any affordable gyms in your area? because if you can swing it, i think a gym would be really good for you. you have a lot of heart and i think you would feel happier if you could work with barbell and heavier weights in general.

do you cook for your mom? i cook for my husband and kids and am starting to treat it like with some serious respect. i am nourishing their bodies, and am trying to take pride in what i cook for them. good on you, if you are doing this for your mom.

just checkin in to see how you're doing.
    Thanks for checking in! I wish I could get a gym membership but honestly I am between jobs right now and have just a little bit saved to get me by. And even with that I was thinking I might use it to help my mother get some dentures (I kinda feel like it's my mission to help her with her health so sometimes I teach her some 50+ exercises she can do with an exercise band and we have fun together). I was thinking to get a new dumbbell set and maybe a small barbell trying to either build a powerrack or try and ghetto use my powertower's tricep area as a rack for the barbell if I can't hold it anymore (but just looking at it it doesn't seem like that could work...unless I use some kitchen chairs on books). Maybe within the next 3 months I'll get a job and able to pay for a membership, or get it as a gift haha (my birthday is in May) so you never know haha. And about the carbs (assuming you checked the diary) I kind of don't feel any different with either low carbs or high carbs. I do notice a change in my body with lower fats though (gross part) when I was eating pretty low fat and higher carbs for about 3 days this week I noticed a change in my poop. I read that fat is good for your BMs so thats why yesterday I did my best to intake more good fatty oils.

Thanks again for stopping by, nice to see someone here so it's not like I'm always just talking to myself haha.

80/90/125

And yes, I do cook for my mother a lot but for the past two days my younger sister decided she'd help too. Haha. Such a nice surprise.

80/90/125

January 3rd 2013 Meals! (it was sooo good)

Meal 1
    2 jumbo eggs
    3 strips of everyday turkey bacon
    ketchup
    banana
    water

Meal 2
    Dry roasted peanuts 1oz
    raw cashews .8 oz
    28g of del monte raisins

Meal 3*
    McChicken Sandwich w/o bun (some lettuce and mayo still left on top)
    Ketchup packet from McD
    water

Meal 4
    160g/5.6oz grilled chicken breast (it was kinda dry because I had to cook it for so long to not be raw inside...it was over 300g in raw weight)
    300g of homemade mac and cheese! (it was sooooo tasty)
    155g of kale boiled/steamed with no salt
    Dessert: about .75 serving of my homemade flan.
    Water

That last meal was awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Ugh it felt so good to eat a bunch of mac and cheese. haha

Macros:
    80g of fat
    105g of protein
    186g of carbs

(I have to remember what each g of fat, protein and carbs equal to because I keep forgetting)...maybe I can google now (googling) Ok, so it's 9-4-4 with 9 calories in one g of fat and 4 calories each in 1g of protein and 1g of carbs. so let me work on some simple mental math and compute how many calories I ate
    80x9 = 720
    105x4 = 520
    186x4 = 744
    Total = 1984
    But 105x4 is 420 (I superimposed the 5 for the 4 at the end) so the total really is 1884
    My MFP says I consumed : 2057

*About that McDonald's meal. After I ate it I felt mega crappy. I think I won't get McD for a while now haha.
    Have a good weekend everyone~*~*

Oh, I played in the snow today, it was really beautiful and I made snow angels too. It was awesome.

80/90/125

January 4, 2014

Last night I kept being woken up (sister stuff) but I finally got to sleep only to wake up at 9:30 knowing that if I didn't work out soon enough I wouldn't have time before class. I hardly had any energy to do it though but I did my best. It was about 10:30 to 11:15.

Dumbbell bench press 15# 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
    Incline push up 10, 8, 6
    Bent over row 15# 14, 12, 12, 10, 8
    Shoulder press 12.5# 12, 10, 8, 6
    Step up (with BW) 14, 12, 10
    Calf raise BW (much easier with the bw ...or my legs have gotten stronger) it was 3x30
    I didn't feel like getting on the floor for leg curls so I did some 30# deadlifts 2x10 (this is when the energy started to wane)
    2x30sec planks
    Messing around with superman and I finished here.
    ---
    When I got back home I did 4x8 negative pulldowns.

Food:

Pre-workout - Water
    Intra-workout - Taiwanese Almond nougat (green tea flavor)
    Post- workout - 1.5 scoop of body tech pro whey

Meal 1
    2 jumbo eggs scrambled with a slice of american cheese
    1/2 cup of oats cooked
    1 tbsp of coconut oil to go on top of it all

Meal 2
    1oz of dry roasted unsalted peanuts
    1.5 scoop of body tech pro whey 24
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 7g scoop of the ORAC amazing grass powder

Meal 3
    Spicy cumin lamb burger from Xi'an Famous Foods

Meal 4
    Taro with sago in coconut milk (a dessert)

I'm thinking I should call it a night there but I kind of still feel peckish, so far the macros are about (+- because the database has no clue about the calories in the lamb burger from this particular store) fat - 104g, protein - 136g, carbs - 111g. (+- 936, 544, 444 = 1924 ...my goal is to strengthen my mental math skills so yeah)

What I'm thinking of eating is some mac and cheese haha. We'll see what happens within the next hour.
    ---
    So I went and had a crazy ton of mac and cheese, old chicken that was fried yesterday that my sister cooked (that literally had too little thigh meat in it) ketchup packets, a dish of the rest of the flan, and a 16oz bottle of kombucha in lavender flavor. I felt fine right after chowing down but now I feel super sick -.- ugh. last mega meal like this for like 2 months or something hehe.
    Last edited by Savyna; 01-04-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: moar food!

80/90/125

Update about Jan 4th

Unsure if it was because of the eating spree or mainly due to the kombucha but as I mentioned earlier I felt super sick, well that sick feeling turned into extreme bloating and stinky fart issues. I kept thinking maybe if I just fart it out I'd be ok but eventually when I tried to sleep I realized it wasn't. I just got back from nearly 20 minutes in the bathroom with stuff coming out one way and threatening to come out the other way as well. It was a moment on the lips eatgasmic experience only to give me 5+ hours of grief and pain. That bathroom sess helped loads though. I now feel comfortable enough to sleep. I wonder if it was the Mac and cheese or the cold fried bits of cornstarch or what that set this off but I don't wanna go through with it again. Oo I just realized I ate custard too. The custard might not have agreed with the fried stuff. Who knows.

80/90/125

January 5th 2014 - Sunday

Woke up with the same overnight issues and this time my stomach was making crazy rolling thunder noises. All i did today was speed walk around the trainstations and walk around a convention center. For the most part of the day I felt like I was on the verge of throwing up so I hardly wanted to eat. It was sooo not cool.

Meal 1
    2 jumbo eggs scrambled with 1 slice american cheese
    1/2 cup of oats
    1 tbsp of coconut oil

Meal 2
    1oz of raw cashews
    Hi-Chew candy - Cherry flavor

Meal 3
    2 jumbo eggs scrambled with 1 slice american cheese
    one serving of grits
    some creamed spinach my sister had cooked
    some beer battered tilapia

Meal 4 (anticipated)
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1 tbsp peanut butter (someone said that tastes good together...im curious)

That's pretty much it for today.
    --
    ETA. Oh the macros: 104g of fat, 107g of protein, 118g of carbs. So that's like +-1836
    Last edited by Savyna; 01-05-2014 at 07:58 PM.

80/90/125