Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5341
    jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stronguy91 View Post
    [img]http://emotibot.net/pix/7538.gif[img]
    Did you even buy ORAS? Never seen you play it brah.

Originally Posted by jaybc View Post
    Hatched a pentagon natty shiny charmander! IVs are 31/31/7/31/31/31. Defense is sort of poverty but I'm going to use him anyway. the rest of his stats are max IV and he's a good nature.

100% natty transformation. U mirin pokesthetics? #bb100Kchallenge

mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thinking about testing out a team finally, probably have in mind, probably going to set up with SR/Spikes Ferrothorn and Spore Breloom with Rock Tomb for Fire switches, then have Hyper Voice Altaria with Excadrill spamming Rock Slide.

Could probably sub in Hydreigon with Flash Cannon if I notice a fair amount of Fairy types on their side and maybe Rotom-W

Thoughts?
    stuff that should go here

Pokemon X/Alpha Sapphire FC: 3411 1573 2662
    . Friend Name: dr. no gf
    . IGN: sik knt
    Brave Frontier ID: 5839179040 (Cloud)

stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you even buy ORAS? Never seen you play it brah.
    yea i got it, beat it and everything, go online but my friends list is empty so i stopped playing lol...do i need to do something so u guys show up?
    ***Misc Strength Crew***
    1k+

jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000)
    FKN lmao, Slappy VGC would be your format. Your rockslide shenanigans would pay off majory. But as far as MFC, we don't really do that anymore. I would be down for it, but I think Jason, Dai, and I are the only ones that play these days and we stick to battle spot for the most part.

100% natty transformation. U mirin pokesthetics? #bb100Kchallenge
    Mirin dat dere transformation, and dat dere move set. Sun boosted Overheat is fkn scary chit .Sometimes just when I think I have a game won cause I know I can take a heatwave, I'll get nuked by an overheat lol.

Originally Posted by mistafista69 View Post
    Thinking about testing out a team finally, probably have in mind, probably going to set up with SR/Spikes Ferrothorn and Spore Breloom with Rock Tomb for Fire switches, then have Hyper Voice Altaria with Excadrill spamming Rock Slide.

Could probably sub in Hydreigon with Flash Cannon if I notice a fair amount of Fairy types on their side and maybe Rotom-W

Thoughts?
    Is this for singles or doubles? It sounds pretty solid for a singles team. In my opinion special altaria isn't the greatest for singles though, you could consider the dragon dance set. If it's for doubles the special Altaria set works better, but you probably don't want to worry about setting up rocks/hazards with fero in that case, but he is still a really solid Pokemon.

A really good bulky offensive set for doubles is 252Hp/204attk/52 sp. deff , Brave nature with a move set of protect, leech seed, power whip, and gyro ball. It's bulky enough to take hits, and has enough attack investment to OHKO standard Rotom-Wash with power whip and standard Sylveon with Gyro ball. Gyro ball is also severely hurting most frail/speedy attackers, OHKO'ing things like Gengar. A lot of people think Ferro is just fodder because of its tendency to only set up, but it has a really good offensive presence as well that can surprise people. It can essentially win you matches in the late game on its own if your opponents checks to it, like fire Pokemon, are taken care of. Also, with a rocky helmet you can switch into Kangas fake outs and take it down to 50 percent HP because of rocky helmet/iron barbs recoil.

As for Hydreigon, the set kind of depends what meta this is for. In doubles/VGC I personally ran a choice set with Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power. Sylveon runs rampant, and if you can predict a switch in, it's 2 hit KO'd by specs flash cannon. Fire blast seems to be the more common move, but I don't really see any use for it. The three common grass types are Amoongus, Breloom, and Ludicolo. Amoongus is annoying, but a specs draco is enough to take care of it. Breloom is gonna kill you with mach punch before you even attack, and Ludicolo isn't weak to fire because of its duel water typing. Then you have earth power for Heatran, Mawile, and Bisharp. You're always going to be walled by Azu though, so make sure you have a check to that, like ferrothorn. The Ferro/Hydreigon/Gengar core is one I used and liked a lot.
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-06-2015 at 03:46 PM.

mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistafista69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jake11texas View Post
    Is this for singles or doubles? It sounds pretty solid for a singles team. In my opinion special altaria isn't the greatest for singles though, you could consider the dragon dance set. If it's for doubles the special Altaria set works better, but you probably don't want to worry about setting up rocks/hazards with fero in that case, but he is still a really solid Pokemon.

A really good bulky offensive set for doubles is 252Hp/204attk/52 sp. deff , Brave nature with a move set of protect, leech seed, power whip, and gyro ball. It's bulky enough to take hits, and has enough attack investment to OHKO standard Rotom-Wash with power whip and standard Sylveon with Gyro ball. Gyro ball is also severely hurting most frail/speedy attackers, OHKO'ing things like Gengar. A lot of people think Ferro is just fodder because of its tendency to only set up, but it has a really good offensive presence as well that can surprise people. It can essentially win you matches in the late game on its own if your opponents checks to it, like fire Pokemon, are taken care of. Also, with a rocky helmet you can switch into Kangas fake outs and take it down to 50 percent HP because of rocky helmet/iron barbs recoil.

As for Hydreigon, the set kind of depends what meta this is for. In doubles/VGC I personally ran a choice set with Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power. Sylveon runs rampant, and if you can predict a switch in, it's 2 hit KO'd by specs flash cannon. Fire blast seems to be the more common move, but I don't really see any use for it. The three common grass types are Amoongus, Breloom, and Ludicolo. Amoongus is annoying, but a specs draco is enough to take care of it. Breloom is gonna kill you with mach punch before you even attack, and Ludicolo isn't weak to fire because of its duel water typing. Then you have earth power for Heatran, Mawile, and Bisharp. You're always going to be walled by Azu though, so make sure you have a check to that, like ferrothorn. The Ferro/Hydreigon/Gengar core is one I used and liked a lot.
    I was probably gonna try and attempt doubles format, the Hydreigon I have is:

Dark Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor
    Modest - 252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe

That's good advice on the trade-offs between Fire Blast and Earth Power, will make that adjustment. With the M-Altaria, I was going to lead with it along with my Excadrill, since Hyper Voice is STAB, gains 30% damage from Pixilate, and hits all opposing Pokémon. My Excadrill has the Air Balloon, but I think I might want to change that out, he's there so he can flinch-sack with Rock Slide or deal big damage with Earthquake. He also has Rapid Spin in case the opponent is trying to set up, and Shadow Claw to finish off the build.

I will probably make a new Ferrothorn, my current one is just for hazard set up. Would Gengar be a good supplement to my current roster? The one I have is:

Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Timid - 252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe - Life Orb

jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000) jake11texas is just really nice. (+1000)

Dark Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor

That's good advice on the trade-offs between Fire Blast and Earth Power, will make that adjustment. With the M-Altaria, I was going to lead with it along with my Excadrill, since Hyper Voice is STAB, gains 30% damage from Pixilate, and hits all opposing Pokémon. My Excadrill has the Air Balloon, but I think I might want to change that out, he's there so he can flinch-sack with Rock Slide or deal big damage with Earthquake. He also has Rapid Spin in case the opponent is trying to set up, and Shadow Claw to finish off the build.

I will probably make a new Ferrothorn, my current one is just for hazard set up. Would Gengar be a good supplement to my current roster? The one I have is:

Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

If a fast rockslide for flinches/spread damage is what you're going for, you might want to consider Terrakion or Aerodactyl. Both are in a much faster speed teir, and get STAB on rockslides, making them hit exceptionally harder. Exadrill is not a bad Poke, but the lack of speed (unless you scarf) and STAB on rockslide make it a lot less effective in this format. And EQ is a lot less spamable in doubles. I'm not saying you can't use him, I'm just saying there may be some slightly better options. Aero also gets tailwind support. Hazards are a lot less of an issue in doubles. I can honestly say I've never seen one person attempt to set up rocks or even webs so far in VGC doubles. The matches are just too short. It's not like Smogon where a spinner or defogger is mandatory.

As for Gengar, it's still one of the best pokes in singles as well as doubles. It's so versatile, you can't really go wrong with it. So yes, it would definitely be a good addition to your team. The move set is fine, but protect is always good in doubles, especially on a frail Pokemon like Gengar.

jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000) jaybc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea i got it, beat it and everything, go online but my friends list is empty so i stopped playing lol...do i need to do something so u guys show up?
    I think a lot of the guys from the XY thread don't really play anymore. Honestly jake11texas is one of the only miscers I ever see online. I believe he got a new DS when ORAS dropped too so if you never added his new FC you might not see him. I still play but not nearly as often as I did during the XY days.

Dark Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor

Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    I ran a "critdreigon" before I dropped him for blastoise and he was terrible lol. If you're unaware a "critdreigon" has scope lens, focus energy/protect/draco/coverage. After a focus energy he get's guaranteed crits and can spam draco without a spAtt drop. Wouldn't recommend it. He's much better with a boosting item and addition coverage move.

I think the coverage you use on hydreigon really depends on the rest of your team. For me I ran earth power over fire blast as my coverage move because charizard was my mega and I already had the fire coverage. For your team I might actually suggest earth power over the fire move too. Presumably your altaria can have a fire attack too to give you coverage over scizor and other ferrothorn, and on paper a poke like heatran sort of does really well against your team. Hits all three of the pokes you have for SE damage and resists all the STAB moves except for breloom, which can't OHKO but will get OHKO'ed. I dunno though, teambuilding is a process. You just have to get a bit of battles to test out different pokes and see what's beating you and make adjustments.

If a fast rockslide for flinches/spread damage is what you're going for, you might want to consider Terrakion or Aerodactyl. Both are in a much faster speed teir, and get STAB on rockslides, making them hit exceptionally harder. Exadrill is not a bad Poke, but the lack of speed (unless you scarf) and STAB on rockslide make it a lot less effective in this format. And EQ is a lot less spamable in doubles. I'm not saying you can't use him, I'm just saying there may be some slightly better options. Aero also gets tailwind support. Hazards are a lot less of an issue in doubles. I can honestly say I've never seen one person attempt to set up rocks or even webs so far in VGC doubles. The matches are just too short. It's not like Smogon where a spinner or defogger is mandatory.

As for Gengar, it's still one of the best pokes in singles as well as doubles. It's so versatile, you can't really go wrong with it. So yes, it would definitely be a good addition to your team. The move set is fine, but protect is always good in doubles, especially on a frail Pokemon like Gengar.
    Mirin team analysis skills. Can't believe you were the same guy from part I of the thread that used blizzard and thunderbolt on gyarados lol. You ever gonna fight me brah or are you just gonna keep ducking me and staying on battlespot where the competition is easier

I'll need to look into getting a Jolly Unnerve Aerodactyl then, from what I catch on the Twitch streams of Pokemon, berries are pretty relevant. If I can't get an Aerodactyl, would Greninja be a good substitute for it? It has 122 base speed and the Protean ability makes everything STAB. Probably something like:

Gunk Shot
    Low Kick
    Rock Slide
    Waterfall
    Jolly - 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe - Life Orb

I think a lot of the guys from the XY thread don't really play anymore. Honestly jake11texas is one of the only miscers I ever see online. I believe he got a new DS when ORAS dropped too so if you never added his new FC you might not see him. I still play but not nearly as often as I did during the XY days.

I ran a "critdreigon" before I dropped him for blastoise and he was terrible lol. If you're unaware a "critdreigon" has scope lens, focus energy/protect/draco/coverage. After a focus energy he get's guaranteed crits and can spam draco without a spAtt drop. Wouldn't recommend it. He's much better with a boosting item and addition coverage move.

I think the coverage you use on hydreigon really depends on the rest of your team. For me I ran earth power over fire blast as my coverage move because charizard was my mega and I already had the fire coverage. For your team I might actually suggest earth power over the fire move too. Presumably your altaria can have a fire attack too to give you coverage over scizor and other ferrothorn, and on paper a poke like heatran sort of does really well against your team. Hits all three of the pokes you have for SE damage and resists all the STAB moves except for breloom, which can't OHKO but will get OHKO'ed. I dunno though, teambuilding is a process. You just have to get a bit of battles to test out different pokes and see what's beating you and make adjustments.
    My Altaria does have Fire Blast, but the accuracy could prove to be a weak point. Sounds like I should swap my Breloom out for a Conkeldurr, since it can provide coverage against Heatran and any grass types coming into play.

Mirin team analysis skills. Can't believe you were the same guy from part I of the thread that used blizzard and thunderbolt on gyarados lol. You ever gonna fight me brah or are you just gonna keep ducking me and staying on battlespot where the competition is easier
    LMFAO, TY brah. I think it's safe to say we've both come a long way. Btw I was watching this you-tuber stream earlier and you ended up getting matched up against him, srs. You led your fossil bird and Raichu against his Milotic, and sword man. And you had Charizard-Y (and I thiiiink Sylveon?) in the back. Was mirin when you encored him into kings shield, lol. You won the match. It was that same guy who's channel I was on, but he was doing a live stream this time so it's not on YouTube.

I'll need to look into getting a Jolly Unnerve Aerodactyl then, from what I catch on the Twitch streams of Pokemon, berries are pretty relevant. If I can't get an Aerodactyl, would Greninja be a good substitute for it? It has 122 base speed and the Protean ability makes everything STAB. Probably something like:

Gunk Shot
    Low Kick
    Rock Slide
    Waterfall
    Jolly - 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe - Life Orb

My Altaria does have Fire Blast, but the accuracy could prove to be a weak point. Sounds like I should swap my Breloom out for a Conkeldurr, since it can provide coverage against Heatran and any grass types coming into play.
    Greninja really needs ice beam. There's too many KO's you'll miss by running ice punch over it because of intimidate and the weaker base power. If you want to run a primarily physical set thats fine, I did some quick calcs and you can OHKO all the relevant threats with a life orb/uninvested ice beam.

0- SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 296-348 (151 - 177.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0- SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 265-317 (154.9 - 185.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0- SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 312-374 (169.5 - 203.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These are KO's you'd likely miss out on with ice punch due to intimidate, the lower base power, and the more physically defensive nature of the meta. Low Kick is good for stuff like Kang (I think it has around a 90 percent chance to OHKO) and Heatran. Gunk Shot is great for Sylveon which runs rampant, and other faeries. Since your primary moves are physical you can still run 252 attack/252 speed without needing to invest in special and still pick up KO's on the things you need ice beam for. Greninja is the type of Pokemon that really appreciates protect. Definitely something I'd recommend.

Uninvested dark pulse has a something like a 95 percent chance of OHKO'ing the common gengar, but a fast rockslide is once again always great and KO's the common charizard-y and talonflames. It may seem strange not running a water move, but greninja doens't NEED it these days. But like Jason said, it really just depends on the coverage the rest of your team has what you decide to run.

LMFAO, TY brah. I think it's safe to say we've both come a long way. Btw I was watching this you-tuber stream earlier and you ended up getting matched up against him, srs. You led your fossil bird and Raichu against his Milotic, and sword man. And you had Charizard-Y (and I thiiiink Sylveon?) in the back. Was mirin when you encored him into kings shield, lol. You won the match. It was that same guy who's channel I was on, but he was doing a live stream this time so it's not on YouTube.
    Yeah brah I actually recognized his name from when you fought him. Was just hoping he wouldn't 4-0 me because I knew there would be an audience lol. Was hoping I'd be on his channel but it's still pretty cool it got streamed. I ended up saving the replay though 78GG-WWWW-WWXA-25K6. Misc crew 2-0 against him lel.

edit: @mistafista69 just my $0.02 but I think, unless it's choiced or focus sashed, pretty much every poke in VGC should carry protect.
    Last edited by jaybc; 02-07-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Yeah brah I actually recognized his name from when you fought him. Was just hoping he wouldn't 4-0 me because I knew there would be an audience lol. Was hoping I'd be on his channel but it's still pretty cool it got streamed. I ended up saving the replay though 78GG-WWWW-WWXA-25K6. Misc crew 2-0 against him lel.

edit: @mistafista69 just my $0.02 but I think, unless it's choiced or focus sashed, pretty much every poke in VGC should carry protect.
    The commentary was pretty lulzy, with you just straight predicting him so many times lol. He ended up getting to a pretty high rating tho, you were one of his only losses. He's going to Virginal regionals or something like that this weeekend.

But yeah, agreed on protect. It's pretty much standard of everything unless it's choiced or vested. You only get 4 Pokemon at a time, you can't really afford to loose any due to OHKO's. Especially faster/frailer Pokemon like Gengar and Greninja.

The commentary was pretty lulzy, with you just straight predicting him so many times lol. He ended up getting to a pretty high rating tho, you were one of his only losses. He's going to Virginal regionals or something like that this weeekend.

But yeah, agreed on protect. It's pretty much standard of everything unless it's choiced or vested. You only get 4 Pokemon at a time, you can't really afford to loose any due to OHKO's. Especially faster/frailer Pokemon like Gengar and Greninja.
    I think I misplayed that first turn and should have just gone for a tailwind instead but I honestly thought I'd kill the milotic with the double damage. The flinch hax definitely bailed me out because I'm 99% sure milotic was probably trying to icy wind me. What item did it have? The tbolt from raichu did nothing lol. Second turn I figured he would either wideguard or kingshield and if he attacked I would lock it into flash cannon which both my pokes resisted. Would have been huge for him if he predicted charizard to target milotic and switched straight to kang or terrakion but it was just a really risky play for him since the heatwave was the obvious play. He was pretty good though and it was a really close game.

Are you online right now? Fight me in a best 2 out of 3 set brah! Want to see how I do against a 1800+ player hehehe.

I am a Fat Ass (srs) iwillloseweight's Avatar
    iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you all playing smogon or 3ds or both?
    For the GOAT selfie thread click here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159065621&pagenumber=

I think I misplayed that first turn and should have just gone for a tailwind instead but I honestly thought I'd kill the milotic with the double damage. The flinch hax definitely bailed me out because I'm 99% sure milotic was probably trying to icy wind me. What item did it have? The tbolt from raichu did nothing lol. Second turn I figured he would either wideguard or kingshield and if he attacked I would lock it into flash cannon which both my pokes resisted. Would have been huge for him if he predicted charizard to target milotic and switched straight to kang or terrakion but it was just a really risky play for him since the heatwave was the obvious play. He was pretty good though and it was a really close game.

Are you online right now? Fight me in a best 2 out of 3 set brah! Want to see how I do against a 1800+ player hehehe.
    Srry brah, just saw this. Next time we're both on and you don't see me in battle spot, send me a shout out or something! Usually when I see you, you're in battle spot or I am lol. His Milotic had assult vest, which is why that t-bolt did nothing. It was pretty luzly how little that t-bolt did, I think he invest fully in offenses, gives it an assult vest, and just relies on competitive boost.

Originally Posted by iwillloseweight View Post
    Are you all playing smogon or 3ds or both?
    3ds doubles battle spot. We used to run group multi battles on the 3DS, but that doesn't happen anymore. I'm sure there's a lot of pple in here that probably play on showdown though, cause it's easier. I just use showdown to test things.

Super lulzy 6 turn battle I had against an 1850+ rated player from Japan using minimize/follow me shenanigans. Turn 4 is where it's hilarious.

5JWG-WWWW-WWXB-DGFA
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-11-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Super lulzy 6 turn battle I had against an 1850+ rated player from Japan using minimize/follow me shenanigans. Turn 4 is where it's hilarious.

5JWG-WWWW-WWXB-DGFA
    lol at kang avoiding and his minimized buddy getting gangbanged. Pretty aggressive play by you on turn 1 there attacking with your camel. What if azu just YOLO'ed and waterfalled that slot lol. What are your camels EVs? Are you running max attack and max HP? Was messing around in damage calc after I watched your replay and if you run 220HP/116Def/172SpA it guarantees you can survive the adamant m-kang double-edge. You can still OHKO standard amoongus with heat wave too and I don't think by pulling out EVs out of attack you're missing any other OHKO's or 2HKO's you otherwise would get running max. The charizard I run on my team basically has no investment in attack other than the nature and i haven't really noticed lack of power being an issue for him. I dunno just a though. Also Tempted to neg you for using talonflame srs.

edit: oops you can't OHKO amongus with heatwave even at max attack. Didn't factor in spread damage in the original calc.
    Last edited by jaybc; 02-12-2015 at 01:16 AM.

lol at kang avoiding and his minimized buddy getting gangbanged. Pretty aggressive play by you on turn 1 there attacking with your camel. What if azu just YOLO'ed and waterfalled that slot lol. What are your camels EVs? Are you running max attack and max HP? Was messing around in damage calc after I watched your replay and if you run 220HP/116Def/172SpA it guarantees you can survive the adamant m-kang double-edge. You can still OHKO standard amoongus with heat wave too and I don't think by pulling out EVs out of attack you're missing any other OHKO's or 2HKO's you otherwise would get running max. The charizard I run on my team basically has no investment in attack other than the nature and i haven't really noticed lack of power being an issue for him. I dunno just a though. Also Tempted to neg you for using talonflame srs.
    It was such a troll-ish turn because since the names are in Japan, I just assumed just that the minimizing kunt Clefable avoided it. When I saw it was Kanga, and that the Heatwave not only connected with Clefable, but crit it AND the scald connected for a KO, many lulz were had. But yeah, I figured the protect on Camel turn 1 was too obvious, so I decided to just YOLO with the earth power. Also I kind of deserve to be negged for using Talon, srs. That is actually only it's 2nd or 3rd battle, I normally use Braivery in that slot but being under-sped by some things (namely Amoongus)and being succeptable to priority like Bisharp/Kangas sucker punch and brelooms mach punch was kind of a problem sometimes. So it's just something I'm kinda testing, we'll see if it works out. I also took out my Nidoqueen and put Landorus in. I hate that I'm taking out some of the more interesting team members and putting in more standard things, but I went on a pretty big loosing streak the other night and fell outta the 1800's, so it prompted me to try and make some changes.

Also, that EV spread is interdasting. My camel runs a standard 252 sp attk/252 hp. I know jolly Kang only has about a 6 percent chance of OHKO'ing but adamant is something around 50 percent. Guaranteed a survival sounds nice though, I might have to test that out and run other calcs. I just hate to give up power, because of the fact camel is my main form of offense since I always bring Cresselia, who's pretty passive besides helping hand support. 'Zard can get away with it more due to the sun powering up his already sky high special attack.
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-12-2015 at 01:34 AM.

It was such a troll-ish turn because since the names are in Japan, I just assumed just that the minimizing kunt Clefable avoided it. When I saw it was Kanga, and that the Heatwave not only connected with Clefable, but crit it AND the scald connected for a KO, many lulz were had. But yeah, I figured the protect on Camel turn 1 was too obvious, so I decided to just YOLO with the earth power. Also I kind of deserve to be negged for using Talon, srs. That is actually only it's 2nd or 3rd battle, I normally use Braivery in that slot but being under-sped by some things (namely Amoongus)and being succeptable to priority like Bisharp/Kangas sucker punch and brelooms mach punch was kind of a problem sometimes. So it's just something I'm kinda testing, we'll see if it works out. I also took out my Nidoqueen and put Landorus in. I hate that I'm taking out some of the more interesting team members and putting in more standard things, but I went on a pretty big loosing streak the other night and fell outta the 1800's, so it prompted me to try and make some changes.

Also, that EV spread is interdasting. My camel runs a standard 252 sp attk/252 hp. I know jolly Kang only has about a 6 percent chance of OHKO'ing but adamant is something around 50 percent. Guaranteed a survival sounds nice though, I might have to test that out and run other calcs. I just hate to give up power, because of the fact camel is my main form of offense since I always bring Cresselia, who's pretty passive besides helping hand support. 'Zard can get away with it more due to the sun powering up his already sky high special attack.
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to jake11texas again. I tried to neg maybe srs. What item did your braviary have? If you give him a power item or iron ball does he underspeed standard amoongus? btw brah I battled some guy on BS a few days ago who basically had the same team as you. He had slug/camel/cresselia/slowking. Had to double take for a second when he lead with camel/cresselia cuz I thought it was you.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to jake11texas again. I tried to neg maybe srs. What item did your braviary have? If you give him a power item or iron ball does he underspeed standard amoongus? btw brah I battled some guy on BS a few days ago who basically had the same team as you. He had slug/camel/cresselia/slowking. Had to double take for a second when he lead with camel/cresselia cuz I thought it was you.
    It had a lum berry which did come in handy for the occasional Amoongus. I honestly never thought about an iron ball, wasn't even aware that item existed! That brings him down to around base 30 speed. That's interesting, and may be worth trying. I do miss having it because of the defiant boost I always get, superpower access and the higher damage output. Talon has poverty attack without a choice item, and life orb is gives it way too much recoil so I don't use it.

Also mirin that guys team, lol. I run into the occasional Camel on the ladder but I've never seen it paired with Gastrodon, which is weird cause it seems like such an obvious pairing lol. I'm also going old school and trying out Dragonite btw. So much bulk with max hp. Kangas DE is a 3 hit KO, lol. And E-speed access is great. I'm basically trying things out that'll give me a win condition outside of trick room. It's a lot harder to pull off higher up on the ladder, but I still want to stick with it cause it's fun af lol

mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000)
    back from bandcamp, feelsgoodman. anyone getting majoras mask and monsterhunter?

also premier challenges announced for aussieland so hype, gonna compete this year. want to win dat der trip to murica
    my favourite idiom "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" #nohomo

It had a lum berry which did come in handy for the occasional Amoongus. I honestly never thought about an iron ball, wasn't even aware that item existed! That brings him down to around base 30 speed. That's interesting, and may be worth trying. I do miss having it because of the defiant boost I always get, superpower access and the higher damage output. Talon has poverty attack without a choice item, and life orb is gives it way too much recoil so I don't use it.

Also mirin that guys team, lol. I run into the occasional Camel on the ladder but I've never seen it paired with Gastrodon, which is weird cause it seems like such an obvious pairing lol. I'm also going old school and trying out Dragonite btw. So much bulk with max hp. Kangas DE is a 3 hit KO, lol. And E-speed access is great. I'm basically trying things out that'll give me a win condition outside of trick room. It's a lot harder to pull off higher up on the ladder, but I still want to stick with it cause it's fun af lol
    If you're going to try a speed-reducing item on braviary I'd probably use a power item instead of iron ball. Iron ball grounds your poke so he can get hit by EQ and other ground attacks whereas the power items just reduce his speed while keeping him off the ground.

I used dragonite on a mono-gen I team I made and it was pretty bad and I wouldn't recommend it srs. I think conkeldurr, talonflame, breloom, bisharp, m-mawile, m-kang, azumarill are all better priority users than him. I think you're damage calc on kanga DE is off too. It's a guaranteed 2HKO and has a 25% chance to OHKO if you're multiscale is broken or are running inner focus. Really I think the only thing e-speed is good for is picking off weakened talonflame since it goes before brave bird. It doesn't do a whole lot otherwise since it's non-STAB and doesn't super-effect anything in the game.

Originally Posted by mattrunks View Post
    back from bandcamp, feelsgoodman. anyone getting majoras mask and monsterhunter?

also premier challenges announced for aussieland so hype, gonna compete this year. want to win dat der trip to murica
    I'm getting Majoras Mask for sure! Was one of my fave games of all time as a little kid, and I never beat it back then cause it was too hard so I'm hyped for it. Also, good luck on your PC brah. What kinda team you running?

If you're going to try a speed-reducing item on braviary I'd probably use a power item instead of iron ball. Iron ball grounds your poke so he can get hit by EQ and other ground attacks whereas the power items just reduce his speed while keeping him off the ground.

I used dragonite on a mono-gen I team I made and it was pretty bad and I wouldn't recommend it srs. I think conkeldurr, talonflame, breloom, bisharp, m-mawile, m-kang, azumarill are all better priority users than him. I think you're damage calc on kanga DE is off too. It's a guaranteed 2HKO and has a 25% chance to OHKO if you're multiscale is broken or are running inner focus. Really I think the only thing e-speed is good for is picking off weakened talonflame since it goes before brave bird. It doesn't do a whole lot otherwise since it's non-STAB and doesn't super-effect anything in the game.
    Was not aware of power items either. LOL I feel like such a newb. If Talon******* fails me, I'll probably try Braivery with said items. As for Dragonite, I did the calc at full HP/Jolly so I guess it factored in multi-scale (252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 76-91 (38.3 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO). Running a set of Protect, dragon claw, superpower, and xtremespeed. He's been doing alright, but nothing special. Likely won't have a perma-spot on the team. Might srsly go back to Braivery and Nidoqueen.
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-12-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Matt aware me on monster hunter. I'm looking for a new game to play but I honestly just haven't been able to get into any other game aside from pokemon. Seems to be a lot of hype about the series and I googled some of the screenshots and it looks cool.

Was not aware of power items either. LOL I feel like such a newb. If Talon******* fails me, I'll probably try Braivery with said items. As for Dragonite, I did the calc at full HP/Jolly so I guess it factored in multi-scale (252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 76-91 (38.3 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO). Running a set of Protect, dragon claw, superpower, and xtremespeed. He's been doing alright, but nothing special. Likely won't have a perma-spot on the team. Might srsly go back to Braivery and Nidoqueen.
    Power items are pretty much essential for breeding and EV-training your pokes. Of course you wouldn't have heard of them because you don't do that aspect of the game hehehe

Matt aware me on monster hunter. I'm looking for a new game to play but I honestly just haven't been able to get into any other game aside from pokemon. Seems to be a lot of hype about the series and I googled some of the screenshots and it looks cool.

Power items are pretty much essential for breeding and EV-training your pokes. Of course you wouldn't have heard of them because you don't do that aspect of the game hehehe
    Jason try the Zelda games! Ocarina of time and Majoras mask, they're rlly good. And the only games I own now besides Pokemon and Smash Bros, which I havn't played since probably the month it came out lol. And they're actually pretty difficult. Never heard of Monster hunter tho, so in for answers from Matt on it.

LOL'd hard, you're right, that definitely explains why I wouldn't know about power items. Going to try out the bravest bird (Braivery) with one tonight. I'm doing so bad with these changes I made to my team, trying to throw in standard stuff like Talon and Lando. I fell into the 1600s, which I havn't been in forever. Almost broke my DS earlier. So I'm gonna go back. Also got matched up against Paul Chua again and he 4-0'd me lol.
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-13-2015 at 04:55 PM.

mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS Crew Come Join the Hunt!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165985901

pretty much sums it all up, hopefully I can convert some of you guys, game is fun as fck, you'll easily get 1000+ hours out of it.

give the game a go brahs, I'm almost 100% certain you guys will be hooked. game is smooth as fck 60fps

Watched the VGC Winter Regional streams this weekend from St. Louis and some from Lancaster. Was pretty cool to see, and get an idea of how these things go since I want to compete eventually. Megas in top 8 were 2 Kanga, 2 Mawile, 1 Mence, and 1 Camerupt (was mirin the Camerupt guys team hard af). Someone also placed in top 4 with a Clefairy on her team, lol. Interdasting to note that neither Cybertron or Paul Chua made top cut (Cybertron got 18th at his and Paul got 30th at his). Cybertron ran his current road to ranked Mega Venasaur team and Paul ran the same trick hail team he's had. I'm sure having everyone already know your team is a huge disadvantage in itself, but must of just had a bad day. I saw some of Cybertrons matches and he got haxed to HELL. Really bad luck. But overall most of the teams were pretty standard things you see on battle spot. One guy did get boo'd pretty loudly for using swagger though, lol.

Was also further proof of rockslides brokenness. Flinches and double flinches single handidly won so many games. It was kinda like this running joke through the night about, when in doubt just tap rockslide lol.
    Last edited by jake11texas; 02-15-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Didn't watch the entire stream but I saw the final. The guy who win had minimize clefable srs.

Didn't watch the entire stream but I saw the final. The guy who win had minimize clefable srs.
    Not mirin/10. I also saw a darkvoid smeargle, who also transformed into his mega kanga so he basically had 2 m-kang out at the same time. And both started power up punching lol, that was actually kinda cool tho not gonna lie.

anonymous
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS Crew Come Join the Hunt!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165985901

pretty much sums it all up, hopefully I can convert some of you guys, game is fun as fck, you'll easily get 1000+ hours out of it.

give the game a go brahs, I'm almost 100% certain you guys will be hooked. game is smooth as fck 60fps
    Will have to check this out more, played the demo for a few minutes and it was ok'ish.

I was so excited for OR/AS but I never even finished the final space mission, just kind of hit a wall. I finally started back on Showdown so hopefully I can find a good doubles team to use on the cart and I'll play again.

Originally Posted by ForumSentinel View Post
    Will have to check this out more, played the demo for a few minutes and it was ok'ish.

I was so excited for OR/AS but I never even finished the final space mission, just kind of hit a wall. I finally started back on Showdown so hopefully I can find a good doubles team to use on the cart and I'll play again.
    defs have to get on it forumsentinel, will not regret best game on the 3ds srs.

Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast