View Poll Results: How many books have you read for last year's challenge?

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 10

192 56.47%
  • 10 - 20

63 18.53%
  • 20 - 30

29 8.53%
  • 30 - 40

12 3.53%
  • 40 - 51

11 3.24%
  • 52+ I made it brah. (No gender-specific cheesy line this time lol)

33 9.71%
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 173 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    I did. I want to have my wife watch it since she hasn't read the book to see what she thinks of it as a movie. I thought it was pretty bad. And as a book adaptation it was even worse.
    This is pretty ambiguous.

I think you're saying the film was bad, and it was also a poor interpretation of the book. But you could easily be saying you thought the book was bad, and the film was bad because it was a poor interpretation of the book.

If it's the first one, what did you think of the book?
    **Hates own username crew**
    **Cringe every time reading own username crew**
    **Once threw up after reading own username crew**

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    **WetBreast is gonna make it crew**
    **52 books in 52 weeks crew**

Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In this year.

Currently reading:

CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeSwole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    80% done with Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. An easy read, but it does invoke a lot of personal questions about one's actions and the thoughts/reasons behind those actions.
    Would recomend, especially on a busy week since it can be finished in 2.5 to 3 hours~
    ~Misc from work crew~
    ~Misc BJJ Crew~

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nattyuser View Post
    This is pretty ambiguous.

I think you're saying the film was bad, and it was also a poor interpretation of the book. But you could easily be saying you thought the book was bad, and the film was bad because it was a poor interpretation of the book.

If it's the first one, what did you think of the book?
    I like the book.

Thought the movie was bad as a movie, but maybe since I hated it more as a book adaptation I'm biased. That's why I'd like my wife to watch it, to see if she thinks it's just a bad movie.

Registered User bluelegsforever's Avatar
    bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finished Cypherpunks, would recommend to anyone interested in political philosophy. Really enjoyable book.

1. Cypherpunks: Freedom and the Future of the Internet, Julian Assange [5/5]

Good start to 2014, have exams I'm studying hard for so trying to read some of my shorter books now and get into the meaty ones when I have less work.

DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DarkAvenger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know when I was finishing up my degree there would be a lot of older people in the beginner level classes. One day I was talking to one of the older men and he was telling me that after 65 they were allowed to take 2 courses a semester free and so people would do that to keep their minds fresh

I finished school at 29 years old. At first it was hard to go back but once in the routine it didn't feel any different than before. The only time it was weird, more funny than weird, would be when my professor would talk about the 80s and if be the only one who had a clue what he was referencing.

Lastly, I'm looking forward to refocusing my self this year. From December to November I read over 80 books the. The last 2 months I read 1. I purchasedy first video game in a couple of years and started playing it too much. This year I'm going to try to distance myself from videos again and try to clean out my closet of books. It'll be interesting because I have many random books that I will try to clear out

Book 1/52 Odd is On Our Side. 6/10
    This is an odd Thomas graphic novel. I felt that the story lacked depth. There wasn't too much to the story. It was more oh look this is happening a and here's a quick fix. I probably went into this expecting it to be like the novels a bit too much.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DarkAvenger View Post
    would be when my professor would talk about the 80s and if be the only one who had a clue what he was referencing.
    Mine would do that too.

I probably won't finish school until I'm 36. But they way I see it is that I'll still have about 30 years of a good career I enjoy instead of an okay job I don't really enjoy.

Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie_James will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's so awesome to see people who've never really read or people who've only read and enjoyed a couple of books coming into this thread and leaving wanting to read more, solid thread!

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CantMakeItBrah View Post
    sup brahs..just started reading properly like a month agoand going to continue for the rest of the year..just read the book theif by Markus Zusak.

About to read 1984 by Goerge Orwell...

can any brahs recommend some good teen books (inb4 teen misc), and not too long. will rep suggestions but on r/c atm
    Norwegian Wood
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jayczzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    This last week I finished reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Seneca's "On the Shortness of Life" and "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau.
    7 Habits is a really nice book, and it resonated with lots of the stuff I went through the last 4 months since I straightened out my life. Some of the content is also in line with the buddhist/stoic phylosophy I've been reading/trying to apply to my life.

So...3 down, 49 to go. I'm currently reading Epictetus's Discourses, slowly and little by little so I can think about it properly.

The next books I'm thinking about reading are:

Obliquity by John Kay
    A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
    The Republic by Plato
    Hagakure, the Book of the Samurai
    +++ 52 books in 52 weeks 2016 crew (28/52) +++
    +++ 52 books in 52 weeks 2015 crew (45/52) +++
    +++ 52 books in 52 weeks 2014 crew (63/52) +++

Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coneilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hoping to join this.

My reading is usually fiction and based around war. The most recent book I have read was 1001 Battles That Changes The Course Of History. Admittedly, I did not read it in the order intended, and went back and forward whenever I found the time.

But I really want to expand my knowledge and vocabulary this year. And I am determined to read a wide variety of genres this year.

I think I am going to start with The Road, as suggested a few pages back. I would, however, like my next one to with regards to the human mind and conquering self doubt etc if that makes sense. I am aware that this is a topic that has been attempted a lot, and there is plenty of rubbish out there.

Can anyone recommend such a book? I am just looking for something based around understanding the human mind.

WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't do 52 in 52 I have too much on my hands.. I'm going to be realistic and set a goal for 26 books in 52 weeks. I may and most likely will exceed that but I want a goal I can attain.
    Roll tide. Lakers. Chargers.

Subscribe + Comment on my log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145133371

PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Currently reading "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells. Guy is OG

1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1mbizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few miscers mentioned The Gunslinger so I went for that as my first bit of fiction for the year. Really really enjoyed it. Roland is a great character, loved the Western/cowboy theme, and his struggle with morality and the greater good made it a page-turner for me. Couldn't resist starting the second book, but will hopefully be finishing at least one non-fiction before allowing myself to finish 'The Drawing of the Three'.

Slowly making my way through The Intelligent Investor, Poor Charlie's Almanack, and 15 Decisive Battles.

Noticed a lot of you are interested in finance/trading/investing etc. but haven't seen much mention of Reminiscenes of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre, a biography (of sorts) of Jesse Livermore, arguably one of the best speculators of all-time. Got me interested in the stock market at the age of 12 and still re-read it every few years. Definitely one of my favourites.
    Goodreads:1mbizzle

Matriculated Member ForgotLoginInfo's Avatar
    ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CoffeeSwole View Post
    80% done with Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. An easy read, but it does invoke a lot of personal questions about one's actions and the thoughts/reasons behind those actions.
    Would recomend, especially on a busy week since it can be finished in 2.5 to 3 hours~
    Fantastic book, perhaps one of my favorites from school. The movie was decent if I recall correctly.

Originally Posted by xtremebrah View Post
    My to read list so far, might remove/add more, I'll see.
     As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
    What a resonating essay....recommended to anyone. I'll never forget the words of James Allen:

A man is literally what he thinks.

Originally Posted by CantMakeItBrah View Post
    sup brahs..just started reading properly like a month agoand going to continue for the rest of the year..just read the book theif by Markus Zusak.

Those that went before me
    Tried to school me well but the wisdom only bored me
    I never lost yet but if I did it would be sorely
    Therefore, I implore thee:
    Never come before the
    Champion of men
    The beginning and the end

loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250) loteq has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In.

Book 1

Beyond good and evil by friederich Nietzsche

I'm definitely glad to be on board.

Growing up, I didn't have tv in my house until I was 10, so I spent my days reading and drawing instead of watching tv.

Now a days I barely even read. It's a shame. My reading comprehension is noticeably poorer in comparison.

Now I'm going to get back on track though

Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aune is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In.

My first book of the year is Walden by Thoreau, honestly started it around x mas but I have since packed and moved 1700 miles so I haven't been able to read much.

My brother in law, who asked what I wanted for x mas hit the nail on the head when I said books. He wound up buying me For Whom The Bell Tolls and George Washingtons Secret Six.

I read the first few pages of the Secret Six and I was hooked already. I'm just trying to finish Walden sooner so I can dive into that book.
    Woodworking crew

★cVc★

workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So 1st book of this challenge for me is The Waste Lands by Stephen King. It's the 3rd book of the Dark Tower/Gunslinger series. Love these books and this author. I even watched 2 hours of him talking about books, and answering questions on YouTube. Will be done with this book Sunday is the goal. Then I will take a break from fiction and read autobiography on Ben Franklin. Then Republic by Plato. Will write a review and what I think on all 3.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice thread, reading more has been on my agenda for a while now but it's hard. I think I need to find a specific time during the day to designate to reading, like in bed. I need to cut off the internet/media earlier and grab a book instead..

I'm going to apply the 'start small' principle and start with reading 10 minutes each night before sleep. Should be doable and hopefuly I can extend this to more time and/or other moments when I have time for it too.

My plan is to make a list of all the books I have waiting for me (currently over 25) and just read them piece by piece.

We're all gonna read it brahs.
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finished book one of 2014

The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway.

Quite a sad story following a group of 'friends' on a trip to a bull fighting fiesta in Spain, set in peacetime, post WW1. There's a lot of symbolism in this book, and it's often put so simply it can easily be overlooked, but that's part of what makes it an example of excellent literature.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would happily read it again. I feel a second reading would actually be just as good, if not better considering the depth of meaning some scenes have.

9/10

Would recommend.

*possible spoiler*

Favorite chapter would have to be 12, possibly the slowest chapter out of the whole book. It's so peaceful and does a great job at highlighting the bond two men can have with each other in a close friendship (no homo).
    *possible spoiler*

Next book will be A Storm Of Swords, Book 2 - George R.R. Martin
    Last edited by nattyuser; 01-02-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Next book.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ++ Positive Crew ++

BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BakersChoice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nattyuser View Post
    Can someone confirm the layout of Sun Tzu - The Art Of War, I bought the cheapest translation, because I'm a cheapskate.

The writing style is in what seems like lists of sentences or paragraphs, there doesn't seem to be any real flow.
    The translation I picked up had 4 or 5 different sections, of all the main points of Sun Tzu's philosophy. It gave Sun Tzu's original statement, if you would, first, then it gave interpretations of it by famous military generals/strategists who practiced The Way and used Sun Tzu's Philosophy. The copy I had was good and it had good breaks between each section of philosophy. So a section for locations of battle, a section for discipline, etc.

Originally Posted by BakersChoice View Post
    The translation I picked up had 4 or 5 different sections, of all the main points of Sun Tzu's philosophy. It gave Sun Tzu's original statement, if you would, first, then it gave interpretations of it by famous military generals/strategists who practiced The Way and used Sun Tzu's Philosophy. The copy I had was good and it had good breaks between each section of philosophy. So a section for locations of battle, a section for discipline, etc.
    Mine is broken into 13 chapters, each chapter also subjects for different parts of war.

It sounds the same as yours, but without the commentary. I guess the good thing about it being a short book is that I can read multiple versions, providing this first version interests me.

Thanks brah

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gerzenbacher91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Started The Plague by Albert Camus yesterday to kick off the new year. Every time I read a book of his I fall in love with his writing style, and it always catches me off guard when I start a new one. Had a brief hiatus going into the year, so it feels good to be back on the horse.
    Philosophy brah
    S&P
    UT '19

*deceptively big legs crew*
    *store all my fat in my legs/ass but pretend to be king of leg day to make up for scrawny upper body crew*
    *26 inch "quads" but only squat 255 for reps crew*
    *my life is a lie crew*

Current 5x5 compound progress:
    Squat: 255
    Deadlift: 285
    Bench: 195
    Bent Over Row: 155

Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just got the free trial of the program "Freedom" (it blocks the internet from your computer). I've been using it to block the internet for the last two days.

Currently on page 150 of A Dance with Dragons.
    Founder and CEO of Quick Cup, LLC.

thephilanthrocapitalist.com

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Howlitzer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ive started with name of the wind, and how to win friends and influence people. So far so good on both of them

DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DTAbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just picked this up, brahs. Will report back with opinions.

GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GingerBrah84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    Nice thread, reading more has been on my agenda for a while now but it's hard. I think I need to find a specific time during the day to designate to reading, like in bed. I need to cut off the internet/media earlier and grab a book instead..

I'm going to apply the 'start small' principle and start with reading 10 minutes each night before sleep. Should be doable and hopefuly I can extend this to more time and/or other moments when I have time for it too.
    This has helped me get back into reading. About 2 hours before my "bedtime" I turn everything off and read for and hour and a half to two hours. I look forward to it every night and it seems to be helping me fall asleep faster as well.
    *MFC Stage 2 Crew*
    *Minnesota Vikings Crew*

arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Invictus, I'm leaving the misc bro. The mods didn't approve my thread for donations to haiyan victims. They allow donations for cancer research, which may or may not come up with a cure, but they do not allow direct personal donations to people who have actually nothing to eat and thus need the money immediately. I can't be in a community that's heartless and doesn't care about its members. Take care bro. I've been in your books thread for two years and it's been fun. I wish you the best for 2014. Ciao. If you want to talk, just leave me a message in skype.
    52 books in 52 weeks crew
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just finished:

1/52: South of the Border, West of the Sun, by Haruki Murakami 3.5/5

Murakami's writing has always been brilliant, however the content of this novel is quite bland compared to his other novels. The first 50% of the book focuses on Hajime's(the protagonist) first 3 girlfriends. From his childhood, through highschool, to college. The latter 50% focuses on a 37 y/o Hajime who has a wife and kids, meeting his first love again for the first time in 25 years and his forbidden relationship with her. *Star crossed lovers* I enjoyed it. Like all of Murakami's novels, there's always so much to ponder on. And each novel has a sort of "jazz" feeling to them. However, I can see the majority of people blatantly looking at this novel and it's contents and truthfully rating it 1/5.

Originally Posted by arkskier View Post
    Invictus, I'm leaving the misc bro. The mods didn't approve my thread for donations to haiyan victims. They allow donations for cancer research, which may or may not come up with a cure, but they do not allow direct personal donations to people who have actually nothing to eat and thus need the money immediately. I can't be in a community that's heartless and doesn't care about its members. Take care bro. I've been in your books thread for two years and it's been fun. I wish you the best for 2014. Ciao
    Strong this ^

I agree. It's fukking ridiculous. I see some bull**** about donating to army veterans and like you say cancer research(which is completely pointless, I can go into a lot of reasons why, but i'd rather not). Hell, I think I remember they had some donation threads for some hurricanes in USA., so it makes absolutely no sense to why there's no donation threads going towards the Philippines, which is actually a poor country, and that could use some money.
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 01-02-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

☮INFJ♞6w5(so/sp) IEI-INFp lnvictus's Avatar
    lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by arkskier View Post
    Invictus, I'm leaving the misc bro. The mods didn't approve my thread for donations to haiyan victims. They allow donations for cancer research, which may or may not come up with a cure, but they do not allow direct personal donations to people who have actually nothing to eat and thus need the money immediately. I can't be in a community that's heartless and doesn't care about its members. Take care bro. I've been in your books thread for two years and it's been fun. I wish you the best for 2014. Ciao. If you want to talk, just leave me a message in skype.
    wtf?? Why are they against it?

Don't go :/ just because they're being dicks doesn't mean you have to leave. mods do not represent the values/opinions of the masses. We enjoy your reviews a lot and you leaving would be a blow to the thread.
    Kal-El, son of Jor-El

Bonitatem, Disciplinam, Scientiam