View Poll Results: How many books have you read for last year's challenge?

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 10

192 56.47%
  • 10 - 20

63 18.53%
  • 20 - 30

29 8.53%
  • 30 - 40

12 3.53%
  • 40 - 51

11 3.24%
  • 52+ I made it brah. (No gender-specific cheesy line this time lol)

33 9.71%
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 173 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50) GusTrain will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Inn. I read books only if its assigned through school. Other than that, most my reading is on the misc and newspaper. I don't appreciate books, and my desire to learn has diminished since high school. Also, I feel like I lack reading skill. This will be a great way to fix all that.

Will give poverty reps for PM of book recommendations. Not a fast reader (yet), so try not to recommend something bigger than 300 pages.

Edit: Looking for technology/science, philosophy, health/sports, sci fi, history. All else is welcome, but would really appreciate good books on those 5 topics.

1st book.

Starting off with something fun and easy.
    Last edited by GusTrain; 01-01-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: 1st book.

kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinggregjames is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GusTrain View Post
    Inn. I read a books only if its assigned through school. Other than that, most my reading is on the misc and newspaper. I don't appreciate books, and my desire to learn has diminished since high school. Also, I feel like I lack reading skill. This will be a great way to fix all that.

Will give poverty reps for PM of book recommendations. Not a fast reader (yet), so try not to recommend something bigger than 300 pages.

Edit: Looking for technology/science, philosophy, health/sports, sci fi, history. All else is welcome, but would really appreciate good books on those 5 topics.
    Gates of fire is a really good historical read, it's about spartan warriors and is mainly based around the battle with the Persians that's in 300. I found it to be a pretty read, it's well recommended round these parts too.

BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyDiapers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Question: Anyone able to recommend authors similar to Alexandre Dumas?

Finished Count of Monte Cristo and the Three Musketeers, and I loved them both very much

Right now I'm on Don Quixote. I thought it would be similar to three musketeers but it really isn't, I still like it though. Very funny book

Are Dumas's other books worth the read?

J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000) J.G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inn. I read a books only if its assigned through school. Other than that, most my reading is on the misc and newspaper. I don't appreciate books, and my desire to learn has diminished since high school. Also, I feel like I lack reading skill. This will be a great way to fix all that.

Someone posted a list of good books under 200 pages just a few pages ago I believe. I'm not sure how many pertain the topics you edited in, but it's a start. There were a bunch of classics in there if I recall correctly.

Registered User bluelegsforever's Avatar
    bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000) bluelegsforever is just really nice. (+1000)

Cypherpunks by Julian Assange (And some other guys) falls under the first 2. I've not finished it yet but I'm about a third of the way through and I've only read it for like an hour and a bit. You could easily finish it in under 4-5 hours.

It is so interesting though, I find with most books I am already vaguely aware of the arguments they are presenting, this book puts forward stuff I've never considered.

tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BabyDiapers View Post
    Question: Anyone able to recommend authors similar to Alexandre Dumas?

Finished Count of Monte Cristo and the Three Musketeers, and I loved them both very much

Right now I'm on Don Quixote. I thought it would be similar to three musketeers but it really isn't, I still like it though. Very funny book

Are Dumas's other books worth the read?
    If you like Dumas, check out Rafael Sabanti and Hugo.

I've read both Monte Cristo and Three Musketeers, and will be reading "The black tulip" and "The Companions of Jehu". Not sure if they'll be as interesting, but I think I'll enjoy them.
    [52 books in 52 weeks Crew]

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf." - Rabindranath Tagore

“We enjoy and even thrill to godlike possibilities we see in ourselves in such peak moments. And yet we simultaneously shiver with weakness, awe, and fear before these very same possibilities.”
    ― Abraham Maslow

xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000) xtremebrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brahs what e-reader do you guys use?

I'm thining of buying the new kindle paperwhite.

jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jreacher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My first book I'm starting for the challenge:

spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spacecowboy00 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    currently reading 3 different books: The Terror by Dan Simmons, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson and The Call of Chtulhu and Other Weird Stories by HP Lovecraft.

ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForestFootball is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Currently reading :The ball is round: A global history of soccer

Matriculated Member ForgotLoginInfo's Avatar
    ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForgotLoginInfo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by spacecowboy00 View Post
    currently reading 3 different books: The Terror by Dan Simmons, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson and The Call of Chtulhu and Other Weird Stories by HP Lovecraft.
    I have 100+ audiobooks of Lovecraft's works...some seem pretty obscure although interesting.
    Those that went before me
    Tried to school me well but the wisdom only bored me
    I never lost yet but if I did it would be sorely
    Therefore, I implore thee:
    Never come before the
    Champion of men
    The beginning and the end

Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000) Balle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inn. I read books only if its assigned through school. Other than that, most my reading is on the misc and newspaper. I don't appreciate books, and my desire to learn has diminished since high school. Also, I feel like I lack reading skill. This will be a great way to fix all that.

Some I read last year

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (can get complicated in some areas)
    The Stranger by Albert Camus
    2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke
    The Pearl by John Steinbeck
    The Time Machine by H.G Wells
    The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton

Originally Posted by xtremebrah View Post
    Brahs what e-reader do you guys use?

I'm thining of buying the new kindle paperwhite.
    I use the Nook Simple Touch. Bought when it was (and still is) £29 and prefer it to my Kindle Keyboard

Starting with a light read this year with 'A Little History of the World'. Will read Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography after or 'A Little History of Philosophy' as I want to read more philosophy books this year

TwitchBromanshipTV TooLateForRoses's Avatar
    TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In. Doing this as a part of my 52 goals in 52 weeks for 2k14. Just started up Contagious by Jonah Berger. I have about a dozen more physical books I want to read, then I want to get a cheap kindle or nook since it seems to be cheaper to buy books on there.
    twitch.tv/BromanshipTV

ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ampUP11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Was like 2% into a book I glanced at on the 31st so I'm going to just go on with it for my first read of 2014.

It's called Gangsters of Shanghai

Next up I will be reading the new trilogy written by Guillermo del Toro, was a deal on my kindle and figured since I've liked his screenwriting/directing I would like the series.

After that will probably be some old classics like Tom sawyer, tale of two cities, treasure island for some nostalgia.

Then back to business/success books like The Outliers and How to Win Friends & Influence People.

I think mixing up content will keep it fresh and interesting so when I go back to fiction later on it will just be as exciting as it was before
    follow me on IG @ampUP11

PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuzzledMidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kinggregjames View Post
    Gates of fire is a really good historical read, it's about spartan warriors and is mainly based around the battle with the Persians that's in 300. I found it to be a pretty read, it's well recommended round these parts too.
    I read the Xerces book that's free on apple store and it was mind blowing the things he did just to get to that point! Making rivers and other huge projects.
    Not a bad read either.
    ** Always Pick 3 Crew**
    **Misc. Illuminati Crew**
    **NGF NFG**

Lurked since '10
    Lifted since 07/14

arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what's happening in the new year guys
    52 books in 52 weeks crew
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today I started to read The Forever War by Joe Haldeman based off recommendations from this group. I am at the point where he has returned from his first tour of duty and is travelling around and trying to get adjusted to the changes in society. I am liking it so far and am surprised I had never heard of it before this group.
    Yeah, I'm old, been here for years before posting. Son posts as well.
    My "Doggies in the Snow" thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159284441
    52 books/52 weeks
    www.goodreads.com/review/list/7585102-sl-17b
    I will always try to rep back.
    Reps owed to/on spread:

☮INFJ♞6w5(so/sp) IEI-INFp lnvictus's Avatar
    lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by arkskier View Post
    what's happening in the new year guys
    Nothing much.

Not sure if I can finish 52 books bro. Pretty imoulsive at the moment to get any reading done and future is very uncertain.
    Kal-El, son of Jor-El

Bonitatem, Disciplinam, Scientiam

redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sl_17b View Post
    Today I started to read The Forever War by Joe Haldeman based off recommendations from this group. I am at the point where he has returned from his first tour of duty and is travelling around and trying to get adjusted to the changes in society. I am liking it so far and am surprised I had never heard of it before this group.
    Definitely one of my favorite books ever. Highly recommended.

TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haven't been able to get this going, sick the last day and busy with construction, but atleast I got my list. Was inpsired by the Jefferey Brenzel video and found this site called greatbooklist.com that has books through out the ages from all over not just Europe. Some of them are long reads so I doubt I'd hit them all. Plus I'm picking out books that I've been reading through this thread. Really wanna read 4 hour work week, as I thought it was something else, but reading descriptions it might actually be something I need. One thing is for sure, however, this year I plan on being more productive. Less tv and internet and more reading and doing stuff. Really inspired by that 52 goals in 52 weeks thread. Serisouly gonna take a cue from it.

1.Physics of the future Michio kaku
    2.Physics of the impossible Michio kaku
    3.Einsteins cosmos Michio kaku
    4.Fabric of the cosmos Brian green
    5.Hidden reality Brian green
    6.Hesiod, Greece, ca. 700 BCE. Theogony.
    7.Unknown, Israel, ca. 800-200 BCE.Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah, Job.
    8.Unknown, India, ca. 800 BCE. The Rig Veda.
    9.Unknown, India, ca. 600 BCE. The Upanishads.
    10.Confucius, China, 551-479 BCE. The Analects.
    11.Lao Tzu, China, ca. 550 BCE. The Tao Te Ching.
    12.Sappho, Greece, ca. 600 BCE. Hymn to Aphrodite.
    13.Aeschylus, Greece, 525-455 BCE. Agamemnon, Libation Bearers, Eumenides.
    14.Sophocles, Greece, 496-406 BCE. Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone.
    15.Herodotus, Greece, 484-425 BCE. The Histories.
    16.Euripides, Greece, 484-406 BCE. Medea, Electra.
    17.Thucydides, Greece, 470-400 BCE. The Peloponnesian War.
    18.Aristophanes, Greece, 448-338 BCE. The Birds, Lysistrata.
    19.Plato, Greece, 428-348 BCE. The Apology of Socrates, The Republic
    20.Aristotle, Greece, 332 BCE. The Nicomachean Ethics.
    21.Sun-Tzu, China, ca. 500 BCE. The Art of War.
    22.Mencius, China, ca.320 BCE. The Mengzi.
    23.Various, India, ca. 400 BCE. The Teachings of The Buddha.
    24.Chuang Tzu, ca. 300 BCE. The Chuang Tzu.
    25.Valmiki, India, ca. 300 BCE. The Ramayana.
    26.Vyasa, ca. India, 200 BCE. The Mahabharata.
    27.Unknown, ca India, 200 BCE. The Bhagavad Gita.
    28.Lucretius, Rome, 60 BCE. Of the Nature of Things.
    29.Julius Caesar, Rome, 50 BCE. Commentaries on the Gallic War.
    30.Cicero, Rome, 45 BCE. On the Nature of the Gods.
    31.Virgil, Rome, 19 BCE. The Aeneid.
    32.Ovid, Rome, 8 BCE. Metamorphoses.

arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Nothing much.

Not sure if I can finish 52 books bro. Pretty imoulsive at the moment to get any reading done and future is very uncertain.
    Hows the career going?

Originally Posted by redraider86 View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite books ever. Highly recommended.
    I missed you cutie. got tons of pics from the typhoon aftermath.

Originally Posted by TaoMan1 View Post
    Haven't been able to get this going, sick the last day and busy with construction, but atleast I got my list. Was inpsired by the Jefferey Brenzel video and found this site called greatbooklist.com that has books through out the ages from all over not just Europe. Some of them are long reads so I doubt I'd hit them all. Plus I'm picking out books that I've been reading through this thread. Really wanna read 4 hour work week, as I thought it was something else, but reading descriptions it might actually be something I need. One thing is for sure, however, this year I plan on being more productive. Less tv and internet and more reading and doing stuff. Really inspired by that 52 goals in 52 weeks thread. Serisouly gonna take a cue from it.

1.Physics of the future Michio kaku
    2.Physics of the impossible Michio kaku
    3.Einsteins cosmos Michio kaku
    4.Fabric of the cosmos Brian green
    5.Hidden reality Brian green
    6.Hesiod, Greece, ca. 700 BCE. Theogony.
    7.Unknown, Israel, ca. 800-200 BCE.Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah, Job.
    8.Unknown, India, ca. 800 BCE. The Rig Veda.
    9.Unknown, India, ca. 600 BCE. The Upanishads.
    10.Confucius, China, 551-479 BCE. The Analects.
    11.Lao Tzu, China, ca. 550 BCE. The Tao Te Ching.
    12.Sappho, Greece, ca. 600 BCE. Hymn to Aphrodite.
    13.Aeschylus, Greece, 525-455 BCE. Agamemnon, Libation Bearers, Eumenides.
    14.Sophocles, Greece, 496-406 BCE. Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone.
    15.Herodotus, Greece, 484-425 BCE. The Histories.
    16.Euripides, Greece, 484-406 BCE. Medea, Electra.
    17.Thucydides, Greece, 470-400 BCE. The Peloponnesian War.
    18.Aristophanes, Greece, 448-338 BCE. The Birds, Lysistrata.
    19.Plato, Greece, 428-348 BCE. The Apology of Socrates, The Republic
    20.Aristotle, Greece, 332 BCE. The Nicomachean Ethics.
    21.Sun-Tzu, China, ca. 500 BCE. The Art of War.
    22.Mencius, China, ca.320 BCE. The Mengzi.
    23.Various, India, ca. 400 BCE. The Teachings of The Buddha.
    24.Chuang Tzu, ca. 300 BCE. The Chuang Tzu.
    25.Valmiki, India, ca. 300 BCE. The Ramayana.
    26.Vyasa, ca. India, 200 BCE. The Mahabharata.
    27.Unknown, ca India, 200 BCE. The Bhagavad Gita.
    28.Lucretius, Rome, 60 BCE. Of the Nature of Things.
    29.Julius Caesar, Rome, 50 BCE. Commentaries on the Gallic War.
    30.Cicero, Rome, 45 BCE. On the Nature of the Gods.
    31.Virgil, Rome, 19 BCE. The Aeneid.
    32.Ovid, Rome, 8 BCE. Metamorphoses.
    strong list. Will await your reviews.
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hows the career going?

No career bro.

Back to school at mid/late twenties fuk my life..
    Kal-El, son of Jor-El

Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Irishpandah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    finished a book today. Do I count towards 2013 total or 2014?

anyways, Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes and How to Correct Them: Lessons from the Life-Changing Science of Behavioral Economics.

Was easy to read with some simple techniques to save money and invest.

Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    No career bro.

Back to school at mid/late twenties fuk my life..
    What course you taking? Masters? Good you have the money for it.
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

Invictus, I took these photos 2 months after Typhoon Haiyan hit Tacloban.

Proof that we lift:

Proof that we read: a public library being used as an evacuation center:

Last edited by arkskier; 01-01-2014 at 06:45 PM.
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000) skarj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just finished book four for the year, Ender's Game

Was okay, nothing that special , it just didn't grip me and I struggle to read action scenes and visualize them in my head. I also don't understand why it has to be a kid leading the army instead of a young adult?

I give it 3.5/5 because it was a decent enough book

Books read for the year (challenge)
    1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (4.5/5)
    2. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (5/5)
    3. Pines by Blake Crouch (3/5)
    4. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (3.5/5)

Flying london to Melbourne tomorrow so will have plenty of reading time, either going to start the dark tower series or read the way of kings by Brandon Sanderson
    "That feels when your brain says this can't be real then you remember you're on misc and decide yep every word happened"

Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strikeb4ck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in. will definitely stick to it this year.

starting A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by william b irvine tonight
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Those are pretty grim scenes ark ^^^

Hope things are improving/ close to improving.

What course you taking? Masters? Good you have the money for it.
    Nope..but eventually I want to get advanced degree in something..that is if I have the money and can afford to not work for a few years.

For now it's college, internships and hopefully work for a few years after.

Currently Reading:
    - Osler: Inspirations from a Great Physician, by Charles S. Bryan
    Last edited by lnvictus; 01-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    Kal-El, son of Jor-El

sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sl_17b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Has anyone read books 2 and 3 of the Forever War? The reviews on goodreads dont seem as positive.
    Yeah, I'm old, been here for years before posting. Son posts as well.
    My "Doggies in the Snow" thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159284441
    52 books/52 weeks
    www.goodreads.com/review/list/7585102-sl-17b
    I will always try to rep back.
    Reps owed to/on spread:

TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaoMan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hows the career going?

Thanks, I may be over my head but I will be posting reviews in here. I have already read a few but it was a long time ago.