Thread: Nutrition Help

Saaikoze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nutrition Help

I'm new to the whole idea of nutrition will help me get shredded. I know some stuff like keep track of my macronutrients and watch my calories but its kind of hard because I don't live at home. I'm a highschooler that goes to a boarding school that only serves vegetarian food. I've been really on and off with working out but got serious about it in August and I've been getting pretty good results but I haven't been able to keep up with cardio due to asthma. So I've decided to start cooking food from home and taking it to my dorm. which leads me to my plea for help. Can anyone give me advice on what foods to eat and how to count my calories and maybe help me figure out what these macronutrients are all about? Anything helps, Thank you!!

DaveFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are several foods that are beneficial when trying to gain muscle and/or lose weight. you want to focus on high protein foods, the right carbs, and the right kinds of fats. If you have access to milk, that's a must. milk is full of calories with plenty of protein. Peanuts have plenty of protein and the right kinds of fats that are good for your health. Eggs are the most efficient protein source with an extremely high amount of the protein being absorbed. At your age you shouldn't have to worry about the cholesterol content, and food cholesterol is different from bad cholesterol. If you have access to whey protein, that also helps get the necessary amount of protein. Counting calories is also very easy. Food items have labels on them that say the nutritional information. count the calories to get the desired amount for your goals. it also lists the amount of protein, fat, and carbs. protein and carbs have 4 calories per gram, and fat has 9 calories per gram. count up the amount of calories of protein and divide the total number of calories by that. that is the percent of your diet that comes from protein.. now do that with your carbs and fat. you should aim for 20% fat, 30% protein, and 50% carbs.