Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Squats to make my butt SMALLER??

So heres the deal. I know you guys will probably laugh at this but I need some real answers. I used to train my legs and squat a couple months ago but gave it up due to the fact that I already have a big butt and I didn't want to make it bigger and I read that squats make your butt bigger and that makes sense. The thing is that I don't want to neglect my legs anymore. Tho a pain in the ass to workout sometimes, its challenging and fun. My question is that is there a way to do squats to make my butt smaller? I do not care if that means more reps and a lower weight. I just want to know whats best to make my butt smaller or appear smaller. I feel like doing heavy weights and less reps will have more hypertrophy equally to an even bigger butt. I hate my butt and want to be smaller. Completely serious here.

Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is no way to do squats to achieve this. Exercise builds muscle. Inactivity leads to reduction in muscle. Lighter weights endurance style will still build muscle, just not as effectively as heavier weight. The reason why endurance athletes are small is because of the amount of calories they burn relative to what they eat. By necessity they need to be small so they dont carry too much weight (say to run long distance) but their muscles are still larger than someone of the same body weight who sits on their ass all day, the former will have a higher bf% i.e be skinny-fat. That's how the high reps for reduction myth came about.

As far as fat goes you wont be able to spot reduce, if your problem really stands out from a proportion point of view consider lipo.
    Last edited by Coccodrillo747; 12-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.

DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Olivern3 View Post
    So heres the deal. I know you guys will probably laugh at this but I need some real answers. I used to train my legs and squat a couple months ago but gave it up due to the fact that I already have a big butt and I didn't want to make it bigger and I read that squats make your butt bigger and that makes sense. The thing is that I don't want to neglect my legs anymore. Tho a pain in the ass to workout sometimes, its challenging and fun. My question is that is there a way to do squats to make my butt smaller? I do not care if that means more reps and a lower weight. I just want to know whats best to make my butt smaller or appear smaller. I feel like doing heavy weights and less reps will have more hypertrophy equally to an even bigger butt. I hate my butt and want to be smaller. Completely serious here.
    just lower your bodyfat simple as that ...
    CHECKOUT MY WORKOUT LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157205433
    RAW Personal Records
    deadlift :295lbs x1
    bench : 190lbs x 2
    squat: 329lbs x 1
    total: 814lbs

Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olivern3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DamianRendon View Post
    just lower your bodyfat simple as that ...
    i'm 130lbs, how much thinner do you really think I can get bro? I need to build muscle. I can't be cutting. Its completely pointless for my bodyweight.

DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm 130lbs, how much thinner do you really think I can get bro? I need to build muscle. I can't be cutting. Its completely pointless for my bodyweight.
    this doesnt make much sense to me then bro ... can i ask you a few questions?
    CHECKOUT MY WORKOUT LOG
    RAW Personal Records

this doesnt make much sense to me then bro ... can i ask you a few questions?
    Sure man. go ahead.

Sure man. go ahead.
    how long have you been lifting?
    what are your goals?
    how does your deadlifts match up with your squats in terms of 1rms?
    CHECKOUT MY WORKOUT LOG
    RAW Personal Records

how long have you been lifting?
    what are your goals?
    how does your deadlifts match up with your squats in terms of 1rms?
    I've been lifting for 8-10 monthsish. 4-5 months with an actual serious and correct routine. Goals are to gain muscle and have a bigger upper body and become broader. and no. I dont deadlift due to the fact that 1) gym is always too busy and bars are taken 2) I do not care for my legs or my butt. They are big enough and I dont want to make them bigger. I know 99% of guys would laugh at me but I just rather not do exercises that will make my lower body bigger.

I've been lifting for 8-10 monthsish. 4-5 months with an actual serious and correct routine. Goals are to gain muscle and have a bigger upper body and become broader. and no. I dont deadlift due to the fact that 1) gym is always too busy and bars are taken 2) I do not care for my legs or my butt. They are big enough and I dont want to make them bigger. I know 99% of guys would laugh at me but I just rather not do exercises that will make my lower body bigger.
    well i think that theres your problem if you dont wanna work legs (which i strongly reccomend you dont wanna look like johnny bravo do you?)
    dont squat dont do any legs excercises the only thing theyll do is add muscle size to the muscles targeted but then again if you decide you want to put some work into your legs once you start dealifting and squating more your quads hamstrings and psterior chain (lower back muscles ) will gain mass and most likely make you glutes look smaller but idk im not at alll seasoned in bodybuilding by any means thats just my two cents
    CHECKOUT MY WORKOUT LOG
    RAW Personal Records

yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100) yjama22 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Front squats my friend ...

ODMBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try front squats. Chris Johnes switched to front squats because his ass was getting too big.
    I have kinda reverse problem,my quads got much bigger and now I have NO ass lol in every jeans I wear,jeans get really tight around quad/hams area and "pulls down" jeans a bit,and it looks like I have a flat ass. Enough about my glutes, no homo.
    Try getting your quads bigger,but use isolation excercises and front squat,and maybe youll get effect i have. Thats my best guess, good luck

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have anterior pelvic tilt (APT) that can make your butt stick out more and appear "bigger". Given that you're only 130 pounds, that to me seems more likely.
    How to eliminate lower back rounding (aka "butt-wink") in the squat, a definitive guide:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153644231

Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tidnab View Post
    If you have anterior pelvic tilt (APT) that can make your butt stick out more and appear "bigger". Given that you're only 130 pounds, that to me seems more likely.
    This.
    The more I eat and the heavier I train - the better my 'genetics' get.

Penn State Alumni Crew

navinwuzhere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont really know how squats can make ur butt smaller.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well i think that theres your problem if you dont wanna work legs (which i strongly reccomend you dont wanna look like johnny bravo do you?)
    dont squat dont do any legs excercises the only thing theyll do is add muscle size to the muscles targeted but then again if you decide you want to put some work into your legs once you start dealifting and squating more your quads hamstrings and psterior chain (lower back muscles ) will gain mass and most likely make you glutes look smaller but idk im not at alll seasoned in bodybuilding by any means thats just my two cents
    Deadlifts hit your glutes pretty hard, man...

Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo i have a phat ass too, but the best wayto get rid of it is to lower the body fat %.

terimanley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    squats make you lose weight in the thigh and butt area so whoever told you doing them would give more shape mislead you because it makes you LOSE fat content in that area but when you doing squats wear bootywow that can give you nice shape of your butt.

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Big butts on men are sexy. Quit being paranoid about the homo and don't be afraid to show off your thrusting power.
    Gym lifts: 260/130/285
    Meet lifts: 245/130/285

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893