Closed Thread
    planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Odd Injury from Hang Cleans

So four days ago from today (the 24th) I did some hang cleans.

Always do warm up sets, and was keeping my working weight light, since my it was my press day and was there for over head pressing.
    >Did just the bar for maybe 3 sets of 10?
    >Did maybe 10=15 singles with 55kg.
    >Working weight was 65kg.
    >Did 3 sets of 5 for my over head pressing along with about 5-8 singles of hang cleans
    >Proceed to finish the rest of my pressing on benches. About half an hour.

I wanted to do more hang cleans, so I did maybe 10 singles with 65kg. Really to just work on my form, as I've only incorporated cleans into my work out less than a month ago.

Later that night I noticed a sharp pain developing in my upper lower leg. The best way to describe this pain is that it's coming form the outside part of my lower leg. Right below the outside knee. There is no visible bruising and indication of swelling. I've never had a previous injury on my left leg. RICING doesn't seem to do ****. I only feel the pain when I do a squatting motion and on stairs.

This is my first injury within the 2.5 years that I've been seriously lifting. I've always been extremely critical of my technique, so I don't think the injury came from squatting or deadlifting earlier in the week.

I am originally from Hawaii, and in school at seattle, and wednesday was the coldest it has been since I've been here. Something I've been considering is that my knee's got cold while benching, and when I went back to cleans, something happened there?

I've ordered some blue rehband knee sleeves since then and I'm eager to get back to squating. I'm getting frustrated and worried so I figured I'd ask.

planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10) planetside is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be a little more specific on the location of the pain, it's coming from my medial hamstring tendon/biceps femoris. I did do some box jumps earlier in week so that could be a causative factor as well. I just want some help assessing my injury so can finish a squat goal that I am so close to achieving by the end of the year.

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i think there is only one person who is actually qualified to diagnose injuries here and he certainly isn't qualified to do it over the internet.

if you're worried about it, go see a doctor. or wait it out and do some popular rehab techniques.

Proper rehab techniques, entailing what exactly? Try to get more blood flow in that area with cycling?

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by baxtej44 View Post
    if you're worried about it, go see a doctor/chiro/pt/athletic trainer
    go to someone who is reasonably trained and can ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY SEE/TOUCH YOU AND GET A FREAKIN' DIAGNOSIS.

Then you can come back and ask for additional things to try for rehab/prehab/mobility.

but none of us can assist you with anything other than random guessing without a diagnosis.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*