shootingform is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Starting Strength Getting Stronger For Baketball & Dunk !!!

I’m 18 Years Old basketball player before College
    Height- 6’0 Weight - 155lbs BF- 14%
    Squat - 190lbs
    Deadlift - 200lbs
    Bench press - 130lbs
    Overhead press - 85lbs
    I know I’m not strong enough.
    My goals - Gain Strength as possible 2x bodyweight squat for dunking
    Gain 10-20lbs of muscle, be more explosive and better player with heavy squat and deadlift.
    Now I’m in off-season

My questions is -
    1-Is Starting Strength Program is right fit for me?
    2-How long gain 10-20lbs of muscle should take ?
    3-can I add low intensity Plyometrics ?
    4-The Starting Strength will not make me a fat type player ?

If you watch NBA or NFL
    I see players like
    Kyle Lowry (NBA) he’s 6’1 and he 200lbs
    Saquan Barkley (NFL) he’s 6’0 and he 235lbs
    I’m just 155lbs so i must gain muscle.

Thank you !

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you actually going to be on a college team or do you have delusions of making a team? If you are going to be on a college team then go ask your S&C coach. I assume you're playing HS ball - does your HS have a S&C program? If so, follow it. If not, then starting strength is a fine novice program to follow. You should have started it in 9th grade though as college players are expected to come in knowing how to lift. Plyometrics and low intensity are words that aren't to be spoken together. Plyometrics are always done with high intensity. Having said that, there are some plyometric routines a novice (i.e. not yet benching 1-1.5x BW and 2.5BW squat) like you can do a couple of times a week at the start of your workout that are safe.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Considering its November, you should be playing on a team right now and have other priorities than doubling your squat.

If you are not playing, being able to dunk will not get you a scholarship.