Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ama311518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread man, thanks for sharing

Girth6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another follow up and warning. In transitioning from hill to flatland sprints, be sure to use the sled or GO SLOW. By that, I simply mean don't go 100% on that transition to flatland. The hill sprints, are great at teaching acceleration angle, increasing turnover rate, and keep output down for sure. The thing they lack however is a full stride. I was reminded of this last week when going from the hill to flat sprints. I didn't want to get the sled out, and I didn't expect my speed to be where it was, so I didn't intend to hold back. Which, when you've done this long enough, you know your cadence and how light your feet feel as to where your speed is at. Sure enough, on the third set of 5, I got the hamstring complaint. I can't say if it was a pull or simply an "over-use" injury due to working a range of motion that was dormant for too long.

That said I had to shut it down for the day and move on to weights. However, I was able to do hill sprints AGAIN for high volume, only 2 days later. So the range of motion that was affected is definitely not getting hit with the hills. More evidence that the missing piece must be adapted to stress in a controlled fashion.

FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100) FreddyKingsly is not very well liked. (-100)
    nice!

Time to check in again. Just finishing up the second 3 week block, with RM's at 80% for Squat and Bench. After the first 3 weeks and the PR's achieved there, I added 15 lbs to the bench working max and 35 lbs to the squat working max for this block. With that increase I was still able to hit 13 reps at 80% for Squat and 12 at 80% for Bench. Considering my training age, that's still pretty damn good. There is much to be said for high volume submaximal work leading to strength gains, and this system is proving it out quite soundly.

I was still doing "small" hill sprints as the hamstring isn't 100%. I'm pretty confident it is more of an overuse injury rather than a pull. The runs are still in the range of 480 to 750 yards/session, 3 times a week. That's A LOT. However, my speed IS getting back to where it was, even with the substantial volume.

The next step will be flatland sprints at near maximal speed until I feel comfortable in pushing it. The volume will be lessened substantially and perhaps dropped to twice/week. I'm pretty sure that with the lessened volume, the hamstring will feel better.

Tempo runs will also be added back in for the next 3 weeks. I had been doing about 2000 yards/week of tempos prior to starting this. The residual effects of the cardiovascular condition that I had prior to starting this have definitely left. It took about 30 days to dissipate, just as the literature points to. The problem I've always had with the addition of tempo runs is that my legs never seem to recover and I'll lose about 10 lbs. The weight I could care less about, but the fatigue from the pounding of daily running is always a concern. Even when done on grass. I know some like to use bikes and pools for their tempo work, but I prefer to work in segments of positional moves as part of the tempo runs. And that just can't be done without getting on the field.

I'm pretty sure the addition of the tempos will negate substantial strength gains in the next block, but I'm not going to deviate from the plan until I've done it as proposed thus far. Back with more as I experience it.

It turns out the hamstring wasn't ready yet. Same one strained at about the same point in the regimen today. It seems to hit at about the 200 yd mark. I'm now curious if my running form is wrong, or if the volume truly is too great. Most resources point to 300 yards as the cap for a sprint training session. Yet through the first 4 blocks of training the volume of sprints is anywhere from 450-700+ yards/session. It could be the intensity that I am putting into the runs, or it may be that I need to transition into a consolidated stressor plan already. It's not a tear as there is never bruising. So just a pull that I can usually work through and actually continue to heal while training all but full speed sprinting.

I was hoping that endline would eventually jump back on here, and maybe give me some pointers based on his anecdotal experiences. As of right now, I'm icing the hamstring and trying to figure out a way around going back to hill runs. I know that the longer I stay away from full speed work, the longer it will take to work back into it.

SanyYu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

oh, i feel i need insist on fitness, then i could wear my night Herve Leger sexy dress on iluxshop. co , spend me 80usd

davidtran2284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much for your articles. I am planning a three-month stamina increasing program for my son. After examining carefully your topic, I decide to make an one year program to be more effective on his growth.

Just a quick note on instituting the sled training. Rather than go back to hills, I did that which still allowed for the speed work without aggravating the hamstring. The thing I like about the sled is not so much about acceleration, as I've seen too many times that acceleration is a genetic thing and can only be enhanced in the weight room. The sled provides a way for one to work on their turnover rate and concentrate on shortening ground contact times, while also enhancing speed endurance. This can be achieved with the hill as well, but the hill is more of a constant acceleration. Whereas the sled for longer distance (35yds), allows one to reach a speed where only faster turnover can be trained. The fatigue of the longer run time due to slower speed yet faster turnover is what provides for endurance. For the already strong, acceleration is not the limiting factor, it's the inability to move the feet fast enough to use it, and also use it OVER and OVER.

Cycle 3 has come to an end, and thus far, increases are still being made from a strength and size perspective. I was able to hit 8 reps on both the RM days for bench and squat. That's still keeping one in the hole for sure, as all reps at 85% are going to move slower. Stayed with the sled for the speed work, and also instituted high, low, and med volume days for it, as well as the jumps and throws. My uphill triple jump has increased by over 2 feet, and my throws have gone further as well. Harder to put a number on that one, as I train alone and simply throw the ball, walk to it, throw it again, for the number of reps required. Total distance however is greater, which is an easy enough way to ensure progress.

Cycle 4 begins today, and I'll once again attempt to sprint without resistance. I HAVE to put the tempos back in there this cycle as my aerobic capacity is just aweful in my mind. I'm guessing this will be the end of my weight gain, and most likely prevent any more large jumps in weight. I've seen it too many times in the past for this to be different.

Suffice to say, I am looking forward to the end of this 3 month span, as getting to the end of each week is both a mental battle and reward. Consolidation of the stressors and less volume will be much needed as the lower body joints tell me time and again. It will also be a necessity in order to get my full speed back. Being "somewhat" fried all the time will never allow for top speed achievement, but then again, that's not what I expected to happen at this point anyhow.

My final cycle will have me at a working max that is 70 lbs greater than the first cycle for squats, and 30 lbs greater for bench. I'd call that pretty good for a guy who's been training for as long as many who read this, have been alive.

As promised, I saw this through to fruition. As expected, the tempos knocked about 5 lbs off of my bodyweight. The good thing however is that I was finally able to get through full speed sprint training. Why did it work this time.....Despite all the evidence against static stretching, I put that back into my warmup. But if you think about it, you'll know why and what to include. The arguments against static stretching are valid in that they do reduce power output slightly. But with the hamstrings, that's what most need. Hamstring pulls are often due to their firing TOO quickly and thus at the wrong time. So slowing them down with a little via stretching actually prevented this.

I hit the weights I projected and was able to 6RM the increased working max on Squats and 7RM the new max on Bench. I also have added about 15 lbs of bodyweight over this time frame even with the 5 lb loss from the tempo work. If I can do that at almost 40 years old, with 25+ years of constant training, you boys in the 15-25 range will surely see better results than I!

Great work Endline and Juggernaut Training. Yeah I'll enjoy the down week IMMENSELY, but no one said it would be easy in the first place!

Registered User EndLineTraining's Avatar
    EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up 2015 Off-Season at WHS

Just wanted to share some improvements from the HS football team I now train. They have been following a 5 day format of this program for the past 12 weeks. Only a few freshmen who had prior lifting experience have been following this program, besides those few all the athletes are currently soph/juniors. We are not a very big team(only one guy on the list is over 300 and only 6 over 200 pounds) so I feel these improvements are pretty solid with that in mind.

2015 Off-Season Improvements
    1. Bryson 325 to 460=135 pounds
    2. Nate 405 to 465=60 pounds
    3. Alex 315 to 405=90 pounds
    4. Trevor 295 to 390=95 pounds
    5. Ty 235 to 345=110 pounds
    6. Brian 170 to 300=130 pounds
    7. Trevor 245 to 345=100
    8. Chad 235 to 345=110 pounds
    9. Andrew 150 to 220=70 pounds
    10. Rashad 245 to 285=40 pounds
    11. Moises 260 to 325=65 pounds
    12. Christian 210 to 275=65 pounds
    13. Gaines 200 to 325=125 pounds
    14. Jesse 145 to 245=100 pounds
    15. Dillian 225 to 335=110 pounds
    16. David 165 to 265=100 pounds
    17. Alex 160 to 265=105 pounds
    18. Efren 285 to 355=70 pounds
    19. Chase 260 to 350=90 pounds
    Average improvement=95 pounds

***I have before and after videos that I will post on my YouTube channel by the end of the week of all my athletes.

These are the athletes that are here every day and have really bought into the program. These are the type of improvements anyone out there should see if they follow everything I've outlined and don't take any shortcuts or miss/skip days/exercises. The next group of athletes saw decent improvements but they just weren't as consistent with the program due to illness, play another sport(athletes are allowed to miss lift on game days), or some bullshiiii.

1. Eric 300 to 365=65 pounds
    2. Bryce 175 to 245=70 pounds
    3. William 225 to 300=75 pounds
    4, Jalen 250 to 300=50 pounds
    5, Jack 215 to 300=85 pounds
    6. Zack 165 to 210=45 pounds
    7. Ahmed 280 to 320=40 pounds
    8. Karstn 280 to 320=40 pounds
    9. Cameron 280 to 320=40 pounds
    10. Joe 205 to 245=40 pounds
    11. Broadi 250 to 320=70 pounds
    12. Kian 260 to 305=45 pounds
    13. Towns 155 to 220=65 pounds

Average improvement=55 pounds
    Overall we started the year with 7 guys squatting over 300 pounds and now we have 27 guys over 300 pounds.

Luckily most all the projected starters are on the first group. There is one more group of guys that had injuries/needed surgery after the season that were not included along with a few more guys who have their mommies write them a lot of notes to miss so their data is not valid.

I'll check back here for a couple weeks in case anyone has any questions on the program(Been busy at the gym 12 hours a day so don't have much time for anything else.).
    I don't think this is the best program out there for every HS kid but it has a lot of advantages over what most high school kids/teams are doing so I want to help anyone who is interested in trying it out. It's not too late to start doing it(obviously not in it's entirety at this point).
    CEO/Head Physical Preparation Coach- End Line Training Systems
    M.S. Kinesiology-Sport Sciences CSU Fullerton
    B.S. Exercise Science, USAW1
    www.endlinetraining.com
    www.********.com/endlinetraining
    Former D1 Football Player
    585 Back Squat
    405 Front Squat
    500 deadlift
    355 bench
    http://endlinetraining.com/2013/12/03/the-best-off-season-ever/
    365x3 Front Squat http://instagram.com/p/n6Fb3tjQsx/

Iwillbethe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've seen your program thoroughly, gone through your website and seen your conditioning page. I started the linebacker format you had posted on that article 1 month ago. I've been more conditioned but I'm worrying that I'm not getting faster. Does it not help me get faster? Also, i do 5 hill runs before everyday.
    I'm considering on starting a block of yours and finishing the whole outline afterwards but I never started before because my team also has off-season work outs and speed training. My coaches are big on commitment, which i have, about showing up everyday. The problem is if i do follow your workout and lift your workout in the morning and do my coahces' workout in the afternoon (monday,tuesday,thursday all 5-7ish and saturday 10:30-12:45 all including speed training) i'm afraid i'll somehow end up hindering my strength development due to too much stress.
    (this happened earlier; i had maxed on bench press in the first week on december and on the first week on feburary and instead of increasing it dropped by 5 pounds but my squat, deadlift, power clean, and hang clean all increased. i had followed a 5x5 setup in the morning which followed upper body on mon. lower on wed. and explosion such as clean on fri. no speed or running done. and lifted with another coach after my afternoon workout.) <--- i was basically lifting everyday and twice on monday.
    So Keith, i ask this:
    Should i follow your workout in the morning and workout with my coaches mon, tues, thurs, and sat. and run mon-fri. Or what do you recommend?

Registered User EndLineTraining's Avatar
    EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would not follow my program. Follow what your coaches have you do. Sit down and talk to them way before practice or after practice about the rationale of how the program is being run so you can better understand it. Once you know more details then you can implement what is lacking during the mornings on mon weds and Friday. Most HS programs are limited on time and often skip out on torso work, single arm work, body weight exercises, injury prevention and mobility work.

Here would be an example day
    Glute activation drills (prone glute contractions, side clams, glute bridges, birddogs)
    Deadbugs
    Single leg raises
    Double leg extensions
    # planks and side planks
    Farmer walks
    Dips
    Chin-ups
    Half kneeling press
    Push-ups (could be plyo, straight bw or with weight)
    Chinese planks
    Back extensions
    Band shoulders
    Stretch 7-10 mins
    CEO/Head Physical Preparation Coach- End Line Training Systems
    M.S. Kinesiology-Sport Sciences CSU Fullerton
    B.S. Exercise Science, USAW1
    www.endlinetraining.com
    www.********.com/endlinetraining
    Former D1 Football Player
    585 Back Squat
    405 Front Squat
    500 deadlift
    355 bench
    http://endlinetraining.com/2013/12/03/the-best-off-season-ever/
    365x3 Front Squat http://instagram.com/p/n6Fb3tjQsx/

Iwillbethe1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the Troy and the outline. I'll follow your example day cause you are right. We don't do any arm work or mobility. I'll be focusing on shoulders bacon and other isolated movements.
    Thanks

I see you posted not long ago in here Keith, so I'll put up a question for all to see that might help them as well. In the SPP phases, particularly 2, 3, and 4. What kind of scheme do you employ for the %'s prescribed for the main exercises? When it's GPP phase, I know you use the Juggernaut method, but in SPP, I would think that to be too intense. I'm leaning towards and have been using Prilipen's chart. For SPP2 - Speed, I would use the low end of the rep range for a given % and the high end of volume. For SPP3 - Power, I was thinking the same with regard to reps but perhaps lower end of volume. And finally for SPP4 - Alactic Capacity I would use the high end of reps, limited rest and probably mid range volume.

Just curious as to how strength should be trained during periods when the primary target is not in the weight room. It's pretty easy to quantify progression in GPP as the strength is measured via RM's at the end of each block. But these "maintenance" phases are a bit tough to gauge. Thus, I'm curious as to what you have found to be the best implementation of strength work which not only ensures maintenance/progress, yet also doesn't detract from the CNS's ability to train our main goals of speed and power improvement?

PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulSmith32 is not very well liked. (-100)
    perfect article learn a lot from it

it's time to make a year program

meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meko5561 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump again

churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wouldnt training 5 days per week with 3 sprinting/jumping days be considered overtraining?
    15 years old
    Best meet lifts: 468/242/441 raw w/ sleeves
    Best gym lifts: 550/270/515 @ 198
    USPA Sub-Junior 13-15 American Squat Record Holder
    Next Meet: USPA Raw Nationals on July 8th, 2017
    Journey to becoming the first teenager to total 2000 in sleeves

ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ormaman333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    great thread thank you

fionakeaton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very well explained

geoffshort2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some great tips here

geoffshort2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not at all!

rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100) rubelahamed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Bumped again

Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100) Janeere is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good advices. Thank you a lot for sharing! Despite years past it's still useful.
    job program description

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    great article, really helpfull for me.

selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100) selohalal is not very well liked. (-100)

Some great tips here

Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    Great read!
    Some great tips here