Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GixxerWebbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GixxerWebbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking after cut

I've decided I'm going to bulk at last 3 months cutting has brought me from 206 to 175 around 18% bodyfat 5ft 9

Can someone put it plain simple how long is an ideal bulk ? Dirty or clean ? I'm aiming for 190-200 but bodyfat to be very similar to now if not abit less that will be after a second cut

Thanks guys

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GixxerWebbo View Post
    I've decided I'm going to bulk at last 3 months cutting has brought me from 206 to 175 around 18% bodyfat 5ft 9

Can someone put it plain simple how long is an ideal bulk ? Dirty or clean ? I'm aiming for 190-200 but bodyfat to be very similar to now if not abit less that will be after a second cut

Thanks guys

I'm currently shooting of .5lb per week as a target. The consensus seems to be that is a good target for gains, but minimal fat gain. I'm in the very early stages so I can't speak from experience yet.

GixxerWebbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GixxerWebbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your input,
    was thinking the same thing 0.5 a week is ideal for endomorphs like me who benefit from a clean slow bulk from what I'm told.

that's 2 pound a month and I want to get to 185-190 so looking like 6-7 month bulk

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thanks guys

How many years have you been lifting? What is your training like? Have you bulked before, how much did you gain on that pass if applicable?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FITNESSB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks guys
    go for the Slow bulk at 0.5 lb a week. It will keep the body fat levels low. I've done slow and fast bulk before. Slow was good for me.
    Last edited by FITNESSB1; 11-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no such thing as an endomorph, but an endomorph is an overweight person. You are 5'8 so aim to gain half a pound a week max, if your avi is current drop at least another 15 lbs first.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    How many years have you been lifting? What is your training like? Have you bulked before, how much did you gain on that pass if applicable?
    Im very new to lifting a couple of months behind me is all . Training 3 days a week heavy and low reps to maintain muscle on cut . I haven't bulked before . I'm not aiming for a competition body I just want sizeable mass with body fat 15-20 %

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    There is no such thing as an endomorph, but an endomorph is an overweight person. You are 5'8 so aim to gain half a pound a week max, if your avi is current drop at least another 15 lbs first.
    Ok many people believe there are three main body types In regards to the way in which people naturally grow and are composed I'm sure ur aware but obviously aren't a believer which I must admit I am skeptical of people use as an excuse to be fatter including me !

Secondly yes 0.5 is the way forward apparently so thanks for your advice .

Thirdly yes that is a couple of days old avi ! I'm 5ft 9 175 which brings me to just overweight BMI and an average body fat percentage for males my age 22 at 18-20% I was aiming for 15% bodyfat with my cut and would say 8-10 pound should get me near there but have read articles suggesting you don't knees to get shredded to bulk up especially if it's not your goal to be ripped out in the end ? Please correct me if I'm wrong

Was hoping I could bulk 4-5 months cut 6-8 weeks and bulk again this way I'll gain muscle and the cuts will reduce my bodyfat percentage ? Plus muscle burns calories so more LBM easier to burn calories meaning easier to lose weight ?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are infinite variations of the body, not types, those are proven to not exist and are just stereotypes.

Meso = lean muscular
    endo = fat person
    ecto = thin person

The fact that you can change this means they are just a stereotype and title.
    Get down to about 10-12%, 15 is way too fat to begin a bulk, you will only have to cut for even longer. 10% is a good male bodyfat percentage to have and is easily achievable.
    Muscle wont burn more calories, its only about 7 calories per pound.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gunhell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you are too fat to start a bulk. You will regret soon after you start your bulk. Just my opinion though.

So looks like I'm sticking with a cut for a lot longer then , thanks for everyone's input do appreciate it !

hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50) hema94x will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks guys
    aim for 0.5lb /week.......also make sure u increase calories slowly like 100-200/week in order not to get much fat.

pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    everyone is different! i know that feel when u finished ur cut and dont wanna lose that leaness but key is just dont overeat. many will binge on regular basis as they will think 'oh well these r gonna b GAINZ'....reality its gonna b fat. ur only gonna build so much muscle a week/month
    Do follow

Instagram // twitter @pierrson

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Gunhell View Post
    you are too fat to start a bulk. You will regret soon after you start your bulk. Just my opinion though.
    Your opinion is chit.
    So looks like I'm sticking with a cut for a lot longer then , thanks for everyone's input do appreciate it !
    Bulk.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personally I go by the following philosophy:

The less trained you are the higher your bf% should be when you start your bulk as you dont have enough LBM to even make considering going as low as 10-12% even worth it. The more trained you become and the more bulk/cut cycles you have done the lower the bf% you should cut to each time.

So at first I cut down to 15%

Then I bulked

Current cut will be going down to 12%

Then I'll bulk

Following cut will be down to 10%

Then bulk

Cut after that (probably 2-3 years from now) will be down to 8%

That is just my personal plan, different for everyone and should always be a very individual decision. Dont keep bulking if your fat and feeling miserable at your weight, dont keep cutting if you feel weak and look scrawny.

Thanks guys I really really appreciate your input honestly is it worth me sticking with the cut until 15 % ? I feel skinny fat at the moment my strength has dropped I've defo lost muscle like I say I'm not looking for rippling abs just big size without the massive gut !

All I got from the earlier posts is go back to the treadmill you fat **** lol but reading the newer comments from you guys kind of makes me think I should bulk what's ur opinions ?

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ye like I said if you feel weak and small then its time to start bulking, so you dont need to wait until 15% at all, that was just me personally. just go for the bulk mate

Really appreciate ur feedback mate will defo go for a bulk then clean and low weight gain hopefully be mostly muscle gain that way

Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think bulking is a mistake.
    www.********.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my ******** page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!
    www.youtube.com/ritchiedrama7
    www.instagram.com/ritchiedrama

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLBJKxbG4 - 2 year Transformation video

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160090901 ~ My powerlifting log.

1 RM's:

Bench: 310 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 375 lbs

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    I think bulking is a mistake.
    Any more feedback ?

Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any more feedback ?
    well the advantages of going below 15% and then bulking are worthwhile. Fat gain is much less when you are lower bf.

You should really stick out the cut, hitting 10-12% is NOT difficult by any stretch. Your choice though, but you're acting as if its much harder than it really is.
    www.********.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my ******** page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!
    www.youtube.com/ritchiedrama7
    www.instagram.com/ritchiedrama

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLBJKxbG4 - 2 year Transformation video

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160090901 ~ My powerlifting log.

1 RM's:

Bench: 310 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 375 lbs

ImADoer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImADoer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImADoer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    look man, there is a lot of different opinions and everybody will give your their opinion but at the end you will walk you own road, if you feel you need to add some muscle than Bulk, if you think you should lose some fat the cut. do what YOU want to do.

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    well the advantages of going below 15% and then bulking are worthwhile. Fat gain is much less when you are lower bf.

You should really stick out the cut, hitting 10-12% is NOT difficult by any stretch. Your choice though, but you're acting as if its much harder than it really is.
    also the prospect of having better nutrient partitioning at a lower bf%, ritchie is right that it would be better

Ok so crank out some cardio get the bf down then hit a bulk .

Also I am aware it's all my own preference but do appreciate advice from
    People have been there done it and can tell me where I may go wrong

All ur opinions and feedback are fantastic

Thanks all !

thats the thing man you cant really go wrong, thats why it is personal.

If you wanna know what would be the absolutely most optimal for you physically then its going to be to cut sub 15%, however if your feeling weak and small and psycologically shtty then the most optimal choice will be to bulk.

80% of the battle is in your mind.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks guys
    I dont say this to be mean but I think your above 18% body fat and would suggest getting an accurate test done and continuing to cut. Dont worry so much about aiming for time periods or specific weight ranges, instead I would suggest a targeted body fat range to adhere to that fits your goals. It doesnt matter what your weight is, 20% bf is still considered fat.

You would need to decide what your own goals are but I would suggest something like 10-15% bf. This way no matter if your cutting or bulking your appearance remains lean. Ex: Cut to 10%, bulk to 15% repeat

I dont want to get off topic but there are also some positives to bulking when you start off lean too.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantsquat4chit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your input,
    was thinking the same thing 0.5 a week is ideal for endomorphs like me who benefit from a clean slow bulk from what I'm told.

that's 2 pound a month and I want to get to 185-190 so looking like 6-7 month bulk
    You're not an endormoph. You just eat too much.

Clean or dirty, it's all personal preference.

I for one find it very demotivating gaining 1lb every year and spinning your wheels on your lifts doing it clean.

Dirty just feels 'right' to me. It's a lot easier to shed fat than to gain muscle, IMO.

But since you're worrying about aesthetics, clean is the ideal way to go, then.
    Iced coffees, energy drinks in gym. I make them mad
    Losing ~1lb every week eating McDonald's every day
    Abuses the chit out of IIFYM
    I'm lovin it

I do feel weak I do feel small and get a lot of feedback from people that I look strange currently but that's because I'm skinny fat I suppose I look at people's profiles pics and transformations and there are some ridiculous 8 packs and that going on but that is by no means my target .

I read an article on muscle and stregth forum about cutting and bulking starting overweight and the guy was much less specific saying if u feel happy with clothes on in the mirror then then u can start a slow bulk and there's no point shredding the last few pounds away when ur gna bulk for mass ! This makes a lot of sense to me but everywhere else I read say 10-12 % bodyfat for a bulk !!

Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Glassman1993 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

My input

Im currently dealing with the same problem, I was 20% bf and said f' it I want gains.. And I ended up just getting fatter with a decent diet, when ur above 15% body fat your insulin sensitivity isn't great so its a lot easier to put on fat. Im back to 20% B.F now and ill cut to 12% before a bulk. Im aiming for powerlifting but I don't believe that you have to be fat to be strong, im doing 2400 calories on training days, 1900 on off days. For me I lose 1lb a week with absolutely no cardio, while following the Starting Strength program. Be patient and ull get there, best of luck.

Seems to me the general rule is 10-15 max then bulk .

I think I'm also fed up with dieting 3 and a bit months its so boring !! I think stick at it lose another 10-12 pound and hope for a better bodyfat percentage along the way ;-)