marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to break a Guinness World Strength Record!

Every kid dreams of breaking a genuine Guinness World Record for an event that can be legitimately classified as ‘epically awesome’ and totally strength-related, preferably in a ‘super-hero’ kind of way.

In January 2011 I broke the Official Guinness World Record for the 5 meter (5.46 yards) rope climb and it still stands today. The 5 Meter Rope Climb is the world-standard measure for rope climbing strength and one of the most extreme bodyweight tests ever devised; just ask Spider Man! It is measured by how many times you can climb up (and down) a 5m rope, using hands only; no legs. The Guinness rules state that you must begin in the seated position and only the ‘up’ climbed meters are counted; you can’t slide/drop down and you must touch your butt on the ground at each completed rep.

Rope climbing has blue ribbon sports pedigree - it was an original ancient Olympic event and a modern Olympic event until the 1930s. It’s a proven force in building incredible, functional body strength. These days you’ll climbing ropes at all Olympic gyms for wrestling, judo and gymnastics, as well as in all military fitness training facilities and commercial UFC, MMA and Cross Fit gyms.

On the ‘World Record’ day in the Australian TV studio, I climbed 27.8 metres within the 60 sec time limit to clinch the best climb in history. The crazy thing is that I was a seasoned veteran of 44 years when I broke a World Record that set by a shredded 24 year old Olympic gymnast. And I smashed his record by 8.8 meters! I still have to pinch myself every morning to believe it actually happened!

However, it’s one thing to break a world record; it’s another thing altogether to actually hold on to it. That’s why, naturally, many tough guys around the world, with strong arms and vice-like grip see my record as theirs for the taking. Bring it on, I say!

It’s worth noting that over the past three years there have been many serious attempts to break my record by Olympic wrestlers and gymnasts, as well as Chinese State Acrobats, elite Special Forces units and famous mountain and free-wall climbers. But it’s still mine... and now I am stronger than I have ever been, and know I can even do better!

I began training for rope climbing in 1999 with a very intense group of hardcore individuals at Bondi Beach in Australia; it was a motley crew of ex-commandos, body builders, MMA fighters and Olympic wrestlers. The daily training regime usually consists of sand-sprints and ocean swimming, followed by massive pyramid sets of pull ups, push ups, dips and crunches. To fortify the training, the guys hang gymnastic climbing ropes from the Bondi Beach cliffs and climb multiple reps, non-stop, for up to three hours.

The beach cliffs are a truly inspirational physical training environment. Located on the edge of the Pacific ocean, with golden sands and big blue skies, you just want to give 100%. Forever. And the guys don’t tolerate ‘soft’ training and have no capacity for ‘pity’, so quitting, (or falling on the jagged rocks 9 yards below), is never an option! The camaraderie inspires everyone to transcend the limits of any artificially perceived ‘reality’, man.

People presume that to break a body weight, power-to-weight ratio World Record I must be ‘small guy’. They are usually surprised to discover that I stand 6’ 1” and weigh in at 180lbs. I train with wrestlers who fly up the rope and are a shredded 220 lbs. They swear by the rope for creating phenomenal grip strength that gives them the edge in any hand-to-hand combat situation. If you have ever grappled, you will know that superior ‘wrist-control’ is a valuable weapon in your arsenal. Developing the flexibility and strength to flick the equivalent of your body weight around with a single arm/hand is useful for more than just opening pickle jars!

Strict nutrition and a positive attitude were also crucial to my success in breaking (and keeping!) my World Record. My nutrition plan features lean chicken, fish, eggs, brown rice, many vegetables, lots of fruit and plenty of water. Thanks to BODYBUILDING, I supplement with a variety of creatine, amino acids and protein powders. Rope climbing is a strength sport in which success can be measured by mere inches, so over many years, I have fine-tuned a natural nutrition and strategic supplementation program that has produced astonishing results.

My family have been crucial in their support. I wanted to celebrate that being a dad with two kids would make me stronger and love life even more. My wife and daughters, Emma, Jasmine (12) and Willow (8) are also my inspirational motivators and relentless cheerleaders; they hop on my back and shoulders as I do thousands of chin-ups, push-ups and sit-ups each week. Thanks girls!

Way back in the 70s my dad was a fitness and health ‘nut’, he would encourage me to copy him as he did many push ups, pull ups and sit ups. The crazy thing is I never intended to break any world record, ever. I was an adman for 10 years, creating various campaigns for multinationals companies, but I wanted to get out of the office and on to the beach with my family! It all just evolved from enjoying my physical training and outdoor lifestyle.

Holding the World Record has allowed me the privilege to train with top gymnasts, fire/rescue crews and special forces teams all over the world; I have also featured in men’s health and fitness magazines and appear at fitness expos all over the world. I truly enjoy training with great, positive people, from New York to Kiev to Singapore.
    All I want for you is what I want for me; to be happy and healthy. I hope my story has provided some semblance of inspiration for everyone who wants to take it up a notch!

Marcus Bondi’s’ You Tube channel and website feature the World Record Rope Climb clip and have had over 10 million hits, making him a genuine internet strength and fitness sensation.

***ENDS ************************************************** *********************
    Hi Guys - I hope you like this article - it's original and never been published anywhere. Please let me know if you would like any more info/details pics.
    I am trying to send some great pics - I have been a member/customer for years, but have only 3 posts...

marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50) marcusbondi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

World Record breaker Pics

Dear BB friends - please find some pics - Best cheers!
    And please feel free to post any questions, comments, etc etc
    Attached Images
    Last edited by marcusbondi; 11-18-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Official Guinness World Record Holder:
    *5 meter rope climb (60 sec time limit) - 27.8 meters
    *15 Supinated Muscle Ups
    PBs:
    *6 x One Arm Pull Ups (Each arm)
    *2 x One Arm Pull Ups w/16kg Kettle Bell
    *4 x Chin Ups (Full rep) with 180lbs weight belt
    *31 Chin Ups + Body weight (180 lbs) in 60 mins
    *35 sec Front Lever Hold
    *10 x Front Lever Pull Ups
    *Marathon PB 2:42.53

Over 10 million views on YouTube 'marcusbondi' and www.marcusbondi.com

paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paul desimone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

very cool

[your article is very cool and.congrats on your accomplishment. the 2 hand any way is the oldest record in sports history and still stands to this day. but most people have never done the bent press. so these types of records are not looked at the same way as others. such as the bench press or curl . sonce 99% of people who work out have done a bench press or arm curls. you have a lot more credability to the lift. meaning if 1 billion people have tried bench press and only 1 million have tried climbing.a rope the difference is huge and a lot greater for new records. hence why only 3 men have raw bench pressed over 700 pounds. think of how many people have tried to bench press.
    so you may hold on to your record for a long time. but now with crossfit being.so popular rope clbing could grow and u may see your record getting crushed. the other thing you should mention is slimbing a rope is a.genetic phenomely were strong upper body and.core with small legs light legs is the ideal situation. being completly unbalanced physique wise. which is for who ever climbimg a rope genetically impared if they dont have that type of physique. and inturn if they did their 3 reps on that rope would be more rewarding then someone doing 10. again its a genetic phenomaly . and you are amazing at what you do. but im writing this comment for the normal person who is going to think they can break your record. goes to climb a rope and breaks there neck. lets face it there are a lot of people loke that!

QUOTE=marcusbondi;1162683803]How to break a Guinness World Strength Record!

Every kid dreams of breaking a genuine Guinness World Record for an event that can be legitimately classified as ‘epically awesome’ and totally strength-related, preferably in a ‘super-hero’ kind of way.

In January 2011 I broke the Official Guinness World Record for the 5 meter (5.46 yards) rope climb and it still stands today. The 5 Meter Rope Climb is the world-standard measure for rope climbing strength and one of the most extreme bodyweight tests ever devised; just ask Spider Man! It is measured by how many times you can climb up (and down) a 5m rope, using hands only; no legs. The Guinness rules state that you must begin in the seated position and only the ‘up’ climbed meters are counted; you can’t slide/drop down and you must touch your butt on the ground at each completed rep.

Rope climbing has blue ribbon sports pedigree - it was an original ancient Olympic event and a modern Olympic event until the 1930s. It’s a proven force in building incredible, functional body strength. These days you’ll climbing ropes at all Olympic gyms for wrestling, judo and gymnastics, as well as in all military fitness training facilities and commercial UFC, MMA and Cross Fit gyms.

On the ‘World Record’ day in the Australian TV studio, I climbed 27.8 metres within the 60 sec time limit to clinch the best climb in history. The crazy thing is that I was a seasoned veteran of 44 years when I broke a World Record that set by a shredded 24 year old Olympic gymnast. And I smashed his record by 8.8 meters! I still have to pinch myself every morning to believe it actually happened!

However, it’s one thing to break a world record; it’s another thing altogether to actually hold on to it. That’s why, naturally, many tough guys around the world, with strong arms and vice-like grip see my record as theirs for the taking. Bring it on, I say!

It’s worth noting that over the past three years there have been many serious attempts to break my record by Olympic wrestlers and gymnasts, as well as Chinese State Acrobats, elite Special Forces units and famous mountain and free-wall climbers. But it’s still mine... and now I am stronger than I have ever been, and know I can even do better!

I began training for rope climbing in 1999 with a very intense group of hardcore individuals at Bondi Beach in Australia; it was a motley crew of ex-commandos, body builders, MMA fighters and Olympic wrestlers. The daily training regime usually consists of sand-sprints and ocean swimming, followed by massive pyramid sets of pull ups, push ups, dips and crunches. To fortify the training, the guys hang gymnastic climbing ropes from the Bondi Beach cliffs and climb multiple reps, non-stop, for up to three hours.

The beach cliffs are a truly inspirational physical training environment. Located on the edge of the Pacific ocean, with golden sands and big blue skies, you just want to give 100%. Forever. And the guys don’t tolerate ‘soft’ training and have no capacity for ‘pity’, so quitting, (or falling on the jagged rocks 9 yards below), is never an option! The camaraderie inspires everyone to transcend the limits of any artificially perceived ‘reality’, man.

People presume that to break a body weight, power-to-weight ratio World Record I must be ‘small guy’. They are usually surprised to discover that I stand 6’ 1” and weigh in at 180lbs. I train with wrestlers who fly up the rope and are a shredded 220 lbs. They swear by the rope for creating phenomenal grip strength that gives them the edge in any hand-to-hand combat situation. If you have ever grappled, you will know that superior ‘wrist-control’ is a valuable weapon in your arsenal. Developing the flexibility and strength to flick the equivalent of your body weight around with a single arm/hand is useful for more than just opening pickle jars!

Strict nutrition and a positive attitude were also crucial to my success in breaking (and keeping!) my World Record. My nutrition plan features lean chicken, fish, eggs, brown rice, many vegetables, lots of fruit and plenty of water. Thanks to BODYBUILDING, I supplement with a variety of creatine, amino acids and protein powders. Rope climbing is a strength sport in which success can be measured by mere inches, so over many years, I have fine-tuned a natural nutrition and strategic supplementation program that has produced astonishing results.

My family have been crucial in their support. I wanted to celebrate that being a dad with two kids would make me stronger and love life even more. My wife and daughters, Emma, Jasmine (12) and Willow (8) are also my inspirational motivators and relentless cheerleaders; they hop on my back and shoulders as I do thousands of chin-ups, push-ups and sit-ups each week. Thanks girls!

Way back in the 70s my dad was a fitness and health ‘nut’, he would encourage me to copy him as he did many push ups, pull ups and sit ups. The crazy thing is I never intended to break any world record, ever. I was an adman for 10 years, creating various campaigns for multinationals companies, but I wanted to get out of the office and on to the beach with my family! It all just evolved from enjoying my physical training and outdoor lifestyle.

Holding the World Record has allowed me the privilege to train with top gymnasts, fire/rescue crews and special forces teams all over the world; I have also featured in men’s health and fitness magazines and appear at fitness expos all over the world. I truly enjoy training with great, positive people, from New York to Kiev to Singapore.
    All I want for you is what I want for me; to be happy and healthy. I hope my story has provided some semblance of inspiration for everyone who wants to take it up a notch!

Marcus Bondi’s’ You Tube channel and website feature the World Record Rope Climb clip and have had over 10 million hits, making him a genuine internet strength and fitness sensation.

***ENDS ************************************************** *********************
    Hi Guys - I hope you like this article - it's original and never been published anywhere. Please let me know if you would like any more info/details pics.
    I am trying to send some great pics - I have been a member/customer for years, but have only 3 posts...[/QUOTE]
    www.thegymwarriors.com go all in or go home. elitepowerlifting.com, 2012 national deadlift champion, 2013 national and world strict curl champion. 2014 sponsored athlete and winner 1st place award by liftinglarge.com. sponsored by titan sports strength systems. 2 time mr. massachusetts body building champion and top 5 npc collegiate nationals. mr.america top 5 (4th) place 1999. only man to compete in strongman, powerlifting,and bodybuilding at the national level in the usa all in one year 2006.

Hi Paul - Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!
    Good luck with your own world record!
    Cheers
    Marcus

Originally Posted by paul desimone View Post
    [your article is very cool and.congrats on your accomplishment. the 2 hand any way is the oldest record in sports history and still stands to this day. but most people have never done the bent press. so these types of records are not looked at the same way as others. such as the bench press or curl . sonce 99% of people who work out have done a bench press or arm curls. you have a lot more credability to the lift. meaning if 1 billion people have tried bench press and only 1 million have tried climbing.a rope the difference is huge and a lot greater for new records. hence why only 3 men have raw bench pressed over 700 pounds. think of how many people have tried to bench press.
    so you may hold on to your record for a long time. but now with crossfit being.so popular rope clbing could grow and u may see your record getting crushed. the other thing you should mention is slimbing a rope is a.genetic phenomely were strong upper body and.core with small legs light legs is the ideal situation. being completly unbalanced physique wise. which is for who ever climbimg a rope genetically impared if they dont have that type of physique. and inturn if they did their 3 reps on that rope would be more rewarding then someone doing 10. again its a genetic phenomaly . and you are amazing at what you do. but im writing this comment for the normal person who is going to think they can break your record. goes to climb a rope and breaks there neck. lets face it there are a lot of people loke that!

QUOTE=marcusbondi;1162683803]How to break a Guinness World Strength Record!

I am trying to send some great pics - I have been a member/customer for years, but have only 3 posts...
    [/QUOTE]
    *15 Supinated Muscle Ups
    PBs:
    *35 sec Front Lever Hold

theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10) theswolegoal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by marcusbondi View Post

Good read and did the telegraph do a story on your rope climbing about 4-6 months ago?

Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100) Erin143 is not very well liked. (-100)
    good job

Summer2Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just don't know why people live

Hi - yes - the Daily telegraph did a great article! Best cheers bro!

Originally Posted by theswolegoal View Post
    Good read and did the telegraph do a story on your rope climbing about 4-6 months ago?
    *15 Supinated Muscle Ups
    PBs:
    *35 sec Front Lever Hold

Wink

Hi Erin - many thanks for your kind comment - cheers!

Originally Posted by Erin143 View Post
    good job
    *15 Supinated Muscle Ups
    PBs:
    *35 sec Front Lever Hold

CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Really cool! Awesome back as well.

Also, strong sig.

pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good stuff