madcowz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you take/do before/during your workout that makes a difference on your PUMP?

I've been experimenting a bit on my pre-workout nutrition to see what gives me the best pumps when I get into the gym. I find that certain foods make me a little sluggish (processed foods, too much protein), while others increase my energy and concentration levels (oats/oatmeal, fruit - although many have suggested not to consume fruits preworkout, green tea) for a great pump.

Typically I find if I eat close too my workout, I do not get a good pump (digestion drains energy). I try to leave a window of having a meal between an hour and an 90 minutes before I hit the gym. I have about 4 grams of creatine, flax seed oil, and green tea separately about 10-15 minutes before my workout.

I'm now considering making a shake to consume during the workout, but I know this is highly contested (many say not to, while some say it works). I don't know what to put in, perhaps you guys could post some suggestions as to what works for you? I don't know if I should leave out protein, b/c I know it makes you sluggish, but perhaps whey's quick absorbtion would curb that? I was thinking maybe just keep a bottle of gatorade with me and that will be all I need to give me that energy boost (especially with the sugar high), but I've read that I should save the insulin spiking for after the workout, otherwise it would be preventing GH from being released during your workout. So now I'm thinking, having a shake during your workout could help the pump with increased energy levels, however, perhaps it's counterproductive to the gains?

Should I forget about it and just stick to preworkout meal - water during workout - protein + creatine + high GI carb postworkout?

What have you guys found that helps your pump nutritionwise and supplementwise before and possibly even during your workout? Please keep to safe/natural sups only, and list only the things that have made a noticeable difference (for example if you added something to your preworkout supplementation/nutrition that didn't make any noticeable difference on your workout, but it just so happens to be a part of your nutrition. I can say that the flax seed oil I listed above doesn't make a difference on my workout, but I simply take it b/c it's good for me). List things that you have noted to negatively effected your pump as well (ie, too much protein)
    Last edited by madcowz; 08-16-2003 at 03:11 PM.

Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dont touch the green tea. It down regulates the AR's. Bad ****.
    later

In persuit of perfection. The Shizzy's Avatar
    The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd stick with the

'Should I forget about it and just stick to preworkout meal - water during workout - protein + creatine + high GI carb postworkout? '

..sounds like a plan. Works nicely for me, feel pumped in the gym and after. Drink lots of water bro.

I personally like to eat a banana before i hit the gym, usually after i take creatine. Any thoughts??
    ~

Intensity is what I do best.
    On the rise. My ascent is inevitable.

***respect only to natural lifters...***

lololol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lololol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try taking Xtreme Formulations' Vendetta and ICE.

i am hoping it will give me a 'pump' before and during my workouts and help with recovery. i plan to start the two supplements listed above on monday, when i start my new diet and routine.

vendetta is a pre-workout shake. each serving contains 168 calories, 13g of protein, 29g of carbs (which will give you the pump), and some bcaa.

ice just contains some bcaa and glutamine, which will help with recovery (hopefully). ice is taken during a workout.

OOOPS, btw those two supplements are very expensive. LOL

madcowz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Dont touch the green tea. It down regulates the AR's. Bad ****."

Could you elaborate a bit? What do mean by downregulates the ARs? Excuse my ignorance, but what are AR's?
    I just started drinking it preworkout on a suggestion, and I found that it gave me an energy boost.

philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Josh8315
    Dont touch the green tea. It down regulates the AR's. Bad ****.
    Again another piece of info that is being overblown. From all I have read on the subject, from all the opinions I have gotten from people who work in the research community and from the fact that I know some very muscular and big natural bodybuilders who use Green Tea in high dosages everyday as well as the fact that I use it all the time as well with no problems I can honestly tell you there is nothing to worry about. Again just like the creatine/glutamine absorption issue and the EFA/CLA absorption issue it is people taking something that occurs everyday in your body with just about every nutrient you could imagine and blowing it totally out of proportion. If you want to buy into these scare tactics go right ahead.

Dr.Doom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pump This...

The craziest pump i ever ever everrrrrrr got wuz takin Nox2 from Pinnacle and Trac. Trac is creatine from MHP?MRP? its good stuff, great for bbs who dont want to get lean. Also Andropoppers will make u grow in like half an hour! lol! i tried one sample once, i thought my arms were gonna pop.....
    I am living proof that one motivated individual can become what ever he sees himself to be. You can become huge if you find a way to transcend limits. Limits are what people all around you try to place on you throughout your life. Limits is what makes people mediocre. The key is not to allow them to weaken you by infecting you with their loser's attitude. Spend 99% of your time ripping yourself apart to get better, and the other 1% of your time punishing yourself because you should be further along. My advice: Becoming your own worst enemy is the only way to know greatness. This is how you overcome. - animalpak.com

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    why do you need a pump any way...