Afrozac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training Legs 3 times a week for two weeks?

Hey guys, basically I'm in the off season atm for Rugby, start of the season and club training is a long way away. After months of misdiagnoses and what not, I was diagnosed with microtears in my traps and told to take two weeks off training upper body with maybe the exception of chest and arms and not to put a barbell or any weight on my back/traps so no back squats, barbell lunges, good mornings etc.

So I've decided of maybe doing legs 3 times a week for the two week? Legs are a real week point of mine and really want them to grow. Most of you will think I'm crazy, but I love leg day and only workout I look forward to in the week haha. Routine would look something like this:

Front Squats
    Single Leg exercise
    Romain Deadlift (not even sure I can do that tbh)
    Leg Press

With them being done week1 - Monday (strength), Thursday (hypertrophy), Sunday (light). Week2 - Wednesday (strength), Saturday (hypertrophy), Tuesday (light).

I usually do 2 leg days, so don't think adding another with be that bad, and only be for two weeks?

Thanks everyone!

noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) noblet10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It all depends on the intensity and volume of your workouts. Now, the other factor is you as an individual. Your body will react differently than mine or anyone else's would. I'd also consider putting in something like lunges with dumbbells if I was you. There are also squats like jefferson and barbell hacks that you could do that don't involve putting a bar on your back. Also, jump squats and bounds will be great for developing explosive strength for rugby.

I do 3 leg days a week time to time, and my body seems to react well to it. I'd say give it a go. If you are too sore after a while, maybe back off a bit. Also, make sure you stretch well after each workout and just periodically throughout the day.

Have fun, leg day is my favorite too.
    For sick soccer skills, check out my website: http://nobletstreetsoccer.com/

The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10) The1whoBreaksU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe you could add some prowler/Sled work? Those will make your legs strong and grow. You could always make one yourself if you don't have access to either of those items. Best of all, you can do prowler/sled work more frequently. Use them for your warmups. Cool downs. And for your working sets. You can do them frequently because there's no eccentric motion to the movement so they aren't as hard on your joints. I always try to do some sled work everyday if I can. Just not always with high intensity.
    I must break you.

Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100) Rozen30 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you want to train the same body part 3 times a week, you can look up 5x5. Like people above me said, it depends on the volume and intensity. You are not gonna reach plateau by doing 1 rep with 50% of your max, neither does it help you gain strength and size.

You probably know how it is like, I am just reciting it again. And you can obviously get rid of the upper body part.

The programme basically consists of 2 workouts, to be alternated by 3 non-consecutive days a week.
    workout a:
    3x5 squat
    3x5 bench press
    1x5 deadlift

Workout b:
    3x5 squat
    3x5 standing press
    3x5 clean(bent-over row)

musabhai1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Afrozac View Post
    Hey guys, basically I'm in the off season atm for Rugby, start of the season and club training is a long way away. After months of misdiagnoses and what not, I was diagnosed with microtears in my traps and told to take two weeks off training upper body with maybe the exception of chest and arms and not to put a barbell or any weight on my back/traps so no back squats, barbell lunges, good mornings etc.

So I've decided of maybe doing legs 3 times a week for the two week? Legs are a real week point of mine and really want them to grow. Most of you will think I'm crazy, but I love leg day and only workout I look forward to in the week haha. Routine would look something like this:

Front Squats
    Single Leg exercise
    Romain Deadlift (not even sure I can do that tbh)
    Leg Press

With them being done week1 - Monday (strength), Thursday (hypertrophy), Sunday (light). Week2 - Wednesday (strength), Saturday (hypertrophy), Tuesday (light).

I usually do 2 leg days, so don't think adding another with be that bad, and only be for two weeks?

Thanks everyone!
    thanks nice sharing

chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can understand you. Do your own thing, but to properly Oh, do not affect your condition.

Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cakes89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just run smolov... 3-4x squatting per week