Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dogs.

Fierce Fluffalo GruffalosUnited's Avatar
    GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)

Dogs.

Approval from the landlord to get a dog has finally been achieved. Any suggestions on certain breeds to start researching? Any tips / advice?

Some basic info: I'm a big fan of the Shar Pei. I have a fenced back yard. I am able to walk the dog every day, multiple times a day. I live in California.

I don't know how to pick which breed I want. Or how to decide to go with a purebred or a mix. Thoughts?

Show me your dog.
    Attached Images

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shar Pei can be dog aggressive. They were originally bred to fight. Skin issues too, but all wrinkly dogs can have that.

I am starting to like the Bull Terriers. Just their small thick frames and goofy heads.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Love my English Staffy. She is the friendliest girl to humans, but look out if you are a small breed dog.

Staffy's do not like small breed dogs, except for a meal!!

Would you consider a rescue? They are usually the most faithful pets you can ever find.

This is Molly.
    “Better to be strong than pretty and useless.”

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Golden Retriever

Pros:
    -loyal
    -friendly
    -good with other dogs and kids

Cons:
    -Shed (a lot)
    -Prone to ear infections

My sweet zen mama^^^^^

On dat DL rehab time... Meatros's Avatar
    Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by UnaChispita View Post
    Pros:
    -loyal
    -friendly
    -good with other dogs and kids

Cons:
    -Shed (a lot)
    -Prone to ear infections

My sweet zen mama^^^^^
    Another pro: Was center stage in the book 'Watchers' by Dean R Koontz.... Great book - I read it multiple times in my youth...
    This universe is an uncaring and amoral place. It owes you nothing and you owe it nothing. If you can wrest happiness from it, at any point, then cherish it. Revel in that happiness.

BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just don't get a labradoodle, most hyper annoying mix EVER!

sleep- work- lift- bacon resilience5241's Avatar
    resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a black lab, he's definitely the smartest and most loyal dog I've ever owned. TONS of energy and ADD like crazy though.

I'd love to have a German Shepard too.
    If it is important to you, you will find a way.
    If it's not, you will find an excuse.

STRONGMAN TRAINING/KETO LOG:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158537933

IG: willflex4cookies

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by resilience5241 View Post
    I have a black lab, he's definitely the smartest and most loyal dog I've ever owned. TONS of energy and ADD like crazy though.
    Labs are a great breed too!

Just be sure you can give him enough exercise OP. Labs have a tendency to find "mischief" if they get bored.

Also, lots of labs are looking to be adopted.

resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by UnaChispita View Post
    Labs are a great breed too!

Just be sure you can give him enough exercise OP. Labs have a tendency to find "mischief" if they get bored.
    LOL! Couldn't have said it better. They do make wonderful exercise partners, though! They will be able to keep up with you and love you dearly for it

I forgot to mention they're people pleasers. Great with other dogs (mine even likes to play with my mom's cats when he visits....) and most importantly loves to snuggle.

MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyriaK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Meet Edmund Underfoot:

We got him when he was just a little pup, right around three years ago now (I was a tad bit bigger back in those days):

I always said that we got Edmund to cheer my husband up after my father-in-law died. My husband always said we got Edmund so I'd have someone after he died (my husband had terminal cancer). To a certain extent we were both right.

Edmund, who is named after the younger brother in The Chronicles of Narnia series (CS Lewis being one of my husband's favorite authors), has been my first dog as an adult, I've mostly been a cat person. Honestly more than a few things surprised me about having a puppy. They are much more similar to having a child around, albeit one permanently stuck at around 2 years old, than any other pet I've had. As a puppy Edmund was more than a bit of a nightmare. He kept me up through the night, nipped me any time I walked away (I had constant bruises on my arms and legs), and was a four legged weapon of mass destruction. He chewed speaker wires, destroyed more chargers than I care to recall, ripped the wiring out of a motorized reclining chair, and in general I have no idea how he made it through puppyhood without shocking himself to death.

Once he got a little older a lot of that changed, of course. He limits his destructive potential pretty much to his toys these days, give him a stuffed doggy toy and he'll happily have it in tatters before you know it. I still think if you ever wanted an enemy country destroyed, though, with a little training you could drop him and a few dozen of his friends in and they wouldn't stand a chance. The destructive potential of even a smaller dog is astounding.

One other thing that surprised me was the cost. Not just the initial cost of a purebred, I expected that -- I believe we paid $1,300 or so for Edmund, but the vet bills, monthly meds (anti-flea/tick, heartworm pills, etc), cost of getting the dog "fixed" ($600 in his case), doggy daycare (not absolutely necessary, of course, but good for socialization), assorted leashes, leads, and other things you'll have to replace more often then you expect. Overall I've easily spent more on Edmund's health care in the last three years than I have on my own in the last ten -- granting that I tend to avoid doctors and Edmund's vet is, sadly, somewhat ludicrously expensive.

On the plus side, of course, is just the joy of having a creature around who loves and wants to please you no matter what. He's always happy to see me, always sad when I go away, always wanting to lick my nose in happiness when I come home, always wants to be with me.

There's nothing quite like the love and loyalty of a dog.

As for cocker spaniels as a breed:

Upside

1) They're a good size, in my opinion. Edmund is 23lbs, a bit small for his breed, but in general they're a great size for most houses/situations. They're not so small you feel like your average housecat is at risk of stepping on them, but not so big you need a big house or yard for them to have enough room to run around and play.

2) They're extremely friendly. Edmund likes everyone, frankly I'd be afraid of anyone he didn't like. All of the neighborhood kids and most of the neighbors come by and see him when he's out running around, he lives for that -- especially the kids coming by to play.

3) In general they're fairly bright and reasonably obedient. I haven't done any strict training with Edmund, don't really feel the need, he does what I ask of him and in general knows enough to keep his nose out of too much trouble. Overall I find myself wishing that he was a tad less bright, he can be very hard to fool or distract from anything he gets fixated on (toys, mostly).

Downside

1) They're prone to ear infections. Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a time he doesn't have an ear infection. You have to really be careful with their ears, and even then you're going to end up putting drops in to deal with an ear infection more often than you, or the dog, would like.

2) They're a bit high strung. Not little-yappy-dog high strung, but still tend to be a bit emotional and needy. I gather it's a spaniel thing overall, pretty much the same with Springers as well.

3) Their fur can be a bit of a PITA to deal with. I guess it's not true of every cocker, but, as with Edmund, it's fairly common for them to have very thick fur that easily gets matted if not either kept trimmed or brushed very regularly.
    Igor, bring me a kitchen,
    I wish to make some abs.

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by resilience5241 View Post

I'd love to have a German Shepard too.
    We're on our first GSD . . . will be a year old next month. Great dogs. Wicked smart, good with kids/family (very protective), quick trainers, and you'll feel safe around them whether they would hurt a fly or not (people instantly take them seriously). Some downsides are: they shed a lot more than I thought, they are notorious for being "land sharks" as puppies--they have incredibly sharp puppy teeth and want to put their mouths on everything including you and your clothes, they get bored easily and need attention/exercise, and they can be a little needy. But they really attach to the family and especially to the primary caregiver.

*MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSmoker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GruffalosUnited View Post
    Approval from the landlord to get a dog has finally been achieved. Any suggestions on certain breeds to start researching? Any tips / advice?

Some basic info: I'm a big fan of the Shar Pei. I have a fenced back yard. I am able to walk the dog every day, multiple times a day. I live in California.

I don't know how to pick which breed I want. Or how to decide to go with a purebred or a mix. Thoughts?

Show me your dog.
    If this is your first dog then I strongly recommend a 6 mo to 2 year old mutt from the pound/Humane Society/SPCA. Puppies are adorable, but require a lot of attention and training and REALLY should not be left home all day if you work a 9-5 kind of job (maybe not an issue for you, if you're still on dat dere college time).

Purebreeds are expensive and tend to have a LOT more health problems, even from reputable breeders (not surprising when you keep crossing cousins with each other). Shar-Peis are particularly rare in the US, so I would expect even worse health problems. As Wyomann noted, Shar-Peis have been bred for fighting, and while I believe that aggressiveness in a dog is mostly the result of upbringing/environment, there is obviously a genetic component involved too. Additionally, working breeds, like Border Collies and German Shepherds, can become destructive/neurotic if left alone too much and/or not "worked".

Don't have a dog right now, but here's my last one chewing on a bull's most prized body part:
    Attached Images
    On AllPro's Beginner Routine (C4W1) - I don't lift much, but I do lift...

Squat - 125# / Bench Press - 120# / Bent-Over Rows - 110# / Overhead Press - 75#
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift - 135# / Curls - 50# / Calf-Raises - 155#

they aint bout that life jerrel
    they run they play too much

Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    We're on our first GSD . . . will be a year old next month. Great dogs. Wicked smart, good with kids/family (very protective), quick trainers, and you'll feel safe around them whether they would hurt a fly or not (people instantly take them seriously). Some downsides are: they shed a lot more than I thought, they are notorious for being "land sharks" as puppies--they have incredibly sharp puppy teeth and want to put their mouths on everything including you and your clothes, they get bored easily and need attention/exercise, and they can be a little needy. But they really attach to the family and especially to the primary caregiver.

Not to mention those ears! D'awwwwe.

FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get a brittany! (If you don't mind running/hiking/hunting with it. Chukar is pretty good in california i've heard. Here is my girl;

V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lindylou664 View Post
    Love my English Staffy. She is the friendliest girl to humans, but look out if you are a small breed dog.

Staffy's do not like small breed dogs, except for a meal!!

Would you consider a rescue? They are usually the most faithful pets you can ever find.

[IMG]http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t441/Linda_Walsh/IMG_20130329_100021_zps7f245a6c.jp]

This is Molly.

This^^^

Here is mine

Vic's transformation thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147620463

Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    German Shepards are mean as ****. I swear to god the only time I've ever been bitten or almost been bitten was by a German Shepard. I'm talking 4/4 dogs, it's not just a coincidence.

FYI, no I wasn't running from the police, these were people's pets.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1

FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Also just for your information, I would not get a pitbull or anything that resembles one, no hybrids (wolf), malamute, husky, great dane, akita's, chow chows, shepherds, Dobermans, and rotties. All of them are a risk to insurance companies and you likely won't be able to find a place to live if you move and continue to rent. Could also cause problems between you and your landlord. I help manage over 1100 properties and those dogs are pretty much on the ban list in all of them.

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Show me your dog.
    I had a Shar Pei years ago. The skin issues were something you had to stay on top of. Certain shampoos help with this. Also, some of them may have to have surgery on their eyelids due to the excess skin around their eyes. Luckily mine didn't require it but just something to think about.

We have an English Setter now and she is just a weird dog. LOL!

Best dog ever was our Lab!

I say rescue dog. So many poor animals there deserving of a loving home. Makes me sad when I go into our shelter here.
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Boxers are fun loving, highly trainable, and excellent running partners. I have gotten all my boxer babies from a local boxer rescue...sad that there are so many homeless boxers around.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wyomann View Post
    Shar Pei can be dog aggressive. They were originally bred to fight. Skin issues too, but all wrinkly dogs can have that.

I am starting to like the Bull Terriers. Just their small thick frames and goofy heads.
    I have an EBT, absolutely love mine. Not a good dog for an unexperienced owner though. So much fun, super goofy, but tough alpha dogs.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Show me your dog.
    Wouldn't presume to tell you which particular breed to own; it's a personal choice.

The only advice I'd offer is that once you decide on a breed, seek out the nearest Rescue organization for that breed, and adopt a rescue pet.

I've always been blessed to have had Cocker Spaniels. This guy is our 3rd (our previous two are long-gone, but will never be forgotten); we adopted him 4 years ago when he was 3 years old:

http://columbuscockerrescue.com Help if you're able.

(Yes, he has two different-colored eyes; very unusual for a Cocker)
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    German Shepards are mean as ****. I swear to god the only time I've ever been bitten or almost been bitten was by a German Shepard. I'm talking 4/4 dogs, it's not just a coincidence.

FYI, no I wasn't running from the police, these were people's pets.
    BRB. Doing extensive internet search to pull up Wyomann's arrest records

I was raised with German Shepherds (my mom used to breed them). Very intelligent and loving dogs...but very protective. Or smartest one bit two people she thought was attacking a family member...yet she would let me do anything to her and never get aggressive with me.

The rest of my family had a love of black labs. Unfortunately they raised them bad, so when I think of black labs...I think of a stupid, fat dog.

I have a few toy breed dogs (min pin, chihuahua and min dachshund). Love them all, but they are yippie little dogs that will drive you nuts. Eventually I may get a rescue pit bull unless I can find this version of a Pomeranian

Anybody know any breeders that may have that type???

But yeah, as FeaRaLiS stated...there are many insurances that won't cover certain breeds of dogs. So be aware of that before you get a dog and end up having to get rid of it cause the landlord won't let you keep it.
    Last edited by Artemis00; 10-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post

Anybody know any breeders that may have that type???
    Seen vagina's that are the same way as that dog's mouth.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's a little generic but if you are looking at purebreds this has some good general info on them.

http://animal.discovery.com/breed-se...og-breeds.html
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another vote to rescue a dog! I always had purebreds before, but got this lil mutt on her last day at the pound. Best. Dog. Ever. If you go to a pound or rescue organization, ask the staff to suggest their favorites. They know the dogs and usually have one or two that they feel is a great dog but has been overlooked for some reason. Nobody else looked at Lucy because she's all black (people want pretty white or spotty dogs or whatever). There's actually a name for that... Black Dog Syndrome (no joke).

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=itsagoodday;1155006263]Another vote to rescue a dog! I always had purebreds before, but got this lil mutt on her last day at the pound. Best. Dog. Ever. If you go to a pound or rescue organization, ask the staff to suggest their favorites. They know the dogs and usually have one or two that they feel is a great dog but has been overlooked for some reason. Nobody else looked at Lucy because she's all black (people want pretty white or spotty dogs or whatever). There's actually a name for that... Black Dog Syndrome (no joke).

Especially in certain cultures. I think Asia is the worst because they feel they are bad luck. I watched an episode of the Dog Whisperer and there were so many black or mostly black dogs that would stay in the shelter for so long because of it
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seen vagina's that are the same way as that dog's mouth.

That explains SOOOOOOOOOOO much
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5lbs long haired chihuahua
    Lucked out with his temperment. He is sweet and submussive and just chills on his pillow. He gets playful but only for a little bit. Very easy to train and enjoys training. Obedient as fuk.

Affenpinscher shelter dog. First pic was 6mos old and clipped, 2nd pic after hair grew in. Its like baby chick hair so soft. 10lb full grown. Typical neurotic and hyper terrier but very sweet. Previous owner paid $800 for her. Looks like if a gremlin and ewok mated then offspring got zombie bit lol

I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenjoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a Rhodesian Ridge-back and Lab mix and he is possibly the sweetest dog I have ever owned, but clingy as all get out and obsessed with me. Personally after owning dogs with long hair for 20+ years, I'm going to have to say something with short hair that is medium sized, simply because it is easier for one person to manage.

I would really recommend a dog from a shelter if you can find one you like. I rescued my last three dogs from shelters or bad homes and I have loved each one of them despite whatever past issues they brought to the table. It was puppylove at first sight with my current dog and I hate to think what might have happened to him- I even got a discount because he was classified as an "unwanted" dog due to age. He was only five.
    What has ten fingers and ten toes and loves attention?

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Another vote to rescue a dog!
    Came here to post this. The humane society close to me even tends to have a ton of puppies. Our last dog was a husky/shepherd mix we adopted and she was an awesome dog, but very very energetic. I'd steer you away from any working dogs unless you want to be running with them all the time. She'd do 6 miles in the morning with mom, a couple with me in the afternoon after school, and still demand a walk after dinner.

Also I have a soft spot for mixes. And they tend to avoid most of the health problems that run in pure breeds.

Don't currently have a dog but got a couple guinea pigs from the shelter and they're awesome. They practically give away rodents, also, it's like, oh, you want a guinea pig? Take two.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283