beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

c programming question

does this language have a limit on how many nested if-else-if statements you can have?
    i have like 40 different statements that look like
    if(){
    else if()
    else if()
    else if()
    else if()....}

else

it is like one of those russian dolls, and I'm wondering if my program will crash on me or something.

nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nuliftr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    why would there be a limit?

there is prob a more efficient way to do it though.

PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PumkinPie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No limit. Look at the switch statement though if it works.
    http://www.zentut.com/c-tutorial/c-switch-case/
    libs gonna lib

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is no limit on nested If/Else statements; however there most likely is a more efficient way of programming the same.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AgentLemon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What are you trying to do that will take so many of them.. look at switch case. There is probably a much easier way to do it..

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, and that's not a nested if.
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) beanlet21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by AgentLemon View Post
    What are you trying to do that will take so many of them.. look at switch case. There is probably a much easier way to do it..
    each "if" statement contains something that looks like x==1 && y==-1 && c==1 and i have 21 combinations i need to test.

thanks for the answers.

TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TallJJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by beanlet21 View Post
    each "if" statement contains something that looks like x==1 && y==-1 && c==1 and i have 21 combinations i need to test.

thanks for the answers.
    Put those in an array and have a for loop check each value.. if you have 40 if/else statements you have a big chance there is a more efficient way.
    6'6" crew
    220 lbs in avi (srs)
    Computer Science crew
    Prenup if I ever get married crew

Originally Posted by TallJJ View Post
    Put those in an array and have a for loop check each value.. if you have 40 if/else statements you have a big chance there is a more efficient way.
    the funny thing is that each number i am checking is already an element of an array. i couldnt think of a way to make a loop for it though, as long as it works though i am happy.

xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doesn't C have a switch statement?

Originally Posted by xdestron View Post
    Doesn't C have a switch statement?
    that would have been helpful to know what that was beforehand, lol. I think I am done with my program though 900 lines later. all for a simple tic-tac-toe game with 3 ai levels.

xrcwrn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is no limit.
    You can put any number of if else, nested if else, ladder if else.
    If else is used to select any one of given two condition.

You can check here.
    ebhor.com/if-else-statement-in-c-programming

If you have more number of options any want to select any one then use
    switch case
    You can check here
    ebhor.com/switch-statement-in-c-programming

Keep Learning and keep coding