Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User FlyWeightPhenXX's Avatar
    FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Pole dancing? Underrated?

Yay or nay? For and or against? Personally I've never been graceful in my life, even as a runner because my movement is so out of whack;

I've been researching and the ladies doing it have impressive strength maybe some of you ladies are already dancers?

Tips and tricks encouraged.

Sexy, elegant, graceful and expression of femininity. I think this encompasses all of women's aspects...

don't be shy ladies, chime in!

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Registered User FlyWeightPhenXX's Avatar
    FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @cowboybiker

is that Ms. Butterfly?
    Awaken The Strength Within.

Don't be afraid to be intense

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FlyWeightPhenXX View Post
    @cowboybiker

is that Ms. Butterfly?
    I have no idea who that is.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000) 7Friez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    @cowboybiker

is that Ms. Butterfly?
    hit the reply button on that persons post to quote them
    *We're all gonna make it Crew*

Warning: Anal Retentive TheEngineerGirl's Avatar
    TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEngineerGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    That is impressive.

Note to self: look up pole dancing lessons.
    Polymaths have it made.

Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acataleptic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a big fan. I own a pole but due to moving back in with the parents it is packed up in my wardrobe
    It takes an incredible amount of strength to pull off the more advanced moves and is actually the reason I began thinking about getting into lifting.

The only tips I can really offer are.. Go to a class and try it out. Don't worry if your movements are 'out of wack', practice makes perfect. Oh and if you ever buy a pole to practice at home make sure it is installed properly. I can say from personal experience that it hurts like hell when the metal top plate falls onto your face!

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pole dancing is a great exercise during bulks or cuts. This woman is on the dreamer bulk and still pulling off the pole dancing.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yay or nay? For and or against? Personally I've never been graceful in my life, even as a runner because my movement is so out of whack;

I've been researching and the ladies doing it have impressive strength maybe some of you ladies are already dancers?

Tips and tricks encouraged.

Sexy, elegant, graceful and expression of femininity. I think this encompasses all of women's aspects...

don't be shy ladies, chime in!
    I really really want to try it!

midnightsurfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been looking into lessons... i really want to try it but i need to work on flexibility first.
    some people look amazing though, i would love to get to this level
    youtube.com/watch?v=M6La1XdJczM

oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Had a friend try to teach me a few basic things. i was terrible and awkward and ungraceful lol. It takes a lot of core strength and arm strength too so I'd work on that.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Wyomann View Post
    Pole dancing is a great exercise during bulks or cuts. This woman is on the dreamer bulk and still pulling off the pole dancing.
    She has filthy feet.

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

One from work, I clearly need to take more as this one is old.

I absolutely love pole dancing, but I cringe when people want to take it up as their sole form of "workout". By the time you get your heart rate up, you're too sweaty to do much of anything impressive until you have insane grip strength- and that takes a long time to build.

Also if you're not lifting weights and stretching properly, you're at huge risk for a ton of different injuries. Lots of girls start out, throw themselves around the pole, and blow out a shoulder. There's a ton of unnatural movements and holds involved, so if your conditioning isn't there, you're going to have problems.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    She has filthy feet.
    Ya I noticed that too, I would never date that chick cause her feet are too dirty...

Looks like a ****ing bear paw.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yay
    280/335/475

Mirin Charizard

"The difference between a successful miscer and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of aesthetics, but rather a lack of will."
    -Rufflez

yeano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My friend actually owns a pole, and we've had afternoons where we'd practice a couple of spins. We'd watch videos, and practice the easy spins which was pretty fun. We've also taken beginning pole classes where we basically learned the same spins we learned from the video. There are two types of poles - a static and a spinning pole. I think I remember hearing a spinning pole is good for when you're learning how to do spins. A static pole is harder because you have to create your own momentum, and don't get as much spins. You have to have a lot of upper body strength to do a lot of the cool pole tricks, like the inverted tricks. After an afternoon of practicing spins, I'd be so sore.

You should look into taking classes if it's something you're interested in, even if it's just to try. Check groupon or living social, they might have deals on classes

TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TRFit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I gave pole dancing classes a try and even had a few private lessons. I enjoyed it a lot, but in terms of workout I found I got more out of running and lifting weights. Having said that I think maybe the more advanced/expert at it you are then the more you would get out of it? Either way I had heaps of fun, would definitely do it again!
    Love to LIFT :)

www.iwantmore.com.au - for free exercise videos
    www.proteinpowderforwomensite.com - for free info on protein

SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've thought about it. It looks fun and a good workout.

If you want to try it, by all means do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5yInyWTzPo
    Last edited by SqueezeMe; 10-22-2013 at 06:53 AM.

SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SqueezeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    She has filthy feet.
    On national tv with nassy feet. Why? :/

Originally Posted by midnightsurfer View Post
    I've been looking into lessons... i really want to try it but i need to work on flexibility first.
    some people look amazing though, i would love to get to this level
    youtube.com/watch?v=M6La1XdJczM
    I was more entranced by the sword work than anything lol
    I've always wanted to learn how to use edged weapons...On my to do list...

Fierce Fluffalo GruffalosUnited's Avatar
    GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)
    would love to take a class. My friend has a pole and when I would go to her house I would mess around and try random things on it. Not strong enough to do anything crazy though.

Fierce Fluffalo GruffalosUnited's Avatar
    GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SqueezeMe View Post
    I was more entranced by the sword work than anything lol
    I've always wanted to learn how to use edged weapons...On my to do list...
    Ten years of American Martial Arts. I actually hated swords the most. lol

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Heading to Home Depot. Installing pole.

Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexe58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pole dancing is a very difficult art which requires a person to really know his/her body and great strength.. sadly due to strippers, most people find it "slutty" or "degrading" in a sense when it is in fact quite an exotic/erotic art really hard to master.
    I have always wanted to get into it, but the one time I tried with a friend's pole.. it just went horribly hahaha I felt really embarassed xD.
    Respect to those women who can do amazing things !

attaroa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love it! I've been doing it for a year and also have one in my home. It's very addicting and I always have a sore upper body (and sometimes lower body) after a good pole workout. It brings out muscles I didn't know I had, for me anyway!

EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by superja View Post

One from work, I clearly need to take more as this one is old.

I absolutely love pole dancing, but I cringe when people want to take it up as their sole form of "workout". By the time you get your heart rate up, you're too sweaty to do much of anything impressive until you have insane grip strength- and that takes a long time to build.

Also if you're not lifting weights and stretching properly, you're at huge risk for a ton of different injuries. Lots of girls start out, throw themselves around the pole, and blow out a shoulder. There's a ton of unnatural movements and holds involved, so if your conditioning isn't there, you're going to have problems.
    Where the hell do you work?!?! I think my eyeball got stuck to my screen lol

I really want to take up pole dancing but there's no where close to me I'm pretty strong and have gymnastic background and I think I might be able yo get good at it, but I can't find the opportunity. Plus I'd love to learn how to be sexy... Awkward as furk crew
    ^ wild, insatiable beast.
    Human Evolution Athlete
    MS BioMed Engineering

EvinHoll's Likely Off-Topic Physique Comp Journal!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160585891

Instagram: @AestheticFcknHolloway
    Www.********.com/hollowayguillory

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EvinHoll View Post
    Where the hell do you work?!?! I think my eyeball got stuck to my screen lol

I really want to take up pole dancing but there's no where close to me I'm pretty strong and have gymnastic background and I think I might be able yo get good at it, but I can't find the opportunity. Plus I'd love to learn how to be sexy... Awkward as furk crew
    Haha- I strip. I can't dance for crap so when I started it was like, I better figure this pole **** out.

I'd say if it's something you really want to try, get a pole and go for it. There's a ton of videos on youtube. I highly highly recommend the x-pole: http://xpoleus.com/
    I own the 50mm chrome one, we have the 45mm titanium at work (after I bugged the manager enough to buy it- we had a horrible stainless steel one before that didn't spin right).
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

Heading to Home Depot. Installing pole.
    Holeeeee crap!! I'd be the poor girl that ends up flying across the room..
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pole requires a LOT of hard work obviously- it bothers me when people thinks it's for funsies and they are going to be able to tricks like *snap* that.

Shrug- like anything it's a skill and requires work. I'd recommend it if you are looking to do something different!!! I can't- I have too much on my plate- and I bruise REALLY easily- so it's just too much. Maybe one day- but it's not high on the list.

I'm a belly dancer so I get a great deal of dance work- but it's not my soul form of fitness- but it is my passion.