Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Potential Lean/Clean bulk diet plan, need advice

Hey guys this is my current diet plan for my Clean/Lean bulk, this diet puts me at a 500cal surplus, but i am having trouble reaching the macros.

Any suggestions if this is too high or low of a surplus or if i should add anything or take anything away.

Any help is appreciated.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please read THIS THREAD to understand why your post is useless for us to help you with your question.

Than do the following ;
    -Calculate TDEE/MACROS using the formula provided HERE
    -Eat at a 10-20% surplus
    -Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient/fiber needs
    -Monitor weight weekly/bi-weekly (aiming for 1lb/week weight gain) and adjust your intake accordingly

Also please review the information/links IN THIS THREAD to begin learning the basics of nutrition and how to apply them towards achieving your desired goals.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sigzor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have the goals for my macros listed?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sigzor View Post
    I have the goals for my macros listed?
    A 500 kcal surplus is a good place to start. Now observe the scale. You should be gaining 3 to 4 lb per month (2 to 3 if you want to keep it leaner).

You've set the protein much higher than necessary. Protein goal should be 0.8 per lb. Fat goal is 0.45 per lb.

Protein and fat are minimum amounts. You can go higher if you prefer.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    A 500 kcal surplus is a good place to start. Now observe the scale. You should be gaining 3 to 4 lb per month (2 to 3 if you want to keep it leaner).

You've set the protein much higher than necessary. Protein goal should be 0.8 per lb. Fat goal is 0.45 per lb.

Protein and fat are minimum amounts. You can go higher if you prefer.
    Ok thank you for the advice, I want to keep the fat gain to a minimum for obvious reasons and diet is the one thing holding me back from the physique I want

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok thank you for the advice, I want to keep the fat gain to a minimum for obvious reasons and diet is the one thing holding me back from the physique I want
    OK in that case I recommend you start out with a 300 kcal surplus and aim for 2 (max. 3) pounds per month gains.

Are you following a good lifting program with consistent progressive overload? This is equally important as your diet.

OK in that case I recommend you start out with a 300 kcal surplus and aim for 2 (max. 3) pounds per month gains.

Are you following a good lifting program with consistent progressive overload? This is equally important as your diet.
    Yes I have seen good gains from the program I am currently on, both in strength and size, so been progressing each session with more weight or more reps etc. Went from 70kg to 76kg since January, but have recently hit a plateau. Also throughout that time I didn't have a solid diet, pretty much just ate whatever I could get my hands on haha.

I just started a new program containing exercises I rarely do and some not at all, so hopefully that combined with a good clean diet actually specific to my goals and needs will do me some good

I just started a new program containing exercises I rarely do and some not at all, so hopefully that combined with a good clean diet actually specific to my goals and needs will do me some good
    What program is that?

What program is that?
    Jay Cutler, living large

Jay Cutler, living large
    I was afraid of that. Most of the programs on BB.com are just meant to sell supplements.

Working out a body part only once a week will not give you optimal results.

I suggest you get on a proper lifting program. Some options: ICF 5x5, AllPro's, Stronglifts (with assistance exercises) or Lyle McDonald upper/lower split (meant for intermediates).

I was afraid of that. Most of the programs on BB.com are just meant to sell supplements.

Working out a body part only once a week will not give you optimal results.

I suggest you get on a proper lifting program. Some options: ICF 5x5, AllPro's, Stronglifts (with assistance exercises) or Lyle McDonald upper/lower split (meant for intermediates).
    Ok thanks man, will look into those.