imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imyourG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

posture/standing straight

How can you improve posture and prevent slouching? I feel like posture is very important and I think I slouch a lot. How can I improve my posture?
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

Registered User GentlemanLifter's Avatar
    GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000) GentlemanLifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best cue I've ever heard, for which I can take no credit, is to think of Superman. Cape flowing from the shoulders, big old S on the chest. Every time I think of it, my posture snaps right up.
    I say good day to you, sir.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deadlifts and front squats (done correctly) and, f'rex, some wide-grip pullups too.

Strengthen your back and core, and do things that require you to end with or maintain a chest-out/chest-up sort of posture.

And focus on sitting straight against the backs of chairs, walking with a "proud chest" and your shoulders back (without overdoing it, hopefully); things like that.

kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgacomo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by imyourG View Post
    How can you improve posture and prevent slouching? I feel like posture is very important and I think I slouch a lot. How can I improve my posture?
    Get a Swiss ball and sit on it at home/work

Also if you're shoulders and back are rounding iyta's or scaption can help with correcting some muscle imbalances that develop.

Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deano2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Elliot Hulse is pretty good with this sort of thing. Here is a link to a wide variety of videos on posture by Elliot.

https://www.youtube.com/user/strengt...?query=posture

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Just farking sit up straight you lazyarse. It really is that simple, pay attention to your posture, when sitting at a desk when riding in the car, all the time. Soon it become a habit.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Snowz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Deano2727 View Post
    Elliot Hulse is pretty good with this sort of thing. Here is a link to a wide variety of videos on posture by Elliot.

Thumbs up for this one! Also any back workouts help alot, chin ups, pulls up, even a massage roller. I've got some Kyphosis/rolled shoulders going on from my younger days playing so many video games and It's slowly going away by stretching my shoulders and my whole back, keeping a well rounded workout routine and just practicing good posture whenever I can. Just gotta stay committed to it.

helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get your posture problem diagnosed. Go to the injury and prevention section on this forum. Take your self-pictures (read the stickies and some similar posts from other people first) and post them there.

Then when you know what's wrong with you google it and look for it on this website aswell.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by imyourG View Post
    Bodybuilding.com isn't the *best* resource for that.

There are a couple of threads in the injury and prevention subforum -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Like "TheBroBrah's Guide To Correcting Excessive APT".

DeFranco's Agile 11 has recently been helping me a lot with that -
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...y-routine.html

That and foam rolling.

I'm still searching for a better similar set of exercises for the upper body to complement his stuff on the lower body, but I have surprisingly found that working out hip stuff with his program has noticeably helped my upper body posture.

Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Just farking sit up straight you lazyarse. It really is that simple, pay attention to your posture, when sitting at a desk when riding in the car, all the time. Soon it become a habit.
    Its harder than you think. For people with lordosis or kyphosis, it is a bone structure and muscle issue that takes upwards of years to correct.

As someone who is still working to fix these issues, this article helped me realize it was more of an issue, and steps to correct it.
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...no_more_part_i