Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AmyMaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Where to start for NPC bikini competition... Do I need a coach?

I am looking to start competing in bikini competitions. My circle of friends are successful personal trainers, but none with bikini competition experience. I was wondering if joining one of the teams online (Team Bombshell, etc) would be worth it... Or an online coach? Or maybe a coach in my area? Being on a team appeals to me because I am looking to do this for the long haul... not just a one and done type thing.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is your current experience in exercise and diet, and do you have current progress pics?

AmyMaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    What is your current experience in exercise and diet, and do you have current progress pics?
    My original goal was just to look good and get fit, so my diet is pretty strict. I've calculated my macros and eat under what I need to maintain. I lift 4 - 5 x a week and also do cardio. I've been eating clean and working out for 6 months now but just recently really buckled down. Like I said close friends of mine are successful trainers and I plan on going to the school they went to. It's just recently I've become really interested in competing, which none of them have experience with.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Without a photo, it's really difficult to determine where you are in the game and if a coach is useful.

If you are joining a team for motivation because you have a difficult time finding it on your own, this could be a problem. Motivation needs to be internalized.

A prep coach can absolutely be useful in the 3 months prepping for a competition, but you should already have a solid foundation of diet and training. The fact that you "eat clean" tells me you are already heading down the road of neurotic dieting. Clean eating doesn't exist. Clean eating is nothing more than unnecessarily restrictive dieting.

Get a photo up for a critique.
    Detail out exactly what your training program entails.
    We can hit on diet a bit more after.

DanaMarieDoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AmyMaria - I can personally tell you joining a team is great IF you are needing their team name for exposure but I can tell you from experience Bombshell gives you a generic plan. Its the same plan they give to the other 500 online clients so its not specialized for your body. IF you are just trying to get your feet wet at a local show try a smaller team or someone local to help guide you but you truly don't need anyone until you are 12 weeks out unless you are far from where you need to be stage weight/look wise.

vrwiest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi!
    I agree with DanaMarie, try to find a local coach WITH experience in Bikini competitions. There is so much to competing besides diet and exercise. For bikini, stage presence is a really big deal and a coach with experience will be able to help you with posing and the little extra details that come with competition. I think it is much easier to learn that in person rather than online. Good luck!

faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) faithandfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I say find someone in your area first. Make sure to do research on your coach before committing. If you want, I have a list of amazing coaches. You just want someone educated who puts your health first above everything. And someone who understands you and you get along with.

Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should definitely get a coach if you don't have experience in the field; its such a completely different industry. Team Bombshell is great, when I first began I got accepted and almost joined but you are grouped into countless girls and as someone above mentioned, you only get the generic plan. Not everyone reacts to the same things, training, dieting, etc., so that's a downfall. Although on the upside, all competitions are beyond political and Bombshell has a lot of political pull. I compete and coach contest prep while having my own team, plus have my degree in the health and sciences so I thoroughly understand the process of things, training, nutrition and everything else that follows. You must also make sure you don't have a coach who screws up your metabolism and overall body, many do especially when using that generic plan. Having a coach is merely someone to guide you, check in daily, modify dieting and training, see what works and doesn't work during off season and so much more. Not only should you reach your goals but you should also enjoy it.The second you don't, you should stop. Sure sometimes it will be difficult but its worth it when you grace the stage with your presence. Absolutely amazing! Feel free to contact me, I'd love to help you out and get you started or even just answer any questions you may have! Kik: ShreddedBarbie Shreddedbarbie@gmail.com

Gina Giovannini-Vargas Queena3378's Avatar
    Queena3378 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi AmyMaria - Im am going to be competing for the first time at the Arnold Amateur Bikini and just got myself a coach. I'm from NJ also and she's located in NJ. If you're interested you can message me and I'll give you her contact. I've been working with her for a month now and she's great! Will talk more if interested!

Rjandrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Seeking Nj Coac

Originally Posted by Queena3378 View Post
    Hi AmyMaria - Im am going to be competing for the first time at the Arnold Amateur Bikini and just got myself a coach. I'm from NJ also and she's located in NJ. If you're interested you can message me and I'll give you her contact. I've been working with her for a month now and she's great! Will talk more if interested!
    Hello: I am looking for a coach in Nj! Wld it be possible for you to share contact info?

LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500) LLOLUX is not very helpful. (-500)
    Good luck to you!

Originally Posted by AmyMaria View Post
    I am looking to start competing in bikini competitions. My circle of friends are successful personal trainers, but none with bikini competition experience. I was wondering if joining one of the teams online (Team Bombshell, etc) would be worth it... Or an online coach? Or maybe a coach in my area? Being on a team appeals to me because I am looking to do this for the long haul... not just a one and done type thing.

Memae3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! i am looking for a bikini competition coach or team in corona, california/ inland empire. any recommendations?

Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000) Bulktillyoked is just really nice. (+1000)
    A lot of my friends are on Team Edge look into it
    Ya u mirin

Instagram- Swolefish

Hollyster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by faithandfit View Post
    I say find someone in your area first. Make sure to do research on your coach before committing. If you want, I have a list of amazing coaches. You just want someone educated who puts your health first above everything. And someone who understands you and you get along with.

i could really use this information (list of coaches, how to "do research" on your coach). I've been looking around for a small team near my area (midwest pref) with experience who can help me push past some plateaus in my prep/plan while competing. I have really only found one that looks promising, and i am nervous still to commit to this plan (purchase!) before i have looked all around for options.

Holly Eileen Wiest
    hollyeileenwiest@gmail.com

FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FirstClassXo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Without a photo, it's really difficult to determine where you are in the game and if a coach is useful.

If you are joining a team for motivation because you have a difficult time finding it on your own, this could be a problem. Motivation needs to be internalized.

A prep coach can absolutely be useful in the 3 months prepping for a competition, but you should already have a solid foundation of diet and training. The fact that you "eat clean" tells me you are already heading down the road of neurotic dieting. Clean eating doesn't exist. Clean eating is nothing more than unnecessarily restrictive dieting.

Get a photo up for a critique.
    Detail out exactly what your training program entails.
    We can hit on diet a bit more after.

This. ..

Plus. .. wth?.. You consistently eat under your daily caloric needs? & "train" 4 to 5 days a week?

Can you elaborate please?

kittycorrao has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im in need of a great prep coach to help me with nutrition and macros throughout my prep! If you know anyone would you please send a list of names!!! Thank you

vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AmyMaria View Post
    I think a coach in your area would be most helpful. Personally I've not had very good experience with the online ones.

rkozqd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkozqd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkozqd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkozqd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I get that list?? I'm in North Carolina and desprate for a coach that won't put me on a 900cal diet

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kimm4 on these boards is a great coach. I have seen the results of her clients and they not only look fab but stay healthy.

Erik Ledin and his team with Lean Bodies consulting are also good. He does have a waiting list though of about 6 months and they run in the $350 a month area but are some of the best coaches with real understanding. Also follow their FB page as they give out a lot of info there for free and you can really learn a lot.

Allen and Nicole Cress from maximum preformance training (Allen has a bodyspace here but not sure how active he is) they have been my coaches for the past year and are amazing, no starving, no hours of cardio, and I have learned a lot from them as well. They have all levels under their training from pros to beginners. They run about 130 a month for training and nutrition and are amazing

I have a few more names but those are my top three that I woud trust.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charliegirls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Following this. Also looking for a coach in the Dallas area

akline03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trainers

Do you know any trainers in the Glendale/Phoenix, AZ area? I am intered in this as well.

deveney16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in Fort Worth. Did you find a coach?

pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a coach on my team that has consistently been killing with with bikini competitors using and IIFYM approach and recently turned some pro.

Thomas Synder for Major Gainz Fitness.

It would be a good place to start as he also posts online with a slew of other trainers. So you will have a bunch of different coaches to look at from that point and see what fits you best.

pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000) pdt414 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by charliegirls View Post
    Following this. Also looking for a coach in the Dallas area
    Lazarus Ross is in Texas. As is Thomas Snyder. Both great coaches with connections to other coaches in the state which may help you find one closer if they are close enough

sastews is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Coach help

Originally Posted by Queena3378 View Post

Hi, I am looking for a coach in NJ too. Would you mind sending me details?

Thanks!

scollings1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do I find these two people?

Originally Posted by pdt414 View Post
    Lazarus Ross is in Texas. As is Thomas Snyder. Both great coaches with connections to other coaches in the state which may help you find one closer if they are close enough
    I am looking for a coach in Texas, how do I find these two people?

scollings1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would love your list of coaches if you have any in Texas

marie9028 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Amy Maria - I am Diane and I live in NJ (Somerset county) and am interested in competing - and need a coach - I'm new to body building and looking to meet other women who live the lifestyle. Would love to work with your coach.

Diane

fitwifelifeAZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Az coach

I am looking for a contest prep coach in the Phoenix AZ area!
    Please let me know if you have any recommendations at
    Angela.klicka@gmail.com

Aggieveg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for a coach in the North Austin area

Looking for a coach in the North Austin area, anyone have any suggestions? I don't have any experience competing but I want to start. I think I have a long way to get there but I just want to make sure I am headed in the right direction.