Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

OFFICIAL Drug / Alcohol abuse Support Group

We have threads dedicated to depression, and we also have one dedicated to eating disorders. I think it is important to provide a place for people with substance abuse issues to be able to come and talk in a safe, judge-free environment. Substance / alcohol abuse can be scary, as well as life-threatening. For those who have lived through it, for those who have not, it is pain like one cannot imagine to become physically and mentally locked in with a substance. It is never too late to seek help, nor is it ever to late to say no.

Please keep in mind that this is a very sensitive topic to some people. There shouldn't be any trolling, judging, or making fun of towards any one person. The point of this thread is to provide a place for people to seek support for issues relating / pertaining to substance and alcohol abuse.

Furthermore, this thread IS NOT a replacement for seeking professional help. It can be used for support and advice, but if you are currently dealing with an addiction of any kind, or have a substance abuse problem, then please seek professional help.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Does anybody else feel ashamed when they wank? Like its all well and good, then I get out of the shower and can't even look at myself in the mirror.

What do OP?

Edit - First post of sticky. Spot for sale. PM for details
    Last edited by AlexxVann; 10-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlexxVann View Post
    Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Does anybody else feel ashamed when they wank? Like its all well and good, then I get out of the shower and can't even look at myself in the mirror.

What do OP?
    I don't understand how this is related. I am being serious that we NEED a place to be able to talk about this stuff freely, without fear of judgement or ridicule. Speaking from personal experience, I know that addiction can be ugly, and it can cause someone to feel trapped and alone. I want to offer support to those in need, as I was once one of those people in need.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

One of Our Best Posters KCBadBoy's Avatar
    KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wonderful thread op.

This is a band whom I know IRL which writes all their music about their experiences with PTSD alongside drug and alcohol abuse. This song is about a man who was in the Air Force that wanted to be a hero to his wife and kids. Enjoy.

Btw: Nonsense itt will not be tolerated!
    <Kansas Misc. Crew>
    <KC Chiefs>
    <KC Royals>
    <Sporting KC>
    <Kansas Jayhawks>
    <Alex Morgan Fan Club>

LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100) LiftingTank is not very well liked. (-100)
    inb4 danielhq

hehehuehue

first page

Originally Posted by KCBadBoy View Post
    Wonderful thread op.

This is a band whom I know IRL which writes all their music about their experiences with PTSD alongside drug and alcohol abuse. This song is about a man who was in the Air Force that wanted to be a hero to his wife and kids. Enjoy.

Btw: Nonsense itt will not be tolerated!

Repped. Thank you so much for posting this.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sometimes, I take as much money as I can get, and I buy a **** load of alcohol, enough to last me a week, drinking every single day, almost from when I wake, until I sleep. When I go without alcohol for a little while, I find myself thinking about it more and more, and talking to everyone about it, even to the point of asking everyone to bring me some. Sometimes I drink to forget my past, alleviate anger, or sometimes, just to pass a quick couple of hours. Now and again I drink alone, because very few people can keep up with the amount and frequency of my drinking. I once downed a full bottle of vodka just a few minutes after telling myself I wasn't gonna drink that night.

Am I an addict?
    Last edited by CJ93UK; 10-08-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Get big or die trying JacqueAttack's Avatar
    JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I need this thread.
    https://soundcloud.com/streetofbulls/mtm1

Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    Sometimes, I take as much money as I can get, and I buy a **** load of alcohol, enough to last me a week, drinking every single day, almost from when I wake, until I sleep. When I go without alcohol for a little while, I find myself thinking about it more and more, and talking to everyone about it, even to the point of asking everyone to bring me some. Sometimes I drink to forget my past, alleviate anger, or sometimes, just to pass a quick couple of hours. Now and again I drink alone, because very few people can keep up with the amount and frequency of my drinking. I once downed a full bottle of vodka just a few minutes after telling myself I wasn't gonna drink that night.

Am I an addict?
    When you find yourself thinking constantly about the substance that you are using, to the point that all you want to do is abuse the substance, this could certainly be a sign of addiction. What happens is you develop a tolerance to substances and alcohol and you have to keep taking more and more to get the same effect. Furthermore, you can develop both a mental and physical dependence on the substance in question which can make it difficult to function without it. Please seek professional help, it is never too late.

Here are some website links that may help you:

http://www.covecenterforrecovery.com...FQ-a4AodXQsAWQ

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/a...se/default.htm

CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    When you find yourself thinking constantly about the substance that you are using, to the point that all you want to do is abuse the substance, this could certainly be a sign of addiction. What happens is you develop a tolerance to substances and alcohol and you have to keep taking more and more to get the same effect. Furthermore, you can develop both a mental and physical dependence on the substance in question which can make it difficult to function without it. Please seek professional help, it is never too late.

Here are some website links that may help you:

http://www.covecenterforrecovery.com...FQ-a4AodXQsAWQ

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/a...se/default.htm
    Is it such a bad thing though? Not to quote just about every addict out there, but I'm not an addict, I don't think. Looking at that first link, the list it gives, signs linked to alcohol dependency, yes I consume alcohol in great quantities sometimes, sometimes I drink every day, first thing in the morning, I haven't noticed any physical withdrawal symptoms, I've never taken a day off work or college to compensate for my drinking, even if that means bringing my alcohol with me, as bad as that may sound, I rarely, if ever, pass up social situations for drinking alone, but I do definitely need to drink more alcohol to get drunk, far more than I should, or most do, it seems.

On the other hand, look at it this way. A lot of people drink every weekend, every week, and it's not considered an addiction. I drink heavily, about as heavy as you can go, for 1 week, then go off the stuff for a month or 2, so in a way, if you took it apart, it'd balance out to drinking about 1 day a week out of 7, whereas I drink for 1 whole week out of about 8. Does the time of day of drinking really affect whether you're an addict of not? As for needing to drink more to get drunk, that's not purely just a sign of alcohol dependency. The fact that I manage my drinking, 1 week heavy, 7 weeks without, and stick to this, somewhat relatively well, goes against the idea of dependence and addiction doesn't it? I could easily stop if I wanted to, and I have at times. It feels like more of a want than an addiction, it's an addictive substance, sometimes I can't turn it down, but where do you draw the line between enjoying something, wanting it, and "needing" it?

Is it such a bad thing though? Not to quote just about every addict out there, but I'm not an addict, I don't think. Looking at that first link, the list it gives, signs linked to alcohol dependency, yes I consume alcohol in great quantities sometimes, sometimes I drink every day, first thing in the morning, I haven't noticed any physical withdrawal symptoms, I've never taken a day off work or college to compensate for my drinking, even if that means bringing my alcohol with me, as bad as that may sound, I rarely, if ever, pass up social situations for drinking alone, but I do definitely need to drink more alcohol to get drunk, far more than I should, or most do, it seems.

On the other hand, look at it this way. A lot of people drink every weekend, every week, and it's not considered an addiction. I drink heavily, about as heavy as you can go, for 1 week, then go off the stuff for a month or 2, so in a way, if you took it apart, it'd balance out to drinking about 1 day a week out of 7, whereas I drink for 1 whole week out of about 8. Does the time of day of drinking really affect whether you're an addict of not? As for needing to drink more to get drunk, that's not purely just a sign of alcohol dependency. The fact that I manage my drinking, 1 week heavy, 7 weeks without, and stick to this, somewhat relatively well, goes against the idea of dependence and addiction doesn't it? I could easily stop if I wanted to, and I have at times. It feels like more of a want than an addiction, it's an addictive substance, sometimes I can't turn it down, but where do you draw the line between enjoying something, wanting it more, and "needing" it?
    1. How do you feel mentally when you do not have access to alcohol?

2. Are you happy if you are not under the influence or have access to alcohol?

I was never into alcohol, but I was into drugs. I started out by taking a certain amount once in a while just to chill out and have some fun. Well before I knew it I would have to take more and more to get the same effect. One time a week turned into two, three, four, etc. etc. Before I knew it I was living just to be high, as it was the only time I felt "comfortable". Something that started out as just wanting to have fun turned into a battle.

Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rohan27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

On the other hand, look at it this way. A lot of people drink every weekend, every week, and it's not considered an addiction. I drink heavily, about as heavy as you can go, for 1 week, then go off the stuff for a month or 2, so in a way, if you took it apart, it'd balance out to drinking about 1 day a week out of 7, whereas I drink for 1 whole week out of about 8. Does the time of day of drinking really affect whether you're an addict of not? As for needing to drink more to get drunk, that's not purely just a sign of alcohol dependency. The fact that I manage my drinking, 1 week heavy, 7 weeks without, and stick to this, somewhat relatively well, goes against the idea of dependence and addiction doesn't it? I could easily stop if I wanted to, and I have at times. It feels like more of a want than an addiction, it's an addictive substance, sometimes I can't turn it down, but where do you draw the line between enjoying something, wanting it, and "needing" it?
    The short binges are worse for your body.

But is it affecting your personal relationships with others?
    Also, taking alcohol to work with you is something you should be concerned about. No judgement, but it can lead to a fair bit of trouble and it also means that sometimes your "cravings" for alcohol are bad enough that you are willing to risk your job for it.
    Last edited by Rohan27; 10-08-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Originally Posted by Rohan27 View Post

Also, taking booze to work with you is something you should be concerned about. No judgement, but it can lead to a fair bit of trouble and it also means that sometimes your "cravings" for booze are bad enough that you are willing to risk your job for it.
    Building off of this, think about the legal consequences to. If you are bringing alcohol to work or college with you, then you are putting yourself at risk for getting caught.

1. How do you feel mentally when you do not have access to alcohol?

2. Are you happy if you are not under the influence or have access to alcohol?

I was never into alcohol, but I was into drugs. I started out by taking a certain amount once in a while just to chill out and have some fun. Well before I knew it I would have to take more and more to get the same effect. One time a week turned into two, three, four, etc. etc. Before I knew it I was living just to be high, as it was the only time I felt "comfortable". Something that started out as just wanting to have fun turned into a battle.
    1, I feel perfectly fine, most of the time, unless it's an unusually bad day.

2, yes, but alcohol just seems to make everything a little more enjoyable, you know. I'm definitely happy without it, but a lot of the time, things are just a little better with it, when the option's there, but that's normal right?

I do my best to not let it interfere with my workouts, which are 1 of the major things which keep me from it, I limited it to my deload weeks, sometimes on my end 2 rest days a week if it's a bad week, very, very infrequently on my individual rest days, and so far, never on my workout days, except once.

Sometimes it might look like an addiction, but I still feel as if I have complete control over it, and choosing to enjoy it at a quantity and frequency above what most others do doesn't mean it's an addiction does it? Also important to note is it doesn't really have any negative effect on my life, besides possibly my health, but as I stated before, 1 week heavy, 8 weeks without, aside from that, I'm a very healthy individual, no other drugs, good, solid diet, strong, consistent workouts, so on.

People say I'm an addict, but I still fail to see how I am, or if I am, why it's such a bad thing, so long as I keep my priorities straight, never let it interfere with things that matter, and maintain control over it. It feels like a strong want, not a need, if that makes sense, if I had a reason to stop at any time, I could, would, and have, easily.

1, I feel perfectly fine, most of the time, unless it's an unusually bad day.

2, yes, but alcohol just seems to make everything a little more enjoyable, you know. I'm definitely happy without it, but a lot of the time, things are just a little better with it, when the option's there, but that's normal right?

I do my best to not let it interfere with my workouts, which are 1 of the major things which keep me from it, I limited it to my deload weeks, sometimes on my end 2 rest days a week if it's a bad week, very, very infrequently on my individual rest days, and so far, never on my workout days, except once.

Sometimes it might look like an addiction, but I still feel as if I have complete control over it, and choosing to enjoy it at a quantity and frequency above what most others do doesn't mean it's an addiction does it? Also important to note is it doesn't really have any negative effect on my life, besides possibly my health, but as I stated before, 1 week heavy, 8 weeks without, aside from that, I'm a very healthy individual, no other drugs, good, solid diet, strong, consistent workouts, so on.

People say I'm an addict, but I still fail to see how I am, or if I am, why it's such a bad thing, so long as I keep my priorities straight, never let it interfere with things that matter, and maintain control over it. It feels like a strong want, not a need, if that makes sense, if I had a reason to stop at any time, I could, would, and have, easily.
    You "feel" as if you have complete control over it but do you really? Could you make the conscious decision to go 2 months straight without alcohol? Could you? What are your reactions when I pose that question to you? Are you afraid of what it would be like? Please don't take this as me being harsh or rude, but I have lived this lifestyle and know how it begins and where it can lead to.

Originally Posted by danielaq12 View Post
    Alcohol does make everything better but what is the point of drinking for that 1 week when you made it through the other 8 weeks just fine? If you have no dependence on it then why do you feel the need to drink 1 out of every 9 weeks?

Alcohol should be left to purely social situations in my opinion. Like its acceptable to have maybe a beer or two sometimes on a chill night but if youre getting shmacked by yourself i just find that dumb.
    This ^

Furthermore, the fact that you are TAKING ALCOHOL TO WORK AND SCHOOL raises questions right there. I highly recommend you seek out a professional counselor who specializes in substance abuse. You are not alone, but you need to get help.

AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlexxVann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay I'll be serious. I have a couple of honest questions.

1. I look forward to drinking/partying all week every week.
    2. When I drink I just keep drinking, don't really stop.

This is normal/no problem for my age is it.

Originally Posted by AlexxVann View Post
    Okay I'll be serious. I have a couple of honest questions.

1. I look forward to drinking/partying all week every week.
    2. When I drink I just keep drinking, don't really stop.

This is normal/no problem for my age is it.
    There is nothing wrong with drinking in a social atmosphere to have fun, but don't you agree that it should be controlled in the sense that you do not drink to the point of doing stupid things? Do you not stop drinking because you physically or mentally cannot stop yourself, or do you just enjoy it? And if you cannot drink or have access to alcohol, how do you feel?

You "feel" as if you have complete control over it but do you really? Could you make the conscious decision to go 2 months straight without alcohol? Could you? What are your reactions when I pose that question to you? Are you afraid of what it would be like? Please don't take this as me being harsh or rude, but I have lived this lifestyle and know how it begins and where it can lead to.
    I have gone 2 months straight, and if I saw a reason to go longer, I probably would, but I currently just don't see that reason. People, myself included, could go our whole lives without ever touching alcohol, we just choose not to. It's a choice of mine when to drink, and when not to, to me it just seems like an unusual quantity and frequency which others don't usually go with, but it still seems like just a want, I just choose a weird way of indulgence, as opposed to your typical drinking schedule.

Alcohol does make everything better but what is the point of drinking for that 1 week when you made it through the other 8 weeks just fine? If you have no dependence on it then why do you feel the need to drink 1 out of every 9 weeks?

Alcohol should be left to purely social situations in my opinion. Like its acceptable to have maybe a beer or two sometimes on a chill night but if youre getting shmacked by yourself i just find that dumb.
    I feel the "want" because I only deload every couple of months, I want a drink, I want to relax, I want a week where I can just let it go a little bit on that, enjoy something I love, before going off it again for weeks. The reason I don't carry it on for longer is the same reason others don't go their whole lives without drinking, sometimes we just want a drink, but that doesn't mean I need it. I don't see the need to stay off it for that week, thereby depriving myself of something for 16 weeks or more, which I should be able to indulge in now and again.

Also, it's important to note I've never brought alcohol to my work, meant to say only to college, and even then, it was only on 2, very particular occasions.

I have gone 2 months straight, and if I saw a reason to go longer, I probably would, but I currently just don't see that reason. People, myself included, could go our whole lives without ever touching alcohol, we just choose not to. It's a choice of mine when to drink, and when not to, to me it just seems like an unusual quantity and frequency which others don't usually go with, but it still seems like just a want, I just choose a weird way of indulgence, as opposed to your typical drinking schedule.

I feel the "want" because I only deload every couple of months, I want a drink, I want to relax, I want a week where I can just let it go a little bit on that, enjoy something I love, before going off it again for weeks. The reason I don't carry it on for longer is the same reason others don't go their whole lives without drinking, sometimes we just want a drink, but that doesn't mean I need it. I don't see the need to stay off it for that week, thereby depriving myself of something for 16 weeks or more, which I should be able to indulge in now and again.

Also, it's important to note I've never brought alcohol to my work, meant to say only to college, and even then, it was only on 2, very particular occasions.
    "Also, it's important to note I've never brought alcohol to my work, meant to say only college, and even then, it was only on 2, very particular occasions."

What is so particular about these two occasions that you felt the need to bring alcohol to a college campus? Why did you need it then, but not any other time?

"Also, it's important to note I've never brought alcohol to my work, meant to say only college, and even then, it was only on 2, very particular occasions."

What is so particular about these two occasions that you felt the need to bring alcohol to a college campus? Why did you need it then, but not any other time?
    It's cos my girlfriend lived right next to the college. First time was just a random Saturday revision class lasting an hour, went from hers to college, it was my weekend, it was my holiday, I brought something with me cos those classes are boring as ****, I didn't wanna wait an hour to drink, but I didn't wanna miss it either, so whatever. Second time, similar situation, in a different scenario though, was with her, started drinking already, forgot I had college that afternoon, ran into my teacher outside on his way to the college, couldn't not show now, didn't wanna stop for a few hours now, again, brought something with me, once you start, that's when it gets hard to stop. Even normal people would probably find it a little difficult to just drop their drinks and go sober up in a college class when they thought it was the start of their weekend, but I'll agree, most probably wouldn't decide to continue drinking.

Why don't I wait until a party, bar? Sadly this town's **** for both of those, and it's difficult to even find mates willing, or with the time. I do when I can, but a lot of the time I prefer drinking with mates or my girl at houses. If we were doing that at night, you wouldn't see a problem with it, would you? Friends having a few drinks and gaming through the night, typical night for a lot of lads. Same thing with a girl, you wouldn't think much of it, drinking through the night, having a fun time, whatever. What I don't get is, when you turn the clocks back 12 hours, and instead of drinking at midnight, you're drinking at midday, it suddenly becomes a problem to people, as if drinking when the sun's up means you're an addict, but doing exactly the same when the sun goes down is normal for everyone. I presume most don't do it due to jobs and commitments throughout the day, well lucky us, when we've got a day free from any work or college, what's the point in hanging around sober for 6-12 hours for the sun to go down before we start with drinks?
    Last edited by CJ93UK; 10-08-2013 at 07:59 PM.

It's cos my girlfriend lived right next to the college. First time was just a random Saturday revision class lasting an hour, went from hers to college, it was my weekend, it was my holiday, I brought something with me cos those classes are boring as ****, I didn't wanna wait an hour to drink, but I didn't wanna miss it either, so whatever. Second time, similar situation, in a different scenario though, was with her, started drinking already, forgot I had college that afternoon, ran into my teacher outside on his way to the college, couldn't not show now, didn't wanna stop for a few hours now, again, brought something with me, once you start, that's when it gets hard to stop. Even normal people would probably find it a little difficult to just drop their drinks and go sober up in a college class when they thought it was the start of their weekend, but I'll agree, most probably wouldn't decide to continue drinking.

Why don't I wait until a party, bar? Sadly this town's **** for both of those, and it's difficult to even find mates willing, or with the time. I do when I can, but a lot of the time I prefer drinking with mates or my girl at houses. If we were doing that at night, you wouldn't see a problem with it, would you? Friends having a few drinks and gaming through the night, typical night for a lot of lads. Same thing with a girl, you wouldn't think much of it, drinking through the night, having a fun time, whatever. What I don't get is, when you turn the clocks back 12 hours, and instead of drinking at midnight, you're drinking at midday, it suddenly becomes a problem to people, as if drinking when the sun's up means you're an addict, but doing exactly the same when the sun goes down is normal for everyone. I presume most don't do it due to jobs and commitments throughout the day, well lucky us, when we've got a day free from any work or college, what's the point in hanging around sober for 6-12 hours for the sun to go down before we start with drinks?
    "I didn't want to wait an hour to drink."

Buddy you say you are in control but you couldn't wait one hour? I understand classes can be boring but that it isn't a reason to drink on campus

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait, I thought we couldn't talk about "these things" on this site. :O

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Wait, I thought we couldn't talk about "these things" on this site. :O
    I'm sure for many people this is the only place that they will talk about it. If the mods want to shut it down, go for it. I personally think this thread is different than just random recreational drug threads.

I used to be a heavy weed smoker, my friend and I would go through $100 worth every other day. He left for college and my parents decided to drug test me, I failed of course. I've only smoked a handful of times since then, all of which were over a month ago. As much as I enjoyed smoking, I never got anything done and I've become much more successful in lifting now.
    GSF

JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacquesCartier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    we should make one of preworkout addiction. what is life with out preworkout

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JacquesCartier View Post
    we should make one of preworkout addiction. what is life with out preworkout
    Recovering Addict checking in.
    100% srs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_addiction

Originally Posted by mmafighter1294 View Post
    I'm sure for many people this is the only place that they will talk about it. If the mods want to shut it down, go for it. I personally think this thread is different than just random recreational drug threads.

I used to be a heavy weed smoker, my friend and I would go through $100 worth every other day. He left for college and my parents decided to drug test me, I failed of course. I've only smoked a handful of times since then, all of which were over a month ago. As much as I enjoyed smoking, I never got anything done and I've become much more successful in lifting now.
    Reps if I could for making the decision to turn your life around.

Originally Posted by ChrisLB View Post
    Can I pm you Op? I rather not discuss here
    Of course you can

Originally Posted by Rohan27 View Post

Also, taking alcohol to work with you is something you should be concerned about. No judgement, but it can lead to a fair bit of trouble and it also means that sometimes your "cravings" for alcohol are bad enough that you are willing to risk your job for it.
    I didn't think of that when first reading it, your right that the binges can be very harsh on your body.

pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmergs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i think only people who have any knowledge about drug addiction/alcoholism should be giving advice ITT.

14 months clean from heroin and all other mood/mind altering substances checking in
    great thread though OP

ayylmao