Page 3 of 274 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

New log inauguration...

Almost forgot about this killer track, Bill.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvKvWCb...guid=&hl=en-GB

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    My second journal has reached the forum limit of posts, so I'll continue here for a third go-around.
    IN for motivation and thread awesomness.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No fair Bill, you've had your new workout journal for 1 week and you already have more pages then mine...

LOL
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Almost forgot about this killer track, Bill.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvKvWCb...guid=&hl=en-GB

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    IN for motivation and thread awesomness.
    Hey, thanks, C. Glad to have you in here!

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    No fair Bill, you've had your new workout journal for 1 week and you already have more pages then mine...

LOL
    It must be the food pics!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It must be the food pics!
    You mean this thread isn't about food?

Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Had a very good session to kick off the week's training. I had a lot of energy today, and put it to good use. Today's training was:

Smith Machine Front Squat
    95x10 W/U
    135x8
    185x8
    215x8
    255x8

Leg Press
    400x12 W/U
    580x12
    670x12
    760x12
    810x12

Neutral-Grip Pulldown PWO
    90x10 W/U
    170x9
    170x9
    170x8

Overhead Press
    95x5 W/U
    115x5
    125x5
    140x5
    95x9 backoff set

Completed the work in an hour and ten minutes. Met my reps-across goal on Fronts two weeks in a row now, so I'll bump up a little next week

Picked up 2 good reps on LPs; don't know where that came from, but I'll sure take both of 'em. I'll stay at this load for another week and see if I can duplicate the effort before adding more weight.

Didn't advance Pulldowns, but got a bunch of good reps and a nice lat pump to boot. Still need more work to get these to 10-across.

Regained my 5-across on OHP, barely. I should stick to this load another week, but if I keep futzing around, I'll stay here forever. Next week, I'll micro-load a couple of pounds and see what I can get. These need to move before my wrists and hands call it off.

That's it for today. I'll rest tomorrow, then hit the gym Wednesday with a good Lunge, Row, and Flye workout.

Post-Workout meal was a 6-egg fritatta with onions, garlic, bell peps and Parmesan cheese, a couple slices of bacon, fried potatoes, a slice of buttered toast, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    You mean this thread isn't about food?
    Lulz. It is now!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really love those days when I feel so energized and end up making unexpected progress! Sometimes I wonder if it was something I did in the earlier days - I wish I could figure it out.

I always like your food posts, but this one is my favorite. Looks really good.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome numbers... loving the front squat and leg press and press numbers! Fritatta looks pretty tasty as well.

Workout Journal:

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Regained my 5-across on OHP, barely. I should stick to this load another week, but if I keep futzing around, I'll stay here forever. Next week, I'll micro-load a couple of pounds and see what I can get. These need to move before my wrists and hands call it off.
    Without seeing any video of your form or at least different pictures at multi-stages of the lift (hint - hint), I'm not sure how the lift is hurting your wrists and hands. Seeing the bar at the locked position shows you are keeping the wrists straight. Unless it's simply the pressure of keeping them straight. At the very least some wrist wraps might help.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    I really love those days when I feel so energized and end up making unexpected progress! Sometimes I wonder if it was something I did in the earlier days - I wish I could figure it out.
    That's something I've always attempted to do-- try to figure out exactly the reason for a better-than-average workout so that maybe I can duplicate whatever it was that came before the session. So far, I've never been able to put my finger on anything definite. Just a theory, but for myself at least, I think it's 100% mental; my meals and sleep/rest habits rarely change, and I'm rarely ill. Gotta be something in my head; just don't know what.

I always like your food posts, but this one is my favorite. Looks really good.
    Thanks, DJ. Eggs are about as versatile as it gets, but fritattas take them to another level. And they're easy to make.

Awesome numbers... loving the front squat and leg press and press numbers! Fritatta looks pretty tasty as well.
    Hey, thanks, Bruce. I had a really good day, and it was capped off with a really good PWO meal!

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    Without seeing any video of your form or at least different pictures at multi-stages of the lift (hint - hint), I'm not sure how the lift is hurting your wrists and hands. Seeing the bar at the locked position shows you are keeping the wrists straight. Unless it's simply the pressure of keeping them straight. At the very least some wrist wraps might help.
    I've got Arthritis in my shoulders (diagnosed way back in '86 IIRC), and more recently in my hands (especially the right one) and wrists, K. I try not to mention it too often lest someone think it's an excuse for something, but sometimes the issue can't be avoided. I'm unable to completely close all my fingers around the bar; the middle finger on my right hand and the index finger on my left hand just won't do what I tell them to any longer. That's the main reason why I don't Bench Press or Seated Press heavy dumbbells; I can no longer trust my grip enough to lift them over my head/face. It's also the reason why I stopped doing OHP a couple of years ago. But a couple of months ago, I decided to give it (OHP) another cautious try just because I really like the exercise. And standing with a bar, I can get out from under it if my grip should go South. It would probably scare the heck out of my wife if i dumped it though!

The shoulder issue I get around by avoiding the one exercise that really sets them off-Barbell Bench Presses. I can use a Smith, or any other machine, with littel/no issues, but benching a free barbell, once I get up around 200 pounds or so, causes me enough pain that I can't sleep at night. I swore them off for good, 5 years ago, in my first journal here.

My wrists only bother me occasionally, usually on days when it's going to rain, oddy enough. I just work around all of it and try not to let it feel like some kind of limitation; I realized a long time ago that things could be much worse.

Just putting this out there as information for any new readers here who may have not read about this in one of my earlier journals.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got Arthritis in my shoulders (diagnosed way back in '86 IIRC), and more recently in my hands (especially the right one) and wrists, K. I try not to mention it too often lest someone think it's an excuse for something, but sometimes the issue can't be avoided. I'm unable to completely close all my fingers around the bar; the middle finger on my right hand and the index finger on my left hand just won't do what I tell them to any longer. That's the main reason why I don't Bench Press or Seated Press heavy dumbbells; I can no longer trust my grip enough to lift them over my head/face. It's also the reason why I stopped doing OHP a couple of years ago. But a couple of months ago, I decided to give it (OHP) another cautious try just because I really like the exercise. And standing with a bar, I can get out from under it if my grip should go South. It would probably scare the heck out of my wife if i dumped it though!

The shoulder issue I get around by avoiding the one exercise that really sets them off-Barbell Bench Presses. I can use a Smith, or any other machine, with littel/no issues, but benching a free barbell, once I get up around 200 pounds or so, causes me enough pain that I can't sleep at night. I swore them off for good, 5 years ago, in my first journal here.

My wrists only bother me occasionally, usually on days when it's going to rain, oddy enough. I just work around all of it and try not to let it feel like some kind of limitation; I realized a long time ago that things could be much worse.

Just putting this out there as information for any new readers here who may have not read about this in one of my earlier journals.
    For me, the important take home message here is instead of just giving up, you found ways to work around your issues and do what your body allows you to. A lesser person may have given up all together.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Picked up 2 good reps on LPs; don't know where that came from, but I'll sure take both of 'em. I'll stay at this load for another week and see if I can duplicate the effort before adding more weight.
    I don't think that even at this early stage Bill, that I will ever come to terms with what my body is capable of from one day to the next.

Didn't advance Pulldowns, but got a bunch of good reps and a nice lat pump to boot. Still need more work to get these to 10-across.
    That will be 9 across the board first though right?
    170 is not a sniffed at weight. Especially with that position you have with the arms. Props on the 8 even.

Is it really worth the bump Bill? Will that few quarters per side make the difference? I only ask as you mentioned previous regarding OHP and well, you know your body better than anyone here big guy.

Post-Workout meal was a 6-egg fritatta with onions, garlic, bell peps and Parmesan cheese, a couple slices of bacon, fried potatoes, a slice of buttered toast, and a glass of milk.
    Pretty much unable to be beaten on the square meal front there fella.

Nice work all round Bill.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

For me, the important take home message here is instead of just giving up, you found ways to work around your issues and do what your body allows you to. A lesser person may have given up all together.
    Repped, This really speaks to me because I did let a minor injury totally derail a little bit over a year ago... I keep learning that there is always SOMETHING I can do. It wasn't the injury that de-railed me... it was me that let it happen.

Workout Journal:

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

OK that makes a lot of sense. Thanks

^This right here^.

We all got our issues, some pain, or previous injuries, but I fully respect those who have found ways to either overcome them, or find other methods of working around them.

Your an inspiration.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's something I've always attempted to do-- try to figure out exactly the reason for a better-than-average workout so that maybe I can duplicate whatever it was that came before the session. So far, I've never been able to put my finger on anything definite. Just a theory, but for myself at least, I think it's 100% mental; my meals and sleep/rest habits rarely change, and I'm rarely ill. Gotta be something in my head; just don't know what.
    Your theory could be correct! How I feel mentally definitely has an influence on my workout. I wonder if there are other elements too that makes some days better than other when my sleeping and eating habits are the same. One day I'll find out!

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    12x810!
    I knew ya had it in you.
    1,000 lbs., not far off, gotta be a world record in there for a 60+ year old
    -just sayin

I say just try it!
    YOLO bro...
    if it leaves you crippled than at least you went out with a bang.

I'm just really thankful that I finally saw the light when I did, 5 years after being diagnosed, and realized I was going to have to be proactive and do something about my poor health or eventually succumb to it. Poor eating habits and a 2-pack-a-day cigarette habit were also beginning to make their effects known.

You know, nobody here gets out alive, Hoos, but that's no excuse not to do everything we're able in order to remain active and healthy for as long as possible. I have no misgivings that I'm going to live forever, but until my number is called, I plan to do as much as I can, as often as I can. And when my number does get called, I'll be okay with that.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    That will be 9 across the board first though right?
    If that's how it works out, yes. Sometimes, an extra rep will show up on the last set rather than the second one. But really, all that's important is to just work them all to 10 reps (or whatever has been predetermined to be the target) before thinking about increasing the load.

Is it really worth the bump Bill? Will that few quarters per side make the difference? I only ask as you mentioned previous regarding OHP and well, you know your body better than anyone here big guy.
    I've had quite a bit of success in the past with dropping all the way down to heavy triples in order to get past a stalled 5-rep lift. What I've found over many years of experimenting is that my muscle-type makeup is mostly suited for lower-rep work. These days, I'll make some concessions to higher-rep stuff for joint reasons, but would rather stay in the lower reps otherwise.

Pretty much unable to be beaten on the square meal front there fella.

Nice work all round Bill.
    Thanks, Leigh; I appreciate the comments.

Repped, This really speaks to me because I did let a minor injury totally derail a little bit over a year ago... I keep learning that there is always SOMETHING I can do. It wasn't the injury that de-railed me... it was me that let it happen.
    There are times when the best alternative is to take some time off; the trick is to know when that's the thing to do or to find a work-around.

If the issue is a chronic one that we know will never get any better, I've found that there's always at least something that can be done. It might not be what we want to do, but it always beats the alternative.

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    OK that makes a lot of sense. Thanks

^This right here^.

We all got our issues, some pain, or previous injuries, but I fully respect those who have found ways to either overcome them, or find other methods of working around them.

Your an inspiration.
    Thanks, K. Indeed, every one of us higher-mileage trainees has at least some issue or another that requires special handling. But if we look around, there's always someone else who has it rougher than us.

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    Your theory could be correct! How I feel mentally definitely has an influence on my workout. I wonder if there are other elements too that makes some days better than other when my sleeping and eating habits are the same. One day I'll find out!
    There's occasional chatter in the open O35 about 'biorhythms,' and there may well be something to that, but I'd rather not get into a mindset where I expect to have certain 'good' days and certain, 'bad' ones through the month. IMO, it's best not to get locked into such ideas since they can easily become self-fulfilling prophesies.

"Oh, geez; my biorhythmic calendar says that this coming Wed/Thur/Fri are all going to be "low" days (or whatever they call em), so I'll just not expect to be able to do anything worthwhile in the gym those days."

Yeah. Right.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    12x810!
    I knew ya had it in you.
    1,000 lbs., not far off, gotta be a world record in there for a 60+ year old
    -just sayin

I say just try it!
    YOLO bro...
    if it leaves you crippled than at least you went out with a bang.
    Lulz. I can see the EMT report now; "Old guy got hisself crushed in some kind of exercise machine by loading 1K on it and trying to move it."
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a few 'old' injuries too. Battled a bad case of biceps tendonitis in my 30's. It's much better now after strengthening the stabilizer muscles in my upper back, but it kicks up bad when I do wide grip lat pulldowns. Yet I can do hammer grip chinups (assisted :O) with no problem. And once in awhile I'll feel it when I do a heavy chest day, but otherwise it's fairly under control. Finding ways to work around those nagging issues is key.
    MMDELAD

ACE Certified Personal Trainer since 2007.

Originally Posted by ELLSKIES View Post
    I have a few 'old' injuries too. Battled a bad case of biceps tendonitis in my 30's. It's much better now after strengthening the stabilizer muscles in my upper back, but it kicks up bad when I do wide grip lat pulldowns. Yet I can do hammer grip chinups (assisted :O) with no problem. And once in awhile I'll feel it when I do a heavy chest day, but otherwise it's fairly under control. Finding ways to work around those nagging issues is key.
    Probably everyone with some mileage on them is dealing with some issue or another. And I don't blame that on actual weight training; if you look at civilians, most of them have far more physical problems than us (as a group), and they don't do anything but sit on their butts and shovel in the chow.

There's always some sort of work-around. Sometimes it takes a good bit of experimenting to find one, but persistence will pay off. And conversely, sometimes the solution is no more complicated than slightly changing hand or foot position.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

leg drive is a myth KennyWheels's Avatar
    KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In, apparently very late.
    current gym pr: 410
    competition pr: 350

Leg Drive is A Myth

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bill
    Regained my 5-across on OHP, barely.
    This was only possible because you listened to Shining Star before your session. Don't lie.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lurking as always!

And forever grateful to your advice that you offer to guys new to this site. I was one that took your advice and dont think I would be where I am now had you not pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by KennyWheels View Post
    In, apparently very late.
    On the contrary, brother; you're right on time.

Welcome to my journal.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    This was only possible because you listened to Shining Star before your session. Don't lie.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Lurking as always!

And forever grateful to your advice that you offer to guys new to this site. I was one that took your advice and dont think I would be where I am now had you not pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Hey, Justin!

For whatever help I was able to provide, you're certainly welcome. You very likely would have quickly come to the right conclusions anyway, even without any assistance. Maybe I just shortened the curve a little bit.

Interacting with serious trainees (regardless of their experience level) in the open forums is becoming increasingly rare these days. I'm finding that more and more new posters are little more than trolls, looking to stir the pot, then disappear. But even that won't keep me from at least trying to help anyone who I feel has already put out at least a little bit of effort on his/her own to find the path.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    guilty lurker here too...lots of great things to learn here....I love your deload approach....and nutrition approach....and workout apprach...and life approach....

lots of good things here...I'll be lurking about
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Good session today. Held ground on some, bumped up on another. Todays' training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4

Dumbbell Row
    60x10 W/U
    110x6
    110x6
    110x5

Incline Flye
    40x10 W/U
    55x8
    65x8
    70x3 heh-vee

Completed this session in right at an hour. Lunges remained as they stood last week. The huge jump from 135 up to 245 is beginning to wear on me a bit, as I expected it might. I'll give this set/rep scheme one more go, and if I'm still not comfortable with it, will change it to some sort of a ramp-up.

Picked up a rep on Dumbbell rows. You'll just have to trust me that my ROM was a bit better than in the pic! One more rep, bringing me to 3x6, and I'll qualify to get back to my previous stalled weigh--115.

Flyes remained the same today. These too, I'll give one more shot in an attempt to get some value from the 70s. If I can't advance them, I'll consider dropping the last set back to 65, and running up the reps.

That's it for this 'un. I'll rest tomorrow during a trip out of town, then get back to work on Friday with an effort to advance RDLs, Curls, and Dips.

Post-Workout meal was a garlic and herb-roasted chicken breast, a couple of bowlfuls of fresh pineapple, diced up, (a bit tart, but still tasty), some lima beans and peas with butter sauce, and a glass of cold milk.

Last edited by ironwill2008; 10-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    guilty lurker here too...lots of great things to learn here....I love your deload approach....and nutrition approach....and workout apprach...and life approach....

lots of good things here...I'll be lurking about
    Hey, hello! Thanks for the comments; they're appreciated.

Over the years, the stuff that actually works, as well as the stuff that makes no difference at all, eventually becomes apparent, and everything greatly simplifies itself. If we're lucky, and at least half-way smart, we are able to recognize the difference!

Welcome to my journal.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will never figure out how you get so much done in an hour; good job.

Have a good trip tomorrow.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know, nobody here gets out alive, Hoos, but that's no excuse not to do everything we're able in order to remain active and healthy for as long as possible. I have no misgivings that I'm going to live forever, but until my number is called, I plan to do as much as I can, as often as I can. And when my number does get called, I'll be okay with that.
    Much respect man.. You are really strong and your story is inspirational I really like your simple but delicious looking meals.

I need to do more lunges lol

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I will never figure out how you get so much done in an hour; good job.
    Thanks, Jim.

It's a relatively small workload; counting the warmup sets, just 13, and a few minutes overall warmup to get started. I'm also the only guy training, which makes a huge difference in gym-time-management. There are very few distractions too, other than the occasional squirrel jumping up on a window sill with a walnut to munch on.

Have a good trip tomorrow.
    Thanks, bud. We've been trying to visit some relatives for a while now, but all manner of things kept coming up and keeping us from getting away.

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    Much respect man.. You are really strong and your story is inspirational I really like your simple but delicious looking meals.

I need to do more lunges lol
    Hey, thanks!

It's just a matter of being consistent; everything else branches off of that one factor. If someone srticks with something over a long period of time, he's bound to eventually get pretty good at it.

I post the Post-workout meals to demonstrate that we don't have to rely on pills, powders, or potions, and that, in fact, regular food is always the better choice. And "simple" is the key to good nutrition; we always try to buy whatever is freshest on the day, and then build simple meals around a few main ingredients.

And if I can learn how to cook, anybody can do it. When I first got into bodybuilding and realized I was going to have to drastically change my eating habits, I could burn water on the stovetop. But with some perseverence, anyone can learn to put out some really good meals with minimal hassle.

Lunges FTW!

And thanks for visiting my journal.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal: