Page 2 of 274 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1rd page!

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for continuing to share your knowledge.
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Continued the good start to the training week today with a productive session. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4

Dumbbell Row
    60x10 W/U
    110x6
    110x5
    110x5

Incline Flye
    40x10
    55x8
    65x8
    70x3 heh-vee

Polished off this session in one hour. The 20-pound bump on Lunges proved to be quite ambitious, but I managed three good sets. I'll work my way to 3x8 before adding more weight, and it probably won't be another 20 in one chunk.

Bumped Dumbbell rows up and still nearly managed reps-across. I'll be back to 115 shortly, and take another run at getting up to 120.

Flyes didn't move up, but I was just happy to get 3 decent reps on the top set without both my arms falling off. I'll try the 70s for another couple of weeks to see if I can legitimately move them up.

That's all I've got for today. It feels good to get a workout posted in this new log.

I'll rest tomorrow with a few home-repair projects, then hit RDLs, Curls, and Dips as hard as I'm able on Friday.

PWO meal was some of my wife's handiwork this time--a pair of egg/bacon/pepper cheese/tomato sliders on pretzel buns. These were really good, and went well with the grapes and cold glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    1rd page!
    Hey, welcome! Gonna do work and eat some good food!

Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    Thanks for continuing to share your knowledge.
    Thank you for continuing to be a part of my journal.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Glad you're in here; we see exactly eye-to-eye on most of the issues that cause most of the confusion in the open forums.
    I'm sure there hasn't been a formal introduction, names Jeff.

There's a good reason we have the same mentality. When I first started on this site, I remember arguing with you in the Exercise section about diet (I think you wished me luck on my nutrition goals in 2012 ). I swallowed my pride, actually read the information you offered, and realized I was wrong. What you did, was teach me to consider the source, and for that I am eternally grateful for. That started a long process of reading everything I could on the subject.

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4
    You and Cmoore have some of the craziest lunges I've seen here. Between you and Andrew, I learned the importance of single leg training. I'll never underestimate there usefulness and lunges have become a staple of my program.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Continued the good start to the training week today with a productive session. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4

Dumbbell Row
    60x10 W/U
    110x6
    110x5
    110x5

Incline Flye
    40x10
    55x8
    65x8
    70x3 heh-vee

Polished off this session in one hour. The 20-pound bump on Lunges proved to be quite ambitious, but I managed three good sets. I'll work my way to 3x8 before adding more weight, and it probably won't be another 20 in one chunk.

Bumped Dumbbell rows up and still nearly managed reps-across. I'll be back to 115 shortly, and take another run at getting up to 120.

Flyes didn't move up, but I was just happy to get 3 decent reps on the top set without both my arms falling off. I'll try the 70s for another couple of weeks to see if I can legitimately move them up.

That's all I've got for today. It feels good to get a workout posted in this new log.

I'll rest tomorrow with a few home-repair projects, then hit RDLs, Curls, and Dips as hard as I'm able on Friday.

PWO meal was some of my wife's handiwork this time--a pair of egg/bacon/pepper cheese/tomato sliders on pretzel buns. These were really good, and went well with the grapes and cold glass of milk.

First workout of the new Journal looks great Bill. I snipped the pics out except for the workout meal... looks too yummy to leave out! LOL
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong first workout!

As always simple yet delicious looking PWO meal.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bill, you 'lunge' more than what the youngsters at my gym can squat. You should come down here and bitch-slap them for being lazy. I will film it.

"Swole bb.comer pwns lazy teens, lunges their max. squat for reps"

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I love pretzel buns! Damn you, IW! Now I want a whole bag of it!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I enjoy all the WO's but I pop popcorn and hold the rabbit ears for better reception on lunge day. Nice one, also now going to have to get pretzel buns....
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I'm sure there hasn't been a formal introduction, names Jeff.

There's a good reason we have the same mentality. When I first started on this site, I remember arguing with you in the Exercise section about diet (I think you wished me luck on my nutrition goals in 2012 ). I swallowed my pride, actually read the information you offered, and realized I was wrong. What you did, was teach me to consider the source, and for that I am eternally grateful for. That started a long process of reading everything I could on the subject.
    Thanks, Jeff, but I can't take any credit for the fact that you allowed logic to overtake popular broscience, and very soon after you got into bodybuilding at that. If only all the other newer posters/trainees on this site were as receptive to scientific method as you were, and would just take some time to do some reading, everyone would be making much more, and much less stressful, progress.

Lulz @ "swallowed my pride;" I certainly know that feel. Shortly after joining this site, and posting one of my many posts telling some noob he must eat every 3 hours, slug down a shake within 30 minutes of training, take casein right before bed, yak, yak, yak, a young poster chided me for my ignorance, and directed me to Alan Aragon's website and his postings in the 'nutrition' forum (Alan was posting much more frequently on bbdotcom back then). At that time, he (Alan) had a very long-running thread there concerning pre-and post-training nutrition, nearly 300 pages (he's since shortened and edited it to a single explanatory post, and then locked it).

I started reading that thread, and the further I read, including the citations he linked to, the more I realized that I had been led down a bogus path by the muscle magazines and supp companies for fifteen years. To say I was shocked and surprised by what I was reading and learning would be the biggest understatement of my then-15 years of bodybuilding experience. So, I choked down my own pride, PMed the poster who led me to Alan's work, and thanked him for opening my eyes. Occasionally, someone will bump some ancient thread, and one of my old, brotastic posts will resurface. I'll then read what I once believed to be the truth, and then facepalm myself until I have a bruise on my forehead.

WTH was I thinking back then? Oh, wait.........................I wasn't.

Following Alan's work led me to Lyle McDonald and Jamie Hale, two other highly knowledgeable people, and to many others, such as Dr. Layne Norton and Eric Helms. And the more I learn from these people, the more I realize I don't know. But one of the most important things I have learned is that the deeper I dig down into the details, the more I come to realize that, yes, nutrition, and the body's processes in dealing with it, are very complicated, but it's not the tiny details that make the big differences in someone's ability to make gains. Most people are so hung up on insignificant minutiae that they fail to see the forest for the trees. This is the reason why I included Alan's quote in my sig, and that quote is all-encompassing for everyone not yet prepping to step on a contest stage.

You and Cmoore have some of the craziest lunges I've seen here. Between you and Andrew, I learned the importance of single leg training. I'll never underestimate there usefulness and lunges have become a staple of my program.
    Thanks. C is definitely The Lungemeister!

I've been doing Barbell Lunges ever since about my first year of training, when, after I had progressed with dumbbells to the point where I could out-lunge my grip ability, my mentor at the time suggested I use a barbell instead. After a few shaky attempts, I took to them like a duck to water, and have been doing them ever since.

I think they're a great way to work the lower body in such a unique fashion that it can't really be duplicated by any other exercise. Just the mental challenge alone that they present is beneficial.

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    First workout of the new Journal looks great Bill. I snipped the pics out except for the workout meal... looks too yummy to leave out! LOL
    LOL. Thanks, Bruce. I had a good day overall, and am working my way back up to some previous stall points.

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    Strong first workout!

As always simple yet delicious looking PWO meal.
    Thanks, DJ. Those little sliders were much more filling than they first appeared, and they sure were tasty.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Bill, you 'lunge' more than what the youngsters at my gym can squat. You should come down here and bitch-slap them for being lazy. I will film it.

"Swole bb.comer pwns lazy teens, lunges their max. squat for reps"
    Lulz. I'd do that, -L, but they can all probably out-bench me!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    I love pretzel buns! Damn you, IW! Now I want a whole bag of it!
    Lulz. I can't take "credit" for them, Hoos; but I'll pass your compliments on to my wife!

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    I enjoy all the WO's but I pop popcorn and hold the rabbit ears for better reception on lunge day. Nice one, also now going to have to get pretzel buns....
    Thanks, EK. I like the challenge that Lunges present, and increasingly these days, think that they're helping to maintain my mobility, always a consideration as the odometer spins upward.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4

Dumbbell Row
    60x10 W/U
    110x6
    110x5
    110x5

Incline Flye
    40x10
    55x8
    65x8
    70x3 heh-vee

Im in. That post workout meal looks awesome!
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Impressive exercises to start the training week, Bill, especially the bumps on the Lunges and Rows. Your flyes also are awesome as the majority of guys I see going over 55 sacrifice a lot of form so that the movement looks like a cross between a flye and a press.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Location: South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000)

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    245x6
    245x4
    245x4

Pardon my ignorance, is that a 'stationary' lunge (i.e. one step forward and return to start) or a 'walking' lunge?
    http://www.musclefood.com/IG4833
    http://lastpass.com/f?3497706

Usus est magister optimus.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Impressive exercises to start the training week, Bill, especially the bumps on the Lunges and Rows. Your flyes also are awesome as the majority of guys I see going over 55 sacrifice a lot of form so that the movement looks like a cross between a flye and a press.
    Hey, Bob!

Thanks; I'm working my way back up on all three of those lifts in an effort to take another run at busting some plateaus.

Flyes, in particular, were really heavy during that workout. The last time I got to 70, I stalled out at 6 reps (IIRC), and yesterday, just hittng 3 at that weight felt like I had a '56 Buick hanging off each arm.

Originally Posted by LordGrover View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, is that a 'stationary' lunge (i.e. one step forward and return to start) or a 'walking' lunge?
    Not ignorance at all; there are probably a dozen Lunge variants, and there's always some confusion as to which is which.

I refer to the variant I use as "Lunges-In-Place," and yes, one rep consists of a stride forward followed by a heavy push backwards back to upright. I'll do all my reps with one leg, take a breath or three, then complete the set with an equal number of reps (if I'm lucky!) with the other leg.

I've done Walking Lunges in the past, and they work well, but for me, where I really feel the benefit is in that push back to upright.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Location: South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not ignorance at all; there are probably a dozen Lunge variants, and there's always some confusion as to which is which.

I refer to the variant I use as "Lunges-In-Place," and yes, one rep consists of a stride forward followed by a heavy push backwards back to upright. I'll do all my reps with one leg, take a breath or three, then complete the set with an equal number of reps (if I'm lucky!) with the other leg.

I've done Walking Lunges in the past, and they work well, but for me, where I really feel the benefit is in that push back to upright.
    Thanks for prompt reply.
    I've tried those in the past but with dumbbells; I've struggled with a lack of flexibility in my left ankle/foot when lunging my right leg. Other way round is fine. Same thing applies to walking lunges though. I'm hoping the introduction of squats three times a week will help with this so maybe I'll have a pop again once I've completed the SL5x5 12 week program.
    Thanks again.
    http://www.musclefood.com/IG4833
    http://lastpass.com/f?3497706

Usus est magister optimus.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DB rows...head up!-you know better
    In!
    Yay, won't feel guilty about posting my drivel in your new journal.

The lunges and meal look fantastic.

Originally Posted by willybrokeback View Post
    Im in. That post workout meal looks awesome!
    Thanks, and welcome aboard!

I love to cook, and usually handle that task here, but my wife will also contribute. When she does, I alwys make it a point to give her the credit.

And those sliders were really tasty!

I'm very outspoken in the open forums as an advocate of common sense nutrition, and the advantages of getting what we require from everyday, regular foods, and the fact that it's totally unnecessary to eat boiled chicken, brown rice, and broccoli 6 times a day in order to build mass/strength. I post these 'Post-Workout' meal pics to demonstrate that I practice what I preach.

Originally Posted by LordGrover View Post
    Thanks for prompt reply.
    I've tried those in the past but with dumbbells; I've struggled with a lack of flexibility in my left ankle/foot when lunging my right leg. Other way round is fine. Same thing applies to walking lunges though. I'm hoping the introduction of squats three times a week will help with this so maybe I'll have a pop again once I've completed the SL5x5 12 week program.
    Thanks again.
    Dumbbells are the better way to do Lunges, since the center of gravity is much lower, and if failure occurs, it's a simple matter of just dropping the dumbbells. But after the load progresses to a point where there either aren't heavy enough dumbbells available or they can no longer be reliably gripped, a barbell is the logical choice.

Squats are a great way to build/maintain flexibility. Those, paired-up with any of the Lunge variants, will work pretty much everything from the waist down and also hit some areas you never knew you had.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    DB rows...head up!-you know better
    In!
    Yay, won't feel guilty about posting my drivel in your new journal.
    Glad you found me, Brian; your drivel will mesh well with my drivel!

The lunges and meal look fantastic.
    Thanks! Both went well.

That 20-pound bump on Lunges was just enough to really get my attention without making the last set unmanageable. I still have my sights set on 295x3, which I missed the last time I tried.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Capped off the training week with a good session. Wasn't able to move the numbers up much, but effort was solid all the way through, so I'm okay with it. Today's training was;

Romanian Deadlift
    bar x15 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    345x5
    375x3

Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    30x10
    45x8
    45x8
    50x3

Dip
    bw +45x7
    bw +45x6
    bw =45x6

Polished off this session in right at one hour. Wasn't able to recover my lost 4th rep on RDLs today, but I'll get in back. Still eyeing getting back to 4 plates for a solid triple on these eventually.

Curls didn't move up, but I felt my form on that top set had improved a bit, so it's all good. I'll stick with the 50s for a few more weeks and see how far I can advance them.

Picked up a rep on Dips as I work that plate up to 3x8. I'll get there eventually, and beyond as long as my wrists and hands hold up. So far, so good.

That's it for today and this week. After a restful, football-on-TV-filled weekend, I'll hit it on Monday with Smith Fronts, Leg Press, Pulldowns, and Overheads.

PWO meal today was an old faithful go-to; 1/4 pound of grilled ground sirloin, a baked spud with butter, some sweet peas, and a glass of milk.

Last edited by ironwill2008; 10-12-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Those curls are extremely strong, knowing that you do them in a strict form makes them much more impressive. Enjoy your weekend!

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Another good one Bill... Way to rock it...
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bill, you rock man. I want to be you when I grow up. Hope all is well.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IN for V3.0 and there is already some great information in it. Looking forward to learning in here.

I first did lunges after some discussions in your journal and when you say they hit some areas you never knew you had that is true for me. I really feel it when I bring them back after going through a phase of not doing them.

Food looking fantastic as usual

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good work dusting off them 50s Bill. Do you drop any strength on the first workout back from deload?
    Had to re read this. Twice.

Pucked up a rep on Dips as I work that plate up to 3x8.
    I swear you put PUKED!!!

Your first instalment got enough of my questions answered from ACC and your good self enough for me to not put any 2 pence in.
    Enjoy that football and the weekend.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jeepindoc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    New guy in!

Now to spend the next year catching up with V1.0 & V2.0
    "Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, do it today and forever”. – Jim Wendler

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    Those curls are extremely strong, knowing that you do them in a strict form makes them much more impressive. Enjoy your weekend!
    Thanks, DJ. I'm going to have to get them up to at least 5-6 good reps before they do me any real good though, and just getting 3 is a struggle. I'm going to work them for another couple of weeks though, and then decide if I'm a little to ambitious with that much weight.

I don't have much problem with swinging or swaying with the dumbbells; my issue with form is that my elbows will 'sneak' forward, taking some of the load off of my biceps. It's really odd; I'll stare right down at the working arm, thinking that I must keep that elbow pinned, and it will still try to move forward.

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Another good one Bill... Way to rock it...
    Hey Bruce, thanks. I had a good day, and it capped a pretty good week overall. The new job is to try to improve on it.

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Bill, you rock man. I want to be you when I grow up. Hope all is well.
    LOL. Thanks, Rob! I'm just trying to keep moving forward one millimeter at a time!

I hope you're doing well too.

Originally Posted by emp1acur View Post
    IN for V3.0 and there is already some great information in it. Looking forward to learning in here.

I first did lunges after some discussions in your journal and when you say they hit some areas you never knew you had that is true for me. I really feel it when I bring them back after going through a phase of not doing them.

Food looking fantastic as usual
    Thanks, Larry.

Lunges will definitely put the bite on you if they haven't been worked in a while. There just isn't any other exercise that works the body the way they do, so the only way to get and remain conditioned to them is to do them.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Good work dusting off them 50s Bill. Do you drop any strength on the first workout back from deload?
    Thanks, Leigh. Deloads always re-energize me. In all the years of doing deloads, I can't ever remember one time when I didn't come back at least as strong as before, and most times, I've been at least a little bit stronger.

We're each a bit different though, especially where recover ability is concerned. If you're not coming back refreshed after a week of light training, eating to requirement every day, and getting plenty of sleep, consider experimenting with the interval between deloads. Maybe try deloading a week or two earlier, or even later, than you're currently doing and see what the effect might be. Sometimes, it takes a bit of juggling to find the appropriate segments of training/deloading.

Had to re read this. Twice.

I swear you put PUKED!!!
    Lulz. Good catch! I went back and corrected that and two other gaffes. Apparently, I was in a bit of a hurry to get that posted, and missed the spelling errors (which I hate!).

Your first instalment got enough of my questions answered from ACC and your good self enough for me to not put any 2 pence in.
    Enjoy that football and the weekend.
    Jeff (ACC) really knows his stuff. It's one thing to know something, and another altogether to be able to explain the whys and wherefores, and he does it well.

Football FTW. My only regret is that it's only played August to February.

Originally Posted by Jeepindoc View Post
    New guy in!

Now to spend the next year catching up with V1.0 & V2.0
    Hello!

I'm fortunate to have a lot of great posters in here; we all learn from one other, and all help to keep each other motivated.

Welcome to my journal.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should have known you had done this since I've not noticed your log for a bit.

Wut...no intro post?

Nice RDL's.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Wut...no intro post?
    Strong, swole man has cute, little dog named Sherman.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Should have known you had done this since I've not noticed your log for a bit.

Wut...no intro post?
    I could have squeezed a few more posts out of V2.0, but Vox reminded me that the thread might get locked by another moderator who noticed the post count, and without an opportunity by me to add a link to this new journal.

I also thought about an intro, Will, but as I started typing one up, it struck me as sounding like a broken record; I had mentioned many times already in my previous two journals everything I might have put in one. And even after 5 years and 55,000 posts here, I feel a bit odd about posting anything that appears to have me blowing my own horn. I've always gladly answered questions about where I've been/what I've been through to get me here, or added a piece of past history to a journal entry if it were relevant to the topic at hand, but that's about it.

Nice RDL's.
    Thanks. I'm working my way back up to another shot at 405x3 where I stalled previously.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Strong, swole man has cute, little dog named Sherman.
    LOL. At least Sherman is cute!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal: