chelseylynnx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I need some advice and critigue PLEASE!

I have been working out since January. Since then I have been doing the Weight Watchers diet. I have lost a total of 40lbs and am now back down to my highschool weight of 137. However, I am technically still considered overweight for my body percent fat and I feel like I am not quite satisfied with the way my body looks. If you click on my profile you will see the photos I have posted up today and those were also taken today. I am trying to target every area with tone but I am trying to also lose fat. Right now at my gym my workout consists of this (4/5days a week):

*25 laps in the pool: Freestyle, Breast, and backstroke.
    *3 mile run at 30 mins with 6mph and 2.5 incline
    *I do a circuit afterwards that includes: lifting my legs up and dropping them a couple inches from the floor, holding it and bringing it back up for my abs (center, and side to side) then I do lunges with 15lb weights in each hand, then I do 15 squats with a 45lb dumbell, then I do 15 push ups with the half ball and the ball part facing the floor. And I do that circuit 3/4 times. I just recently started deadlifts at 30 lbs.

All I am asking is if there is a way to burn fat quicker then what I am doing and gain tone faster as well. I want to cut myself to at least 18% body fat! If there are any tips may it be diet/workout I would love to hear them! Also, I was wondering some good workouts I can do for the back of my thighs/hamstrings to eliminate the fat back there and tighten my butt. I would like to tighten my chest up too! If you can give me an idea of how many reps/how much weight while explaining I would love it! Thanks so much for all of your help!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to stick to your calorie deficit to continue losing fat. Use a wide variety of whole foods you enjoy. Number of meals you eat, times you eat and food choices don't make a difference in the end result. Get a balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats through out the day and you're good to go.

Your routine looks more cardio based. Getting a tight/defined look means having enough overall muscle to support the look. You need to stay consistent with a heavy lifting program focused around the compound lifts: bench, overhead press, rows, squats, deadlifts, pullups, chin-ups, dips, etc...this is crucial for building a solid foundation.

Some programs to check into:

All Pro’s Beginner Routine

http://simplebeginnerroutine.wikia.c...r_Routine_Wiki

Bill Star’s 5 x 5 Programs

http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

Lyle McDonald’s Routine

http://www.jcdfitness.com/2009/01/ly...lking-routine/

Simply Shredded Upper/Lower

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ul...ing-guide.html

Baby Got Back Routine

http://www.wannabebig.com/training/t...-back-routine/

Good luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You need to stick to your calorie deficit to continue losing fat. Use a wide variety of whole foods you enjoy. Number of meals you eat, times you eat and food choices don't make a difference in the end result. Get a balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats through out the day and you're good to go.

Your routine looks more cardio based. Getting a tight/defined look means having enough overall muscle to support the look. You need to stay consistent with a heavy lifting program focused around the compound lifts: bench, overhead press, rows, squats, deadlifts, pullups, chin-ups, dips, etc...this is crucial for building a solid foundation.
    Thanks for the tip! Is it better to do low rep high weight/high rep low weight to see quicker results?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chelseylynnx33 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Is it better to do low rep high weight/high rep low weight to see quicker results?
    Strength 4-6 rep ranges
    Hypertrophy 8-12 rep ranges

Your weights should be heavy enough where you're working hard to get those last few reps with every set. I've always used a mixture of both strength and hypertrophy in all of my programs. I don't feel one is better than the other. I like having the best of both worlds to keep it interesting!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Strength 4-6 rep ranges
    Hypertrophy 8-12 rep ranges

Your weights should be heavy enough where you're working hard to get those last few reps with every set. I've always used a mixture of both strength and hypertrophy in all of my programs. I don't feel one is better than the other. I like having the best of both worlds to keep it interesting!
    Thank you so much!