aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

"Bigger, Leaner and Meaner" - Juniors 2014

Hi everyone!

This year I competed for the second time in my life in 3 shows, on consecutive weekends. The INBA Lifestyle Classic, ACT Titles and NSW Titles in the Junior category. I placed second in the first two shows but did not make top five for the NSW Titles. In some ways I think I could've placed better, but I can also see why the judges went for the decisions they did, I just didn't carry as much mass as the other guys. However, it has only re-enforced my desire to come back next year and show them I'm a force to be reckoned with!

2013 INBA Lifestyle Classic (2nd Juniors) https://www.********.com/media/set/?...8694330&type=3
    2013 INBA ACT Titles (2nd Juniors) https://www.********.com/media/set/?...8694330&type=3
    2013 INBA NSW Titles (did not place Juniors) https://www.********.com/media/set/?...8694330&type=3

I weighed roughly 71-72kg (158lbs) on stage. My goal is to come in better condition next year close to 75kg (165lbs). I believe I can do this with a proper hard offseason behind me. Prior to these shows I competed in the 2011 ANB South Coast at a weight of 68kg in the Teenage Class (https://www.********.com/media/set/?...8694330&type=3). I had wasted a lot of time between then and the start of this year, where I had been inconsistent with my training, even having stopped for months at a time, drinking heavily and often. I believe these shows I just did clearly show I have improved in size and condition despite that, which is why I believe with a 100% dedication to building the most impressive physique I can for this off season that I can get close to my goal of 75kg and in better condition next year. And if I fall short a little so what? I will still have made amazing progress.

I've taken it easy this week having dieted and trained strictly for 23 weeks, but I will be putting my foot back on the pedal starting next week, with my ultimate goal of coming back and winning next year in mind. So follow along in this log as I work hard to make further improvements to my physique and achieve my goals! Feel free to like me on ******** as well, I would greatly appreciate that.
    Last edited by aussieryan; 10-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.

aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussieryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is my training program for the next 6 weeks:

MONDAY Chest, Triceps and Calves
    Standing Calf Raise x4
    Flat Dumbell Press x4
    Incline Smith Press x4
    Flat Dumbell Flyes x3
    Chest Press Machine x3
    supersetted with
    Pec Dec Flye x3
    Cable Crossovers x2
    Seated Calf Raise x4
    Rope Pressdowns x3
    Seated Two Hand Dumbell Extension x3

TUESDAY Back, Biceps and Abs
    Bent Over Rows x4
    Wide Pulldowns x4
    Cable Rows x3
    Close Pulldown x3
    supersetted with
    Chest Supported Row x3
    Dumbell Rows x2
    Incline Sit Ups x4
    Incline Leg Raise x4
    Rope Curls x3
    Seated Dumbell Curls x3

WEDNESDAY Legs and Calves
    Seated Calf Raise x4
    Barbell Squats x4
    Leg Press x3
    Leg Curls x4
    Smith Front Squats x3
    supersetted with
    Leg Extensions x3
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts x4
    Alternating One-Legged Leg Curls x3
    Standing Calf Raise x4

THURSDAY Shoulders, Traps and Abs
    Barbell Shrugs x4
    Seated Behind Neck Press x4
    Seated Rear Lateral x4
    Standing Side Raise x3
    Cable Rear Lateral x3
    supersetted with
    Cable Side Raise x3
    Smith Upright Row x2
    Rope Crunches x4
    Incline Sit Up x3
    supersetted with
    Incline Leg Raise x3
    Dumbell Shrugs x4
    supersetted with
    Behind Back Smith Shrugs x4

FRIDAY Arms, Forearms and Calves
    Standing Calf Raise x4
    EZ Bar Curls x4
    French Press x4
    Preacher Curls x3
    V-Bar Pressdowns x3
    Cable Curls x3
    supersetted with
    Dip Machine x3
    Seated Calf Raise x4
    Reverse Curls x3
    Behind Back Wrist Curls x3

I like being in the gym for a while and I feel I have structured this program well to accommodate that as well as hitting what I feel are my weak points (chest, arms, shoulders, traps) with more intensity.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck man!

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck and In!
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Good luck man!
    Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    Good luck and In!
    Thanks guys, I won't disappoint!

This is my diet and supplementation plan that I will be following for the next four weeks. Very similar to what I was eating half way into my prep. Wednesday will be a "free" day.

- 3 whole egg omelette
    - Tuna and salad
    - Chicken, rice and vegetables
    - Steak and sweet potato
    - 2 protein shakes

Approximately: 247g protein, 201g carbs, 61g fats and 2200 calories.

Pre-workout: Creatine and dextrose
    During workout: BCAA's and dextrose
    Post workout: Protein shake and creatine

As I progress I will be able to make changes to my diet and supplementation and coming from such a basic plan I will be able to see how effective any changes are.

Back pose from on stage at the INBA Lifestyle Classic.

Okay, so I did an epic leg workout yesterday. Second set of heavy squats and my pants rip right down the middle of my ass so I had to rush home and get new ones on in order to finish my workout. I considered just continuing training but I figured it wouldn't be pretty when I had to do stiff legs haha.

Seated Calves (pin loaded machine, no weights marked) 13 x 12
    Barbell Squats 70kg (+ olympic bar) x 6
    Leg Press 160kg x 6
    Leg Curls 14 x 10 (again, no weights, just a number)
    Smith Front Squats 40kg x 6
    Leg Extensions 50kg x 8
    Stiff Legs 40kg x 10
    Alternating Leg Curls 15kg x 12
    Standing Calves 120kg x 10

Was stoked with the workout despite the little hiccup haha. Weights aren't as high as they could be but I trained with an intensity I haven't for a long time and absolutely trashed my legs. My desire to become a champion is stronger than ever and throughout the whole workout I felt like I was well on my way to my goal. Legs are damn sore today, I can say that much!
    Last edited by aussieryan; 10-10-2013 at 03:21 AM.

And it was shoulders and abs today.

Barbell Shrugs 80kg x 6 (+ olympic bar)
    Seated Behind Neck Press 30kg x 6 (+ olympic bar)
    Seated Rear Delt 15kg x 15
    Standing Side Raise 15kg x 10
    Cable Rear Delt and Cable Side Raise 20kg x 8
    Smith Upright Row 20kg x 12
    Rope Crunches 80kg x 8
    Incline Sit Ups 20
    Incline Leg Raise 10
    Dumbell Shrigs 40kg x 6
    Behind Back Smith Shrugs 40kg x 12

Was arms yesterday, had to skip calves because they were still too traumatized haha. Smashed my arms as they are a weak point I want to bring up for next year.

EZ Bar Curls 40kg x 12
    French Press 35kg x 10
    Preacher Curls 35kg x 8
    V-Bar Pressdowns 10 x 10 (weight stack, no weight just numbers)
    Cable Curls 50kg x 10
    Dip Machine 12 x 8 (weight stack again)
    Reverse Curls 20kg x 10
    Behind Back Wrist Curls 30kg x 10

Being honest with myself I've gone off track eating wise and am feeling fat, which makes me depressed. Somehow after 20+ weeks the motivation to stick to an eating plan has worn off, plus the allure of chocolate and cake etc has made me fail myself in regards to that goal. Next week I'm planning on re-introducing cardio and getting back to my proper eating plan to try and get back on track.

Monday 14th - Chest, Calves, Triceps
    Standing Calves 120kg x 12
    Flat DB Press 35kg x 8
    Incline Smith Press 40kg x 8
    Flat DB Flyes 20kg x 10
    Chest Press 60kg x 10
    Pec Dec 50kg x 8
    Crossovers 30kg x 10
    Seated Calves 14 x 8 (pin loaded no weights marked just numbers)
    Rope Pressdowns 8 x 10 (same as above)
    Seated DB Extensions 25kg x 6 (two hands)

Tuesday 15th - Back, Biceps, Abs
    Bent Over Row 60kg x 8 (plus bar)
    Pulldowns 100kg x 8
    Cable Rows 70kg x 10
    Close Pulldown 75kg x 8
    Chest Support Row 12 x 6 (no weights marked again)
    Dumbell Rows 40kg x 6
    Incline Sit Ups 10kg x 10
    Incline Leg Raise 8
    Rope Curls 50kg x 8
    Seated DB Curls 20kg x 12

Wednesday 16th - Legs, Calves
    Seated Calves 14 x 10
    Squats 80kg x 6 (plus bar)
    Leg Press 160kg x 10
    Leg Curls 14 x 12
    Smith Front Squats 40kg x 6
    Leg Extensions 50kg x 12
    Stiff Legs 40kg x 12
    Alt. Leg Curls 15 x 14

Thursday 17th - Shoulders, Traps, Abs
    Bar Shrugs 60kg x 8 (plus bar)
    Seated Behind Neck Press 30kg x 10 (plus bar)
    Seated Rear Delt 20kg x 10
    Stand Side Raise 15kg x 12
    Cable Rear Delt 20kg x 10
    Cable Side Raise 20kg x 10
    Smith Upright Row 25kg x 10
    Rope Crunches 80kg x 10
    Incline Sit Ups 20
    Incline Leg Raise 10
    DB Shrigs 40kg x 6
    Behind Back Smith Shrugs 40kg x 12

Friday 18th - Arms, Forearms, Calves
    Stand Calves 140kg x 8
    EZ Curls 54kg x 8
    French Press 35kg x 12
    Preacher Curls 35kg x 10
    V-Bar Pressdowns 11 x 10
    Cable Curls 50kg x 12
    Dip Machine 12 x 10
    Seat Calves 14 x 12
    Reverse Curls 20kg x 12
    Behind Back Wrist Curls 30kg x 12

Abs are still showing and my muscles are starting to fill out more and overall I'm feeling confident that I'm getting bigger and stronger gradually and I'll be on track to reach my goal next year. Weight is a bit higher than I'd like but I'll try and maintain where I'm at for a few weeks so I'm on track with the short term goals I've set and I'm in a good position to cut up with less fat to lose this time and reach another level of conditioning, with added size.

I'm not too active on my ******** page, but that's because I don't have many likes. So it'd be cool if you could swing me a like, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to make a name of myself so this helps a lot. If you have pages yourselves post them here and I'll like your pages as well. We're all in the same sport and all have similar goals so I think it's great when we all support each other.

"Bigger, Leaner and Meaner!"

Made pizza with my girlfriend today. Square base with tomato paste and BBQ sauce. Ham, salami, bacon, cabanossi, chicken, pineapple with mozzarella and tasty cheese together.

Attached Images

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aussieryan View Post
    Made pizza with my girlfriend today. Square base with tomato paste and BBQ sauce. Ham, salami, bacon, cabanossi, chicken, pineapple with mozzarella and tasty cheese together.

Pizza's look great man!