Unlimited Motivation hunterpauley's Avatar
    hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Scoliosis (Curved Spine) and Competing?

I was wondering if anyone who has had a mild case of Scoliosis ever competed in Men's Physique before? My spine is not severely curved...I believe under 30 degrees. However, you can certainly notice it on my lower back...I included some pictures so you can look.

Im just curious if the judges, (if I ever was to compete), would nock this down?

Would love to hear if someone else has this same problem.

Cheers.
    Attached Images
    "Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you're not laying a brick down. Somebody else is."

Nutrition + Lifting Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161736303

Instagram: hunter_pauley

Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hunterpauley View Post
    I was wondering if anyone who has had a mild case of Scoliosis ever competed in Men's Physique before? My spine is not severely curved...I believe under 30 degrees. However, you can certainly notice it on my lower back...I included some pictures so you can look.

Im just curious if the judges, (if I ever was to compete), would nock this down?

Would love to hear if someone else has this same problem.

Cheers.
    I have 23 degrees of it, can't do anything about it.
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wilde View Post
    I have 23 degrees of it, can't do anything about it.
    Yea thats the doctor said about mine...If I had caught it when I was in my early teens would have braced it. Love to see someone your size though not affected by it. Thanks man.
    "Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you're not laying a brick down. Somebody else is."

Nutrition + Lifting Log

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can definitely BB with scoliosis
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    You can definitely BB with scoliosis
    Wow! Thankfully Im not that bad!

Nutrition + Lifting Log

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have scoliosis. like 23 degree curve. i competed a little over a month ago and loved it.

i dont think it was noticeable really,

my main gripe is one of my hips protrudes out which can be seen from an angle, not really straight on

Last edited by SammyJr; 10-02-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    i have scoliosis. like 23 degree curve. i competed a little over a month ago and loved it.
    I believe mines a few more degrees than yours...Do you have a back picture?

Nutrition + Lifting Log

Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post

i dont think it was noticeable really,

my main gripe is one of my hips protrudes out which can be seen from an angle, not really straight on

sorry picture didnt show up before...Nice back bro. Your right its not very noticeable really. With the muscle you have now, you know the spine isnt moving now haha...

Nutrition + Lifting Log