Thread: educate me

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)

educate me

Ok I know nothing about contest prep so close really.

was watching some video's on some of competitors for Mr O today and one of the guys said. I have had 0 carbs for about 2 days now (or something) tomorrow before I go on stage I will start carbing up about an hour before.
    Why is this, how does it effect physique before they jump on stage?

Also can someone tell me in order to qualify for IFBB, what comps they have to win before hand to qualify. I know NABB is one and where does Mr Universe stand in it?

thanks in advance. don't know much about competing

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by respawn View Post
    Ok I know nothing about contest prep so close really.

was watching some video's on some of competitors for Mr O today and one of the guys said. I have had 0 carbs for about 2 days now (or something) tomorrow before I go on stage I will start carbing up about an hour before.
    Why is this, how does it effect physique before they jump on stage?

Also can someone tell me in order to qualify for IFBB, what comps they have to win before hand to qualify. I know NABB is one and where does Mr Universe stand in it?

thanks in advance. don't know much about competing
    Hi, welcome

All of the information is on the organisers site for how to qualify as a pro

You need to win your class and overall. I'm sure your pro status lasts for two years so you need to win again etc

As for carbing up, most people start way before an hour before the show

Carbing up is to replenish the glycogen stores in the muscles making you look fuller and tighter

The amount you carb up is highly individual and you will here many story's when people say they look better the day after there show then on show day

Trail and error

Some of this information may be wrong and people within contest prep are very helpful

You may not get many answers as you need to read and educate yourself

There are many articles and layne norten has great vlogs
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Hi, welcome

All of the information is on the organisers site for how to qualify as a pro

You need to win your class and overall. I'm sure your pro status lasts for two years so you need to win again etc

As for carbing up, most people start way before an hour before the show

Carbing up is to replenish the glycogen stores in the muscles making you look fuller and tighter

The amount you carb up is highly individual and you will here many story's when people say they look better the day after there show then on show day

Trail and error

Some of this information may be wrong and people within contest prep are very helpful

You may not get many answers as you need to read and educate yourself

There are many articles and layne norten has great vlogs
    what is the actual order of comps to win but I mean for IFBB. and where does Mr Universe fit in with it.

Well aware of carbs and glygogen but year wasn't sure on fullness. was gonna mention it but didn't want to sound like an idiot lol. cheers for that.

as for layne Norten, great advice but he just talks too much. uses the most fancy words to explain the most simple thing and drags it out for a good 10 -30 mins. metabolic damage video for example I can explain in basic in about 1 min that a 9 year old can understand.

thanks
    Last edited by respawn; 10-01-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: thanking