descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation BodyBuilding.com Adroid App Issues

I've been using the Android app for a few months now. I mainly use it to track my workouts, not so much the forums or shopping and consistently I run into the same issues:

-Sometimes I have to log in sometimes it automatically logs me in.
    -Sometimes when I'm in the process of setting up to track my workout, the app hangs on Step 3, the "What's your current weight" and doesn't do anything... Trying to press Skip does nothing also. Then other times this portion works flawlessly.
    -Sometimes after I'm done with my workout, I hit the "Finish Tracking my Workout" and it just sits there doing nothing. If I click the refresh symbol, or the back button in the app all of my data is lost. Other times it works fine.. So the data on my profile is extremely incomplete and that just defeats the purpose to begin with.

Suggestion #1:
    There should be a built in code into the app to detect when there is a bug or a glitch, or at least notice that the app crashed. It should then prompt me next time I open the app "We noticed the app crashed, would you like to submit a crash report to BodyBuilding.com? - Yes or No" That way the company that designed the app can fix the bugs.

Suggestion #2:
    This is a little bit of common sense, but maybe not. Sync with the calendar/workout program. When I am on the app, there is a calendar that shows my logged workouts for the whole month with the gym days being marked as blue. That's cool and I like it. But then there is a button that says "Share Program with Mobile Calendar". What's the point of that? If I currently have a program, and I'm heading to the gym, I want to open the app, go to a button "Program Calendar" and select the workout, and begin tracking it.

Currently - I have to go to:
    MyBodySpace -> View Public Profile -> Scroll Down and try to find where it says "So and So Added a new program to his calendar" --> View the program --> then my phone loads the actual website, not even a mobile optimized portion of the website --> then I have to pick the routine I want to do ---> NOW I can select "Track My Workout"

Extremely annoying and inefficient. Even more aggravating when you're standing in a spot at the gym that has poor reception and you're jacked up and ready to hit the weights.

I hope you guys take note of my suggestions and bugs and get your tech guys on it. Otherwise its a great app and I certainly want to continue using it - minus the headache.

Thanks.
    -D

Registered User JumpStartJustin's Avatar
    JumpStartJustin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey my man.. Good news!!! We are actually creating a new BodySpace app that is specifically for tracing workouts and such. The new app is very user friendly and much nicer than the current BodyBuilding.com App. Keep an eye out as it should be launching in the next 2 months!

descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10) descentman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JumpStartJustin View Post
    Hey my man.. Good news!!! We are actually creating a new BodySpace app that is specifically for tracing workouts and such. The new app is very user friendly and much nicer than the current BodyBuilding.com App. Keep an eye out as it should be launching in the next 2 months!
    Really? That's awesome! Can't wait to check it out!
    Need any beta testers to report bugs and such?

Location: South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by descentman View Post
    Really? That's awesome! Can't wait to check it out!
    Need any beta testers to report bugs and such?
    Another 'volunteer' here too.
    http://www.musclefood.com/IG4833
    http://lastpass.com/f?3497706

Usus est magister optimus.

ethionupe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I saw that you launched the new iPhone app today. Will there be a new Android app as well?

AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm having problems as well particularly when I try to upload photos. I find that it will upload one pretty well but as soon as I go back to upload a second the whole thing lags then crashes or simply just crashes.

Also the main menu does not display my notifications, requests etc. I actually have to click on notifications even when it shows nothing and then click on my profile photo to get the side menu. THEN I can access everything.

Otherwise the app is pretty cool and I like having such easy access to the site on my phone. Hopefully the new updated version fixes this!

So we are now in December and still no new Android App.. is it coming out anytime soon?

eclectic taste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by descentman View Post
    So we are now in December and still no new Android App.. is it coming out anytime soon?

I just found it in the Play Store. Search for BodySpace

jnichols2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really hope you're doing something with the website workout tracker too. I'd even be ok if you completely scrapped it and started from scratch.

alex0wright has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With either the App (Iphone) or the site, not sure where, there is a problem with time zones and syncing. Essentially the App seems to know what day/time you are in, however the Bodycalendar is wrong, so it will not let me track a workout until I am a day ahead of it. Pretty frustrating.

madcat90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My fiance has noticed that when he tracks a workout, it doesn't always save on the app or on his bodyspace account online. It is March 16 today and he has tracked a workout every day this month, yet the app and online say his last tracked workout was March 10, even though he just saved a workout from today. Any suggestions or explanations for this? Anyone else having the same issues? Thanks!

dellis301 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having a few issues with the app as well, and the website's tracking is sometimes buggy. Mainly, the app doesn't seem to sync up to the site consistently as it should. I'm not showing today's workout in my Workout History, though it does show on my phone. Yet, if I look at Track a Strength Exercise it has what I lifted today.

The Barbell Rows Goal also does not work. On Track A Strength Exercise, it shows my goal as today and expired and there is no chart. On the Goals page, it has the right date for my goal, but doesn't show any progress even though there should be some.

BB.com, if you're listening. I LOVE YOUR SITE AND YOUR APP and use the hell out of your tracking. But, I confess I don't buy anything in your store, so in affect this is all free to me. I hate complaining about things that are free, so let me say this... I would GLADLY pay a SMALL membership fee to use your site if that would help you get some of these issues resolved. Great job over all, just needs a little work here and there. Incidentally, I am a software developer if you'd like some help!

Danny

CridBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Posting issues

So disappointed with this app... Does it ever work properly ?
    Got it 3 days ago, it won't let me post "fit status's " it won't let me comment on people's walls and won't let me comment on people's post's just comes up "Sorry you can't post this now, try again later" so I try again later and guess what it still doesn't work !!!! I don't need it for tracking my workouts as my gym is advanced and does that for me I got it help, advice and chats with like minded folk, please fix these issues !! Thankyou 😊

anonymous

Bazoo915 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So like.. I'm on the new bodybuilding app and I was tracking my workout and it's being a huge pain... I'm just trying to go back to a freaking workout I just completed to check something and i can't even find it! Like it SHOULD be 17 because the next one was 18(example) . But it isn't the same workout. I'm on Lee labradas lean workout plan. It says workout day 14 and 23 but neither of those are what i was doing. So I'm really confused and lost.

albertDan98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me too!